New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

Hm. Does understand Thurilyet?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

The dog sits down, looking happily at Thurilyet. Seems he's not much more intelligent than a regular animal. He might understand certain words if trained to associate. Heel, sit, speak, but none of that now.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1293

Thurilyet produces a sausage from his pocket.

Found in Trog's dumpster... was saving. Want share?
    He breaks the sausage in half messily. He gives the dog the bigger half of the sausage. It's cold, but extremely filling and delicious.

Remembering his manners, Thurilyet doesn't eat until the dog starts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

4. - Top - End - #1294

Oooo, more sausage! The dog goes after the dumpster sausage (good name for a rock band) and eats it up. A little garbage-y, but when has that ever stopped a dog from eating? He'll even lick at Thurilyet's hand for more taste. He'll then sit down, tail wagging vigorously, and happily bark twice.

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1295

Aiden walks into the inn, and takes a seat at the table. He doesn't seem like he intends to order anything, and takes out a journal to write in.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fade just shrugs.

"If a force stops you from changing it then you have to live with it. Such gifts are bad, it leaves you no choice."

Bad Fade you got a gift as well. You just don't wear it because it's not cold outside anymore.

"Better than having no name, am I right?"
    Oddly enough, this seems to cheer Reaper up considerably. He lurches to his feet, clutching his drink in one hand and waving the other wildly around the room.
    "A round for everyone! My treat!" His one eye roves around the Inn and settles on the dog and the young kenku. "And a biscuit for the dog! Bird seed for the bird-man! ...And I just made a horrible social gaff there, didn't I? Probably doesn't even like bird seed..." This seems to drain all his energy away, and he collapses once more into his chair.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1297

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "That's good! I wrote it because I love you, Naku."
    He then frowns at Fade.
    "Maybe so Fade, but remember that Naku is your boss. And when your boss asks you to not serve someone a certain drink, it's usually a good idea to listen."
    "She asked me not to serve a radioactive drink. this one is not radioactive. And Songdancer the customer is the king, right? He didn't mind after all."

Fade isn't really in a good mood right now. Blaming him for nothing doesn't make him appear friendly. Also he don't understand why the pony is joining the discussion. He may marry Naku, but for Fade it still is Naku who runs the Inn. The pony is only another worker here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    "Better than having no name, am I right?"
    Oddly enough, this seems to cheer Reaper up considerably. He lurches to his feet, clutching his drink in one hand and waving the other wildly around the room.
    "A round for everyone! My treat!" His one eye roves around the Inn and settles on the dog and the young kenku. "And a biscuit for the dog! Bird seed for the bird-man! ...And I just made a horrible social gaff there, didn't I? Probably doesn't even like bird seed..." This seems to drain all his energy away, and he collapses once more into his chair.
    His attention turns back to the other man laying in his chair.

"You should take a rest. We have free rooms upstairs for rent."

Fade doesn't care about the man, he just plays the business man.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Orc in the Playground

"Sleep? I can't sleep, man! It's just not done, you know?" Reaper seems to spring back and forth in terms of exuberance and energy, going from almost unconscious and morose to being manic and full of excitement at a moment's notice. He takes a deep swig from his drink, some of it dripping down his chin. Then, with a startled yelp, he stares up at the ceiling in shock.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1299

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Oooo, more sausage! The dog goes after the dumpster sausage (good name for a rock band) and eats it up. A little garbage-y, but when has that ever stopped a dog from eating? He'll even lick at Thurilyet's hand for more taste. He'll then sit down, tail wagging vigorously, and happily bark twice.
    The young bird claps merrily! What call you? Can call... Friendly?
    His one eye roves around the Inn and settles on the dog and the young kenku. "And a biscuit for the dog! Bird seed for the bird-man! ...And I just made a horrible social gaff there, didn't I? Probably doesn't even like bird seed..." This seems to drain all his energy away, and he collapses once more into his chair.
    He gives the Reaper a strange look.
    I never had bird seed before. It good?
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-03-29 at 07:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

10. - Top - End - #1300

The dog, now named Friendly, barks again. He seems to like that name. Or maybe he's reacting to the clapping. Regardless of whether he likes the name, he seems to like Thurilyet enough, his tail proves that point.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #1301

Naku sighs and sits down behind the bar, her player showing a complete disregard for anyone who tried talking to her.

But where's the fun in that?

Naku instead pats 'Dancer's head, and smiles at him tiredly.
    "I could really use some sleep."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

12. - Top - End - #1302

Fade looks at Naku seeing that she didn't seem to discuss about that any further he thinks he did right. After all he can't see any mistake done there. His attention goes back to the other man.

"You still seem to need that sleep. It would be best for you to take a rest soon."

Fade doesn't seem to look up, but his shadow does look up.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Orc in the Playground

Reaper blinks, and tears his gaze away from the ceiling. "Actually, birdseed is pretty good, if you get the right kind. The little sunflower seed are nice and crunchy." He turns to Fade, raising his eyebrow. "I can't sleep, I already told you. You have any birdseed? I could go for some right now. And the kid here has never tried any. It's a travesty." He slowly sinks down to the floor, using the bar stool to slow his descent. He reaches up and waves his mug over the counter.
    "And a refill of the nuke. If you would be so kind."
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1304

Fade refills the drink, also filling another glass for himself. As he drinks he doesn't unmask his face.

"I will have a look."

Fade takes a look under the bar. Assuming the DFI is like normal tavern and has different snacks, including the seeds. He comes back with a small bag of the seeds and a little bowl for the hulls.

"And why can't you sleep? You seem to be exhausted, from time to time."

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku sighs and sits down behind the bar, her player showing a complete disregard for anyone who tried talking to her.

But where's the fun in that?

Naku instead pats 'Dancer's head, and smiles at him tiredly.
    "I could really use some sleep."
    "Then let's go take a nap."
    He then tries to nudge her in the direction of their room.
    Nudge nudge nudge nudge.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #1306

The dog, now named Friendly, barks again. He seems to like that name. Or maybe he's reacting to the clapping. Regardless of whether he likes the name, he seems to like Thurilyet enough, his tail proves that point.
    Thurilyet gives Friendly a big hug, and starts to rub his belly.
    Reaper blinks, and tears his gaze away from the ceiling. "Actually, birdseed is pretty good, if you get the right kind. The little sunflower seed are nice and crunchy."
    Does have some?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

17. - Top - End - #1307

Friendly gets hugged, and his belly is rubbed. His leg starts thumping the ground as his tail wags. Heh, the feathers tickle.

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[TIEFLING'S ROOM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    The Lady is likely able to identify the odor as a mixture of cold air and starlight, then.

"To the best of our knowledge, Despair was in a recently bought home in Riverside, checking to make sure that the damage - the city has had a less than pleasant past, and it was partially burnt at one point - was repaired before we began making preparations to move there,"
    Carrion explains, taking a seat next to Fear, and gesturing for Raennall to sit wherever she wishes. "This should, even assuming that she was delayed for some reason, have meant she got back no later than the next morning, which, clearly she didn't. Of course, there's was the possibility of her having chosen to take some time off in Riverside, but as not only would she usually have informed us to prevent concern, it's now been several days, and we haven't been able to get in touch with her in any way, even to the extent of being yelled at to stop bothering her, that seems rather unlikely."

"There's also the fact that we tracked her from the house," Fear elaborates, nodding somewhat. "The trail appeared abruptly in the front hall, meaning that she had, for some reason, suddenly Nether-formed there, was of an intensity indicating that the time she did so would have been just about the same time she got there, and then led to an abandoned car park, which stunk of Nether-flames, physically and magically, meaning she'd almost certainly fought there. Unfortunately, something caused her to go back to her normal form at that point, and there was no way, with our abilities, to tell where she'd gone after that."

From her perch on the edge of one of the beds, the lady listens intently. "So there was a fight, in an area known for unrest, just before she disappeared completely, and it has been several days since then.” Wes sums things up as she understands them. “A days-old trail in an urban area is beyond my abilities to track, but a dog, or better yet a wolf, could still track her, especially if there are not many Tieflings in the city. If we want to try the direct approach, my employer has wolves that I suspect might be skilled trackers. That is one possibility,” Raennal presents the first thought occurs to her. By her expression, she is brainstorming here and within the next minutes will be giving them her thoughts and suggestions in quick succession. After that, they will have to decide as a group which paths to pursue.

“I saw mention of a group called Remnant putting out bounties on wanted criminals. I suspect they are a sort of constabulary in this region. Perhaps they deal with cases of missing persons? Especially if, due to the fight, you suspect kidnapping.” Not a pleasant thought, and her gentle expression tells all in the room that she is sorry she had to suggest that their sister might have been kidnapped.

“Does she have any enemies that you know of, either here or in her past? Is she closely connected with anyone who has powerful enemies? Forgive how many question I am asking at once, but I need to speak them before I forget. Now, you mentioned your name-blades were connected. Can you trace that connection, or could someone more Talented trace it?”

Wow, Raennall just did enough talking to give every Tiefling in the room something to respond to within the course of a few moments. It seems that as a diplomat/warrior she can cover verbal ground quickly.
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-03-30 at 02:25 PM.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

19. - Top - End - #1309

Friendly gets hugged, and his belly is rubbed. His leg starts thumping the ground as his tail wags. Heh, the feathers tickle.
    Thurilyet keeps rubbing Friendly's belly.
    Can write? Or magic-talk?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

20. - Top - End - #1310

Hmm? Whazat? Sorry, Friendly can't really respond with his belly being rubbed. And even if he could, he couldn't, because he can't really do either.

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #1311

Thurilyet goes behind the bar, looking for a sink. Coming back with two bowls,

Is thirsty?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

22. - Top - End - #1312

Excited by the water, he goes to one of the bowls in Thurilyet's hands and starts drinking up. So that's a big yes.

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #1313

Excited by the water, he goes to one of the bowls in Thurilyet's hands and starts drinking up. So that's a big yes.
    Thurilyet drinks too. When he finishes, he asks Friendly:

What like to do? Climb? Ball? Bone?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Orc in the Playground

Reaper lurches up from the floor, taking a handful of the seeds and tossing them into his mouth. He chews ferociously, swallowing them seeds and all.
    "Pretty good. I've certainly had worse." He looks at Fade from the corner of his eyes. "Well, it's not that I'm unable to sleep. It's just that I can't for a while yet. Just a cross I have to bear, as it were."
    He picks up the seed bowl and brings it over to Thurilyet. "Here ya go, kid. I'll probably end up liking these more than you will, so be warned."
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1315

Climb? Dogs ain't much for climbing, but ball? Bone? Yes! One of those! He jumps around Thurilyet, excited to do something.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #1316

"Then let's go take a nap."
    He then tries to nudge her in the direction of their room.
    Nudge nudge nudge nudge.
    Naku stops him by placing a firm hand on his head.
    "Nu uh.
    I am going to go get some sleep. Would you stay here and make sure the place doesn't go up in smoke while I'm gone?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

27. - Top - End - #1317

"Nu uh.
    I am going to go get some sleep. Would you stay here and make sure the place doesn't go up in smoke while I'm gone?"
    "Aw....okay." Songdancer said, feeling a little dejected.
    "...so technically I'm running the Inn while you're sleeping?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #1318

Fade just shrugs when the man goes away with the bowl.

"I never understand why people seem to bound themself to such things."

With that Fade turns away cleaning the bar and replacing the empty bottels under the bar.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Climb? Dogs ain't much for climbing, but ball? Bone? Yes! One of those! He jumps around Thurilyet, excited to do something.
    "Nu uh.
    Thurilyet scrambles up to Naku quickly.
    Miss Naku! Does have ball or bone for Friendly?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

30. - Top - End - #1320

"Aw....okay." Songdancer said, feeling a little dejected.
    "...so technically I'm running the Inn while you're sleeping?"
    Naku shakes her head slightly.
    "Technically no one is in charge, I'm afraid. Just make sure it doesn't burn down, please."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Thurilyet scrambles up to Naku quickly.
    Miss Naku! Does have ball or bone for Friendly?
    "I don't have a ball, no, but there should be some bones in the kitchen."

And then she heads upstairs because she's really, really tired.
    Show