New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG 79: So Lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Med Lab

Toby stares at Reinholdt and Melody in surprise, then clears his throat to announce his presence. So why, exactly, are you tossing the place? Do you doubt my word that there are no more copies of that chemical analysis? Are you looking for METIS' AI core? Have you figured out that I have a bioweapon keyed into your DNA so you're here to find and destroy it?
    I guess he's a little sensitive about people going through his things.
    Med Lab

"Actually we were looking for the giga counter or whatever it's called. Need to test a soft drink. See if you'll melt when I splash it in your face." Reinholdt says as he closes the door to the closet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG 79: So Lonely.

[Main Drive]

Friend bows in farewell as Kirk leaves.

"May your day be good as well"

Upon standing up, the ex-Fae suddenly recalls the reason for being in the lake in the first place.

Turning slowly, the armoured mortal Fae looks up at a large and rather angry mechanical octopus

"Ketos, aristos Poseidon."

Turning on the spot, Friend flees as the monster gives chase. Soon both have disappeared off into the forest in a comical scene ending.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

Med Lab

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    He'll find two strangers rummaging through his stuff!

One of them is Reinholdt though.

"Living, I'm pretty sure." Rein tells Melody.
    Correction, he found one not so stranger rummaging through his stuff. Melody's hands are behind her, courteously not touching anything.

Toby stares at Reinholdt and Melody in surprise, then clears his throat to announce his presence. So why, exactly, are you tossing the place? Do you doubt my word that there are no more copies of that chemical analysis? Are you looking for METIS' AI core? Have you figured out that I have a bioweapon keyed into your DNA so you're here to find and destroy it?
    I guess he's a little sensitive about people going through his things.
    "Actually we were looking for the giga counter or whatever it's called. Need to test a soft drink. See if you'll melt when I splash it in your face." Reinholdt says as he closes the door to the closet.
    Unlike Reinholdt, Melody jumped slightly when Tobias started speaking. And also this chinese food. She holds out the to go box of deliciousness.

{Vidalia's Room}

"Actually, I just chose it myself ma'am." Butler gets the chance to explain. He'd probably point out that he's not a baby, and that she must be referring to Julie's stomach. But ear scritches and kisses interrupts that. He purrs into the kiss as he reciprocates with his world class kissing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Julie, pressed between the kissing pair, can't help but giggle at Butler's purring, reaching back to attempt to scritch his ear.

"I can't help but think I should leave you two alone before I'm drawn into fun I just finished promising myself I'd avoid having." They really are something around here, aren't they?
    Vidalia pulls away from Butler, and walks back to her clothes. Don't worry, Julie. There won't be any curtain pulling activity, for now. She begins to dress again. So, what would you like to do next?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Barbarian in the Playground

Med Lab

You mean a Geiger counter? You think your food was irradiated? Toby raises an eyebrow at the two.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

{Med Lab}

I just want to be sure. Melody says.These things need to be made known to the people of the Nexus.

Why do you scan brains?

6. - Top - End - #1176

[Lakeshore]

The entity noted Dena's choice of epithet with some minor curiosity before moving on with answering her questions. It wouldn't do to dwell on a comparative triviality at the moment anyway. "That was just a simple scene of just some king or another during a brief private moment." the entity said as they reclaimed the small spiral and replaced it back within their pocket.

"As for what you saw, it was a construct of both sinusoidal and mechanical waves corresponding to both photons and gaseous molecules respectively. That spiral I used simply collected the ambient 'white noise' patterns that is readily available from both and redirected them in a much more ordered sequence. In effect, what you saw was the end result rather than a process but judging from your reaction, I can tell that the impact has been made."

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG 79: So Lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Andy's Room]

Andy stands at the door and at first he makes no motion to open/unlock the door. Just an inch befor he stops remembering that there are guests right behind him. He waits a moment until a klicking can be heared then he heads in. The first room looks strange. It's in fact a Operation room having a big table in the mid and a bunch of different tools around the walls. Assuming Bill has knowledge he may notice that this tools are for operations and for technical service. Around the table are three chairs, one of them is obviouly for Bill since it seems to carry more weight then the other two.

"Science isn't perfectly stable and predictable. I know from experience that sience could act instable especially when your in a research and find something unkown. I just prefere sinenc cause it doesn't need anything. Near everyone could use technologie."

He mentions them to sit down. papers lay on the table and a few pens.

"Maybe it's helpful, it's one of the very rare things where I could help. I still assume there is some mage outside who could cast a spell and do the same thing."
    [Andy's Room]

Lucy nods as Andy speaks about the inpredictable nature of science.

"We experienced that too, although we worked only in medicine. But it is less dangerous for those who must use the results, and it helps our understanding. I don't think magic does that..."

Her voice trails off as she begins to ponder the nature of magic, realising that she actually know very little about it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1178

Andy's Room
    'I'd still rather have science. After all, what if the spell goes wrong?'
    Bill sits down.
    'So what were you thinking for the device?'
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Andy's Room]

"Magic is indeed something non mages can't really get. I think there is something you only see when your able to use magic and that makes it so foreign for us."

Andy sits down as well, wondering why noone mentioned the arangement here. Well he doesn't mind it.

"The main problem would be how you want to use it. If you want it permanent and having a free hand I would either make a necklace near your vocal cords which would translate due to the wipes coming from them or some kind of mask that translates your roaw. The other not so handy idea would be a devise you can hold up and would translate."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Med Lab

You mean a Geiger counter? You think your food was irradiated? Toby raises an eyebrow at the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Med Lab}

I just want to be sure. Melody says.These things need to be made known to the people of the Nexus.

Why do you scan brains?

[Med Lab]

"Me? Nah. You know I don't have any thoughts." Reinholdt says, before nodding at Melody. Better answer her questions!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Med Lab

Toby looks back and forth between Rein and Melody. Well, sure, I can check for radiation. And I scan brains because healing someone's head without knowing what's exactly wrong with them is for chumps. I'm not going to let anyone die while I play guess and check with their delicate neurochemistry, you know?

12. - Top - End - #1182

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Lakeshore]

The entity noted Dena's choice of epithet with some minor curiosity before moving on with answering her questions. It wouldn't do to dwell on a comparative triviality at the moment anyway. "That was just a simple scene of just some king or another during a brief private moment." the entity said as they reclaimed the small spiral and replaced it back within their pocket.

"As for what you saw, it was a construct of both sinusoidal and mechanical waves corresponding to both photons and gaseous molecules respectively. That spiral I used simply collected the ambient 'white noise' patterns that is readily available from both and redirected them in a much more ordered sequence. In effect, what you saw was the end result rather than a process but judging from your reaction, I can tell that the impact has been made."
    [Lakeshore]

Dena don't know what either gaseous molecules or photons are, but to her it sounds like some technical terminology sages like to use to look smarter then they really were.

"I'm going to pretend I just understood what you said there and ask why just that specific person appeared, is it just random? Or can you control what you see with that thing?"

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

{Med Lab}

Melody smiles warmly. Oh, so you're a healer also. I use the Weave to read what is ailing my patients. she looks about. This all weird sciency stuff. But I'm sure you are good at what you do. She once again holds out the box of Chinese food. Where should I put this?

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Med Lab

Reinholdt remains quiet. Nothing to say here until the tests are done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #1185

Med Lab

Actually, I use Druidic magic. The science stuff is here because I teach nonmagical people across the Nexus how to not be horrible doctors. Just set the box on a table and step back. Toby closes his eyes and spends several seconds chanting a spell to detect radiation.

16. - Top - End - #1186

[Lakeshore]

Linguistic embellishment for the sake of inflating one's own ego? Perish the thought. Some individuals simply had a particularly arcane lexicon out of nature rather than by any active choice. It was better than speaking only in limerick, at least. That could become quite aggravating to all involved in short order.

"The full scene stored in the small spire was captured from a point or potential point in the past. If I were to set it spinning again, it would resume where it was left off unless I gave it a counter-spin first. I will admit that making it do anything other than display the contents in the default manner is a rather convoluted process in comparison to other devices that display recorded information but I suppose one is allowed some measure of whimsy in the practice of their chosen craft. As such, the scene within is unique to the container that holds it and vice versa. That is to say, if I were to have a scene of some merchants crossing a mountain pass, the resemblance in shape to the spire I just used would only be a general one and the actual design would look quite different. In effect, the information stored shapes the shell as much as the shell shapes the information within." the entity said in amicable tones. Hopefully that would clear things up a bit.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Andy's Room
    'I want it in a necklace form so I can just slip it on in the morning and so it's easier on the eyes'.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Campgrounds]

Reelshka's ears twitch. She's not really sure if she wouldn't have allowed it. A primitive trial-by-combat ceremony isn't that crazy compared to the things that go down in the Nexus on a regular basis. I'm just glad Brinika isn't here right now. I take it the ritual worked, then, and the campsite will be protected?
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Poplar Cabin

Tito sniffs. "Nope. Still doesn't smell like apples. I guess it didn't work." Then after a beat, he grins and hugs Waterstrider. "I love you."

Campgrounds

"I wish I was a Wolfen so I could fight like that," Lily says with a pout.

Off in the woods some distance away

A badger is merrily chowing on some grubs, when it suddenly perks up and begins moving in the direction of the campground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Campgrounds]

Renetta smiles. She's not going to let the ritual bother her, despite not being entirely comfortable with such violence. "I'm just glad you're okay."

And it's at this point that it looks like Kirk can feel free to come over. Thankfully he doesn't recognize most people here, aside from Reelshka that is

"That was impressive." The drow comments as he nears. "Mind if we talk for a moment? I might have an offer for you."

Poplar Cabin

Tito will find Waterstrider's arm wrapping around him to pull him into a hug. "Love you too, Tito. And I'll find some way to make this place smell like apples eventually." He tells him as he smiles gently to Pansy.

Campgrounds

Pathfinder gives Renetta a smile as he pulls Lily tight to himself. "Thanks, and yes, the spirit of the beast will protect this place now." He tells Reelshka before nipping at Lily's neck affectionately. "Maybe some day you will." He promises.

When Kirk arrives, he looks up. "Thank you, but I'd prefer to rest before deciding any sort of deal."

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

[Campgrounds]

Reelshka looks around. She's going to take Pahtfinder's word for it... her experience with spirit is nonexistent.
    That's good. Thank you, Pathfinder, she says earnestly. I wanted to ask if you've considered the offer to become a Council member, but it can wait until you've had some rest.
    She peers at Kirk in a not very friendly manner. What is he doing here?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1190

{Vidalia's Room}

Vidalia pulls away from Butler, and walks back to her clothes. Don't worry, Julie. There won't be any curtain pulling activity, for now. She begins to dress again. So, what would you like to do next?
    Cherry Cabin

"I don't suppose you wanted to try some of that 'feeding the sick' stuff everyone seems to do around here? I've been bored out of my skull, and worried sick I'm not going to be ready for children besides. I'd do nearly anything to take my mind off it all for a while." Although some things are more tempting than others, as Julie takes a good long look at Vidalia in her new briefs.

Ah well. Maybe after they solved that ghost problem of hers things would change. For now, she'll stick to more simple pleasures.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground

{Med Lab}

Reinholdt remains quiet. Nothing to say here until the tests are done.
    Actually, I use Druidic magic. The science stuff is here because I teach nonmagical people across the Nexus how to not be horrible doctors. Just set the box on a table and step back. Toby closes his eyes and spends several seconds chanting a spell to detect radiation.
    Melody places the box of food on the table, and opens it up. Then she steps back and stands next to Reinholdt. Is this dangerous? she asks as she watches curiously as the druid begins to chant.

{Vidalia's Room}

"I don't suppose you wanted to try some of that 'feeding the sick' stuff everyone seems to do around here? I've been bored out of my skull, and worried sick I'm not going to be ready for children besides. I'd do nearly anything to take my mind off it all for a while." Although some things are more tempting than others, as Julie takes a good long look at Vidalia in her new briefs.

Ah well. Maybe after they solved that ghost problem of hers things would change. For now, she'll stick to more simple pleasures.
    Vidalia zips up her jeans, and wiggles her legs a bit to get comfortable. She didn't have any trouble pulling them on. We can do that. I know of a place where a tyrant nearly starves his people. We could go there.

She pulls her shirt on over her head, stopping just above her chest. Should we ask permission first? She then pulls it the rest of the way down.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Poplar Cabin

Tito will find Waterstrider's arm wrapping around him to pull him into a hug. "Love you too, Tito. And I'll find some way to make this place smell like apples eventually." He tells him as he smiles gently to Pansy.
    "You should smell the place at cider pressing time," Tito says. "I bet you would pass out from the smell!"[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Campgrounds

Pathfinder gives Renetta a smile as he pulls Lily tight to himself. "Thanks, and yes, the spirit of the beast will protect this place now." He tells Reelshka before nipping at Lily's neck affectionately. "Maybe some day you will." He promises.

When Kirk arrives, he looks up. "Thank you, but I'd prefer to rest before deciding any sort of deal."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Campgrounds]

Reelshka looks around. She's going to take Pahtfinder's word for it... her experience with spirit is nonexistent.
    That's good. Thank you, Pathfinder, she says earnestly. I wanted to ask if you've considered the offer to become a Council member, but it can wait until you've had some rest.
    She peers at Kirk in a not very friendly manner. What is he doing here?
    "Oooh, Pathfinder would be the best council member!" Lily says encouragingly, even though she has only the vaguest idea what council members do. She just knows they're In Charge.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {Med Lab}

Melody places the box of food on the table, and opens it up. Then she steps back and stands next to Reinholdt. Is this dangerous? she asks as she watches curiously as the druid begins to chant.

{Vidalia's Room}

Vidalia zips up her jeans, and wiggles her legs a bit to get comfortable. She didn't have any trouble pulling them on. We can do that. I know of a place where a tyrant nearly starves his people. We could go there.

She pulls her shirt on over her head, stopping just above her chest. Should we ask permission first? She then pulls it the rest of the way down.

Med Lab

"When dealing with Tobias? Very dangerous."

Like playing with a bomb that makes snarky comments at you when you try to plant it.

[Vidalia's Room]

"I'm reasonably sure you don't need permission to go feed people ma'ams." Butler tells the two as he finishes up Julie's massage before stepping back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1194

Vidalia's Room

"In my experience, heading to a tyrant's domain is never the safest idea. Maybe we could start small? I'm not really equipped to dive into full-fledged heroism you know." Julie will recover her discarded shirt as well, slipping into it gently so that the temporary alterations don't tear on her.

"Maybe we could enlist Butler and cook up a feast for the campground? I'm not really sure what we could make, but I think that staying here has less of a chance of ending with us in the wrong kind of dungeon."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Troll in the Playground

[Vidalia's Room]

"I'm reasonably sure you don't need permission to go feed people ma'ams." Butler tells the two as he finishes up Julie's massage before stepping back.
    "In my experience, heading to a tyrant's domain is never the safest idea. Maybe we could start small? I'm not really equipped to dive into full-fledged heroism you know." Julie will recover her discarded shirt as well, slipping into it gently so that the temporary alterations don't tear on her.

"Maybe we could enlist Butler and cook up a feast for the campground? I'm not really sure what we could make, but I think that staying here has less of a chance of ending with us in the wrong kind of dungeon."
    Vidalia shrugs. Makes sense. Maybe we could ask someone for a safe mission. I'm sure there's a homeless shelter in the old Empire, or something.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Vidalia's Room

"That sounds fine. Who would we ask about finding something like that?" Julie's honestly curious. She's not really sure how GLoG operates day to day, and until this point didn't even know they took missions.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Vidalia's Room

Butler waits for them to decide if they want him to cook a feast or if they'd rather try their hand at positive cleaning.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Pixie in the Playground

[Center of the Campsite]

A dark sapphire-colored convertible rolls into the middle of the camp! It slows to a stop gradually, likely kicking up a grand cloud of dust as it skids along. Seconds after it is parked, out of it slides a very, very pregnant lady with hazel-tinted hair and sparkling brown eyes. She is wearing a bulky, grey hoodie and blue jeans. Tennis shoes are present and accounted for as well. Her fingernails are painted hot pink. It would seem that the pretty young lady is quite flustered, judging by the panic lurking behind her eyes.

But don't be fooled by appearances. She's a horrible killer through and through!

29. - Top - End - #1199

[Center of Campsite]

Of course, only a few people know that she is a killer. And none of them are here at the moment.

Nope...wait...scratch that. One of them just showed up.

Demon Queen passes the Main Cabin and starts looking around. She thought she should see if she could find the woman herself before asking others. The less people that know, the better. In her mind, at least.

The woman might see Demon Queen before the Abyssal Exalted sees her. How she reacts, well...that remains to be seen.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Troll in the Playground

Dock on the Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I'm sorry, I was trying to help." Myrim has surfaced on the other side of the boat to the main part of the lake. She's a marsh goblin, with greenish skin and greenish-blue hair. Her eyes are purple, and she's wearing a simple loose dress made of waterweed. She looks to be rather young; perhaps the equivalent of mid-teens. She has a pair of feathery gills in her neck, and quite large pointed ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    At first, the ghoul is surprised! Something is coming up out of the depths! Then Annabelle tilts her head curiously at this newcomer, blinking. Some sort of... green person.

"YOU PUT THE FISH ON THERE?" she asks, still slightly confused.
    Taurus blinks in surprise as well at the marsh goblin's sudden appearance.
    "Ah. Well, thank you...what is your name, ma'am?" he asks, a bit thrown off his game.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items