New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

I would like...
    Carbonated water... and water crackers. I remember those.

Man, water crackers are pretty boss.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    The grey-skinned woman notices Fear (what does she look like?); she looks at her with interest. Everyone is interesting!
    Fear is a female Tiefling, with long straight horns, pale (even when she's not suffering from whatever she is) red skin, a mid-length tail, dark hair, and yellow eyes.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Xalicus hesitated slightly before his researcher side kicked in again. "...Yes. I was curious about the kind of magic you have where you come from, and the differences between it and the magic I know. In particular, I'd like to know about the workings of name-weapons."
    ((Repost))
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would like...
    Carbonated water... and water crackers. I remember those.

Man, water crackers are pretty boss.
    "Iiiiiii can do that!
    Gimme a few."

Naku says, dropping down behind the bar, and reappearing a few moments later, handing over a bottle (WHOA!) of carbonated water, and a few packets of the crackers.
    "Lemme know if you want any more."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

((*scurries off to find what I said about name-weapons last thread*))

Torment frowns a bit, thinking it over.

"That's a fairly broad question... Can you go into a bit more detail about what you want to know? Also, if you want information about the difference between the forms of magic, you'll have to tell me something about what yours is like."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-30 at 09:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Bar]

Fear, who despite the fact that she now looks not only half-starved, but very cold (shaking, in fact, and barely preventing her teeth from chattering most of the time, which she occasionally fails to do for a few seconds), and much paler than normal, is still working, will provide the Ithilid with his order, with a surprising lack of anything at all being spilled when she does.

Unoccupied patrons include, but are not limited to, a pretty woman with short, spiky, brown hair, and a green right - the other is replaced by a clockface - eye, wearing a rather nice red dress. Said woman also has several very intricate tattoos, images of which may or may not be forthcoming, depending on whether I can transfer them from a sheet of engineering graph paper to something my scanner will hold.
    The Mind Flayer thanks Fear before dropping a brain in the plate of fava beans. He begins to eat his meal when he notices the tattooed girl. Picking up his plate, he walks over to her and says hello (picking a piece of grey matter out of his tangled tentacles beforehand).

"Hello! I don't think I've seen you around here, before. I'm Ftha-Yekub. And you are...?"

((EDIT: Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you, Mee Want me to reedit to include you?))
    Last edited by RandomPoster; 2012-01-30 at 09:33 PM.
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Iiiiiii can do that!
    Gimme a few."

Naku says, dropping down behind the bar, and reappearing a few moments later, handing over a bottle (WHOA!) of carbonated water, and a few packets of the crackers.
    "Lemme know if you want any more."
    She smiles.
    Thank you!
    Sip.
    Nom.
    Sip sip nom.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post

((EDIT: Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you, Mee Want me to reedit to include you?))
    ((Nah, you're perfectly fine.
    That post was my goof for not seeing C'nor's.
    No worries ))

She smiles.
    Thank you!
    Sip.
    Nom.
    Sip sip nom.
    Wait.
    Grab glass.
    Clean.
    Wait clean clean.
    "Yup. You're welcome.
    . . .
    Anything else I can get you?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

No thank you.

... So, this is what an... "inn" is like?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340

No thank you.

... So, this is what an... "inn" is like?
    "Usually. Food, drink, and company.
    It's kinda quiet right now, so a bit less of the latter, but still!"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    The Mind Flayer thanks Fear before dropping a brain in the plate of fava beans. He begins to eat his meal when he notices the tattooed girl. Picking up his plate, he walks over to her and says hello (picking a piece of grey matter out of his tangled tentacles beforehand).

"Hello! I don't think I've seen you around here, before. I'm Ftha-Yekub. And you are...?"
    The tattooed girl - some of whose tattoos are, apparently, still being applied as they speak, red and green color bands filling in the black outlining in such a way as to give the illusion of depth, seemingly spontaneously - smiles at him.

"Hornet 61, Pilot and Captain of the Eldritch, recently renamed the Scrapheap. Also known as Maerndra Ker. And it makes sense that you haven't seen me before. I crashed here yesterday after being out of the Nexus for around a hundred years."

Interestingly enough, she doesn't look anywhere near a hundred. More like mid-twenties.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Usually. Food, drink, and company.
    It's kinda quiet right now, so a bit less of the latter, but still!"
    That sounds nice.
    I remember what company was like before I came here and it was sometimes nice but sometimes it wasn't.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

That sounds nice.
    I remember what company was like before I came here and it was sometimes nice but sometimes it wasn't.
    Naku nods.
    "Yup. Company . . . varies. Quite a lot."
    Then with that, she has to deadtime; as her player has to catch the bus home.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

Torment frowns a bit, thinking it over.

"That's a fairly broad question... Can you go into a bit more detail about what you want to know? Also, if you want information about the difference between the forms of magic, you'll have to tell me something about what yours is like."
    Xalicus thought about the nature of his magic, then took a deep breath. This could take a while to explain. "Well, the magic I know is magic of the mind. For a magic user, their main talents are related in some way to their personality, although broadly; a fire mage could either be aggressive or cheery as long as they were spirited enough. Their first magic to manifest is related to those talents, and while anyone can learn as much magic as they can handle, it's easiest to learn kinds of magic similar to those you already know or compatible with your personality. For instance, a plant mage could learn to cast healing spells more easily than a wind mage, and a calm person could learn water magic more easily than a hot-tempered one. Do you get this?"

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Xalicus thought about the nature of his magic, then took a deep breath. This could take a while to explain. "Well, the magic I know is magic of the mind. For a magic user, their main talents are related in some way to their personality, although broadly; a fire mage could either be aggressive or cheery as long as they were spirited enough. Their first magic to manifest is related to those talents, and while anyone can learn as much magic as they can handle, it's easiest to learn kinds of magic similar to those you already know or compatible with your personality. For instance, a plant mage could learn to cast healing spells more easily than a wind mage, and a calm person could learn water magic more easily than a hot-tempered one. Do you get this?"

"Hm... Interesting. It makes sense for the most part, yes... Can everyone do magic in your world, then? In mine, it's legally restricted to members of certain bloodlines- and physically, in most cases; when a new bloodline capable of magic appears it's fought over viciously - which are members of Sorcerous Houses, which are quite politically powerful, demons, and a few other groups, like the Tengu. As for whether a mage's affinity for certain varieties of magic has anything to do with their personality, I'm not sure - a homeless half-demon didn't get much chance to meet Sorcerers."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hm... Interesting. It makes sense for the most part, yes... Can everyone do magic in your world, then? In mine, it's legally restricted to members of certain bloodlines- and physically, in most cases; when a new bloodline capable of magic appears it's fought over viciously - which are members of Sorcerous Houses, which are quite politically powerful, demons, and a few other groups, like the Tengu. As for whether a mage's affinity for certain varieties of magic has anything to do with their personality, I'm not sure - a homeless half-demon didn't get much chance to meet Sorcerers."
    "There's no legal restrictions on learning to use magic where I come from, and magicians of all strengths come from a variety of sources. While there are aristocrats who are bred for better magical abilities, magic isn't an entirely predictable thing, and you never really know how much innate talent you'll have. After that, training can improve it, but it's not a class division there - more of a division based on ability and willingness to learn more."

Xalicus paused to take a few breaths before continuing, contemplating the addition of techniques for monologuing without wearing out your voice to the standard arcane curriculum. "And the personality-based powers... Well, I believe you know magic, so do you find it easier to cast spells that fit you?"

"I'm back!" Kyinde, having finished her dragon-petting, took her seat with them once again. "I was just helping with an argument and getting a job."

"...Of course, the connections can sometimes be rather unexpected."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

A pale half-elf woman walks in. she has blonde hair and is very beautiful. She is dressed in a small, ratted, brown dress and a large billowing black cloak. she looks like she is starving. She sits at a table and takes out a little bag with some very few copper pieces and a silver piece. She is evidently poor and hungry. She looks very sad and nervous. Her blue eyes make sure not to look any males in the eye. She awaits service to provide however meager nourishment her three copper and a silver can buy. She speaks out in a weak, but pretty voice, H-hello?

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    A pale half-elf woman walks in. she has blonde hair and is very beautiful. She is dressed in a small, ratted, brown dress and a large billowing black cloak. she looks like she is starving. She sits at a table and takes out a little bag with some very few copper pieces and a silver piece. She is evidently poor and hungry. She looks very sad and nervous. Her blue eyes make sure not to look any males in the eye. She awaits service to provide however meager nourishment her three copper and a silver can buy. She speaks out in a weak, but pretty voice, H-hello?
    "Hallo!
    Can I get you anything?"

Naku asks, smiling at the newcomer.

Her description is floating around a bit ago.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

I-um. Yes. P-please. I-I- Her eyes tear up noticeably and she stares at the table she's sitting at. I don't H- h- have much....I-I I'm sorry.

20. - Top - End - #350

I-um. Yes. P-please. I-I- Her eyes tear up noticeably and she stares at the table she's sitting at. I don't H- h- have much....I-I I'm sorry.
    "That's fine, you can find a way to pay it back later.
    No worries.

What can I get you?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

I-I....I don't know what to say...Thanks?
    She then realizes she was asked a question, Oh. Sorry. would bread be fine? Maybe some water?

22. - Top - End - #352

I-I....I don't know what to say...Thanks?
    She then realizes she was asked a question, Oh. Sorry. would bread be fine? Maybe some water?
    "Naaaaaah, you look too hungry or that.
    Are you a vegetarian?"

On this question hinges everything!
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I take what....I can.

24. - Top - End - #354

No, I take what....I can.
    "Bacon cheeseburger then!"
    To Naku, those are still a fairly new invention.
    But they're gooooooooooooood.
    And as such, she gets a few for the newcomer.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

She stares at it, disbelieve In her face and voice. At least her soon to be tears are gone. is-Is that.....food? she obviously has never seen so much food.

26. - Top - End - #356

She stares at it, disbelieve In her face and voice. At least her soon to be tears are gone. is-Is that.....food? she obviously has never seen so much food.
    "Mmmmhm!
    Eat up. Just don't eat too fast, or you'll make yourself sick."

Though of the four she brought out, Naku helps herself to one.
    She's hungry too, you know.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

The young woman eats less than half before she's full.That was more food than....Ive ever eaten......How much was it?! A look of content fills shows on her face before the price is mentioned. Fear shows on her face instead at the mention of the cost of her momentary happiness.

28. - Top - End - #358

The young woman eats less than half before she's full.That was more food than....Ive ever eaten......How much was it?! A look of content fills shows on her face before the price is mentioned. Fear shows on her face instead at the mention of the cost of her momentary happiness.
    "I already said not to worry about it, remember?
    Sooo, don't worry about it."

Naku says, pausing between bites.
    Though, that being said, she goes back to omnoming her burger.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman is confused, I dont need to pay you? do you mean barter? The woman would be pretty if she wasn't so thin.

30. - Top - End - #360

The woman is confused, I dont need to pay you? do you mean barter? The woman would be pretty if she wasn't so thin.
    "We'll talk about it later, m'kay?
    For right now, just eat, drink what you will, and enjoy not being hungry.
    All right?"

Of course, then she has to deadtime, as her player's about to pass out.
    G'night.
    Show