New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

Since Fade still didn't get any answer from the gnome/halfling he goes away.
    He goes over to the sorceress and the other person

"Can I bring you anything?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Since Fade still didn't get any answer from the gnome/halfling he goes away.
    He goes over to the sorceress and the other person

"Can I bring you anything?"
    Grantaire had been preoccupied annoying others.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Pixie in the Playground

*A man walks into a bar... this bar in fact. The man in question's name is Jamil. (Pronounced HAH-mil for all you folk who were wondering). He has a middle-eastern skin tone and is a bit on the scrawny side, but he's got some lean muscle. He has stubble lining his chin and cropped black hair, not in any particular hairstyle. If one looked closely they could see a small bulge marking the sickles he carries around in case of a fight, or maybe the sling at his other side. If one looked even closer they would see a faint shimmer following him- those that can see spirits would know this to be a ghost, dressed in a sharp suit and a fedora. Jamil walks up to the bar and sits down, and calls over the bartender*
    If you know what my name is from, you have good taste in literature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Violence: If it doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    "STOP PEEING ON THE SACRED ALTAR OF DOOM!" (Me)

4. - Top - End - #514
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kitcatk8 View Post
    As she stood and made her declaration, what could Saer do but watch as she put on a show for him? Did she realize that she was putting on what amounted to an audition? Would she have still done it if she'd known? The demon wasn't entirely sure one way or another. The wings burst forth, those he'd already known were there, and his face remained surprisingly stony. Watchful. Not bored. But calculating.

Her gloves ripped off and he noted the burns, the wicked claws. As it would take an insane amount of power to scar the First demon of the Hells, before the Hells
    were even called the Hells, he could only guess at what might burn one who had Dragon's blood in her veins.

The burst of heat felt wonderful to his skin, and before it stopped, it radiated to him as the moth goes to the flame. It knew him. He passively absorbed what he could, drank of her heat, before it dissipated.

Her last words were drowning in her Pride. Oh, yes. She was already his. Just not in any official capacity.

Saer slowly stood, leaving his cloak on the stool. He approached her with serious eyes and lifted a hand halfway up, hand flexed, palm out, a universal motion for silence.

He stepped around her with those heavy leather black boots. At her shoulder, he stopped a moment and raised his hand to delicately glide the back of his hand over the edge of a wing. His hands were too warm for most. He knew she'd enjoy the heat. He didn't need to speak loud to be heard so close to her. "I've thought you were impressive the moment you walked in. Your show deserves more of an audience than I. But I did enjoy it."

He stepped up behind her then, and if she allowed, ran both hands delicately up the outer edges of her wings. If she did, his touch was non-threatening and soothing. "You seem so...eager... For me to be 'after you'. Do you know what it is you ask?"
    Nixa doesn't like anyone touching her wings and they flap once, twice, then fold back against her, concealed yet again by her hair. With a little splash of embarrassment showing on her face, she picks up her gloves and pulls them back over her claws and hideous burns. It's clear that she rarely ever takes them off.

No, I haven't a clue. All I'm saying is that if you're after someone, go for the best. She coughs a few times, a couple puffs of black smoke emerge, and a small drop of vivid blood runs from the corner of her mouth. She wipes it away quickly, trying to do so before anyone can see that the dragon blood doesn't mix well with humanoid blood.

Although you're a demon, so it can't be anything good. Not that that really bothers Nixa. 'Evil', 'good', who ought to care about the difference? Her master told her never to get involved in the alignment differences, and she wondered what he had to say about demons. It had never been something she'd needed to ask about.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Nixa doesn't like anyone touching her wings and they flap once, twice, then fold back against her, concealed yet again by her hair. With a little splash of embarrassment showing on her face, she picks up her gloves and pulls them back over her claws and hideous burns. It's clear that she rarely ever takes them off.

No, I haven't a clue. All I'm saying is that if you're after someone, go for the best. She coughs a few times, a couple puffs of black smoke emerge, and a small drop of vivid blood runs from the corner of her mouth. She wipes it away quickly, trying to do so before anyone can see that the dragon blood doesn't mix well with humanoid blood.

Although you're a demon, so it can't be anything good. Not that that really bothers Nixa. 'Evil', 'good', who ought to care about the difference? Her master told her never to get involved in the alignment differences, and she wondered what he had to say about demons. It had never been something she'd needed to ask about.
    He graciously allowed her to pull her wings back against herself, his own hands gliding back down to his sides. But as she tugged those gloves back on with such violent motions, he felt a pang of...something. Not quite sadness. But the Pride in her dwindled. She'd been so proud barely moments ago. Then there was something close to shame.

The sweet tang of blood found his nose and slid against the back of his throat just as he saw her wipe something from the corner of her lips. He heard her words, and though he wasn't a mind reader, it almost seemed he might as well be with how he responded: "You don't seem the type to care whether I am 'good' or not." He remained behind her, his voice lowered respectfully for the sudden change in her, the glimpse of vulnerability she'd allowed him to see. His heat was still very close to her, but he held that distance since the moment she pulled away. He was ever patient, this demon.
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

6. - Top - End - #516
    Pixie in the Playground

((on second read, if you didn't mean her to speak that bit on the last paragraph, let me know and I'll re-write))

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

7. - Top - End - #517
    Pixie in the Playground

((No, those were her thoughts. She didn't speak them. Everything Nixa says in in purple. Everything she thinks or does is in black.))

8. - Top - End - #518
    Pixie in the Playground

((Ninja rewrite!))

He graciously allowed her to pull her wings back against herself, his own hands gliding back down to his sides. But as she tugged those gloves back on with such violent motions, he felt a pang of...something. Not quite sadness. But the Pride in her dwindled. She'd been so proud barely moments ago. Then there was something close to shame.

The sweet tang of blood found his nose and slid against the back of his throat just as he saw her wipe something from the corner of her lips. "I couldn't agree with you more, Princess." He remained behind her, his voice lowered respectfully for the sudden change in her, the glimpse of vulnerability she'd allowed him to see. His heat was still very close to her, but he held that distance since the moment she pulled away. He was ever patient, this demon. Saer leaned forward the smallest bit, so he could lower his voice further. "If you would join me in a more private room, I'll gladly enlighten you on any and all intentions I have in regards to you."

KCDC

9. - Top - End - #519
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Trium and Spec's Room]

To be fair, a shower isn't exactly unreasonable, considering that they just curtained. Especially since even if they hadn't, cleaning up before going into a perilous cavern, which one would assume is rather unlikely to have anywhere to bathe in, for an unknown time isn't a bad idea anyway.

In any case, Trium will be happy to help Spec clean up and/or curtain.
    [Trium and Spec's Room]

Indeed! I concur with each of those points! Why descend into a dank, dangerous, monster-filled cavern if you are already smelly? That's half the fun of an ADVENTURE! Getting dirty!

Spec and Trium will probably kill two birds with one stone in the shower. Spec has been have a perfect day thanks to Trium!

Anyway, once that's all summed up, Spec will attempt to help dress Trium.

"Trium? Do you think you could teach me how to dance one of these days? I've never tried it, but people made it sound like fun."

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave
    "Hun, you know I trust you. It's an undeniable fact of what we've been through together...it's just that you're possibly drunk right now and that affects anyone's precision and I know that you'd go bonkers if you messed up even the tiniest bit...I just don't want you to do that to yourself. We'll do it later at home...okay?"
    [Dave]

Clarissa looks heartbroken! Dave doesn't like her anymore! He doesn't trust her to do a good job on his eyes! He thinks she'll damage them and then hurt herself for torching her chance to gain a complete connection with and spiritually link with Dave!

"But..."

Clarissa. Don't be sad. You're taking this way too hard. It is the hard cider, the demon rum, which is amplifying the effect of all of Dave's words. Of course he'll let you tinker with his eyes!

... You're not listening to me at all, Clarissa, are you?

Nope! It looks like you're fractions of a second away from bawling.

"But I don't make stupid mistakes like that, Dave. I promise it won't hurt. It will only sting."

Woah, Clarissa! No need to whip out the (metaphorically) earth-shaking, deep demon voice in public! Everyone's totally going to figure out that you aren't one of them! Your cover will be blown and...

You're not worried about any of that, are you?

"Tell you what. I'll make a deal with you two. You guys kiss one another of your own assent and I'll postpone any surgical operations I might've been scheming to secretly subject you to indefinitely, okay!"

That's a good deal! Clarissa was considering grafting a tail onto Dave and horns onto Becky at an indiscriminate point in the future. Then again, Dave and Becky would be cute with horns and a tail, respectively.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

((Ninja rewrite!))

The sweet tang of blood found his nose and slid against the back of his throat just as he saw her wipe something from the corner of her lips. "I couldn't agree with you more, Princess." He remained behind her, his voice lowered respectfully for the sudden change in her, the glimpse of vulnerability she'd allowed him to see. His heat was still very close to her, but he held that distance since the moment she pulled away. He was ever patient, this demon. Saer leaned forward the smallest bit, so he could lower his voice further. "If you would join me in a more private room, I'll gladly enlighten you on any and all intentions I have in regards to you."
    Grantaire has a trained ear and hears this. Grantaire is curious. He'll wait and listen...Though the doors are thick...But the information could be valuable!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa sighs heavily. Guess she wouldn't be getting those reagents after all. Her master would just have to wait for the news of her experiments. She hoped he wouldn't be too impatient. Alright. But if I hear something I don't like, I'm leaving.

She wants to make that point very clear to the demon, so turns to face him, latching her glinting red eyes on his. You can not control me. Actually, under normal circumstances that wouldn't be entirely true as she'd be curious enough to let him. But now she was already somebody's puppet, servant, apprentice, whichever word you happen to like more.

As for him calling her 'princess', it grated on her nerves every time, yet it simultaneously stroked her ego. Whatever she felt for the word, it was better than the title her master gave her, 'Vivilandra', which meant 'Apprentice' in draconic.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Trium and Spec's Room]

Indeed! I concur with each of those points! Why descend into a dank, dangerous, monster-filled cavern if you are already smelly? That's half the fun of an ADVENTURE! Getting dirty!

Spec and Trium will probably kill two birds with one stone in the shower. Spec has been have a perfect day thanks to Trium!

Anyway, once that's all summed up, Spec will attempt to help dress Trium.

"Trium? Do you think you could teach me how to dance one of these days? I've never tried it, but people made it sound like fun."
    Spec will be able to help Trium dress, and the immortal will try to do the same for her. If she can tell that the assassin is having pretty much a perfect day, the heavily augmented woman seems quite pleased at that.

"Of course. Is there a specific type of dancing you'd like to learn? I don't think I can teach you all the ones I know, just because I doubt you can bend properly for some of them, but I'll teach you all the ones I can."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa sighs heavily. Guess she wouldn't be getting those reagents after all. Her master would just have to wait for the news of her experiments. She hoped he wouldn't be too impatient. Alright. But if I hear something I don't like, I'm leaving.

She wants to make that point very clear to the demon, so turns to face him, latching her glinting red eyes on his. You can not control me. Actually, under normal circumstances that wouldn't be entirely true as she'd be curious enough to let him. But now she was already somebody's puppet, servant, apprentice, whichever word you happen to like more.

As for him calling her 'princess', it grated on her nerves every time, yet it simultaneously stroked her ego. Whatever she felt for the word, it was better than the title her master gave her, 'Vivilandra', which meant 'Apprentice' in draconic.
    Saer nodded once to her first statement, more of an incline to his head, indicating complete understanding. He moved to guide her, as if to place his palm on her lower back, though he never actually touched.

When she twirled around, though, and made that sharp-as-knives declaration, he didn't respond, but instead held both his hands out to his sides, palms open, an I mean you no harm gesture. The smile and lifted brow he wore, however, didn't quite match the action. He waited for two breaths to see if she had anything more to say, then motioned smoothly towards the stairs which led to the upper rooms, and his suite which was paid for, for the next several evenings. "After you."

KCDC

14. - Top - End - #524
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Bleeeeeh. Tests.))

Well, as I (and Naku) see it, the Half-a-halfling is dangling in the air on a cockroach.
    Right?

"What are you doing?"
    Naku asks him, raising an eyebrow.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa studies him closely for a few moments before leading the way upstairs. She still didn't trust him, but she knew she was safe, and even if she wasn't she knew she could handle herself anyways. That wasn't the problem. The problem was more of a moral one, feeling guilty about leaving the path set out for her by her master, even for a short time. But why not, Draaxar would find all this interesting, wouldn't he?

She can taste more blood in her mouth, feel it running down her throat, and she reflects on the reason why she doesn't like breathing fire or shooting it into her veins very much. Still, she holds her head high and walks proudly, not giving away even a hint of weakness anymore.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa studies him closely for a few moments before leading the way upstairs. She still didn't trust him, but she knew she was safe, and even if she wasn't she knew she could handle herself anyways. That wasn't the problem. The problem was more of a moral one, feeling guilty about leaving the path set out for her by her master, even for a short time. But why not, Draaxar would find all this interesting, wouldn't he?

She can taste more blood in her mouth, feel it running down her throat, and she reflects on the reason why she doesn't like breathing fire or shooting it into her veins very much. Still, she holds her head high and walks proudly, not giving away even a hint of weakness anymore.
    (Saer's Room)

Saer picked up his cloak on the way up from the bar.

The demon turned the key to his room and pushed the door open, motioning Nixa in with an arm. He gave her all the time she needed to step in, not offended by her caution. Just the opposite, in fact. That she was cautious meant she was smart. But that she was willing to enter meant she was also competent. More and more, she was proving herself to be exactly what he was looking for.

Once she'd stepped past the doorway, he closed it gently behind them, setting the inner latch so they wouldn't be interrupted, and pocketing his key in his slacks.

His attention next turned to the fireplace. A short, barely-there gesture preceded a sharp WHOOSH, as a blaze shot to life on the logs within, providing ample light to the room.

It was a typical suite. Two large sitting chairs were in front of the fireplace with an ottoman, a desk and desk chair against the wall with a window and sliding glass door leading to a small balcony (virtually worthless at this time of year). The bed stood opposite all this, next to the bathroom entrance. The demon made a large gesture, indicating her to sit, or stand, wheresoever she pleased. "Make yourself comfortable." And while she did that, he took his cloak over to the closet to hang.

KCDC

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire sees the door close and pulls his cloak over, somehow he's invisible! Grantaire slips off the stool and silently wanders to Saer's door to listen. would he hear anything Kitcatk8?

18. - Top - End - #528
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Grantaire sees the door close and pulls his cloak over, somehow he's invisible! Grantaire slips off the stool and silently wanders to Saer's door to listen. would he hear anything Kitcatk8?
    Unfortunatly for Grantaire, Saer had chosen this room specifically for its thick doors and sturdy walls. He wouldn't be able to hear a word.

KCDC

19. - Top - End - #529

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    And if you ask me, I'll reiterate what the post above me is saying.
    The doors are sound-poof.
    Well, unless you're setting off bombs, or something.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Grantaire is too stupid to realize that and plops his ear against the door.....Nothing.....Hmm.......

21. - Top - End - #531
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

(Saer's Room)

Saer picked up his cloak on the way up from the bar.

The demon turned the key to his room and pushed the door open, motioning Nixa in with an arm. He gave her all the time she needed to step in, not offended by her caution. Just the opposite, in fact. That she was cautious meant she was smart. But that she was willing to enter meant she was also competent. More and more, she was proving herself to be exactly what he was looking for.

Once she'd stepped past the doorway, he closed it gently behind them, setting the inner latch so they wouldn't be interrupted, and pocketing his key in his slacks.

His attention next turned to the fireplace. A short, barely-there gesture preceded a sharp WHOOSH, as a blaze shot to life on the logs within, providing ample light to the room.

It was a typical suite. Two large sitting chairs were in front of the fireplace with an ottoman, a desk and desk chair against the wall with a window and sliding glass door leading to a small balcony (virtually worthless at this time of year). The bed stood opposite all this, next to the bathroom entrance. The demon made a large gesture, indicating her to sit, or stand, wheresoever she pleased. "Make yourself comfortable." And while she did that, he took his cloak over to the closet to hang.
    Make herself comfortable? Well Nixa does just that, sinking into one of the chairs in front of the fireplace. She brings her legs up and curls into a ball on the chair, not for protection but for comfort. She watches the fire dance and flicker. If he thought that was impressive, he'd have to think again as she'd seen her master burn whole villages with a single breath.

Assuming this isn't the part where you kill me, and really, she isn't expecting that as he's gone through too much trouble to get her up there anyways, then what did you wish to talk about? She asks it in a rather bored tone, trying to give the impression that she really doesn't care. All the while her ears strain to pick up every tiny sound, and her eyes flick to see every movement his shadow makes. She's completely alert.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Make herself comfortable? Well Nixa does just that, sinking into one of the chairs in front of the fireplace. She brings her legs up and curls into a ball on the chair, not for protection but for comfort. She watches the fire dance and flicker. If he thought that was impressive, he'd have to think again as she'd seen her master burn whole villages with a single breath.

Assuming this isn't the part where you kill me, and really, she isn't expecting that as he's gone through too much trouble to get her up there anyways, then what did you wish to talk about? She asks it in a rather bored tone, trying to give the impression that she really doesn't care. All the while her ears strain to pick up every tiny sound, and her eyes flick to see every movement his shadow makes. She's completely alert.
    (Saer's Room)

To be sure, he hadn't done anything, as yet, meant to impress. The demon didn't feel any need to prove himself to anyone, no matter how enticing they may be. Insecurity was the precursor to those kinds of displays. Saer, quite simply, knew his skills, powers, prowness, all spoke for themselves.

The demon stepped over to the bathroom sink, took one of the glasses sitting there, and poured himself a tall glass of water, and a second one as well. He could see her from the doorway, and when she mentioned him killing her, he huffed quietly. It might have been a laugh or a snort of derision. "Kill you, indeed." The comment was to himself as he stepped out of the bathroom, and over to the large chairs. He placed one glass within her arm's reach on the side table next to her chair, then sat himself in the one opposite and slightly angled towards hers. The fireplace crackled away between the two of them. The flames within showed a penchant for Saer, reaching towards him, though they didn't spread to the floor. He 'cheers'ed the glass of water at her, took a long drink, then spoke as he set the glass on a side table next to him. "Killing you would accomplish nothing at this point." He shot her a look. "And, quite frankly, it would be a damned waste."

Saer sank back into his chair and crossed one ankle over his knee, folding his hands comfortably in his lap. "You mentioned a master downstairs. I'm interested in hearing more about that, if you're willing to share."

((Sleepy times. See you in the morning!))

KCDC

23. - Top - End - #533
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]
    ((Night! Though I've always found that odd. It's not even midday for me.))

Nixa picks up her glass, but doesn't drink it. She fingers it, plays with it for a few minutes. She doesn't usually ever drink water. The reason is shown when she takes a small sip, and it practically evaporates the moment it passes her lips. Alcohol is even more dangerous for her. A shame really. Other humanoids seem to enjoy it.

Draaxar is his name. Back on my home planet, he's more of a myth than anything else. Herds of cattle vanish, blame it on Draaxar. Forest fire, blame it on Draaxar. Child goes missing, yep, it's Draaxar's fault. Ancient red dragon and all that, many people want to kill him, so he spends most of his time in a cave hidden high in the mountains, where the ice burns him if he sets foot outside. No-one would look for him up there, you see.

Nixa sets down the water, sighing again. Damn, she really was hungry. Draaxar trains children with dragon blood. Steals them and raises them and teaches them everything. He needs their help. He needs them to bring him food, reagents, potions, weapons and the shiny things he loves so much. It's in return for him teaching me just about everything.

Nixa doesn't mind being at Draaxar's beck and call. He'd release her from his service soon enough, giving her soul back at last. At which point her last quest would be to find him another child with dragon blood. For now though she's keeping track of everything the demon says, as she's planning on reporting back to her master after this meeting.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-04 at 03:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"Keeping cars running is a bit different than putting a hundred year old spaceship back together,"
    she points out, smiling, a bit wistfully. "As for what kind of ship Scrapheap was, a Kalmnesh IV scout ship, modified to jump dimensions."
    That's pretty cool, another ship with dimension-hopping capability! Most people Ftha-Yekub knows who have ships crashed here accidentally.

Ftha-Yekub merely shrugs. "If you say so. But I've been to dimensions where ships are as easily repaired as some of the most basic land vehicles (and sometimes at a cheaper price).

I never heard of the Kalmnesh before. Where are they from?"
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

25. - Top - End - #535

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Dave]

Clarissa looks heartbroken! Dave doesn't like her anymore! He doesn't trust her to do a good job on his eyes! He thinks she'll damage them and then hurt herself for torching her chance to gain a complete connection with and spiritually link with Dave!

"But..."

Clarissa. Don't be sad. You're taking this way too hard. It is the hard cider, the demon rum, which is amplifying the effect of all of Dave's words. Of course he'll let you tinker with his eyes!

... You're not listening to me at all, Clarissa, are you?

Nope! It looks like you're fractions of a second away from bawling.

"But I don't make stupid mistakes like that, Dave. I promise it won't hurt. It will only sting."

Woah, Clarissa! No need to whip out the (metaphorically) earth-shaking, deep demon voice in public! Everyone's totally going to figure out that you aren't one of them! Your cover will be blown and...

You're not worried about any of that, are you?

"Tell you what. I'll make a deal with you two. You guys kiss one another of your own assent and I'll postpone any surgical operations I might've been scheming to secretly subject you to indefinitely, okay!"

That's a good deal! Clarissa was considering grafting a tail onto Dave and horns onto Becky at an indiscriminate point in the future. Then again, Dave and Becky would be cute with horns and a tail, respectively.
    Dave
    Dave sighed. If he didn't kiss Becky then he'd have to get his eyes operated on by a drunk Clarissa but stay completely and utterly faithful to his wife.
    On the otherhand, if he did kiss Becky then his eyes would be safe, as would the rest of his body.
    "Okay."
    ---
    "ANSWER THE QUESTION." Songdancer said in a voice of authority at Marciano.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #536
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]
    ((Night! Though I've always found that odd. It's not even midday for me.))

Nixa picks up her glass, but doesn't drink it. She fingers it, plays with it for a few minutes. She doesn't usually ever drink water. The reason is shown when she takes a small sip, and it practically evaporates the moment it passes her lips. Alcohol is even more dangerous for her. A shame really. Other humanoids seem to enjoy it.

Draaxar is his name. Back on my home planet, he's more of a myth than anything else. Herds of cattle vanish, blame it on Draaxar. Forest fire, blame it on Draaxar. Child goes missing, yep, it's Draaxar's fault. Ancient red dragon and all that, many people want to kill him, so he spends most of his time in a cave hidden high in the mountains, where the ice burns him if he sets foot outside. No-one would look for him up there, you see.

Nixa sets down the water, sighing again. Damn, she really was hungry. Draaxar trains children with dragon blood. Steals them and raises them and teaches them everything. He needs their help. He needs them to bring him food, reagents, potions, weapons and the shiny things he loves so much. It's in return for him teaching me just about everything.

Nixa doesn't mind being at Draaxar's beck and call. He'd release her from his service soon enough, giving her soul back at last. At which point her last quest would be to find him another child with dragon blood. For now though she's keeping track of everything the demon says, as she's planning on reporting back to her master after this meeting.
    (Saer's Room)

((lol. Oh, no. That would explain why I was receiving posts from 9am to 3pm, and I was thinking, '...shouldn't she be busy...?' If I had to take a shot in the dark...UK?))

Saer took in her words with a calculating gaze. He leaned to one side in the chair while he listened, propping his elbow on the arm of it and resting his chin in his hand, index finger curled over his lip. Something curious glinted in his eyes the moment she said the words red dragon. Not foreboding nor intimidation as what any normal individual might feel. It was...excitement. Cunning.

Saer had not challenged a dragon in many long years. He was surprised, even to himself, to realize some piece of him missed it.

But for the most part, he listened to it all with a deceptively straight face. As she sighed and set down the water, he lifted his head a very small way off his hand enough to speak, not addressing anything she's told him thus far, (which, considering what he knew of her, might annoy her, though he wasn't too concerned about that at the moment. They had plenty of time, in his view). "If the water does not suit you, shall I call for something to eat?"
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-04 at 10:54 AM.

KCDC

27. - Top - End - #537
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]
    ((Failed shot in the dark, sorry. Try the 'Middle East' region. I live in a giant, drab desert where it's waaaay too hot during the day and absolutely frigid at night.))

(Saer's Room)

((lol. Oh, no. That would explain why I was receiving posts from 9am to 3pm, and I was thinking, '...shouldn't she be busy...?' If I had to take a shot in the dark...UK?))

Saer took in her words with a calculating gaze. He leaned to one side in the chair while he listened, propping his elbow on the arm of it and resting his chin in his hand, index finger curled over his lip. Something curious glinted in his eyes the moment she said the words red dragon. Not foreboding nor intimidation as what any normal individual might feel. It was...excitement. Cunning.

Saer had not challenged a dragon in many long years. He was surprised, even to himself, to realize some piece of him missed it.

But for the most part, he listened to it all with a deceptively straight face. As she sighed and set down the water, he lifted his head a very small way off his hand enough to speak, not addressing anything she's told him thus far, (which, considering what he knew of her, might annoy her, though he wasn't too concerned about that at the moment. They had plenty of time, in his view). "If the water does not suit you, shall I call for something to eat?"
    Nixa's too grateful at the offer of food to be irritated at his lack of comment on her speech. She's starving. Generating enough power to burn the flammable gas required to breathe fire or ignite her blood requires a lot of energy, and she nods graciously at him.

As for drink, well, her master had taught her to brew her own special water. Not the most pleasant tasting substance ever, but it's sustainable. She brings a small flask from her pocket and sips from it, making a horrible wry face which is rather over-exaggerated.

Alright, your turn to tell me about yourself then. Specifically why you're in the Nexus and what your interest in me is.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-04 at 12:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]
    ((Failed shot in the dark, sorry. Try the 'Middle East' region. I live in a giant, drab desert where it's waaaay too hot during the day and absolutely frigid at night.))

Nixa's too grateful at the offer of food to be irritated at his lack of comment on her speech. She's starving. Generating enough power to burn the flammable gas required to breathe fire or ignite her blood requires a lot of energy, and she nods graciously at him.

As for drink, well, her master had taught her to brew her own special water. Not the most pleasant tasting substance ever, but it's sustainable. She brings a small flask from her pocket and sips from it, making a horrible wry face which is rather over-exaggerated.

Alright, your turn to tell me about yourself then. Specifically why you're in the Nexus and what your interest in me is.
    ((That wasn't even on my list! Crazy.))

(Saer's Room)

To her nod, the demon went to whatever this Inn has passing for a telephone and connected himself to the kitchen part of the Inn. With his side turned towards her, he made a sizable order consisting of a whole roast chicken, rice, steamed vegetables, fried potatoes, fresh fruit, bread, butter, and 2 thick ribeye steaks. He paused at the end of the order, then glanced her way with a wry smirk, holding her ruby gaze as he answered. "As rare as possible, if you please."

He made his way back over just as she took a sip from the flask which provoked such a disgusted face. His brow quirked up, but he didn't ask her about it with anything other than his eyes. Though, as expected, she didn't explain, but got down to business.

Settling himself back down in his chair, he crossed an ankle over his knee again and leaned back with a little sigh. "I'm here, because this is where I go when home has burnt me out, if you'll pardon the pun." He tipped his head a bit to the side, those silver crescents following obediently. "My interest in you has everything to do with that and simultaneously nothing at all. To be truthful, I'm still trying to decide whether you're worth the trouble I'm considering going through." He shrugged as if this were a trivial item on his 'to-do' list. "So far, I'm leaning towards 'yes', but things change. Now, you might say I'm looking for a reason not to pursue that particular course of action." He took a short sip of water with a considering look, no longer meeting her gaze, he was sorting through something in his head. "...Haven't found one yet, however. At least not a good enough one."

KCDC

29. - Top - End - #539
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa listens to the order, and smiles a little. Intimidating? Him? Not at all, not to her at least. Draaxar used to bring home those humans during the less snowy seasons, keeping them captive for days on end until he was hungry.

As the demon speaks he's given a huge eye-roll from Nixa. She'd say he was trying to hide something. Whatever it was, it concerned her so she was mighty curious. She didn't come here to listen to him prattle on in attempts to avoid a very reasonable set of questions. She will sit, very quietly, and pointedly glare at him until he gives her a satisfying answer.

Now it's around this time that Nixa's chair begins to smoke. The heat radiating from her skin is beginning to singe the chair. It's only a little burn right now, and she doesn't even really notice. Most likely the chair wouldn't catch on fire, although it would probably be burned quite a bit by the time she leaves it.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

(Saer's room)

When he stopped speaking, and when Nixa continued to simply glare, he watched her for a breath, then burst out laughing. It was the first time he'd done so since entering the Inn, and the sound was a rich, pleasant thing. He waved a hand as the laughter started to die down, as if he was pushing the mirth away enough for him to be able to continue. "Alright, alright. There isn't an ounce of patience in you. I knew that the moment you walked in the door. Let me try this another way."

The demon scooted forward in his chair so he was sitting at the edge of it. There was no hesitation as he held out his hand, palm up and inviting. "I'd like you to put your bare hand in mine. I swear no harm will come to you from this action, nor will I change the course of your life with so simple a gesture. I only wish to make a point." He knew her caution well. But he also was getting a good handle on her curiosity. He was hoping the latter would outweigh the former. And while demons were well known for their lies, if she could detect them, there wasn't even a sliver of deceit in his words.

KCDC