New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG 79: So Lonely.

[Main Cabin]

Sophie leans back in her chair.
    I think I know of something that could help. It's a long shot, but possible. I'm cut off from my homeworld, which makes it difficult, but... well either way, we can try and come up with a substitute of sorts for your urge. But only if you really want to get rid of it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Man Cabin

Julie chews her bottom lip, half suspecting that Sophie is offering some sort of magical compulsion. It's tempting, but at the same time she has no idea what would happen if she eventually broke it, and the cravings came back full force.

"Maybe you should talk to Kate first. I'm not ruling your method out, whatever it is, but so long as I'm not being a hassle I think I'd like to try things the normal way first, before resorting to drastic measures."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Sophie nods. Julie's answer is fairly promising. Very well. Is there anything else you'd like to talk about?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #214

Main Cabin

What she wants to talk about? Well alright then.

"I'd like to get to know you a bit better, to be honest. If you're going to be working with me on this, or even just indirectly helping through Kate, I'd rather everything be honest and out in the open." Julie doesn't really say she's fishing for skeletons in Sophie's closet, she doesn't even imply it.

But the suspicion is there.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Sophie rubs her forehead. She doesn't blame Julie for asking. These days, she has a sneaking suspicion her sanity is sleeping. She fears she has grown too much in power and conviction to her cause.
    Alright. Let's start at the beginning. I came to the Nexus from a gloomy world where monsters hide under a masquerade of normalcy, putting the strings of unaware humanity. I was among the people chosen by mysterious Messengers to be the new champions of humanity and fight the darkness, called Hunters or Imbued. I'm one of the Hunters who believe in helping the victims and saving those supernatural creatures that can be helped.

6. - Top - End - #216

Main Cabin

"That explains why you came here I guess. So how did you go from doom and gloom to the Nexus?"

Julie shifts a bit as one of her legs begins to fall asleep.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Me, some other Hunters and a group of normal people fighting the same fight had cornered a sorcered who thought his powers gave him the right to treat people as his puppets. He assaulted us with magic, and one of his spells must have thrown me here somehow, Sophie explains. Someone was kind enough to guide me here and I thought this was the best place to keep following my ideals.

8. - Top - End - #218

Main Cabin

"And were you right about that?" That's the main thing isn't it? If Sophie is happy here, maybe after a period of adjustment Julie could be content here too. She really doesn't have any hope for herself actually redeeming, but if she could tone things down, keep it to just pranks and a bit of emotional manipulation, maybe they could tolerate her enough to find a place here.

It's better than going back to Inside. The memories there were too fresh, and the enemies too alive. She'd rather bare her neck to a vampire.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Sophie nods.
    I was. There's a lot to do here... and I couldn't stand idleness.

10. - Top - End - #220

Main Cabin

"Me either. I just hope I can find something more engaging than knitting to fill the time. Speaking of which, I should get started on that hat soon enough." Julie concentrates briefly, remembering exactly where her tailoring supplies are in relation to herself. A quick flame calling later, and they're sitting on her lap in a burst of fire, undamaged.

"Do you mind if I work while we talk? I promised Kate I'd make her something for when she stops by tomorrow."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Sophie shakes her head. She's not startled or even surprised by Julie's way of procuring her materials.
    Not at all. And if you don't mind me asking... how did you end up here? Did Kate bring you?

12. - Top - End - #222

Main Cabin

"I flew here, back when I was still light enough for that. Seemed like the safest place to go to get away from Magtok, and I really didn't have connections to anyone else. Eric introduced me to Kate just before everything went to hell, and she showed us around the camp grounds a bit." Julie begins taking out some bright yellow yarn and a pair of needles, and expertly starts to stitch. She isn't quick about it, but she's precise.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Hm, so the father of Julie's children is - was - named Eric. Good to know, but Sophie won't pry.
    Mhmm. This Kate sounds like a good person. I'll have to talk to her... and I think Magtok will leave you alone here. He seems to hold us in contempt... or, well, more contempt than he shows everyone else.

14. - Top - End - #224

Main Cabin

"Well then I guess I'll fit right in. Don't mind me if I'm being quiet alright? I can't really think of much else to say, but feel free to ask me some questions, or make small talk if you're bored."

Well, Julie would like to ask a few pointed questions about Reinholdt, but she isn't sure if that's covered under any kind of confidentiality agreement, and she knows easier ways to get information about the cat anyway.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Since Sophie's player can't really come up with anything, smalltalk probably happens and goes on for a while.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Oh hey, that was good! Way better looking than the first one I succeeded with." Natalie's lying; she doesn't know how she looked when she did her first one, and also she knows what to look for because she does it herself.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Huh. In our world, Fate is... closer to the collective unconsciousness of humanity than anything else."
    "In Creation, Fate is woven on the Celestial Loom..."
    And now Shrike launches into a lengthy explanation of this.

----

[Front Porch]

"...twenty-six."[/QUOTE]

"Really? Wow. Um...sorry if this was kinda a touchy subject?"
    As Jamie noticed Rose's hesitation.

====

[Main Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Oh hey, that was good! Way better looking than the first one I succeeded with." Natalie's lying; she doesn't know how she looked when she did her first one, and also she knows what to look for because she does it herself.
    "Thanks!" The Magical Girl blushes at her friend's compliment, and hands the cards back over to Natalie.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-01-28 at 05:55 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Thank you. Um, is there anything you want to do now?" Natalie's too low on magic to practice her magical magic tricks, so that's something she can't do, and she doesn't find the mundane ones as fun.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Well, I dunno." Jamie shrugs. "I was going to go for a hike in the woods, but I really don't have much of anything to do..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Susanna listens!

----
    "It's not that, it's just…"

Rose trails off here, unsure how to verbalise this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Well, if you want that hike, I'd be happy to join you." Natalie stands up and winces; she was sitting on her leg and now it's got pins and needles in it.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Cabin}

An onion rolls into the kitchen, delivering another bushell of onions.

A vine reaches out writes on the sign made by Pansy Applehill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign
    Onions provided by Vidalia acceptable.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #233

Kitchens

Some time after her talk with Sophie, Julie arrives back in the kitchens, still massively hungry even with all she's eaten today.

Well, such is the price a pregnant demon pays I suppose.

she may very well stumble across the onion and her payload of... onions just after she's finished writing. Julie prefers leeks herself, but isn't really in a picky mood.

"Now who leaves onions on the floor like that? Must be something Pansy thought up to deliver food while she was gone. I'll just put them away for when she gets back then." The succubus isn't really sure where they'd go, since she didn't see any onions in the pantry, but she'll find a place and tell Pansy later.

She goes to pick up the bushell of onions.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Cabin: Kitchen}

When Julie tries to pick Vidalia up, a whip-like vine appears and tries to slap Julie's hand away. I'm not with them. she rolls away from the others.

25. - Top - End - #235

Kitchens

Vidalia, if she can feel through her vines, will find that Julie's skin is hot to the touch. The succubus withdraws her hand though, inspecting it for any welts the lashing might have left.

"Well I can see that now. Never met an onion that could say no before, to be honest. Say, did you haul these in here? I need to know where to put them before I get supper on." Despite her surprise, Julie manages to be polite to the little vegetable. Not the weirdest thing she's seen around camp.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Susanna listens!
    And before long Shrike finishes her tale.
    And waits for a response.

[Front Porch]

"It's not that, it's just…"

Rose trails off here, unsure how to verbalise this.
    "Just what?" Jamie asks curiously.

====

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Well, if you want that hike, I'd be happy to join you." Natalie stands up and winces; she was sitting on her leg and now it's got pins and needles in it.
    "I'd love that," Jamie says happily. "It'll be good for your legs, too."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

{{I'd like to pause this to give Brianna a chance to catch up...}}

----

[Front Porch]

"Well... do you know what Exalted are?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Vidalia, if she can feel through her vines, will find that Julie's skin is hot to the touch. The succubus withdraws her hand though, inspecting it for any welts the lashing might have left.

"Well I can see that now. Never met an onion that could say no before, to be honest. Say, did you haul these in here? I need to know where to put them before I get supper on." Despite her surprise, Julie manages to be polite to the little vegetable. Not the weirdest thing she's seen around camp.
    Yes I did. Miss Applehill and I have an agreement. She won't grow her own onions, if I provide her with ones that have no life to give.

Vidalia grows into a beautiful young woman, vines covering her like a swimsuit. She reaches for the pregnant succubus' hand. Did I hurt you? I was only trying to ward you off. It should only have been a light snap.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Excellent! Hang on a moment, I'll just get ready." Natalie will put her magic book into her red rucksack and take out a pair of trainers and white socks, which she shall put on. The socks don't appear to have been washed in a while, but since Natalie generally goes around barefoot indoors, in trees and in short grass means it's unlikely that they're very smelly.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Kitchens

Yes I did. Miss Applehill and I have an agreement. She won't grow her own onions, if I provide her with ones that have no life to give.

Vidalia grows into a beautiful young woman, vines covering her like a swimsuit. She reaches for the pregnant succubus' hand. Did I hurt you? I was only trying to ward you off. It should only have been a light snap.
    Kitchens

On further examination, Julie's hand seems fine. It must have stung somewhat, but there were no marks left behind.

Julie takes a moment to cast her gaze over Vidalia as her hand is taken, and the vine covered young woman will feel some of the heat under Julie's skin bleed off into the air. Evidently she was warming herself somehow while outside, and doesn't feel the need to anymore.

"I suppose that makes a lot of sense, from what I know of Pansy. So are you a GLoG member? My name's Julie, by the way, nice to meet you."