New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize the bartender was a PC.

((Is there anyone in the bar who happens to kill people alot? A PC at least. If not, I can make an NPC to converse with))
    Last edited by JadeVamp; 2012-02-04 at 04:10 PM.
    If you know what my name is from, you have good taste in literature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Violence: If it doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    "STOP PEEING ON THE SACRED ALTAR OF DOOM!" (Me)

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadeVamp View Post
    Jamil waits until the bartender walks up to him and orders a drink. He then makes a motion like he's toasting with someone to his right, though no-one is there, and drinks up. (Those who can see the ghost know he touched glasses with the ghost in the suit, who pulled a bottle of whiskey out of his jacket.)

((Is there anyone in the bar who happens to kill people alot? A PC at least. If not, I can make an NPC to converse with))
    First the bartenders are PC there aren't any NPC working here. Fade walks over to him.

"Could I bring you something?"

((Since nothing IC mentions you looking for such things I can't tell you. I know that Fade is killing people, but it doesn't really show))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Jamil waits until the bartender walks up to him and orders a drink. He then makes a motion like he's toasting with someone to his right, though no-one is there, and drinks up. (Those who can see the ghost know he touched glasses with the ghost in the suit, who pulled a bottle of whiskey out of his jacket.)

Marciano and Grantaire. They have killed many NPC's, mangled a PC, robbed said PC, and then tortyred his friend, a different PC. Then he left them tied up and dying in thw sewers...

4. - Top - End - #544
    Pixie in the Playground

*Jamil looks at Fade*

Jamil: Just some Guilder's Ale please. It's been a long day.

*The spirit next to him smiles jokingly*

Jack (The Spirit): Hah! What's the matter Jamil? Can't take a man's drink?

*With this he pulls a ghostly bottle of whiskey out of his jacket and takes a swig. Jamil ignores this.*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

5. - Top - End - #545
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]
    Quote Originally Posted by kitcatk8 View Post
    (Saer's room)

When he stopped speaking, and when Nixa continued to simply glare, he watched her for a breath, then burst out laughing. It was the first time he'd done so since entering the Inn, and the sound was a rich, pleasant thing. He waved a hand as the laughter started to die down, as if he was pushing the mirth away enough for him to be able to continue. "Alright, alright. There isn't an ounce of patience in you. I knew that the moment you walked in the door. Let me try this another way."

The demon scooted forward in his chair so he was sitting at the edge of it. There was no hesitation as he held out his hand, palm up and inviting. "I'd like you to put your bare hand in mine. I swear no harm will come to you from this action, nor will I change the course of your life with so simple a gesture. I only wish to make a point." He knew her caution well. But he also was getting a good handle on her curiosity. He was hoping the latter would outweigh the former. And while demons were well known for their lies, if she could detect them, there wasn't even a sliver of deceit in his words.
    Nixa gives the outstretched hand a good long look. If she hadn't already showed him her hands she'd never agree. But he already knew of her burns, of the claws. So once again, she peels off the gloves and lies the claws in his hands, ready to pull back and away at the slightest sign of trouble.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Saer's room]

Nixa gives the outstretched hand a good long look. If she hadn't already showed him her hands she'd never agree. But he already knew of her burns, of the claws. So once again, she peels off the gloves and lies the claws in his hands, ready to pull back and away at the slightest sign of trouble.
    (Saer's Room)

Saer's touch was light and noninvasive under her burns. Her skin ran just as hot as his, if not hotter, which was an unusual sensation for him. With one hand beneath hers, the other reached up and touched lightly along her knuckles, studying the burns with a crease in his brow. Nixa's claws were wicked, to be sure. She could rend his flesh easily with them. When it seemed the silence extended just too long, his voice finally rose again. "These only add to your beauty, you realize." His eyes rose to Nixa's red irises, though his hands didn't stop their contact with hers. "You had a moment of vulnerability the first time you revealed them. It was that, more than anything, more than your power, more than your fairness, which made me want you."

He lowered his eyes again and traced a finger lightly along a particular line of scar, one which was more prominent than the others, all the way to the tip of one of those impressive claws. He continued to explain before she could intercede. "I have my mark of ownership on only one girl right now. She is...outliving her usefulness. Becoming more of a headache" literally "than is worth having."

The demon's fingertips under hers caressed along her palm. "But you are are already claimed, by your word." Without widening the distance between the two of them, he raised his eyes once more to hers to gauge her reaction. His face was remarkably calm.
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

7. - Top - End - #547
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa cannot feel his touch. She'd lost most feeling in her hands when Draaxar had scarred her. But she disagreed with him. The claws were abnormal and the burns hideous. She wore gloves to blend in with the other drows. But asd always, she couldn't resist defending herself to anyone. I have no vulnerabilities, she hisses.

As for this 'ownership' that he was talking about, he'd really have to look somewhere else because Draaxar was her master and leaving him was not an option until she could get her soul back. She figured he'd realized that much. But if he had, why was he still going on about it? She still wasn't even sure what he meant!

Explain to me this 'mark of ownership', she asks, letting him keep her hand until he was done examining it. It was beginning to get... uncomfortable.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-04 at 10:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa cannot feel his touch. She'd lost most feeling in her hands when Draaxar had scarred her. But she disagreed with him. The claws were abnormal and the burns hideous. She wore gloves to blend in with the other drows. But asd always, she couldn't resist defending herself to anyone. I have no vulnerabilities, she hisses.

As for this 'ownership' that he was talking about, he'd really have to look somewhere else because Draaxar was her master and leaving him was not an option until she could get her soul back. She figured he'd realized that much. But if he had, why was he still going on about it? She still wasn't even sure what he meant!

Explain to me this 'mark of ownership', she asks, letting him keep her hand until he was done examining it. It was beginning to get... uncomfortable.
    (Saer's room)

When she hissed her reply, he smirked gently and gave her that eloquent look. He shook his head and slowly withdrew, allowing her to have her hands back to herself once more. Before he answered her question, he gave a nod to the limbs. "I simply mean you shouldn't feel the need to hide them when they only add to what you are, who you've become."

A knock came at the door.

Saer rose and allowed the room service to enter. They wheeled a cart where the demon directed them -next to Nixa.

He settled back in his seat and allowed her to at least pick up what she'd like to eat and take a bite or two before he continued. He didn't take any for himself. The lot was ordered for her, and her alone. "It's nothing magical, per se. A bracelet. A necklace. But it does need a reinforcement charm put into it to keep the mark from falling off."

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

9. - Top - End - #549
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa begins to eat. She takes a piece of fruit, glad that she can eat something other than meat, and is promptly reminded why she only ever does eat meat when it turns to ash in her mouth. Sighing, she places aside the charred apple and instead digs into the steak.

And the mark does what exactly? She's not about to begin wearing a pendant that slowly sucks away her life force or some-such. She needed her life force! Anything that makes her weaker would be impermissible. And even if it didn't really do much at all (and Nixa knew it had to have some sort of powerful charm if Saer was going through all this trouble to find a wearer) she still probably couldn't wear it because of Draaxar!

Hmm, what an interesting day this was turning out to be. And to think all she'd been looking for when she'd walked in were a few spell reagents taking the form of common spices.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa begins to eat. She takes a piece of fruit, glad that she can eat something other than meat, and is promptly reminded why she only ever does eat meat when it turns to ash in her mouth. Sighing, she places aside the charred apple and instead digs into the steak.

And the mark does what exactly? She's not about to begin wearing a pendant that slowly sucks away her life force or some-such. She needed her life force! Anything that makes her weaker would be impermissible. And even if it didn't really do much at all (and Nixa knew it had to have some sort of powerful charm if Saer was going through all this trouble to find a wearer) she still probably couldn't wear it because of Draaxar!

Hmm, what an interesting day this was turning out to be. And to think all she'd been looking for when she'd walked in were a few spell reagents taking the form of common spices.
    (Saer's Room)

The suspicion in her voice was thick enough to cut through. The slight smile on his face was the only indication to his mood, which was patient and amused for the moment. "It says you are mine. Nothing more."

He shrugged a bit and reached for his glass of water, taking another sip. "However, as you've already pointed out, you have a master. Thus, if this line of conversation is irrelevant and you have no interest in taking on my mark," he gestured to the door, "as of this moment, you are free to leave."

KCDC

11. - Top - End - #551
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

It’s irritating how well he knows her after such a short time spent getting to know her. She appears almost alarmed when he gestures for her to leave. While she was suspicious she was ever so curious. And this left her with exactly two options.

One, she could leave. This would mean she’d remain loyal to Draaxar, stay his servant and continue running his errands until he gives her her soul back. She’d learn the ways of the dragons and become ever more powerful. However she’d miss… whatever was happening now.

Well what kind of choice was that? If she wants to learn about everything the world had to offer she had to… experiment, didn’t she? I haven’t said no yet, have I?

Nixa uncurls herself and stands from the smoking chair. However, if you are that unsure of yourself, perhaps I ought to leave. you don't seem to have really thought this out. It’s her turn to threaten. She’s sensed that the power is in his hands and she doesn’t like it. So how interested is he in her, really? If he wasn’t interested he’d let her leave. If he was, he’d stop her before she reaches the door, which she turns to now. A gamble. But she’s tired of being led around. It’s her turn to hold the power now.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

It’s irritating how well he knows her after such a short time spent getting to know her. She appears almost alarmed when he gestures for her to leave. While she was suspicious she was ever so curious. And this left her with exactly two options.

One, she could leave. This would mean she’d remain loyal to Draaxar, stay his servant and continue running his errands until he gives her her soul back. She’d learn the ways of the dragons and become ever more powerful. However she’d miss… whatever was happening now.

Well what kind of choice was that? If she wants to learn about everything the world had to offer she had to… experiment, didn’t she? I haven’t said no yet, have I?

Nixa uncurls herself and stands from the smoking chair. However, if you are that unsure of yourself, perhaps I ought to leave. you don't seem to have really thought this out. It’s her turn to threaten. She’s sensed that the power is in his hands and she doesn’t like it. So how interested is he in her, really? If he wasn’t interested he’d let her leave. If he was, he’d stop her before she reaches the door, which she turns to now. A gamble. But she’s tired of being led around. It’s her turn to hold the power now.
    (Saer's Room)

The demon watched her rise up with the same expression on his face. Composed. Stoic. Though behind it, as she rose to leave, there was a flare of something additional. Something predatory. He had seen her alarmed expression before her quick recovery. He knew her game.

Luckily for her, he liked to play.

He didn't seem to move quickly, but somehow he had touched a hand to her elbow and turned her around barely a breath after she'd spoken. It wasn't with violent force, but more of a coaxing, a gentle push, and he stepped forward until her back touched the very door she was trying to escape from. Again, there was that hunting look to his gaze, but it was just this side of frightening. Enough to make the heart race, definitely. Enough to make one feel like they were about to die? Not even close. Because those weren't his intentions. He was a few inches above six feet tall, but his presence make him appear more. He leaned forward, his hand still touching her elbow, enough so he could feel the heat rolling off her and absorb it as his body was inclined to do. Yet, all he physically touched, was her arm. His voice was a quiet, promising thunder. "There's no question in my mind, Princess. I've already told you I want you." He allowed his eyes to wander from those ruby irises to her throat. "To see my mark on you, either here," He nodded to her neck at the same time he raised his fingertips from her elbow and touched it delicately to the curve of her throat, "or here," his hand moved to her wrist along with his eyes, then his gaze rose back to hers, "would please me greatly."

He stayed there for a moment longer, then gently pushed himself away from her, allowed her the space to breath she might or might not be craving. He held his hands out in an open gesture. "But knowing what I know of you, should I place it on you without your consent..." He didn't finish the sentence, but simply looked at her. He knew if she was to belong to him, well and truly, it would have to be by her word. Or it would never be as he wished it.

KCDC

13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]
    ((One last quick post before I need to go.))

Nixa listens, smiling almost cruelly. She’d had a suspicion he wouldn’t want her to leave, and it makes her feel wanted, special… of course, she was already special. She reminded herself that his attention didn’t make her any more special than the dragon blood did. Dragon…

What of Draaxar? That was her primary concern. What would the demon have that could oppose the red dragon? She couldn’t just abandon him, not while he has such a hold over her, yet she truly wanted this mark now. So the question is posed and there it lies, the fate entirely in his hands now.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]
    ((One last quick post before I need to go.))

Nixa listens, smiling almost cruelly. She’d had a suspicion he wouldn’t want her to leave, and it makes her feel wanted, special… of course, she was already special. She reminded herself that his attention didn’t make her any more special than the dragon blood did. Dragon…

What of Draaxar? That was her primary concern. What would the demon have that could oppose the red dragon? She couldn’t just abandon him, not while he has such a hold over her, yet she truly wanted this mark now. So the question is posed and there it lies, the fate entirely in his hands now.
    ((Kk))

(Saer's Room)

The demon laughed, but it wasn't the warm, pleasurable sound he'd made before. It was more of a harsh scoff. "What of him?" Saer shook his head and waved a hand away as if it was a no consequence. He was no longer looking at her, but across the room with unfocused eyes, trying to decide exactly how much he wanted to say.

Finally, he took in a long breath through his nose and spoke with a methodical cadence. "I've bargained for my girls from their respective Masters before for a trade of ownership. Though, to be fair, they were less...feral." He paused again, allowing his first option to hang for several seconds before continuing. "There is a place, along the throat of the dragon...Any dragon..." He raised his own hand and touched the side of his neck with two fingers. "It is where the small scales of the under-armor meet the larger ones of the back-armor. At that ridge, is a flaw, a weakness. Easily penetrated by weapon or claw." He bent his head and tapped the two fingers along his neck. "Under that ridge is the artery of the neck, the one that feeds the brain."

Looking at the floor, he allowed those words to stand. He hadn't said he'd kill the dragon, though he appeared unbothered by the idea. He might have even been implying she could do it herself. He was interested to see how she'd interpret the information. If she was vehemently against it, if she had fierce loyalty to Daaxar...well...There were many more girls than Nixa out there.
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-05 at 12:24 AM.

KCDC

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire futilely attempts to listen. He can't heaR A THING. hmm....are they talking?! Maybe one of them is deaf? I heard them talk...This coul' be important information! Grantaire leans against the door.

Marciano glares at Songdancer, M'sorry, you'll 'ave t' speak up. Yer mumblin'. Marciano's cockney accent blares.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

(Gaaah. So sorry I lost track of this...
    Blame Terraria. >_>)

[Tavern Central]

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Clarisssa stares at Dave blankly while she processes this new restriction.

"But..."

Tears begin to well up in Clarissa's eyes. Uh-oh. She's a very sensitive person, you know.

"You don't trust me?"

Becky obviously trusts Clarissa. She'd totally let Clarissa operate on her eyes in the middle of a popular tavern.

"Becky, you wouldn't happen to have anything wrong with your body, would you?"

Because Clarissa might as well fix everyone out of common courtesy if she's willing to do that for Dave! ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Hun, you know I trust you. It's an undeniable fact of what we've been through together...it's just that you're possibly drunk right now and that affects anyone's precision and I know that you'd go bonkers if you messed up even the tiniest bit...I just don't want you to do that to yourself. We'll do it later at home...okay?"
    "I don't think anything's wrong with my body, dear." Becky gives Clarissa a sly wink, and chuckles. "However everyone else around might go off their feed if you went for public surgery..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #557
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kitcatk8 View Post
    ((Kk))

(Saer's Room)

The demon laughed, but it wasn't the warm, pleasurable sound he'd made before. It was more of a harsh scoff. "What of him?" Saer shook his head and waved a hand away as if it was a no consequence. He was no longer looking at her, but across the room with unfocused eyes, trying to decide exactly how much he wanted to say.

Finally, he took in a long breath through his nose and spoke with a methodical cadence. "I've bargained for my girls from their respective Masters before for a trade of ownership. Though, to be fair, they were less...feral." He paused again, allowing his first option to hang for several seconds before continuing. "There is a place, along the throat of the dragon...Any dragon..." He raised his own hand and touched the side of his neck with two fingers. "It is where the small scales of the under-armor meet the larger ones of the back-armor. At that ridge, is a flaw, a weakness. Easily penetrated by weapon or claw." He bent his head and tapped the two fingers along his neck. "Under that ridge is the artery of the neck, the one that feeds the brain."

Looking at the floor, he allowed those words to stand. He hadn't said he'd kill the dragon, though he appeared unbothered by the idea. He might have even been implying she could do it herself. He was interested to see how she'd interpret the information. If she was vehemently against it, if she had fierce loyalty to Daaxar...well...There were many more girls than Nixa out there.
    [Saer’s room]

((OOC: Okay… I’m very sorry but I think I have to mention something of draconic lore here. The problem with standardizing all dragons like you just did is that dragons aren’t standardized at all! There are many lores of dragons across many cultures. DND just took a few and shaped them into their own way. However my dragon Draaxar doesn’t fit DND’s versions perfectly. Since Nexus is connected to many different worlds, it serves to reason that the dragons on each world, if they exist at all on those worlds, are all different. So while I’m sure that weakness exists on dragons on his own home plane/world, it probably wouldn’t on another. As such, I’m going to have to insist that Draaxar is different.))

((OOC again: Many other girls like Nixa? How many part-red dragon drow sorceresses with that much raw power, and insanely self-absorbed personalities has he met? ))

IC at last: Nixa laughs lightly, an uncommon sound from her. You can’t kill Draaxar! Whether she means that he can’t physically compete with the dragon, whether she wouldn’t let him, or whether she does indeed care about the dragon isn’t clear. Judging by her tone of voice, it’s probably the first one that she believes most.

But it’s not just that. Draaxar raised her, taught her everything. The knowledge of ancient red dragons would die with him, as on her planet the dragons were very rare and almost never lived long enough to learn so much. He was kind to her (well… you could argue that stealing her soul and forcing her to work for him isn’t kind, but hey, he’s never eaten her), and she didn’t want to repay him by even considering killing him.

But the idea of disloyalty and the demon before her are both strangely enticing. I don’t want it to end in bloodshed, Saer. Yours, Draaxar’s or mine. Yet she still doesn’t leave and she isn’t saying no.

If I was to accept, and my Master releases me, what then? This mark, you still haven’t told me really what it does. If it’s dangerous. If it means I have to follow you around like a puppy or if I can do what I’d like. She pauses for a moment a deep crimson spreads across her face, very noticeable against the dark skin and white hair. If you would still visit me on occasion if the answer is the latter. Is… is she hitting on him? It's a strange thing for her to be doing, but that’s a grin not yet seen on her face.

…how does she even know anything? If she’s rarely ever left the cave, has she ever really met a male before? But there’s the grin. No matter what it really means, it’s certainly there. How odd…
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-05 at 06:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #558

*Jamil looks at Fade*

Jamil: Just some Guilder's Ale please. It's been a long day.

*The spirit next to him smiles jokingly*

Jack (The Spirit): Hah! What's the matter Jamil? Can't take a man's drink?

*With this he pulls a ghostly bottle of whiskey out of his jacket and takes a swig. Jamil ignores this.*
    Fade is indeed a strange appereance. his body is covered torally by black clothes that look raged, but still cover his body. On his head he wears a cape and a hood to cover his face. The only part showing are his yellow eyes. Should someone look closly at his shadow they may notice that there isn't any.(Currently making the bed's upstairs).

He goes back to the bar and brings her the drink.

"Anything else?"

Just in case what abbilitys should someone have to see the ghost? If it is only killing someone then Fade would see him and act.^^

19. - Top - End - #559
    Pixie in the Playground

((Ehh... first of all... Jamil is a guy. As for your question, anyone with a kind of magical vision can see him, but otherwise no))

*Jamil seems unaffected by the man's appearance*

Jamil: Thanks.

*He reaches into a pouch on his belt and pulls out a small set of files*

Jamil: I need to be a bit drunk for this.

*The files have the seal of the local morgue on them. He opens the first one. The picture is of a man with cuts all over his body. Jamil looks at it for a second, then begins filling in blanks on the file.*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

20. - Top - End - #560
    Barbarian in the Playground

Songdancer
    "WHY WERE YOU SO TINY AND TRYING TO GO UPSTAIRS?"
    ---
    Icarus
    "A nice juicy steak would be good...if they have them..."
    ---
    The Fox
    The fox that was sleeping happily in the padded chair wakes up and takes stock of the Inn around it.
    It then falls back asleep.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #561

((Ehh... first of all... Jamil is a guy. As for your question, anyone with a kind of magical vision can see him, but otherwise no))

*Jamil seems unaffected by the man's appearance*

Jamil: Thanks.

*He reaches into a pouch on his belt and pulls out a small set of files*

Jamil: I need to be a bit drunk for this.

*The files have the seal of the local morgue on them. He opens the first one. The picture is of a man with cuts all over his body. Jamil looks at it for a second, then begins filling in blanks on the file.*
    Fade doesn't seem to be intressed in the picture either way and he is still standing aroun. As a good thing he adapted such abilitys like seeing magic and is using it quiet usual.

"And for you?" he asks at the ghosts direction.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Pixie in the Playground

*Jack looks with surprise at Fade*

Jack: Eh? Oh... sorry. Not used to people other than Jamil here seein' me.

*He thinks for a second*

Jack: If you've got any kind of Whiskey I could drink, I'lll take it. I'm running low.

*Jamil, meanwhile, takes a sip from his ale. He pays no attention to Fade and Jack, now absorbed in his work*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes

23. - Top - End - #563

Fade goes away and takes a whiskey. No special one since he doesn't know that ghosts can't drink normal stuff. He serves it.

"Anything else?"

24. - Top - End - #564
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer’s room]

((OOC: Okay… I’m very sorry but I think I have to mention something of draconic lore here. The problem with standardizing all dragons like you just did is that dragons aren’t standardized at all! There are many lores of dragons across many cultures. DND just took a few and shaped them into their own way. However my dragon Draaxar doesn’t fit DND’s versions perfectly. Since Nexus is connected to many different worlds, it serves to reason that the dragons on each world, if they exist at all on those worlds, are all different. So while I’m sure that weakness exists on dragons on his own home plane/world, it probably wouldn’t on another. As such, I’m going to have to insist that Draaxar is different.))

((OOC again: Many other girls like Nixa? How many part-red dragon drow sorceresses with that much raw power, and insanely self-absorbed personalities has he met? ))

IC at last: Nixa laughs lightly, an uncommon sound from her. You can’t kill Draaxar! Whether she means that he can’t physically compete with the dragon, whether she wouldn’t let him, or whether she does indeed care about the dragon isn’t clear. Judging by her tone of voice, it’s probably the first one that she believes most.

But it’s not just that. Draaxar raised her, taught her everything. The knowledge of ancient red dragons would die with him, as on her planet the dragons were very rare and almost never lived long enough to learn so much. He was kind to her (well… you could argue that stealing her soul and forcing her to work for him isn’t kind, but hey, he’s never eaten her), and she didn’t want to repay him by even considering killing him.

But the idea of disloyalty and the demon before her are both strangely enticing. I don’t want it to end in bloodshed, Saer. Yours, Draaxar’s or mine. Yet she still doesn’t leave and she isn’t saying no.

If I was to accept, and my Master releases me, what then? This mark, you still haven’t told me really what it does. If it’s dangerous. If it means I have to follow you around like a puppy or if I can do what I’d like. She pauses for a moment a deep crimson spreads across her face, very noticeable against the dark skin and white hair. If you would still visit me on occasion if the answer is the latter. Is… is she hitting on him? It's a strange thing for her to be doing, but that’s a grin not yet seen on her face.

…how does she even know anything? If she’s rarely ever left the cave, has she ever really met a male before? But there’s the grin. No matter what it really means, it’s certainly there. How odd…
    (Saer's Room)

((You got it, m'dear. Thanks for keeping me in line. ;) ))

Saer lifted his head from the ground and turned to look when she laughed and spoke. He made a faint movement as if to say Perhaps. Perhaps not., but it didn't truly bother him one way or another. Even so, he did note as she continued that she wasn't rushing for the door.

But then...she did something well and truly interesting...He sensed the heat before the light redness brushed across her charcoal face. Her skin was already inhumanely warm. For it to grow moreso was a wondrous thing. The demon smiled and took the one step towards her he needed to close the distance between them. The demon curled a strand of her hair back from her face and tucked it lightly behind one of those pointed ears, though he never actually touched skin-to-skin. "No, Princess. It's not dangerous." To you. "And you would come live with me. You would see me every day. Once my mark is on you, it is my duty to keep you safe. If anything, it is an extra barrier of protection." He allowed his fingertips to slide through her hair, all the way to their long ends, giving the faintest of pleasant tugs. "You would not have to follow me around, though there would be rules I would expect you to adhere to, for your own safety."
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-05 at 12:01 PM.

KCDC

25. - Top - End - #565
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa had been expecting rules anyways, although she's certain they'll change somewhat from her previous ones. Never leave the cave without permission, never breath fire around regular humans or you'll scare them, never reveal your claws in public (a rule she'd recently broken without even really thinking), never touch Draaxar's shiny objects, never bring anything cold near him, never tell anyone the Command Word. While she's sure the last one still applies, and heck she's not even going to mention it to Saer, the rest will most likely change.

She lets him play with her hair, although him running his hands through it to the end would take some time as there's just so much of it and it's so dreadfully long.

Then you need to speak to Draaxar. And of course, I'd have a few conditions of my own before any marks can be placed upon me. The blush is disappearing now. How odd that it vanished when he drew nearer. Perhaps it has something to do with him actually touching her hair. Nixa's hair was her privacy, her shield, she hides her dragon blood under it. Apart from the slightly singed ends she took great care of it, and if she didn't have to be careful of what she says to Saer, she'd probably have jerked away by now.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Songdancer
    "WHY WERE YOU SO TINY AND TRYING TO GO UPSTAIRS?"
    It was good exorcise! I need t' lose weight. Lies the assassin. Though he lies well.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa had been expecting rules anyways, although she's certain they'll change somewhat from her previous ones. Never leave the cave without permission, never breath fire around regular humans or you'll scare them, never reveal your claws in public (a rule she'd recently broken without even really thinking), never touch Draaxar's shiny objects, never bring anything cold near him, never tell anyone the Command Word. While she's sure the last one still applies, and heck she's not even going to mention it to Saer, the rest will most likely change.

She lets him play with her hair, although him running his hands through it to the end would take some time as there's just so much of it and it's so dreadfully long.

Then you need to speak to Draaxar. And of course, I'd have a few conditions of my own before any marks can be placed upon me. The blush is disappearing now. How odd that it vanished when he drew nearer. Perhaps it has something to do with him actually touching her hair. Nixa's hair was her privacy, her shield, she hides her dragon blood under it. Apart from the slightly singed ends she took great care of it, and if she didn't have to be careful of what she says to Saer, she'd probably have jerked away by now.
    (Saer's Room)

Again, that placating look crossed his gaze, the one which said she was being silly, but of course he'd play along. What did this demon have but time? He inclined his head in a single nod. "I figured as much." And he motioned to the chairs. "And now that you're no longer threatening to leave, I might suggest we sit once more, eat, and you make me aware of these...conditions."
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-05 at 12:01 PM.

KCDC

28. - Top - End - #568
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa does as asked, sitting again. Yet for her hunger, she doesn't eat. Most people wouldn't if food turns to ash at each bite.

The first condition would be easily satisfied. A fight. You and me. I refuse to work for anyone weaker than me. Of course, the fight would have to take place somewhere other than DFI, and of course, it would not be to the death or even to permanent injury. She figured that would go without saying. And it was necessary. Really, why waste time with someone who was much less powerful then you? No, no, he needed to prove himself.

The second is even easier to satisfy, You will not kill Draaxar. Simple. She would not have it. Oh she'll leave the old dragon, sure, but she didn't want his death on her conscience (if she even HAS a conscience).

The last, well that's still a budding idea in the back of her mind, one she's not even aware of as of yet, and she can't even attempt to speak it. For now she just watches his reaction.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa does as asked, sitting again. Yet for her hunger, she doesn't eat. Most people wouldn't if food turns to ash at each bite.

The first condition would be easily satisfied. A fight. You and me. I refuse to work for anyone weaker than me. Of course, the fight would have to take place somewhere other than DFI, and of course, it would not be to the death or even to permanent injury. She figured that would go without saying. And it was necessary. Really, why waste time with someone who was much less powerful then you? No, no, he needed to prove himself.

The second is even easier to satisfy, You will not kill Draaxar. Simple. She would not have it. Oh she'll leave the old dragon, sure, but she didn't want his death on her conscience (if she even HAS a conscience).

The last, well that's still a budding idea in the back of her mind, one she's not even aware of as of yet, and she can't even attempt to speak it. For now she just watches his reaction.
    (Saer's Room)

He sat after she had, across from her once more. As she spoke, the humor behind his eyes faded to something more serious as the situation called for.

To her first condition, he gave a simple nod and made an indicative gesture which seemed to say, of course. To have her suggest it was something new and interesting. She was truly different than any of the other girls he'd had under his charge in the past. He would treat her as such. When he won that fight.

Her second condition had him settling back a bit more in his chair, and he laced his fingers through one another while he stopped and considered her. It was a simple request, but it was not an easy one. That calculating look was back in his icy blue irises, and Saer was quiet when he replied. "If your current master attacks me, I will need to defend myself." He took in a slow breath and let it out through his nose. "I cannot promise you no harm will come to him if that occurs. But I can agree to your terms, and add that I will not be the first to strike when I do speak with Draaxar, if it comes to that." The demon waited a moment for her to contemplate his rebuttal. "Will that be to your satisfaction?"
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-05 at 12:51 PM.

KCDC

30. - Top - End - #570
    Pixie in the Playground

[Saer's room]

Nixa hesitates. Well... I suppose that's alright... but I don't think I ought to come with you. He'd have me attack you, most likely. What with the Command Word I'd have no choice... It's clear she's still worried about the possibility of a fight between Draaxar and Saer. If Draaxar dies before releasing her soul, then she'd die alongside him. But she believes he's already aware of that, so doesn't mention it.

What a messy business he was in. She wonders why he cares so much about this 'mark of ownership'. Obviously it was something he needed or he wouldn't be going through all this trouble. But there was one other thing bothering her.

You mentioned you already had a girl? She asks quietly. Yes, that was it. What of her?