New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

any one can die orihime can just brings them back
    My Class is Artificer ... "I see the secret patterns of magic, and through the items I carry, I can use that magic to protect you, heal you... or make you explode."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Unless they are Gin.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

To their in-character knowledge, Gin is still a baddie, so there's no reason to bring him back.

...and restoring Gin would have been way to awkward for anyone.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Also, do we know if Orihime can actualy bring people back from the dead?

I only remember her healing mortal wounds swiftly after they were inflicted.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

new chapter is up

Spoiler
    Show
    not very interesting, just the power anihilition and anihilating power, and we have a name for the enemy! the Vandenreich... Sounds German, so the quinchy part has been explained for now...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post

yes. one of the arrancar floozies got their top 1/2 blown off by grimjaw.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

8. - Top - End - #278
    Spamalot in the Playground

Looks like Quirrancar are as useless as living Quincy. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    No, die. People can die in this series as shown by the last arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Only bad guys.
    Drolyt beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    new chapter is up

Spoiler
    Show
    not very interesting, just the power anihilition and anihilating power, and we have a name for the enemy! the Vandenreich... Sounds German, so the quinchy part has been explained for now...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Come on it's fun when people underestimate Ichigo. It gives him an great opening to kick tail. I don't think it's quite a power vs power though. I guess this guy thought Ichigo had only normal Soul Reaper abilities, not the off off spec ones that he does have. The attack the bad guy tried seemed to be some sort of bankai trap. And it didn't work because Ichigo isn't normal. I wonder if this guy even known that Ichigo is a Vizard.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Something seemed to break off Ichigo's sleeve before he broke the pillars around him, possibly the Kido type thing did have some sort of effect we'll see later? Getsuga Tenshou isn't dependant on him being in bankai after all

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Vonotar View Post
    Something seemed to break off Ichigo's sleeve before he broke the pillars around him, possibly the Kido type thing did have some sort of effect we'll see later? Getsuga Tenshou isn't dependant on him being in bankai after all
    Black Getsuga is though.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Come on it's fun when people underestimate Ichigo. It gives him an great opening to kick tail. I don't think it's quite a power vs power though. I guess this guy thought Ichigo had only normal Soul Reaper abilities, not the off off spec ones that he does have. The attack the bad guy tried seemed to be some sort of bankai trap. And it didn't work because Ichigo isn't normal. I wonder if this guy even known that Ichigo is a Vizard.
    Well I meant his power was there to annihilate Ichigo's power (as shown by his bracer breaking off), however, Ichigo is great at using power to annihilate obstacles with his Getsuga Tenshou, let alone his black one (and we haven't even seen what his fullbring excersises has done to him utilising his power). he indeed isn't normal, he's an unholy mix of Shinigami and everything the Gotei 13 hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonotar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Black Getsuga is though.
    Black Getsuga was IIRC ionly black because he hollowfied once which mixed is hollow spirit pressure from his hollowfied state with his shinigami spritit pressure resulting in black Getsugas while in bankai (since his bankai is said to compress all of Ichigo's power enabling him to go beyond his limits by simply not leaking his excess spritiual pressure, but compressing it into his sword, that shoudl include his spirit pressure gained by beïng (partly) hollow). in shikai however, Ichigo only uses his shinigami half of his spiritual pressure thus giving him his signature white getsuga tenshou.

I don't know the proper references, but IIRC it was commented upon that the change in color wasn't the only change in his spiritual pressure, it was said that the spiritual pressure itself felt different, even malicious
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well I meant his power was there to annihilate Ichigo's power (as shown by his bracer breaking off), however, Ichigo is great at using power to annihilate obstacles with his Getsuga Tenshou, let alone his black one (and we haven't even seen what his fullbring excersises has done to him utilising his power). he indeed isn't normal, he's an unholy mix of Shinigami and everything the Gotei 13 hate.
    Used to hate I would think. Several Captains are Vizards now.

Now to figure out what Vandenreich means. Reich stands for kingdom or empire. A Third Reich was one of the worst things in human history. Does not look all that positive.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2012-02-29 at 12:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Used to hate I would think. Several Captains are Vizards now.

Now to figure out what Vandenreich means. Reich stands for kingdom or empire. A Third Reich was one of the worst things in human history. Does not look all that positive.
    Quick translation of all the titles:

KriegsErklärung: "WarDeclaration". Already the title brings us back to the purpose of this chapter. The masked leader stated last chapter "we declare war on Soul Society."

Vandenreich: "van den reich" (of the empire, using Dutch and German phrases)... we already know Kubo doesn't have the best grammar in other languages. I'm also suspecting it should be "vondenreich" since the "van" is Dutch, but is the German pronunciation when transliterated into Japanese. Not a good German linguist, so I'm not sure if it should be von der reich or not.

15. - Top - End - #285

Black Getsuga was IIRC ionly black because he hollowfied once which mixed is hollow spirit pressure from his hollowfied state with his shinigami spritit pressure resulting in black Getsugas while in bankai (since his bankai is said to compress all of Ichigo's power enabling him to go beyond his limits by simply not leaking his excess spritiual pressure, but compressing it into his sword, that shoudl include his spirit pressure gained by beïng (partly) hollow). in shikai however, Ichigo only uses his shinigami half of his spiritual pressure thus giving him his signature white getsuga tenshou.

I don't know the proper references, but IIRC it was commented upon that the change in color wasn't the only change in his spiritual pressure, it was said that the spiritual pressure itself felt different, even malicious
    You're partially right. It's true that Shirosaki/Hichigo is the source of the black getsuga, in that he taught Ichigo about it and was its first user. However, since then, Ichigo has used it in numerous canon battles without hollowifying first. The one constant to Black Getsuga is that he's needed to be in Bankai to use it.

Furthermore, it's debatable as to whether there even IS a "Hollow Ichigo" anymore. His Final Getsuga training had the effect of merging Zangetsu and Shirosaki into one being; even if the presence of his hollow is an integral part of the technique (which I doubt, given the factors above), that side of him is no longer a distinct entity from his own energy. Therefore, I would expect all his Getsugas in bankai to be black going forward.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

The cover of this chapter seems to point to the Hollow Ichigo still being around in some form. Take a look at the hood.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

The cover of this chapter seems to point to the Hollow Ichigo still being around in some form. Take a look at the hood.
    Yeah, but that could mean anything at all. Or absolutely nothing.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Yeah, but that could mean anything at all. Or absolutely nothing.
    True. I'm getting more of the impression that it's supposed to show how Ichigo's standing behind new kid's decisions. "Don't step back" or "follow your determination" or something along those lines. Ichigo's dressed in black, half his face is hidden by a hollow insigna, showing how he's got his feet between both worlds, and he's supporting the new kid, who's probably going to serve as an indication of how SS should be run in the future. Or that I'm thinking too much into a covershot.

19. - Top - End - #289

Of course he's around. He's Ichigo.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, not much interesting this chapter.

I'm betting they can cancel out bankais, since they were taunting the Best Captain

It looked to me like ichigo has fullbringishness combined with soul reaper powers. What new exciting ability will he gain this arc?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

I really hope Yamamoto gets to kick some Quincy ass in the near future...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Yep, not much interesting this chapter.

I'm betting they can cancel out bankais, since they were taunting the Best Captain
    That's probably still an unwise thing to do, considering what we've seen him do in Shikai, with Kido, and his *bare hands.*

I will grudgingly admit that Ivan is probably Quincy related, primarily because his spell was not identified as a Kido and the Quincy are the only other ones we've seen use incanted spells like that (at least, that I can remember.)

Speculation: I still think the Quincy-car have found some way to 'eat' other spiritual beings. The Bankai thing could be an extension of that- they have a technique to control or even turn the power of the sword's spirit against its owner. This requires Bankai first because the spirit is most exposed and separate at that time, and would naturally make most Shinigami much less of a threat.
    Why Ichigo wasn't affected in the way Ivan thought he should be? Well, "Ichigo is just too strong" is boring as hell (but probably true, because Shounen)... so I'm gonna say it was the Final Getsuga training. Ichigo's powers and his self are no longer distinct beings; his 'Bankai' doesn't work like most Shinigami any more. He simply wasn't shut down the way he should have been, so Ivan was trying to chant his long cage-death-magic against a fully powered target. (I suppose accessing his power as a Fullbring might also do it, but I honestly don't think we'll see that be really relevant.)

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Looks like the enemy have some kind of anti-bankai tech. Without knowing what other powers they have, I can't say how significant this will be. They did beat rapier man, but so did Ichigo during the rescue Rukia thing and there are five of them.

I do like Yamamoto's nonchalant response to the bad guy, like he was talking to a bunch of punks messing around on his lawn.

I am here. There is no better security than this.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

Hmm. If the bad guys have the power to cancel out people's bankai...given that this is Bleach...does that make it less or more likely that we'll see the various bankais we've been waiting on this arc?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    I do like Yamamoto's nonchalant response to the bad guy, like he was talking to a bunch of punks messing around on his lawn.

I am here. There is no better security than this.
    The old man can sure pile on the badass if he needs to.
    Truth resists simplicity.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    That's probably still an unwise thing to do, considering what we've seen him do in Shikai, with Kido, and his *bare hands.*
    Quoted for truth.

Why Ichigo wasn't affected in the way Ivan thought he should be? Well, "Ichigo is just too strong" is boring as hell (but probably true, because Shounen)... so I'm gonna say it was the Final Getsuga training. Ichigo's powers and his self are no longer distinct beings; his 'Bankai' doesn't work like most Shinigami any more.
    Ichigo's bankai never worked like anyone elses to begin with. All the other bankai's produce huge/widspread effects. Ichigo's bankai has always concentrated it's power on Ichigo himself.

27. - Top - End - #297

OldWizardGuy

We actually haven't seen his Bankai at all

28. - Top - End - #298

(I suppose accessing his power as a Fullbring might also do it, but I honestly don't think we'll see that be really relevant.)
    Fullbring? What's that?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Fullbring? What's that?
    It's an adornment on his clothes. I heard it boosts Charisma
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

30. - Top - End - #300

OK, so we're supposed to be threatened by these guys because they beat up Yama's butler and won't get off Ichigo's bed when asked politely?

No disrespect to butler guy, but Ichigo cold-cocked that dude in one move, with his bare hands, back when his power was like a tenth of what is right now. And these guys needed some time and weapons to beat him up? Not to mention whatever they tried to pull on Ichigo clearly didn't work.

Oh, I'm sure contrivance will keep them around a while, but I'm not seeing the Spirit Nazis being any more effective than the last batch of quincies that got in a scuffle with Soul Society.
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.