New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Meanwhile]

Harnel nods, quirking an eyebrow, "Right. Well, enjoy doing... whatever you're going to do with Conflict," Harnel says, and he'll move over to Cessie to give her a kiss before heading out the door and down to the

[Keep Door]

Dorota, Crissy, Sizewell, and Scyela should see the half-dragon man of the house approaching, weaing a pair of baggy pants and a cotton shirt, "Hey there! sorry to keep you all waiting. I was working out a problem with Cessie."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Meanwhile]

Cessie returns the kiss, perhaps more passionate then the situation requires, "Mm... I'll might join you with an elemental later on. But don't think you're off the hook yet." She says with a stern voice. "You're going to make up for everything you did in bed tonight and if the twins wake up, you're going to take care of them. Naked if need be.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

This is a bit awkward, Dorota says when Kirin comes back. We didn't expect to drop by during some sort of... domestic crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Dorota, Crissy, Sizewell, and Scyela should see the half-dragon man of the house approaching, weaing a pair of baggy pants and a cotton shirt, "Hey there! sorry to keep you all waiting. I was working out a problem with Cessie."
    Crissy nods, and seems to quickly recover. And the blonde Valley Girl half-elf, snuggled up to Dorota's side, gives Harnel a wave as he appears. "I'm, like, totally sorry to hear that! Is there anything we can do to, like, help out? I'm Crissy, by the way."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Syela stays quiet for the moment. She's looking curiously at Harnel; She's never seen a half dragon before, and he intrigues her.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Keep Door

"No, at this point it's just time. Just wait for the effect to wear off."

After a moment, Kirin turns around and heads toward the kitchen. "I'm going to get myself a sandwich."

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Oh, hello Harnel, Dorota says, still keeping an arm around Crissy. It's no problem, I hope everything works out. We already had a bit of a run-in with your new golem.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Harnel nods. It seemed Dorota wasn't latching onto the "effect" Kirin mentioned, which was good. He does take note of the fact that her arm is around Crissy, and suddenly he realizes what that means. Well, not like it matter, "Yeah, Garm can be a bit intimidating around people he doesn't know, but he's nice, all the same. Very dutiful. Come in; I can cook something for you if you like."

Harnel looks at Sizewell, and he remembers the things Cessie has told him about the golem, "Would you like to learn how to cook?"

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

[Keep Door]

"You cook? That's, like, pretty cool!" Crissy chirps, smiling at their host. "I can cook some things, if they're totally simple, but I'm not really good at it..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

[Keep Door]

"Something to eat would be great." Syela says, maybe a bit eagerly. You wouldn't be able to tell how scrawny and underfed she was when she first came to the Nexus by looking at her now. She might have even put on a little more weight than she would like.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchen

Kirin is putting together a sandwich, using some vegetables, and a wide variety of meat and cheese. She knows what she wants, she knows where it all is, and this sandwich is coming together quickly.

It's... rather large.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Dorota is quite curious about what happened, but she feels it would be very impolite to ask.
    That would be very nice, thank you. Then she looks at Sizewell, whose eyes dim and then lit up again as he thinks.
    I Would Be Delighted To Learn A New Skill, he finally says.
    I'm afraid I can't cook to save my life, so I never taught him to do it, the alchemist says, a little embarassed.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

[Keep Door]

"Alright, come on in, everybody," Harnel waves the group in, towards the dining room. The table has six seats, so despite the large amount of company, there's a seat for everybody, if Sizewell is capable of sitting down in one of the chairs without crushing it.

Harnel will take Sizewell to the kitchen, which is connected to the dining room, "I'm going to be showing you how to make a bacherlor's caserole. It's easy to make and tastes good, so we shouldn't have any trouble. If you want, I can also show you how to make a cake for desert."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-07-04 at 06:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Dorota follows Harnel to the dining room, with Sizewell right behind her. The alchemist sits down while the golem - who can't really sit on a chair without reducing it to kindling - follows the half-dragon to the kitchen. There, he says:
    I Would Like To Learn Both. I Am Eager To See How It Is Done.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Harnel will pull out a pot, filling it with water, adding a bit of salt, and setting it on the stove. He flips the dial to wait for the pot to boil and says, "First off, we need to boil some water. This usually takes a little while, but not too long. We add salt to the water to make it boil faster, but we have to be careful not to add too much salt, as that can ruin the meal. Just a little is enough to flavor the whole thing."

It's at this point that Harnel's player will stop describing actions. While The character may be pretty good, the player can burn boiled eggs, and thus shouldn't be allowed near a kitchen. The whole ordeal will take half an hour, with Harnel making sizewell do most of the work as the half-dragon watches from the sidelines; many people learn best by doing, and so allowing Sizewell to do it himself, even with instruction, should be a better learning experience than just watching.

The same process will be carried out for a cake after the casserole while waiting for it to come out of the oven. They won't have finished making the cake by the time the casserole is ready, an it'll still need to go in the oven, but it should turn out quite good unless Sizewell does something wrong, which Harnel should catch before it goes into the meal.

Regardless, this is going to take a while, so those in the Dining Room should have some time to talk amongst themselves before the half-dragon and golem come back with food.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Crissy, having fallen quiet, sits on the chair next to Dorota, smiling. "What do you, like, think happened?" she asks the alchemist quietly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Syela sits across the table from Dorota and Crissy. She leans on her elbows on the table and waits to listen to what Dorota thinks. She sure has no idea herself.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dining Room

Kirin walks out of the kitchen, into the dining room, holding a glorious sandwich.

Nine inches tall, layer upon layer of ham, beef, turkey, chicken, fish, bacon, and at least eight different kinds of cheese. Lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and various condiments are also in attendance. Gaze upon it and despair, for this sandwich alone will fill your need for a meal, if only you can but fit it in your mouth.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Dorota bites her lip, unsure of what to say.
    I think maybe one of those projects Cessie had mentioned backfired somehow. It does sound like a magical accident.
    Then she looks at Kirin's sandwich and blinks. That's some... impressive sandwich.

[Kitchen]

Sizewell will obey all of Harnel's instructions and follow him through the process. He turns out to be very focused, pretty much impossible to distract and very responsive to teaching.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-05 at 01:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

[Dining Room]

"Well, like, if it is, maybe we could help somehow?" Crissy whispers, before falling quiet as Kirin returns.

Her eyes going wide as she takes in the SANDVICH.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

"Do you think they would have asked if they wanted are help, though?" Syela says. They haven't even mentioned what's going on.

And then, the sandwich. The feychild looks at it, completely speechless. How the heck is she expecting to eat that?

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dining Room

"Harnel and your golem are making something for you all right now. I just have this to tide me over."

She then proceeds to devour it. Not just eat, devour. It's like watching a magic trick... here is a mighty sandwich! Om nom nom nom sandwich. Now there is no more sandwich.

Kirin obviously enjoyed it. It was a good sandwich.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

[Dining Room]

All the whispering needs to be cut short now, needless to say.
    Dorota watches the sandwich be devoured with some fascination. She could have sworn someone's jaw can't bend this way...
    I wonder how Sizewell will do at cooking. He's very precise, which I suppose will help.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Clearly Kirin is part snake.

"He'll pick it up right away. He's totally smart like that," Crissy declares with a grin.

Maybe smarter than her, even.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Syela just stares at Kirin for a while. How did she..? Maybe it's best not to think about it.

"Uh, yeah, I bet he'll do great. Then maybe he can cook all the time." Syela herself may know a bit more about cooking than Crissy and Dorota, but she's no cook either.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dining Room

Kirin doesn't do much right now. She doesn't really have any comment on the topic of discussion, nor anything she wants to say. As thus, she just kind of sits there.

She's kind of distractable right now... she might get distracted by something?

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

[Dining Room]

I was wondering if he could talk to Cessie's golem... but it doesn't seem to talk. Or did it just choose to be silent in front of us? Dorota asks Kirin.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Dining Room

"Maybe he, like, doesn't talk to people he doesn't know?" Crissy suggess, looking to Kirin as well curiously.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dining Room

Kirin shrugs. "I don't think he talks at all yet. I've never heard him say anything, that's for sure. In fact, when he grunted at you was the first time I ever heard him make noise. I think."

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

[Dining Room]

I see... maybe he can be taught to talk, then. We'll be glad to help out. We've managed to teach Sizewell a lot, Dorota says.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Crissy nodded proudly. "He's so totally smart and he's learning like a sponge," she declares.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew