New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    Vampire isn't nearly as strong as it was in Oblivion. Since there is no stat boost with it anymore, you just get a few useful spells with the huge hassel of feeding regularly if you don't want to be KoS. You also get an immunity to disease.

Werewolf is rather useful. Early game its a nice power boost for tough fights or for section you are deprived of your gear. The only downside is that you no longer get the resting bonus. You also get an immunity to disease even if you never use your beast form.
    As far as I understand it you DO get a 25% bonus to sneak as a vampire?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    As far as I understand it you DO get a 25% bonus to sneak as a vampire?
    Sneak and Illusions. I think the percentage depends on what stage of vampirism you're at.

I spent 20 levels or so as a vampire on my sneaky archer. Not worth it, overall. Having to feed is actually fun for the first.... I dunno, two or three dozen times I guess. But after fast-travelling to a city only to realise I'm in KoS-mode, chugging an invis potion and wandering around in search of food for the eighth time or so I got pretty sick of vampirism.

And that's not even the most annoying drawback - no stamina regen during the day is really annoying when you're running all over a city trying to find someone with enough gold to buy your three hundred or so pounds of assorted loot.

So yeah. Not a fan of vampirism. Haven't tried werewolf.
    Truth resists simplicity.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

I like werewolf, if only for the immunity to disease.
    I hardly ever sleep in a bed, so the loss of the rested bonus doesn't effect me, and the only time I wolf out is for freaky werewolf sex with Aela going berserk on some bandits or the like.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    I hardly ever sleep in a bed, so the loss of the rested bonus doesn't effect me, and the only time I wolf out is for freaky werewolf sex with Aela going berserk on some bandits or the like.
    The thing though is that I think I will play a "pure" mage, which means I won't do the companions AT ALL. So no furry dog look.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

So why ask on vampire vs wolf?
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Even after being a werewolf becomes obsolete in combat due to poor scaling, it's still amazing for getting around. Your sprint is faster than a horse's, you've got more stamina than a horse, and your stamina regenerates much faster than a horse's does.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think werewollf ever becomes really obsolete.

You just can't use it against certain enemies.

It really makes sense when you think about it. Some things you have to be tricky when dealing with.

Some things you can wolf out and massacre them all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

8. - Top - End - #428

PaladinGuy

Mages actually make pretty solid werewolves. The xflesh line of spells still confers its armor bonus on a werewolf, so if you cast it before you shapeshift, you can get all those sweet armor bonuses on your typically unarmored lycanthrope.

This, of course, assumes you've got decent health to back up your armor.

9. - Top - End - #429

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of this when I married her on my breton mage.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. That brings up a question. If you are a werewolf, and you marry Aela, or if you're female and marry Farkas or Vilkas...does that mean you're going to have a bunch of werepuppies runnin' around the house at some point in the future?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

11. - Top - End - #431

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought of this when I married her on my breton mage.
    I'd be more surprised if there was anyone out there who married Aela and didn't think of it

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    I'd be more surprised if there was anyone out there who married Aela and didn't think of it
    I'm more curious about what happens if you are a Khaijit and she changes before you do... are you stuck in a tree all night?

13. - Top - End - #433

I'm more curious about what happens if you are a Khaijit and she changes before you do... are you stuck in a tree all night?
    Oh you

Personally I am more curious about when an argonian becomes a werewolf. At least with all the other races, it's a mammal changing into another mammal, but how weird would it feel to be a lizard who has no idea what hair is and then all of a sudden becoming a shaggy dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Huh. That brings up a question. If you are a werewolf, and you marry Aela, or if you're female and marry Farkas or Vilkas...does that mean you're going to have a bunch of werepuppies runnin' around the house at some point in the future?
    Well the transformation doesn't last long enough for puppies to be born, but then again the transformation is obviously blood born so perhaps it could be hereditary and your humanoid kids may be a little bloodthirsty/hairy.

Or we can just say MAGIC!!!! and let it go.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2012-01-27 at 01:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Oh you

Personally I am more curious about when an argonian becomes a werewolf. At least with all the other races, it's a mammal changing into another mammal, but how weird would it feel to be a lizard who has no idea what hair is and then all of a sudden becoming a shaggy dog.

Well the transformation doesn't last long enough for puppies to be born, but then again the transformation is obviously blood born so perhaps it could be hereditary.

Or we can just say MAGIC!!!! and let it go.
    Speaking of Argonians, mine married a Nord woman.

Seriously, the game needs more partners for the beast races.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Seriously, the game needs more partners for the beast races.
    Yeah, gotta agree there. Not a single marriable Khajiit in the entire realm.
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    Vampire isn't nearly as strong as it was in Oblivion. Since there is no stat boost with it anymore, you just get a few useful spells with the huge hassel of feeding regularly if you don't want to be KoS. You also get an immunity to disease.

Werewolf is rather useful. Early game its a nice power boost for tough fights or for section you are deprived of your gear. The only downside is that you no longer get the resting bonus. You also get an immunity to disease even if you never use your beast form.
    Vampire is bugged, you are not inmune to diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Yeah, gotta agree there. Not a single marriable Khajiit in the entire realm.
    Addtofaction 19809 1
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-01-27 at 02:34 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

17. - Top - End - #437

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post

Addtofaction 19809 1
    You don't get the dialogue though. Kind of half-measure.

Plus that only really helps the 14% of Skyrim gamers who happen to play on the PC. Lack of beast partners is a real problem.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Is there a mod for that?

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

You don't get the dialogue though. Kind of half-measure.

Plus that only really helps the 14% of Skyrim gamers who happen to play on the PC. Lack of beast partners is a real problem.
    [citation needed]
    Is there a mod for that?
    Now that I look poison resistance is bugged as well. And the sun burns can bug and become permanent.

And no, there is no fix yet.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

20. - Top - End - #440

PaladinGuy

[citation needed]
    You're focusing on the wrong part of the argument. The console code doesn't add dialogue, and is a half measure at best. It doesn't fix the problem, it neatly dances around it...

...however, if you must, [citation]

Granted it's an outdated statistic. Those were release numbers. But I doubt there's been too much deviation from those numbers.
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-27 at 03:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

You're focusing on the wrong part of the argument. The console code doesn't add dialogue, and is a half measure at best. It doesn't fix the problem, it neatly dances around it...

...however, if you must, [citation]

Granted it's an outdated statistic. Those were release numbers. But I doubt there's been too much deviation from those numbers.
    Creation Kit will come out soon though.

Which is why TES games end up usually being better for the PC, most of the fun is in its modding.

22. - Top - End - #442

PaladinGuy

Creation Kit will come out soon though.

Which is why TES games end up usually being better for the PC, most of the fun is in its modding.
    Absolutely agree with this. I played Morrowind on a console, then I bought it again for the PC and since then have only purchased TES games on PC for exactly that reason.

That wasn't really the point I was making though.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Absolutely agree with this. I played Morrowind on a console, then I bought it again for the PC and since then have only purchased TES games on PC for exactly that reason.

That wasn't really the point I was making though.
    There is an ingame book written by a Khajit which expresses Khajit philosophy, and the idea of marriage seems very alien to their philosophy. That or Bethesda doesn't really like the Khajit.

24. - Top - End - #444

PaladinGuy

There is an ingame book written by a Khajit which expresses Khajit philosophy, and the idea of marriage seems very alien to their philosophy. That or Bethesda doesn't really like the Khajit.
    Hm...well, maybe Khajit are polyamorous
    I haven't read the book though.

Still, there's no excuse for Argonians. Especially since one of the side-quests details how marriage custom differs among Argonians. The fact that you can't actually do anything with that knowledge...that custom, is kind of disappoint.

It would've been great to have been able to...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...after completing that quest, assemble your own ring with Flawless Amethysts and then go seek out Argonians for marriage and have a different kind of ceremony. Would've really reflected how different and non-integrated certain races are in Skyrim, and really, Empire lands in general. Missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-27 at 04:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm...well, maybe Khajit are polyamorous
    I haven't read the book though.

Still, there's no excuse for Argonians. Especially since one of the side-quests details how marriage custom differs among Argonians. The fact that you can't actually do anything with that knowledge...that custom, is kind of disappoint.

It would've been great to have been able to...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...after completing that quest, assemble your own ring with Flawless Amethysts and then go seek out Argonians for marriage and have a different kind of ceremony. Would've really reflected how different and non-integrated certain races are in Skyrim, and really, Empire lands in general. Missed opportunity.
    There is/are (don't really know if for both sexes or more than one) argonian marriage partners, though the absence of the custom could be related to Bethesda not wanting to be overly laborious in building a flag system of that sort.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Hello all. I recently got skyrim and now I'm level 11. Anyways, I would like to finish my introductions with a story of what just happened to me.

So, I was in Whiterun and looked at the retieve the horn quest and thought, "Sure, I've dinked around enough. Time to finish this quest!" So I leave Whiterun and start heading directly to the marker. 30 seconds later, 2 red blips appear on my overhead compass and I see 2 bandits. I decide to have a little fun with them and cast non-needed spells to dispatch them (I'm imperial). So I kill one and was about to kill the other with my 2 handed sword when suddenly the 2nd bandit explodes into flames in front of me. I pretty much said out loud, "What the crap?!" and looked around. On my compass, there was another red blip and what flew over a hill was... Yes. It was a dragon.

At first I'm like, "Oh my god, another dragon!" I then remembered that I recently found the Word "Kill" in a cave that needed a dragon soul and so I said, "Kill it! Kill it!" So I throw a few arrows at it, only hitting it about 20% of the time and we dance around and around the field together. Then, the dragon decides to spew its fire and it hit a mammoth. The mammoth got pissed and decided to attack the dragon. Then 2 more mammoths came out and decided they wanted to attack the dragon. Then the Giant who was herding them decided he wanted to attack the dragon. And 15 seconds later, the dragon took off with 1/4 of his almost full health bar remaining. the 3 mammoth's and the Giant, upon seeing that they couldn't hit the dragon, all then turned towards me. I then spend the remaining time dancing around from being attacked by the dragon and the giant with his 3 mammoth's while flinging the occasional arrow at the dragon which for some reason was now hitting it 80% of the time.

Finally, I killed the dragon with and arrow and "Wus!" over to loot the body. Afterwards, I was sprint/heal/wus around the dragon carcass while running from the Giant and his 3 mammoths, waiting to absorb the dragon's soul. I finally do so after what took like 2 years and then drank all the last of my Ale and wine to restore enough stamina to run enough of a distance from the giant and mammoths. Only when my stamina bar ran out that I realized that they were keeping pace with me. So I consummed some stamina potions, kept spamming my Wus spell, and just all out ran for my life back to white run which was on the horizon. I almost get there with the mammoths and giants behind me, only to also run head long into a bear which decided it wanted to join in the game of 'Kill the Silverraptor'.

The story doesn't end until I bust open the whiterun gates, slam them behind me, and then proceed to cower in a fetal positon, save, and quit the game for League of legends where which a bunch of my friends were waiting on me to join for most of it, and were constantly saying over mumble, "Come on Silver, hurry up!"

All I want to say is, BEST. SIX. MINUTES. EVER!!!!!!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

So after journeying to the alps for a quest I stumbled upon many a creature that I had never seen before (And was subsequently mauled by most of them) and would have to rank them one a chart of the most deadliest.

THE MOST DEADLIEST ARCTIC CREATURES FOR A LEVEL 13 ARGONIAN NECROMANCER!
    Number One: Snowy Sabre Cat!
    Number Two: Frost based dragons!
    Number Three: Frost Wraiths!
    Number Four: Stray Dogs!
    Number Five: Dwemer Robot tech!
    Number Six: Random Hunters!
    Number Seven: Goats
    And the least deadly animal in the arctic is, drumroll please
    WOLVES!
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-01-27 at 06:54 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #448
    Barbarian in the Playground

I can just see you talking to the Whiterun guards after that. "If a pissed off giant, three mammoths and a bear knock, tell them I'm not here!"
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    So after journeying to the alps for a quest I stumbled upon many a creature that I had never seen before (And was subsequently mauled by most of them) and would have to rank them one a chart of the most deadliest.

THE MOST DEADLIEST ARCTIC CREATURES FOR A LEVEL 13 ARGONIAN NECROMANCER!
    Number One: Snowy Sabre Cat!
    Number Two: Frost based dragons!
    Number Three: Frost Wraiths!
    Number Four: Stray Dogs!
    Number Five: Dwemer Robot tech!
    Number Six: Random Hunters!
    Number Seven: Goats
    And the least deadly animal in the arctic is, drumroll please
    WOLVES!
    I HATE dwemer robots...

How can they put something so awesome in the game and then provide no way to have one as a minion?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I HATE dwemer robots...

How can they put something so awesome in the game and then provide no way to have one as a minion?
    Well, there is a way, but it's pretty unwieldly and only functional on a specific robot in a pretty limited area.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.