New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

As the car's radio sputtered a small smirk crossed her lip, "Seems like your car isn't in very good shape." She says with amusement. In actuality she was surprised that it was the only problem with a wizard in it, but she wasn't going to admit it.

When they arrived and Amber saw who was outside she was surprised. She'd worked with the person before, but hadn't expected to see them here. On one hand, it made her wonder, on the other hand another Wizard wasn't a bad thing. And the woman had been looking into stopping vampires before, perhaps that was why she was here.

Still, she didn't want to give away knowing the woman and so she acted as if she'd never seen the woman before.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim returned the guard's bored look with one of equal disdain. Once they were past, he glanced over at Brando. "Okay, Doc, you promised me a good time ... where are the stiffs?" He grinned at his comment, looking around the hospital.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

"I actually have no clue. Check around the room for registers. Or you can try opening everyone and look for big-chested women"

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim glanced back at the doctor with a raised eyebrow. "I know why Amber doesn't dig computers, but what's your reason? I mean, I assumed there were coronor records we could look at instead of playing Corpse-in-the-box ..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Grim has a sneaking suspicion that Brando just wants him to go opening up caskets for no good reason!

Oh, and I'm on vacation, so I'll post when I can!

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

(really sorry for the long delay. My week has been very hard, and it will still be this coming week too)

Aria gets out of her Ferrari, commenting, "Looks like someone who might want a job. Her wardrobe leaves a bit to be desired though. At least you have the good taste to wear miniskirts, Amber. Come on."

The vampire moves over to Liz, and flashes the wizard a smile. "Can I help you, miss? You might be in the wrong place as a customer, unless your tastes swing in a certain direction..."

Over at the morgue, the clerk working there look up and says, "Ahh, good evening, doctor. Is there something I can help you with?" asks the young woman. She is busty enough for Grim's interest to be sure, and a much better conversationalist compared to corpses.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-06-09 at 02:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh. Uh... Muh- Maybe? Who are uh- Um. Who are. Who are you?" Liz muttered, taking a step back, eyes glancing around and landing on Amber for a moment, then between both of them. Her hands reached behind her, easily slipping into her large bag. "Do you- uh- d-do you need s-something?" Elizabeth's demeanor is much changed from the dominant somewhat blood-crazed woman Amber met before.
    Alexander leah and Kymme deserves much love and appreciation.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh of course. I'm looking for the reports of corpses of the...dancers from Dancing Dryads club, and possibly to take a look at the corpses itselves."

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

The vampires tsk tsks at the lack of confidence. Not a very sexy trait for a potential employee. "I happen to be a manager of the Dancing Dryad. And what I need is for you make up your mind on whether you're entering this place as a customer or an applicant for work."

At the morgue, the clerk starts looking through her files. "The prostitutes? What for?"

9. - Top - End - #939
    Orc in the Playground

"O-oh." Liz paused for a moment, looking the other woman over. She was just outside the Dancing Dryad, but why she was with Amber, Liz didn't quite know. But, she very much might be a proprietor or manager of the place. She was pretty sure Amber preferred men, so she could also be a prospective worker. Shrugging internally, Liz shifted away from her façade. Standing up straighter along with a hardening of her eyes switched her from a lost puppy to a rather determined looking woman. "Ah, my apologies then." Her voice was cool, and her accent much more evident than with her stuttering. "Generally speakin', that façade gets me what I desire, but I had no intention of usin' it on a possible employeh. Me names Elizabeth. Might I ask whom I have the pleasure of meetin'?"

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

"The name's Aria, and the pleasure is all mine, Elizabeth. A façade? I suppose some men do like the bimbo types, but I'd suggest less stuttering and more using simple, short words in a bubbly type. Come, follow me. I can give you a tryout." Aria enters the building, and at this time of the day (morning) it is still closed, so one might expect the atmosphere to be quite different than that of a strip club/whore house in its operating hours. However, despite the fact that the lights are dimmed and the fact that dance music isn't playing, there is still an air of...lust and depravity and a lack of inhibitions in this place. The décor is pretty lurid. Drawing and pictures and even miniature statues of women in various poses. Things designed to inflame desires (and open pocketbooks) of men. "So, Elizabeth...tell me why you want to work for the Dancing Dryad."

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber follows, mostly quiet as she listens. She was curious why Liz was here, but still wanted to act like she didn't know her yet.
    Last edited by Major; 2013-06-12 at 03:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

(You mean Liz?)

13. - Top - End - #943
    Orc in the Playground

"I den't play the bimbo Aria, if I may call yeh that. I play the lost little foreigner. Works on more than jest men. Plus, I'd just want to slap meself constantly." Liz looked about the place with a keen interest as they walked through, she made sure to take everything in. Most specifically what objects would be most useful as weapons and where all the exits were. "Well, I'm rather short on cash. I mean, I have a bit, boot I need teh get a few extra weights and I jus' cannot spare the cash. Yeh mind if I ask why we have an underwear model with oos? She's rather quiet."
    Last edited by Unbeknownst; 2013-06-12 at 01:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

"First rule of working here: Do not try to steal from the customers. Don't try to 'play' anything of that sort. The only con you'll be pulling is using your feminine wile to please men get them to stay longer and spend money. Amber? She's an 'ex' underwear model. Didn't you hear the sad news? She's out of a job and is now in dire straits, like you are. In fact...why don't we have her be your test? Girl-on-girl shows are popular." Aria's eyes are roaming all over Liz's form, as if trying to size Liz up.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Orc in the Playground

"Ahm no thief, I refuse to steal. Ah'll accept a meal, but I never take a person's moneh. And, I live in a boos and eat ramen and potatoes. I generally get my new from coffee shops." Liz look Amber up and down, frowning slightly, "So, what exactly do yeh want done?"

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    (You mean Liz?)
    (Totally what I said)

Amber raises an eyebrow, but considering it was Liz that Aria was looking at she doesn't comment...yet.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

"Ramen. Ehk. Those things will do horrors for your complexion if you eat them too much. There's a recent story about an 18 year old girl who has eaten nothing but ramen since she was 5. She has wrinkles already. Disgusting. As for the act...here's how it works. At Double-Dee, customers get to look at your naked body and cop quick feels and gropes for free, but they must pay you if they want you to dance...alone or with another girl...or with them. And then they must pay *more* if they want actual sex. So, pretend that a customer has paid you two enough to dance with each other. Show me how you two might pull off an erotic dance routine that goes far enough to leave them wanting more and with their mouths open and wallets open. Remember, their tips make up a good portion of your income."

Aria turns to Amber and grins. "Good practice for you too."

Last edited by Frosty; 2013-06-12 at 03:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm not a fan of strange men giving me tips." Amber says raising an eyebrow. "I believe the sex thing was agreed on."

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

"You are not required to agree to sex, Amber. However, you will have to dance if you want to...fit in. You *do* want to get to get to know the customers, yes? Plus, most of the pay comes from tips, and these men tip well."

20. - Top - End - #950
    Orc in the Playground

"Wait, does tha' mean I don't have to agree to sex either? Because I didn't expect tha' bit." Liz's eyes flicked back and forth between the two women. Something seemed off.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Aria smiles at Liz. "Honey, whorehouses are not rape-houses. Girls here are not required to do anything beyond dancing, serving food and drink, and endure a bit of groping. However, most girls *do* go further, and they actively try to encourage their customers to go further because the money is good. Did you know that on average, the girls walk out of here with over $300 a night if she spreads her legs and does a good job. Given your...wardrobe...and your diet of ramen plus potatoes, I think you can use all the money you can get."

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I did agree to dancing and I'll dance. " Amber says with a shrug.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Orc in the Playground

"300 seems a tad low fer sex. I mean, I made that as a bartender in New York. And I have chicken every now and then too." Liz rubbed her jawline as she spoke, "and weren't we supposed teh practise or something?"

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, you and Amber. Try to dance for me. Let me see how good you two are. Oh, and you may make that much in New York, but the cost of living is also about twice as much in New York compared to here, so it's all relative. Besides, you're eating ramen and living out of an automobile. You don't have a lot of room to be choosy."

25. - Top - End - #955
    Orc in the Playground

"Yer thinkin' the city. I was out in the country. Nice oot there. So, Amber, how you want to go about doin' this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Same question goes to you oh mighty GM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you two have any skills that you think would be applicable for a performance? Also, don't be afraid to use other applicable skills to try to give each other temporary aspects to tag to raise the final result.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

"The owner of the place wants me to take a look at it, maybe find something that may have been missing, a new drug that might flood the streets. Stuff like that. "

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim glanced back and forth between the two, before clearing his throat. "Ah ... Doctor, you mentioned the possibility of there being similar symptoms with more than just the dancers, I thought." . Surprisingly enough, Grim's eyes remained above the girl's chin, firmly fixed on her eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    grim acts like more of a sleaze around Amber cuz it's expected ... Not cuz he's that kind of guy. It's complicated ...

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Did we get any fate points at the end of the last story? I forget, just noticed I still have 0 fate points on my sheet)

I have presence. Would that work for dancing?

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Presence helps, yes. If it's the best skill you got, then use it. Also, your FP not only refreshed at the end of last adventure, but you also got an extra FP for being Compelled to do something. You should have 2 right now.