New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Yeah, Shunsui is the good-for-nothing alcoholic loser uncle who pretends to be a big playa but drowns his sorrows in beer sake because his wife makes him sleep outside because he drinks too much...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

So, question time. If I did run a Hero game set in Bleach, how many would be interested?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'd consider it, though I know nothing about the Hero System, or if the character concept I have in mind would work with it or not.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I'm one of those losers who doesn't read the manga but rather enjoys the anime when convenient. What I'd like to know from you manga readers is this: Which Ichigo has come back? Is it the determined one who doesn't care about the odds? Or is it the godly powerful one who is paralyzed by fear and doubt? The first one is the guy that made this story interesting, and for years now I've only really seen him in the filler arcs the anime adds.

If he's back to his original "I want to win!" self, then this whole death-and-return-of-super-Ichigo thing might just be worth it.
    He starts somewhere in between, tilts to the second one, swings back to the first, then swings out to the major extreme of the second one*, then settles back on the major extreme of the first.

*This is actually pretty well justified. But I don't want to spoilerz.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So, question time. If I did run a Hero game set in Bleach, how many would be interested?
    I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I'd consider it, though I know nothing about the Hero System, or if the character concept I have in mind would work with it or not.
    Almost any concept would work, although some powers are harder to build than others, especially if your points are limited.

The way HERO works is you define powers yourself by buying the game mechanics. For example, instead of giving your character a "fireball" spell you would buy a "blast" which is what HERO calls a ranged damage attack (or a ranged killing attack if you want it to be more lethal), give it an area of effect, and simply define it as "fire". "Fire" is the "special effect". After determining the game effects of a power you assign it a special effect (or more than one) such as "fire", "ice", "magic", "psychic", "mutant", "divine", etc. The special effect determines how powers interact (such as a "dispel magic" effect which obviously wouldn't work on non-magic abilities) and can, at the GM's discretion, have minor game effects, such as a "fire" spell setting things on fire.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Nel wasn't put in a "no way she could survive that" situation in her last appearance AFAIK, and Grimmjow is too much fangirlbait to stay down.

I like her braid...
    Ulquiorra is perhaps even moreso and has at times been more popular even than Grimmjow (though Grimmjow has beaten him in that regard more often). If dead arrancar come back, but not Ulquiorra, I'll be sad.

Of course, it would even be worse to me if he came back and there wouldn't even be a hint of character development like what happened right before his death.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #127
    Spamalot in the Playground

Is there a point to Ulquiorra without Aizen? The other espada at least had their own aspirations, whether they were motivated by greed, ambition, loneliness etc.; Ulquiorra meanwhile was the only one totally devoted to Aizen's vision, who had no ulterior motives of his own.

Of course, Aizen still being alive means that Ulquiorra could be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Is there a point to Ulquiorra without Aizen? The other espada at least had their own aspirations, whether they were motivated by greed, ambition, loneliness etc.; Ulquiorra meanwhile was the only one totally devoted to Aizen's vision, who had no ulterior motives of his own.

Of course, Aizen still being alive means that Ulquiorra could be too.
    Bind him to Orihime (her power can justify anything anyway). Some part of the fanbase will be delighted.
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    Bind him to Orihime (her power can justify anything anyway). Some part of the fanbase will be delighted.
    Not... going... to comment.... I'm sure there's a doujin out there that's done this already
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Not... going... to comment.... I'm sure there's a doujin out there that's done this already
    Give in to your feelings! Let the judgments pour forth!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Ulquiorra is perhaps even moreso and has at times been more popular even than Grimmjow (though Grimmjow has beaten him in that regard more often). If dead arrancar come back, but not Ulquiorra, I'll be sad.

Of course, it would even be worse to me if he came back and there wouldn't even be a hint of character development like what happened right before his death.
    Didn't... didn't Ulquiorra disintegrate?
    That's usually permanently fatal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    That's why I said "if other dead arrancar return". Besides, considering how in the past it was explained how in Bleach Hollows are purified if killed by a shinigami and are sent to Soul Society, there's the possibility of him now being there. It hasn't been brought up how arrancar differ from Hollows in that regard though.

Besides, considering how Kubo prettymuch stated that he was bringing back Grimmjow largely because of the fans liking him, I don't see why Ulquiorra could not return, especially seeing how Ulquiorra's specialty was regeneration.

Then again, I've learned that with Kubo, you should always expect to be disappointed.

Eh, mostly I just don't want Grimmjow to return. The worst part? I actually could've liked Grimmjow if that type of character didn't pop up in every single Shonen manga/anime.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Never found the body.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

All I really wanted from Kubo was for Shunsui and Stark to go grab some sake, but no.

15. - Top - End - #135

He's way behind Tsukiko; it's not out of the question.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Besides, considering how Kubo prettymuch stated that he was bringing back Grimmjow largely because of the fans liking him, I don't see why Ulquiorra could not return, especially seeing how Ulquiorra's specialty was regeneration.
    Q: Will there be characters that appear in the role of a friend?

Kubo: Ulquiorra has already turned into ash. Grimmjow might become a friend. Also, what about Harribel, who is still alive? But, I wonder how I’d bring them out of Hueco Mundo. I think Harribel would not leave Hueco Mundo.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Grimmjow is likely to be the next Renji >.>
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

I will facepalm so hard that my hand falls off if that happens. But I can still see it happening.
    Last edited by Fiery Diamond; 2012-02-05 at 01:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

What? Do you mean that he'll be constantly telling us he's just as strong as everyone else and then proceeding to get his backside kicked?

Oh, you mean the rival/friend of the main protagonist... so clearly he'll be going shopping with Orihime, having sleepovers and doing her hair.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.

20. - Top - End - #140

What? Do you mean that he'll be constantly telling us he's just as strong as everyone else and then proceeding to get his backside kicked?

Oh, you mean the rival/friend of the main protagonist... so clearly he'll be going shopping with Orihime, having sleepovers and doing her hair.
    Followed by showing up at school
    Also, expect ho-yay.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Followed by showing up at school
    Also, expect ho-yay.
    "Stupid Ichigo! It's not like I like you or anything. Geez!"

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

The worst part is is that I can actually see most of that happening at some point.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Now that... would be disturbing...

I'm really hoping he starts with a bang... maybe finally introducing us to those Vasto Lordes (who are supposed to be stronger then any espada)? Could mix in some Aizen freeïng and hell freezing over too :)

Oh, and yeah, more Isshin and Ryuuken, I want to know what happened between them. There seems to be some frenemy action going on between those two...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

24. - Top - End - #144

Anyone read the new chapter? Can the words "FINAL ARC" be taken seriously?
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Knight View Post
    Anyone read the new chapter? Can the words "FINAL ARC" be taken seriously?
    A: Possibly, although this chapter at least doesn't give any real idea what the arc would be *about*

B: Even if it is the final arc, it'll probably take another hundred chapters to get through. Remember how long Deicide was?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Nope. Because Bleach has the smell of being the DBZ of it's time.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Also, if those are the standard grade of Hollow that Ichigo (and, I suppose, the significant density of spiritually-powerful people in Karakura) is attracting.. what the hell is Soul Society doing sending two raw newb Shinigami to try and cover it?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    At least we're finally going to see an Arc with Quincy as a big thing.....

Except they are enemies.
    Last edited by Turalisj; 2012-02-08 at 03:31 AM.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    I'm really hoping he starts with a bang... maybe finally introducing us to those Vasto Lordes (who are supposed to be stronger then any espada)? Could mix in some Aizen freeïng and hell freezing over too :)
    Well, Harribel was already a Vasto Lordes before she became an Arrancar. Which means we can estimate that Barragan and Starrk likely were too.
    But yeah, seeing what the Vasto Lordes would be good.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

So... they assign only two shinigamis to the focal point of spiritual activity? Are they stupider than we thought?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!