Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG 79: So Lonely.

{Kitchens}

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Julie nods, she'd figured there was something like tha- wait, devil girlfriend?

Well isn't that interesting. And here Julie thought this camp would be full of bigots, but apparently they had more liberal interests than she was aware of.

"Well you just tell me what you care for then. Pansy left all kinds of things around, and I can make something from scratch if none of that appeals to you." She discreetly files away that interesting little fact for later. Like maybe a month later. It doesn't hurt that Vidalia dresses skimpily, and is very nice to look at.

"I was going to do something with leeks, but if they don't suit your fancy either, I can just skip them." Do leeks even have life? Up until this point Julie didn't think onions did, but now she's not so sure.
    Vidalia smiles at Julie. Leeks will be fine. They don't do anything for me, except as food.

She leans forward. So, where's your boyfriend? Vidalia tries to move her hand over Julie's, not really touching it, just hovering over it, so the fine hairs of her arm feels it more than the skin. Are you one of GLoG's redemptee's?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Porch]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "It's the sun. Sort of. Think of it as like an artifact linked to and channeling the power of the Unconquered Sun himself."
    Jamie blinks in surprise.
    "...umm, ok. I don't think you can pilot a star though."
    Silly Magical Princess.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

"...no... the stars are an entirely different thing in Creation. They're no pilotable, they're too small."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

"Too...small?"
    ...way to go, Rose.
    You're breaking Jamie's mind.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

[give and cake]

The presents are relatively simple, or at least appear to be. The first is the same Magic 8-ball that got the girls their first clue, the next is a book titled "All the grand tales of Kimessontori", next is a snorkel, followed by a deck of cards in a fancy box and a golden harmonica.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Butler is swimming in the lake!

Because not enough people go swimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Kitchens}

Vidalia smiles at Julie. Leeks will be fine. They don't do anything for me, except as food.

She leans forward. So, where's your boyfriend? Vidalia tries to move her hand over Julie's, not really touching it, just hovering over it, so the fine hairs of her arm feels it more than the skin. Are you one of GLoG's redemptee's?
    Kitchens

Julie's smile instantly wilts, "Dead." The succubus moves her hand away, then heads to the pantry to fetch what she needs for supper. She doesn't speak much while she's in there, but will be out again quickly, a phony smile back on her face and another answer rolling off her tongue.

"I just started the program actually, mostly because it offered me a place to stay after I ran into some trouble. I'm coming around to the idea though, especially after meeting good people like you." A cheery little wink may pass between them before Julie turns to her work with relish, her frown returning once she has her back to Vidalia.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

[Cakeaholics]

"Hey, these are pretty cool. I guess Palon isn't such a bad guy after all," Jamie tells Holly - as she models the snorkel. "That was actually pretty fun!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchens}

Julie's smile instantly wilts, "Dead." The succubus moves her hand away, then heads to the pantry to fetch what she needs for supper. She doesn't speak much while she's in there, but will be out again quickly, a phony smile back on her face and another answer rolling off her tongue.

"I just started the program actually, mostly because it offered me a place to stay after I ran into some trouble. I'm coming around to the idea though, especially after meeting good people like you." A cheery little wink may pass between them before Julie turns to her work with relish, her frown returning once she has her back to Vidalia.
    Oh, this won't do at all. Vidalia gets up and tries to wrap her arms around Julie. And no matter how big Julie is, Vidalia's arms will reach. If Julie doesn't immediately push her away, Vidalia will gently place her head against Julie's. I'm sorry. she whispers. I know what it's like to lose someone you love.

{{DEADTIME for the night}}

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Too...small?"
    ...way to go, Rose.
    You're breaking Jamie's mind.
    Rose chuckles. "It's complicated, but basically stuff works a lot different in Creation than it does here. For example... the sun's pilotable."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

"...you know, Creation is a very silly place."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could say that here's a very silly place. Matter of perspective."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #283

[There will be cake]

"Yeah it was." Holly says as she picks up the deck of cards "So, which one of these do you think is the prank?" she adds, only half serious.

If Jamie tries to breathe through the snorkel, she will find that it seems to make the air fresher. Speaking of which, this treehouse does seem to be pretty dusty.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Porch]

"Nuh-huh! Here is!" Jamie protests.
    But she's grinning.

===

[Cakeasaurus Rex]

"Probably the deck of cards. Bet when you deal them they're all jokers."
    Jamie giggles, and hands the snorkel to Holly to try!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

"...okay, yeah, it's pretty wierd to be a nexus of realities like it is. But my point stands. To me, the sun being a flaming ball of gas is odd, and to you, the sun being a gigantic artifact directly linked to Ignus Divine is odd.

...we've really gotten off track by now, haven't we?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Kitchens}

Oh, this won't do at all. Vidalia gets up and tries to wrap her arms around Julie. And no matter how big Julie is, Vidalia's arms will reach. If Julie doesn't immediately push her away, Vidalia will gently place her head against Julie's. I'm sorry. she whispers. I know what it's like to lose someone you love.

{{DEADTIME for the night}}
    Kitchens

Julie's stomach is fairly large, but even a normal person should be able to link their arms around her if they stretch. She leans into Vidalia's embrace, not stopping her hands as they chop the leeks expertly and slide them off a cutting board into the frying pan. She grasps the pan by the edge and agitates the molecules, getting it up to temperature as the burner underneath heats up.

"Well I didn't, not until about a month ago. It's just too hard to think about it now." Some green peppers are added to the fry up, and Julie begins dicing a ham.

"Does it ever get easier to think about?" She's staring straight ahead, not paying any attention to the blurring knife that's slowly moving towards her fingertips as she chops.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Main Cabin - Outside

Keo looks at Brinka. "Really? It... really?" Keo doesn't quite understand how that would work. If Brinka really doesn't want to, okay... "Well... then... what do you want to do?"
    Brinika's ears twitch some more as she thinks intently, then perk up as she gets an idea. Ooooh. We could try sledding! I've heard it's fun!
    It is entirely possible that Jamie and Natalie run into them. Brinika's high-pitched squeaking is hard to miss anyway.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Lab]

Rein the player expected something like that. It's still impressive all the same. No wonder Tobias is crazy. Writing all those millions of tiny runes.

Reinholdt whistles a bit. "Very nice."
    I thought covering walls in tiny writing was an indicator of craziness, not a cause.

Hmm... Dopamine activity in the prefrontal cortex is elevated far beyond a normal person, but that's usual for me. Where did this much oxytocin come... right, I was just with Quinn... Toby mutters to himself as the lights dim, clearly just spewing meaningless technobabble and not revealing anything of importance. Okay, METIS is being cooperative today! Are you ready?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

19. - Top - End - #289
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Lab]

Rein the player expected something like that. It's still impressive all the same. No wonder Tobias is crazy. Writing all those millions of tiny runes.

Reinholdt whistles a bit. "Very nice."

"When you have enemies like I do, you learn to make contingencies. Just a month ago, I had an assassin after me. Of course, saying what those contingencies are would be telling. I think I'd rather not divulge those secrets."

Then he'd be able to bypass them and everything! That wouldn't be good.
    Ah. Contingencies... Affidavit is familiar with that sort of thing, yes. He's found his way around death as well, after all. This does of course explain Rein's apparent lack of concern about death.

Silence, for just a moment or two. Affidavit is thinking.

While normally he would of course want proof to convince him, this is...different. This explains the lack of fear perfectly, as well as Rein's confidence in backing up his "guarantee". It is proof, of a sort. Nothing solid, but enough to make it likely that Rein does indeed have a way around this...

Of course you won't reveal what they are. Somehow I doubt you'll have done as thorough a job as me, but no doubt killing you in such a...mundane way as the beetle would, is something you can easily survive. I will leave.

The beetle will detach itself after a moment or two, just in case Rein has anything else to add.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

No. Definitely a cause.
    *nod nod*

Reinholdt holds up a wait a second finger as he waits for the beetle to actually leave and exit him. He adds nothing to his thought speak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchens}

Julie's stomach is fairly large, but even a normal person should be able to link their arms around her if they stretch. She leans into Vidalia's embrace, not stopping her hands as they chop the leeks expertly and slide them off a cutting board into the frying pan. She grasps the pan by the edge and agitates the molecules, getting it up to temperature as the burner underneath heats up.

"Well I didn't, not until about a month ago. It's just too hard to think about it now." Some green peppers are added to the fry up, and Julie begins dicing a ham.

"Does it ever get easier to think about?" She's staring straight ahead, not paying any attention to the blurring knife that's slowly moving towards her fingertips as she chops.
    Vidalia moves her hands over Julie's and tries to take over chopping duties. Yes, and no. Time will allow you to not feel the bite quite as hard, but the scar will always remain. Corentin will always be a major part in my life. He turned it around. And Vidalia begins to cry. But he wanted me to be happy. So I try to remember the happy times more often than the bad. The way he smiled, the way he held me in his arms, and how he always looked into my eyes when he spoke to me. she smiles, despite still crying. I loved him, and he loved me. That makes me a very lucky woman. if allowed to, she'll continue to cut up the ham, and dump it into the stew.

22. - Top - End - #292

[Lab]

It takes a little while, the beetle has to negotiate its way back to a suitable exit spot first.

Might be some mild discomfort for Rein in the process. Can be kinda icky-feeling having something crawling about inside you.

And after that, a brief pain in the back of the neck as if a small needle had been pushed out from inside. That would be the beetle exiting.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

23. - Top - End - #293

Kitchens

Vidalia will have no trouble prying the knife from Julie's nerveless fingers and taking over the chopping.

"I-I don't even know how I felt about Eric. I needed him, and I had no idea why. But he wanted me to be good, so here I am." Julie looks back down at the frying pan full of food, and attempts to break from Vidalia's embrace to get some mashed sweet potatoes she knows are in the fridge. It seems that, rather than a stew, Julie is making leftover hash. It does, in fact, go better with onions, but leeks are a good substitute.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

Reinholdt shivers. So disgusting. After the beetle exits he rubs the back of his neck and turns around to glare at the thing, even if it takes a little while to find and focus on it.

"Sorry about that Tobias. Brain beetles."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #295

[Lab]

Toby doesn't notice the beetle yet, but the room is completely sealed. It won't be able to escape easily.

...Brain beetles? What? Those aren't a thing. Let's just get this done. METIS: begin scan. The same runes light up again, their bright green color strongly resembling the bioluminescent glow of, wait for it, foxfire.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

{Kitchens}

Vidalia will reluctantly release Julie. She takes the time that Julie's fetching potatoes to wipe the tears from her eyes. When I first met Corentin, I had a similar reaction. she shrugs, resuming stirring the food. I couldn't understand why he made me feel different about him, than anyone before him had. It scared me.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"No! I'm serious! A brain beetle sent by the professor. It's right freaking there. He come out the back of my neck and everything. Did you not notice the conversation I was having in my head? How could you not notice?!" Reinholdt flails a little before pointing at the beetle.

I don't personally know enough about masochists, druggies using sannish, alcoholism, and brain scans to tell you the results.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-01-30 at 02:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #298

[Lake]

Oh, hey, look, there's a Butler swimming in the lake!

...not that the lady entering the scene from the sky is familiar with Butler.

She glides down over the lake, landing on the far side. She turns to face Butler, her golden feathered wings folding in behind her.

The angel watches him for a moment or two, head tilted slightly, curious...

Then a few strands of her blonde hair flop over her eye, and with an irritated sigh she flicks them to one side and calls out to him, "Uh, excuse me! Can you help me? This is GLoG, isn't it?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Butler swims over to climb out of the water.
    "Yes ma'am. This is GLoG ma'am. How can I help you ma'am?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #300

[Lab]

It is a very small beetle. Smaller than an ant. Smaller than a small ant, most likely.

It's just sitting in the corner at the moment...

[Lake]

The angel smiles at Butler and nods, "I'm sure you can." She's wearing a simple outfit consisting of a plain white robe, complete with hood. At the back, a section's been cut out for the wings. She seems to have a sort of...slight glow to her, as if there's some sort of very soft golden light shining on her. If Butler looks closely, he may notice that her irises are purple in colour.

"This is the place for those who wish to redeem themselves, isn't it?"