New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Everything you said is correct. The twins are Loyd Royd and Royd Loyd, by the way.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Everything you said is correct. The twins are Loyd Royd and Royd Loyd, by the way.
    That must be utterly confusing in speech for the Japanese.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #1323

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    That must be utterly confusing in speech for the Japanese.
    That's basically the entire point. The twins have names so similiar one could just assume they are the same person. So I...GUESS they KIND OF foreshadowed it, a LITTLE BIT. But then you have **** like Nanana Najakoop, and Super Chunky From Hell, so you can never be sure with Bleach.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Firbolg in the Playground

But then you have **** like Nanana Najakoop, and Super Chunky From Hell, so you can never be sure with Bleach.
    Super Chunky From Hell was just a chapter title. Stop throwing it around like it was anything else. Bleach has had some ludicrous chapter titles and some ludicrous character names but they aren't the same thing.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

5. - Top - End - #1325

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    Super Chunky From Hell was just a chapter title. Stop throwing it around like it was anything else. Bleach has had some ludicrous chapter titles and some ludicrous character names but they aren't the same thing.
    True, but from my understanding the big old hollow creature was CALLED Super Cunky From Hell, so that's why I said as such.

Nanana Najakoop is still weird though.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

True, but from my understanding the big old hollow creature was CALLED Super Cunky From Hell, so that's why I said as such.
    Nope. Its real name is Fura. People just call it that because that was the chapter title for when it first showed up. Though it is very descriptive.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

New Issue
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, he got Worfed and HARD...
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Nope. Its real name is Fura. People just call it that because that was the chapter title for when it first showed up. Though it is very descriptive.
    And it gets translated as "Holeer". Dafuq.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    And it gets translated as "Holeer". Dafuq.
    Considering what the "Official" translation of Yuha Bach is, I'm not suprised, because both are horrible.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I can't believe this.

No, really, I can't believe it. I think -this- is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr "I'm so hot I'm burning down the entire afterlife" just got beaten.

HOW IN THE -HELL- IS ICHIGO SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO WIN!?! No freaking -way- Ichigo's stronger than Yamamoto. And what would make his Bankai any less stealabl than Yamamotos? Hell, now the enemy can use Yamamoto's Bankai... but he probably will conveniently forget about it, or consider it a dishonor to use or some bull like that.

And the flash of Aizen... that just plain seemed disrespectful.

Yeah, I might see if it sticks, but otherwise, I think I'm finally done with Bleach. That's just ridiculous.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Firbolg in the Playground

I admit, I'll probably keep reading regardless. But like Zodiac (I think), it's really more out of morbid curiosity by this point. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion... Horrifying, yet strangely entrancing...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

I wish I could say I was surprised by this, but.. welp. I suspected there wasn't anything actually special protecting the Captain's bankai, just the two factors that he doesn't *need* to use Bankai for most opponents, and that the nature of the Bankai meant that almost anybody else who would try to steal it and use it would simply incinerate themselves.

Also agreed that this is getting more than ordinarily silly (and that's using the Fullbring arc as the current level for 'ordinary silly' in Bleach!)

13. - Top - End - #1333

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    I admit, I'll probably keep reading regardless. But like Zodiac (I think), it's really more out of morbid curiosity by this point. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion... Horrifying, yet strangely entrancing...
    Yha, that's basically it. I read this series SOLELY to find things to make fun of now. It brings a lot of comedy to our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I wish I could say I was surprised by this, but.. welp. I suspected there wasn't anything actually special protecting the Captain's bankai, just the two factors that he doesn't *need* to use Bankai for most opponents, and that the nature of the Bankai meant that almost anybody else who would try to steal it and use it would simply incinerate themselves.

Also agreed that this is getting more than ordinarily silly (and that's using the Fullbring arc as the current level for 'ordinary silly' in Bleach!)
    The only thing I liked about the Fullbring arc was Tsukishima, who, for a moment, turned the manga into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure with his AMAZING power that sounds, on paper, completely useless, bu in practice is utterly fantastic.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The only thing I liked about the Fullbring arc was Tsukishima, who, for a moment, turned the manga into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure with his AMAZING power that sounds, on paper, completely useless, bu in practice is utterly fantastic.
    ... I ACTUALLY WATCHED THE 13 EPISODE ANIME OF THAT DURING THE BREAK! It was... Glorious.

Though, doesn't your summary describe almost every single ability that doesn't dirrectly make the enemies fall down?

Also, about Aizen... looking back on his final -war- with everyone... is it just me, or does he give off a "Frieza" like vibe?

15. - Top - End - #1335

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    ... I ACTUALLY WATCHED THE 13 EPISODE ANIME OF THAT DURING THE BREAK! It was... Glorious.

Though, doesn't your summary describe almost every single ability that doesn't dirrectly make the enemies fall down?

Also, about Aizen... looking back on his final -war- with everyone... is it just me, or does he give off a "Frieza" like vibe?
    Not true. Some powers in Jojo are quite obvious in how powerful they are (like say, The Grateful Dead, which ages people to death) while some powers, which ARE really, really strong, sound utterly useless (Sticky Finger's power, punching zippers into things).

Also, if you liked that, you'll love how they're making a new anime series for it, starting from Part 1 and going all the way to the end.

But yes, on topic, I DO see a sort of Frieza vibe from Aizen. An ultimate being who constantly undergoes form changes. However, unlike Frieza, Aizen quickly grew very...unthreatening. With Frieza, the heroes strait up managed to kick his ass a few times, but each time he'd pop back up. With Aizen, it was much less exciting, because the only real time someone who wasn't Ichigo inflicted damage on him, it was just an illusion.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Not true. Some powers in Jojo are quite obvious in how powerful they are (like say, The Grateful Dead, which ages people to death) while some powers, which ARE really, really strong, sound utterly useless (Sticky Finger's power, punching zippers into things).
    Oh, no, I was refering to Bleach. Even the combat focused powers are usually boring or essoteric. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure had wicked awesome powers.

Also, if you liked that, you'll love how they're making a new anime series for it, starting from Part 1 and going all the way to the end.
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

But yes, on topic, I DO see a sort of Frieza vibe from Aizen. An ultimate being who constantly undergoes form changes. However, unlike Frieza, Aizen quickly grew very...unthreatening. With Frieza, the heroes strait up managed to kick his ass a few times, but each time he'd pop back up. With Aizen, it was much less exciting, because the only real time someone who wasn't Ichigo inflicted damage on him, it was just an illusion.
    Half the time, it was because Frieza wasn't really trying. But it was -properly- established far ahead of time that the Galactic Ruler of Most of the Known Universe with a Power Level of at least a Million (in comparison to the heroes rocking somewhere in the ten thousands, with even Goku at like 200,000ish) was going to be hard to beat, releasing more energy when actually pressed.

There wasn't much reason for Aizen to have been so tough, beyond his hax illusions he didn't even really use beyond occasional mind rape. The Hogkyoku just invented random bull for him to use over time...

17. - Top - End - #1337

The thing I like to point out the most in regards to Aizen, and infact a lot of Bleach, is that the simpler your power is, the stronger it is shown to be.

Look at the former captain, the Vizard guy that attacked Aizen. His power makes it so that whatever you see him doing, he's actually doing that same action backwards, upside down, and reversed. He succeded in doing JACK AND ALL.

Ichigo's power is that HE HITS YOU REALLY HARD. He defeated Aizen completely.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The thing I like to point out the most in regards to Aizen, and infact a lot of Bleach, is that the simpler your power is, the stronger it is shown to be.

Look at the former captain, the Vizard guy that attacked Aizen. His power makes it so that whatever you see him doing, he's actually doing that same action backwards, upside down, and reversed. He succeded in doing JACK AND ALL.

Ichigo's power is that HE HITS YOU REALLY HARD. He defeated Aizen completely.
    What about Miss "I reject reality"? Though I shouldn't give her such a negative sounding nick name, since she's one of the few characters I love in Bleach with a burning passion.

Also, Ichigo didn't beat Aizen. He had to have 3 months of training after losing to him and being threatened with being eaten, then went and lost all his powers for Hat & Clogs to take Aizen down the way he should have like 20 chapters prior.

19. - Top - End - #1339

What about Miss "I reject reality"? Though I shouldn't give her such a negative sounding nick name, since she's one of the few characters I love in Bleach with a burning passion.

Also, Ichigo didn't beat Aizen. He had to have 3 months of training after losing to him and being threatened with being eaten, then went and lost all his powers for Hat & Clogs to take Aizen down the way he should have like 20 chapters prior.
    Orohime SHOULD be unendingly powerful, but she just...doesn't do anything with her power.

I'm pretty sure Ichigo beat Aizen himself. Didn't he get in that whole bandaged up form and what have you, and beat him with the final attack that totally made him lose his spirit power forever, it was that powerful of an attack?

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Orohime SHOULD be unendingly powerful, but she just...doesn't do anything with her power.
    At least she has a justification for it; being far too gentle to reject everyone's limbs from them, if not their own realities.

I'm pretty sure Ichigo beat Aizen himself. Didn't he get in that whole bandaged up form and what have you, and beat him with the final attack that totally made him lose his spirit power forever, it was that powerful of an attack?
    Oh no, if it had actually ended like that, I wouldn't hate Bleach so badly. Aizen regenerated himself after Ichigo wasted his new strength that would have let him win and was letting him dominate the fight by using the dangerously forbidden technique that seems to have little justifiation behind it and doesn't even finish the job.

21. - Top - End - #1341

At least she has a justification for it; being far too gentle to reject everyone's limbs from them, if not their own realities.

Oh no, if it had actually ended like that, I wouldn't hate Bleach so badly. Aizen regenerated himself after Ichigo wasted his new strength that would have let him win and was letting him dominate the fight by using the dangerously forbidden technique that seems to have little justifiation behind it and doesn't even finish the job.
    Ah, must of forgotten that. Can't imagine why, it's clearly such an important plot point.

True, but she doesn't HAVE to attack. Just reject all harm. At the very least HEAL GENRYUSAI'S ARM. It doesn't matter if "his reitsu messes with the healing" as someone in the thread theorized, because she literally rewrites reality with her power. If Genryusai's reistu is so powerful he can resist a REALY REWRITE, that means he's MUCH, MUCH stronger then he appears. And considering he just recently got punked by his own sword...yha.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ah, must of forgotten that. Can't imagine why, it's clearly such an important plot point.
    Speaking of unmentioned plot points, where's that Spirit King who Aizen was trying to go after? He seems like he should have a say in what's going on in this war between the group that is known as the quincies and the soul reapers.

True, but she doesn't HAVE to attack. Just reject all harm. At the very least HEAL GENRYUSAI'S ARM. It doesn't matter if "his reitsu messes with the healing" as someone in the thread theorized, because she literally rewrites reality with her power. If Genryusai's reistu is so powerful he can resist a REALY REWRITE, that means he's MUCH, MUCH stronger then he appears. And considering he just recently got punked by his own sword...yha.
    .... she could probably reject people's Bankai having been stolen at all, actually. Where is Orihime right now? We need her to fix... well, everything! Orihime can fix Bleach!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Titan in the Playground

I can't guarantee that it would still work this way if Orihime actually ever did anything again, but it was my understanding that Orihime's powers function in a way that is basically limited by her own hangups; it's not that anything truly does prevent her from healing something or destroying whatever the heck she wants, but that she is convinced that things *could* and that she is not strong enough to overcome them.. so she's not, not until what she needs to do is so important to her that it blows past all the insecurity and 'I don't want to fight!' stuff. If she were a Determinator-type, she'd be nigh-omnipotent.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Speaking of unmentioned plot points, where's that Spirit King who Aizen was trying to go after? He seems like he should have a say in what's going on in this war between the group that is known as the quincies and the soul reapers.

.... she could probably reject people's Bankai having been stolen at all, actually. Where is Orihime right now? We need her to fix... well, everything! Orihime can fix Bleach!
    She's lying unconcious next to Chad, who somehow manages to be even more useless then her : D

That's the most sarcastic smile I've ever done.

As for the Spirit King, I THINK he MAY show up in this arc. He won't, though. This would require Kubo to remember a plot point he did.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I can't guarantee that it would still work this way if Orihime actually ever did anything again, but it was my understanding that Orihime's powers function in a way that is basically limited by her own hangups; it's not that anything truly does prevent her from healing something or destroying whatever the heck she wants, but that she is convinced that things *could* and that she is not strong enough to overcome them.. so she's not, not until what she needs to do is so important to her that it blows past all the insecurity and 'I don't want to fight!' stuff. If she were a Determinator-type, she'd be nigh-omnipotent.
    There's got to be a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann joke in here somewhere.

She's lying unconcious next to Chad, who somehow manages to be even more useless then her : D

That's the most sarcastic smile I've ever done.

As for the Spirit King, I THINK he MAY show up in this arc. He won't, though. This would require Kubo to remember a plot point he did.
    This post was particularly amusing. You're full of the funny today.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't he "beat" him by showing the Hogyoku that Aizen wasn't the strongest/didn't think of everything/whatever hax, that made it think "hm, yeah, you're not worthy of my fabulosity" or something and made it reject Aizen?

A lot of mangakas' plots are like blocks of cheese. Most don't have a lot of holes in them. Some even have no holes at all. There are some mangakas whose cheeses resemble a kind of Super Swiss that is more hole than cheese, though. Then there's Kubo, who seems to be more of a fan of a kind of brie that's practically a liquid, just barely hanging together before it'd fall apart and flow away in different directions.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Kubo is the male, real life equivilent of that girl who designs Sakura's costumes in Cardcaptor Sakura. He's only in this for the cool costume designs.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking things off topic here, I had a question for you all: The anime(on Adult Swim) recently got done the fight with Ichigo and Ulquiorra, and I was wondering: Is Ulquirra actually a higher rank then 4, it's just that no-one realized it? Because of his "second release" that no other espada has and all that jazz? Just curious and all.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-10-07 at 04:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Now I get it. Yamamoto getting clubbed sets the stage for development which explains are questions which have thus far remained unanswered! Spirit King and Squad 0 will both appear! We will learn all about Kurosaki Isshin and Ishida ryuuken! What is the history of Quincy? All will be revealed. Right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Taking things off topic here, I had a question for you all: The anime(on Adult Swim) recently got done the fight with Ichigo and Ulquiorra, and I was wondering: Is Ulquirra actually a higher rank then 4, it's just that no-one realized it? Because of his "second release" that no other espada has and all that jazz? Just curious and all.
    I can with all certainty say...maybe. Ulquirra says that even Aizen didn't know about his second release, but I bet it was still all part of Aizen's plan anyway.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're supposed to believe that that is the implication yes.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show