New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Sunny Spot Near The Lab]

"I suppose... I'd like to keep Kirin under watch though, it will be hard to keep you both." She pauses and peers at the laboratory. "Garn!" She calls out and soon the gargoyle comes flying, looking curiously at the situation before it. "Watch her Garn, watch Kirin." She tells the golem which lands near the catgirl "I'll be back in a moment okay?"

Garn nods eagerly in reply and then continues to watch Kirin.

As she steps into the lab with Harnel she offers what's left of the apple Kirin just ate. "Well, here it is. Just try to think, I will be staying beyond this door in case I need to close it. This place should be as hard to enter as it is to escape."

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Harnel nods, "Alright then," and he takes the apple core, picking out a seed from it with his claws, and then popping the little seed into his mouth.

It'll be a few moments before his change to pink.

He doesn't seem to have noticed, of course, and his demeanor hasn't changed just yet.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1323

[Outside the Lab]

"You turned pink." Cessie observes, making a note in her papers, she doesn't say that the progress seems to be similar to earlier as it might subconsciously effect Harnel. "How are you feeling?"

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Harnel raises up his arms and looks himself over a little at this point, looking at the scales curiously, "Weird. I don't feel any different, but there's obviously a difference." As Cessie watches, Harnel's horns grow longer, changing color until they result in the red color his scales were before... and then burst into flame. His tail also appears to be extending itself, slowly growing longer even as this all happens.

"I find it odd that I'm a bit fascinated by my hands. I don't think that's ever happened befoe," Indeed, Harnel is studying his hands rather intensely.

5. - Top - End - #1325

[The Lab]

"The effect seems different then before." Cessie observes casually. "There is a mirror over there if you like to see all your changes." She says, pointing out a full-body mirror in the corner of the room. "So why does your hand feel so fascinating all of sudden?" Her tone is calm and collected, having entered research mode at some point.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"Because Energy," Harnel says, as if that explains anything. And then he clicks a claw against another one from either hand. then he does it again, more forcefully, and a spark strikes. Harnel grins and strikes all of the claws on his fingers against each other, creating a large deal of sparks and setting his hands on fire. No damage is done to him, but Harnel is grinning widely at this point, "Look Cessie, I can do magic too." then he shakes his hands and the fire goes out. This only seems to amus him further.

The ridge on top of Harnel's tail lights on fire, leading all the way up to his neck as it moves up his back, burning through his shirt, which has already caught fire and will shortly be falling to the ground in tatters.

Strangely, despite the level of heat that should be coming from Harnel, the temperature of the room doesn't seem to have changed at all.

7. - Top - End - #1327

[The Lab]

Thankfully the lab have been protected from such energy. She couldn't help but wonder why his transformation this time was different. Would it be different with Kirin as well?

"Could you describe it in more detail?" 'Magic' didn't really mean anything to her. She didn't really expect much from him in this state though but as long as he didn't set fire to anything it would probably be okay.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"I'm controlling it. I can feel energy in the air, and I'm... changing the way it moves," he says, "if I strike my claws," which he does, to no effect, "then nothing actually happens. But, a bit of will-" and above his open palms there's a pair of floating orbs of fire.

"I can feel the energy all around us, everywhere in the room. It's... primal. It's heat. It's energy," He says, "And I figured out how to make it not burn the things I don't want to burn already," and he sets fire to the sleeve of his shirt. Strangely, though, it doesn't burn despite clearly being on fire.

It really is too bade that Cessie can't feel Aether energy. She'd be feeling a whole lot coming from Harnel right now.

9. - Top - End - #1329

[Mithar Keep]

While the sorceress have experience with controlling fire, her powers aren't nearly as enthralling to her. She still watches her husband with scholarly interest however. "That's very good Harnel, you're keeping control." Much more then he did last time interestingly enough.

"Do you have any urges to do anything specific at the moment?"

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel scratches at his chin, the fire on his sleeve winking out, and then he looks over towards Cessie, and his eyes very nearly sparkle ((note, they aren't really sparkling; it's just like he's seeing Cessie for the first time again))

"As a matter of fact? There is," And quick as thought, he'll close in on Cessie and attempt to dip her with a kiss. even this close, the fires that burn on Harnel's body won't feel hot to Cessie.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-06-30 at 09:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1331

[Mithar Keep]

Cessie meets his glance but hardly with the same desire. She's simply curious about the effects. She wasn't sure what to expect when he turned into fire however, if there had been real heat coming from him she might have reacted faster, or at least her ring would have protected her from him.

But as he's harmless, nothing is raised except the sorceress eyebrows as he attempts to kiss her. She quickly breaks free however and is ready to push him away with a wall of force next time. "T-that's nice Harnel, but not right now." She says with a nervous smile as she look back at him. "Try to keep in the lab, we can do things once the test is over."

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel presses up against the wall of force with a frown, tapping with his claws against it, "I can see you, Cessie. See you as your spirit is, the way I saw your spirit in the elemental realm. It's beautiful, just like you, but even more of you."

Something else is also happening. If Cessie looks towards any of the flames that now adorn Harnel's body, she'll find herself a bit mesmerized by them unless she has the will to pull herself away from looking at it

13. - Top - End - #1333

[Mithar Keep]

"Harnel, you know I'm not against... experimentation. But right now Kirin and you are my responsibility and you're both under the effect of fey nutriments. I can't just... let..." She drifts away a bit as she is mesmerized by the flame. It will only last a moment however as she have more then enough willpower to pull away.

The sorceress soul, if Harnel can see it, is a great flame, but not in size even if it easily could expand itself. It's just so much power, so much still untapped energy right now bond in a simple humanoid form.

((Clearly it looks something like this.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-01 at 08:30 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Harnel closes his eyes and presses a hand to his forehead, trying to collect himself, "B-back to the experiment then. I'm finding it harder to resist my desires, but I can also... see you. I mean, not just the physical you, but the elemental spirit. You're so powerful, but your human body... gets in the way of it? I think that's the best way to describe it."

Harnel goes to sit down against a wall and take a deep breath. During this whole time he keeps his eyes closed; if he looks at Cessie, he knows he might not be able to help himself.

Finally, his wings also light on fire, and every time Harnel opens his mouth it's easy to see the fire contained within his body as it lights up the back of his throat.

15. - Top - End - #1335

[The Lab]

"Y-yeah... I'm not sure what to make of it really ever since you told me about it." Cessie admits slowly as she pulls herself away from the flame. As her husband she takes a deep breath to calm herself down. She needed to remain focused here. "It's a part of me, but it's not me. If that makes sense." She attempts to explain. "But if you like to focus on other things, why don't you explain that captive flame you just made?"

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Harnel says.

He raises one palm out in front of him and looks at it, "I can feel the energy in the room, in the walls, in the heat of the building. And, I can... focus it I guess? A little bit of concentration, and the energy swirls around at a single point in my hand until-" and then a ball of fire comes into life above Harnel's outstretched hand, "Then this happens. I... think I might be able to work with other things, too, but this seems like the easiest to work with."

17. - Top - End - #1337

[The Lab]

"The other flame had a second effect though." Cessie observes as she look at the flame appearing in Harnel's hand. "It's fascinating since the apple and the seed didn't have the same effect at all. We both failed to predict what would happened." She continues. "The physical transformation is greater but I'm not sure about the mental one. Is it the flame or me you're attracted to?"

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"You. The Fire. Both. You both the same thing to my eyes. Different parts of a whole. It's the whole I want." Harnel says brokenly. He doesn't look over at Cessie becaused he doesn't want to go wild for her again.

19. - Top - End - #1339

[The Lab]

Cessie can't help but to smile a bit at that. She liked being desired. "That's interesting..." Don't get any ideas now. Kirin is still sleeping nearby. "Erm, why don't you try to use up a great deal of energy without causing any destruction. I'd like to test if spending up the energy cause you to revert back faster." She explains.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"Alright. But first, I want to try something out," Harnel says, and he begins focusing on one of the tables, holding out a hand towards it as he focuses. The table will separate and make a shape for itself; a star, about the size of a dinner plate. as it completes, however, the fires on Harnel's body seem to dim down a bit more, "Yeah, I can do other things than fire, but it's hard as hell." He's panting a bit, as if he had just exerted himself heavily.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-07-01 at 01:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1341

[The Lab]

The sorceress frowns slightly, she had liked that table. Not to mention a few delicate objects had been placed on it, Harnel's own sword not included there.
    Wonder what he will make out of his own sword anyway?

"I suppose you're using aether now. I don't think you could do that before, not like I did at least. Try something else, just try to be careful about your reshaping. Things in here can be very delicate."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Harnel nods, "Do you have anything that I can work with? I don't want to break something that you want to keep working," Evidently, he realized that he had done something bad when he adjusted the table.

23. - Top - End - #1343

[The Lab]

"Why don't you try to change the colors inside the room? Or do something with your flames?" The mage suggests.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"The flames are easy. I want to do something that isn't so easy. A challenge," He smiles and his fires flare a bit brighter, and he looks over towards Cessie, a grin spreading across his face, "Anything you want done, Cessie? There's a lot I can think of..."

25. - Top - End - #1345

[The Lab]

"Relax Harnel, you said that you have a hard time controlling yourself when you look at me." The sorceress replies as she meets his eyes. "What about changing one of the apples? It'd be interesting to see how they react to fey energy." She gestures towards the rest of the apples underneath the cupola.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Harnel looks around, not entirely sure where the apples are at the moment. if he sees the, he'll go over to one and attempt to shape it into a little Cessie figure with the stem poking out of her head. "That... was actually even easier than the fire."

of course, if Cessie takes the time to notice, the apple figure is a bit more voluptuous than she is normally. not much, but evidently Harnel couldn't help himself.

27. - Top - End - #1347

[The Lab]

Of course he couldn't, the sorceress doesn't seem to mind though and just smiles at him. Harnel always had his little fantasies. "Then I'm not sure. I could get an object for you if you want..." She pauses. "You know, the interaction between eldritch and aether is interesting. What about we focus our energy into one elemental? It should make it stay in the terrestrial world permanently depending on how much energy we use." A fire elemental appears inside the room, looking at Harnel. "Do whatever you want with it, I will keep channeling eldritch into it if it needs to grow."

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Harnel looks the elemental in the eye, and then will place a hand on its head. Well, not really; it doesn't have physical mass, but that's where he puts his hand. After a moment, he'll begin putting aether energy into the fire elemental. He barely knows what he's doing at this point, and isn't really shaping any sort of mind, if he's even capable of that.

29. - Top - End - #1349

[The Lab]

Technically he isn't able to shape pure eldritch material, but as it comes in contact with aether it suddenly turns into terrestrial material. Which sadly causes Cessie to lose control over it.

The elemental is now completely under Harnel's control as it don't really have a mind of it's own besides the aether he's giving it. The half-dragon should feel a connection build between him and the fire elemental which slowly starts to collapse as what he's turning it into is basically normal fire.

Thankfully the sorceress seems to have been prepared for this as a water elemental appears next to her. She doesn't do anything with it yet though, waiting for Harnel to do something with the other elemental.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Surprised by the sudden connection, Harnel doesn't keep putting aether energy into the elemental, and it winks out shortly afterwards, "Well, that was interesting. Can you describe what happened."

In the meantime, he just sort of glares at the water elemental, his flaming tail shishing from side to side.