New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

It makes sense, and thank you again.
    She smiles back shyly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're welcome, Carciza. Not that I particularly see the need for thanks because I get that you're a person, but..."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll just go ahead and thank you anyway.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

She shrugs.

"If you want to."

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

She smiles, chittering pleasedly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

L'lanyaea returns her smile, looking curious

"What type of organism are Execuloths, anyway? You look like fairly normal humans, except for the arms and the horns [and the hooves, if I remember correctly and they have those], but then you can do things like that that are more insectoid..."

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Her tail snakes up into view; the stinger extends from the smallish ovoid projection at the end.
    Don't forget the tails.
    We're... daemons. Daemons are odd by your standards, I suppose, and I really don't know why execuloths are the way we are.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

The mage smiles.

"I suppose I'll just file you under 'magical beings - classification unlikely' and leave it at that."

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

She gives a small laugh underlaid with a buzzing noise.
    I suppose I'm unclassified then.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

L'lanyaea grins, and chuckles a bit as well.

"Looks like it, unless I can summon one of your biologists."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

I wouldn't much relish all that poking and prodding. Ugh, almost as bad as mating season. She chuckles wryly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

The summoner raises an eyebrow curiously.

"I was thinking one that already knew, not one that would need to poke at you. And that's an unusual analogy, to say the least... Though I suppose it makes sense, considering how unpleasant the males of your kind apparently are."

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I see.
    She shrugs.
    I suppose that makes sense.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yep. Of course, that depends on being able to summon one... Are biologists allowed to apply for summoning?"

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably not as much as standard office workers, I'm afraid.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah well. I suppose that particular plan will have to go on the back burner, then."

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what are your plans now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's up to you, if you mean for tonight. It's your party, after all. Otherwise, magical experimentation, getting to know you better, learning more about Execuloths... Things like that."

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Experimentation and becoming more familiar sounds good to me. She smiles shyly and sips her drink.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

The war-mage smiles back at her reassuringly.

"Good. And to forestall the question, no, none of the experimenting will be done on you."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

She laughs a little.
    Good, I was worried for a second.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

"Speaking of you and magic, do you know if you're any good at it?"

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

I am, as a matter of fact.
    She smiles more confidently.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

L'lanyaea grins at her.

"I wonder if that has something to do with why you, in particular, were summoned?"
    , she muses, sounding quite curious. "But anyway, is there a specific type of magic you do best at?"

25. - Top - End - #895
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    The lady's hazy green eyes fill with sadness and sympathy at Naku's description.

"If you are able to withstand the sun, the two of us must visit the foothills of the nearby mountains here in the Nexus. They are a pale comparison to my homeland, but at least they compare. It does one's soul good to spend time simply walking or riding over the land, experiencing its lessons with an open mind."

An invite for a lovely afternoon outing.

"Sadly much of the plains are plowed up now, all planted with Wheatlet. It is a grass crop similar to normal wheat that grows in the North and is valued by the Empire because it is hardier and gives a higher per-acre yield than the wheat and rice they grow. They are taking all they can from the land, leaching the life from it. It will not withstand many more years of such aggressive practices. It needs rest. We know that, but try getting an empire to listen to a people they have labeled slaves and peasants."

She shakes her head, in sorrow. "But I fear that it would seem a lovely pastoral setting compared to the world of your past."
    "I am perfectly fine in the sun."
    Naku says, not mentioning that eventually she won't be. That's in a long time, right? No need bringing it up now.
    "And yes . . . we do need to do that one day."

Then she sighs and shakes her head again.
    "Why do empires always so . . . so stupid?
    They're destroying your land back home, they're preventing what few survivors there are to band together back at my home . . ."

She sighs again, hitting the bar lightly.
    "It's just so stupid, you know?

Anyway, don't let me fool you. So long as you went out during the day, and were careful, my home never was too bad,"

Well, for her. For some reason, so long as she went out during the day, all the vile creatures that made their hunting trips in the day left her alone.
    "and there were some pretty scenes; like, there's nothing anyone can do to stop the ocean."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, most of my kind are good at magic... I've been going into illusions for a while, so I can do that well.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do you mind giving me a demonstration?'

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

She cracks her knuckles and...
    First, she causes herself to appear fully human. Then she runs through a few other appearances, including L'lanyaea's and those of a few passerby.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "I am perfectly fine in the sun."
    Naku says, not mentioning that eventually she won't be. That's in a long time, right? No need bringing it up now.
    "And yes . . . we do need to do that one day."

Then she sighs and shakes her head again.
    "Why do empires always so . . . so stupid?
    They're destroying your land back home, they're preventing what few survivors there are to band together back at my home . . ."

She sighs again, hitting the bar lightly.
    "It's just so stupid, you know?

Anyway, don't let me fool you. So long as you went out during the day, and were careful, my home never was too bad,"

Well, for her. For some reason, so long as she went out during the day, all the vile creatures that made their hunting trips in the day left her alone.
    "and there were some pretty scenes; like, there's nothing anyone can do to stop the ocean."
    "I have only briefly seen the ocean..." by her tone it wasn't a very happy memory. "I would like to see a coastline now, on a lovely day."

"I can tell you why the Empire in my homeland seeks to enslave all it encounters: an endless quest for power. The powerful few in the capitol desire ever more power, ever more wealth, ever more glory for their own over-fed egos. My assumption would be that by preventing the survivors from banding together the empire in your homeland maintains power for itself." She sighs, matching Naku's response.

"Though anarchy at times seems to reign in this Nexus, at lest the people are free." she points out, pulling their conversation into the present.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

30. - Top - End - #900
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "I have only briefly seen the ocean..." by her tone it wasn't a very happy memory. "I would like to see a coastline now, on a lovely day."

"I can tell you why the Empire in my homeland seeks to enslave all it encounters: an endless quest for power. The powerful few in the capitol desire ever more power, ever more wealth, ever more glory for their own over-fed egos. My assumption would be that by preventing the survivors from banding together the empire in your homeland maintains power for itself." She sighs, matching Naku's response.

"Though anarchy at times seems to reign in this Nexus, at lest the people are free." she points out, pulling their conversation into the present.
    Naku just nods at all of this, being busy with memories dredged up from the depths of her mind.
    "Well,"
    She says with a grin.
    "I'd offer to show you the ocean near where I grew up, but it's not terribly safe.

Now, I don't want to try to push or anything, but you were going to tell me of vampires?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.