New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    This chapter makes me hate Kubo even more. Not because it's bad on its own, though. On it's own, it's a pretty good chapter. It gives great insight to Yamamoto's, and the whole Gotei's, character.

I hate him, because I could've liked this chapter if the way events lead to it in the previous chapter wouldn't have been so damn stupid. If it was, say, Ryuuken playing bach's part, with Bach himself dead, it would be beautiful. But noooo, instead of giving Bach a legitimate win, instead of using any of his dozen other possible Big Bads to fill his place, he went with a god-awful stunt double gambit.

All my hate. All of it. Grrr.
    You think that's bad? If you look at this arc, it's basically gone completely backwards. Normally in an arc like this, the villian sends out his massive horde, and our heroes have to fight through it to get to the super strong captains.

In this fight, he sent out all his super strong captains first, and after ALL OF THEM SANS ONE are dead, THEN he sends in his horde of mooks. Which procede to destroy Soul Sociaty in literally seconds. Considering how strong the Soldats are, imagine how things would go if the Sternritter captains where with em.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You think that's bad? If you look at this arc, it's basically gone completely backwards. Normally in an arc like this, the villian sends out his massive horde, and our heroes have to fight through it to get to the super strong captains.

In this fight, he sent out all his super strong captains first, and after ALL OF THEM SANS ONE are dead, THEN he sends in his horde of mooks. Which procede to destroy Soul Sociaty in literally seconds. Considering how strong the Soldats are, imagine how things would go if the Sternritter captains where with em.
    Unfortunately, though, that's actually totally reasonable based on how fights in Bleach actually work.

Captains and lieutenants are so ridiculously far above normal people that having normal people involved in fights at all is just plain stupid - wiping them out can literally involve accidental side-effects of the main fight. When the Sternritter showed up, Yamamoto should have just ordered everyone to withdraw and wait for the captains to handle things. Bach is the one who made the right call there.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #1443

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Unfortunately, though, that's actually totally reasonable based on how fights in Bleach actually work.

Captains and lieutenants are so ridiculously far above normal people that having normal people involved in fights at all is just plain stupid - wiping them out can literally involve accidental side-effects of the main fight. When the Sternritter showed up, Yamamoto should have just ordered everyone to withdraw and wait for the captains to handle things. Bach is the one who made the right call there.
    From a purely strategic standpoint, Bach lost this fight untill he summoned up his mook army. EVERY captain he has except Beanpole are dead. This leaves only him, and you know what they say about snakes and cutting of their head. The body dies. The Sternritter's are a many headed snake, and right now it's only got two heads left.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Skypea got me so thrilled!
    I think the only problem with OP is that Alabast is so freaking good and so freaking early.
    That really is a good point. Alabast is probably one of my most favorite Manga arcs ever penned.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

From a purely strategic standpoint, Bach lost this fight untill he summoned up his mook army. EVERY captain he has except Beanpole are dead. This leaves only him, and you know what they say about snakes and cutting of their head. The body dies. The Sternritter's are a many headed snake, and right now it's only got two heads left.
    While the plotting in this arc is absolute crap, so I have really very little idea what's going on from moment to moment, I don't think that's right. There are five Sternritter we have seen deployed who haven't died yet:
    * Commissioner Gordon, who is fighting Drunky Captain
    * The pirate girl who stole Werewolf Captain's bankai
    * The armored guy and the hooded guy who stole Soi Fon and Whitey's bankais (I seriously do not know which was where)
    * Beanpole

As near as I can tell, only eight Sternritter have actually died, and we still don't know how many there are beyond "they use letters, so max 26" - and since there are two Ys, even that's a bit dubious. There could be ten or fifteen of them left.

And anyway, having a much of mooks present in that fight wouldn't have helped, and might even have slowed things down by causing fewer captains to bankai off the bat. Byakuya's shikai would have cleared a few city blocks of mooks, as would Soi Fon's lightning, or Whitey's ice everywhere, and so on and so forth.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

The fact that Bleach is bad does not mean I don't like it.
    Amen to that. I enjoy the manga, but I must acknowledge that yes, Kubo is a terrible writer with great ideas that go to his manga to die. And I still like it.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

ok what i think should have happened was that bach would have fallen back to division 4.
    unohana would have attacked him to protect the injured. then he could have taken HER bankai and used it against captain genocide, who cant use his bankai for fear of harming the downed shinigami.

thoughts?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think we should start thinking about what the next thread's name should be, 'cause we're almost at 50 pages here.
    I vote for Oh, Bach this!

9. - Top - End - #1449

I say we name it "X amount of chapters since Ishida's done anything of relevence in the Quincy arc" and change the number every chapter, untill he fixes it (at which point we change it to "Ishida Does something X amount of chapters into the Quincy arc")

No, I'm not bitter at all

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Orc in the Playground

“Ten trillion skeletons” *ducks*
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Banned

I say we name it "X amount of chapters since Ishida's done anything of relevence in the Quincy arc" and change the number every chapter, untill he fixes it (at which point we change it to "Ishida Does something X amount of chapters into the Quincy arc")

No, I'm not bitter at all
    Well, he's obviously saving Ishida for a twist...
    I'm cool with "Bach this"

12. - Top - End - #1452

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    “Ten trillion skeletons” *ducks*
    Man, either Genryusai is a liar or Kubo is a lazy artist. Wonder which it is...

THE HEART

I'm leaning towards the latter.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bleach VI: Bach to the Future

Bleach VI: New Kids on the Bach

Bleach VI: Back Party!

Bleach VI: A Bach? Why a Bach?

Or to follow a different theme...

Bleach VI: Everybody dies. Or is useless. The end.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    As near as I can tell, only eight Sternritter have actually died, and we still don't know how many there are beyond "they use letters, so max 26" - and since there are two Ys, even that's a bit dubious. There could be ten or fifteen of them left.
    Since Quincy use a German linguistic motif, I could see him going for Umlauted letters.

Also:

Bleach VI: When will Ishida be Bach?

Bleach VI: I'll be Bach

Bleach VI: There And Bach Again
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-10-14 at 05:24 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #1455

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Since Quincy use a German linguistic motif, I could see him going for Umlauted letters.
    That reeks of bullcrap equal to the 0th Espada thing.

Therefor Kubo will do it.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'm gonna throw in

Bleach VI: Ishida is drinking coffee.

Now to see if anyone gets the reference.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

That reeks of bullcrap equal to the 0th Espada thing.

Therefor Kubo will do it.
    What made you think there was only 26 letters? I'm Ö, The Metal.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bleach VI: Spoiler - Nothing happens.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Bleach VI: Spoiler - Nothing happens.
    This! So much this!

20. - Top - End - #1460

+1 to every title with Bach replacing back, cause I just can't get enough.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I support this opinion

On complaining and still reading: I liked Bleach (even when it started falling down the moutain), and I started to complain recently, but my curiosity demands I finish reading the series because my brain is very interested in how the series will end and how low Kubo will go. Yes my brain is a douchebag but it has a hold over me and I can't seem to change it's mind. So I'll continue reading and complaining whenver I feel like it and I will rest easy when the series have concluded.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post

Bleach VI: Quincies are Bach - With a Vengeance!

Bleach VI: Bach from the dead.

Bleach VI: Bach to the Drawing Board.

Bleach VI: Bach-ing the Wrong Horse.

Bleacvh VI: Right Bach at Ya!

And the silliest yet:

Bleach VI: We got Aizen the Bach of our heads.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-10-15 at 07:17 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs
    I vote winner This one is just too good to decline
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    And the silliest yet:

Bleach VI: We got Aizen the Bach of our heads.
    Scratch all my previous titles. It must be this.

Clear winner forever.

As much as I loved the Rescue arc and at least half of the Hueco Mundo arc, I will admit my number one reason for still reading Bleach nowadays is it comes out at the same time as Naruto and One Piece.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    On complaining and still reading: I liked Bleach (even when it started falling down the moutain), and I started to complain recently, but my curiosity demands I finish reading the series because my brain is very interested in how the series will end and how low Kubo will go. Yes my brain is a douchebag but it has a hold over me and I can't seem to change it's mind. So I'll continue reading and complaining whenver I feel like it and I will rest easy when the series have concluded.
    Yeah, I really don't get people saying not to "read if you don't like it" or variations thereof. I can understand fans not wanting the thread about their favorite show filled with negativity, but it is almost never phrased that way.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Yeah, I really don't get people saying not to "read if you don't like it" or variations thereof. I can understand fans not wanting the thread about their favorite show filled with negativity, but it is almost never phrased that way.
    I'm like this, but if you want to have a thread without so much negativity, just go to another site that has a Bleach thread, or is dedicated to Bleach, that doesn't have it so much there, and heck, maybe some positive things there too about Bleach.
    People here are just that way, and that's cool too, so no need to go try and change everyone.

On another note, I've recently gotten the Bleach soundtracks, and wow, I freaking love them!! Definitely stuff I will listen to on a regular basis, especially Number One and all of it's variants!!!!
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2012-10-15 at 08:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Not that the negativity bothers me, just playing Devils Advocate here, but what don't you understand? It seems pretty simple to me: If you don't enjoy something, and haven't enjoyed said something for quite a while(as many people on this thread have stated), then why in the freaking heck do you bother to continue to do/read/whatever it? What's the point? Is it because your a masochist? Do you enjoy inflicting minor torture on yourself? Or are you the type of person referred to as "rubber-neckers". You know, the people who go by automobile accidents, or train wrecks, and just CAN'T look away, you have to see all the horror and carnage, despite knowing it's going to make you feel ill and depressed?

Honestly, I don't do things that I don't enjoy. I don't even continue to do things that started out giving me enjoyment and then soured on me. Like Disgaea 2(for a recent example) on the PSP. I started out loving it, and I enjoyed playing it, but unlocking some of the final content was so horrifically grindy and mind-numbingly boring, that even I couldn't stomach it any longer, so I put the game up. Now, I might go back to it when I get back in the mood for that kind of game, but if it starts to feel more like work then fun again, then I'll just stop again. The same could be said of watching tv, or in this case, reading a Manga. If I enjoy it, I'll continue to read it. But once I get to the point where I feel it can't be redeemed, and has gone past the point of enjoyment, I'll never take a look at it again, and I feel that is pretty reasonable, and easy to understand. But continuing to do something past the point of enjoyment, and then doing nothing but complaining about it? That I don't understand at all.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Not that the negativity bothers me, just playing Devils Advocate here, but what don't you understand? It seems pretty simple to me: If you don't enjoy something, and haven't enjoyed said something for quite a while(as many people on this thread have stated), then why in the freaking heck do you bother to continue to do/read/whatever it? What's the point?
    People have explained this time and time again. Some actually enjoy it even though it is bad, some simply don't want to stop after reading so long, some just read it for train wreck value, some just derive pleasure from complaining about it.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ettin in the Playground

People have explained this time and time again. Some actually enjoy it even though it is bad, some simply don't want to stop after reading so long, some just read it for train wreck value, some just derive pleasure from complaining about it.
    I can understand the first two, and I'm neutral towards the third, but the fourth I don't get at all? How do you derive pleasure by doing something that you don't enjoy and then complaining about it? Seems counter-intuitive to me.