New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    God, yes. I'd punch a baby to get OOTS dice!

Can't say I'm quite that enthusiastic for them, but if you doing it gets us OotS dice then I'll gladly pay for yours as a thank you.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #3452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    What time does it finish? And in what time zone are you (just so I can predict my own whereabouts)?
    12:03 PM, EST. I don't even know what my time zone is called.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3453
    Orc in the Playground

1 Signed Ornaments opened up at $240 (not by me). Be quick.

4. - Top - End - #3454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat
    12:03 PM, EST. I don't even know what my time zone is called.
    9:03 AM PST, aka Pacific Standard time.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

5. - Top - End - #3455

What time does it finish? And in what time zone are you (just so I can predict my own whereabouts)?
    This project will be funded on Tuesday Feb 21, 12:03pm EST. That's 17:03 in London.

EDIT: Ninja'd, but on the other hand, I did actually answer the question
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2012-02-20 at 05:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #3456
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm hoping for additional broke ass student packages, I'm currently sitting on a NCftPB book(only one I don't have) but that's gonna come at the cost of eating one meal every two days for the rest of the week, and I could certainly wait for the full print run for the book, so I've been contemplating dropping to a lower bid and something amazing like the student package would make my life.

tl;dr rich is the best for thinking of us poor college kids at all, which goes well with my general enjoyment of food.

operation refresh all day is a go.
    First Ever OotS Style Art!

You're all losing the game.

7. - Top - End - #3457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    This project will be funded on Tuesday Feb 21, 12:03pm EST. That's 17:03 in London.

EDIT: Ninja'd, but on the other hand, I did actually answer the question
    Damn, I'll just be leaving work, so I'll miss it too.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

8. - Top - End - #3458
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Um..., not gonna get this, hmm, no, nope, not gonna do it...

PLEDGE $675 OR MORE
    5 BACKERS • Limited Reward (5 of 10 remaining)
    PATIENCE for YOUR D&D PARTY: An original full-color crayon drawing of your D&D party (or party from another RPG, up to 6 characters) based on your descriptions, made and signed by Rich Burlew and shipped anywhere in the world, plus six Roy Greenhilt magnets, six of all the other free stuff, six art prints, six patches, and one copy of the Sticky Shticks expansion. No books or games added (no exceptions). (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    It's a good thing he says no books or games, or I might have done it, no, not going to do it.

Oh, and if anyone likes those ornaments, there's one up currently:

PLEDGE $240 OR MORE
    24 BACKERS • Limited Reward (1 of 25 remaining)
    A complete set of all 8 limited edition OOTS holiday ornaments from 2004 to 2011, signed by the artist, Rich Burlew, plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet. Add one copy of every OOTS books signed for $262 (or message me to add selected books only). (Ornaments must ship separately from books to avoid breakage. Canada/Mexico orders, please add $34 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $49.) [New reward! Added 1/27/12.]

9. - Top - End - #3459
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Well damn. I just did the counting-y stuff for when the Kickstarter ends. Three minutes after school starts tomorrow.

Three minutes.

I'M MISSING THE END OF THIS AMZING THIGN BY THREE ****ING MINUTES?!?!?! RAGE!
    Oh, don't be angry
    Could you maybe check on your phone under the desk, or take a laptop with you to "take notes"? Not that I endorse paying no attention in school (*whistles innocently* no, I did no such thing back in the day, wherever did you get such a preposterous idea? ), but this is HUGE.

10. - Top - End - #3460
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I hope rich or someone else informed read this and answer...

my credit card works on 90% of internet, but sometimes it's still refused. I assumed that since kickstarter let me pledge I wouldn't have problems, but the last update implies that it's not so and i will only find out at the actual payment.

What happens if my card is refused? will i lose all the stuff i pledged for, or shall i be able to still get it somehow?
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

11. - Top - End - #3461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post

my credit card works on 90% of internet, but sometimes it's still refused. I assumed that since kickstarter let me pledge I wouldn't have problems, but the last update implies that it's not so and i will only find out at the actual payment.

What happens if my card is refused? will i lose all the stuff i pledged for, or shall i be able to still get it somehow?
    Watch it to see if it goes through. You should get an email if it doesn't, and have a week to change it to another form of payment(presumably a card that does work).

12. - Top - End - #3462
    Dwarf in the Playground

You have a week after the drive ends to fix any problems with your card. I'm not sure how exactly that would work, though – maybe you can use a friend's card instead, maybe not. Hope this helps (at least a little). :/

13. - Top - End - #3463
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

You'll have seven days to try to fix the problem. Find an alternate source of payment, fix whatever problem is with your card, that sort of thing. Since I don't know your exact situation, I don't know if I can go into anymore details than that.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

14. - Top - End - #3464
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Not sure if this has been asked before, but will we be able to buy the reprints of the Oots books even if we don't contribute?

15. - Top - End - #3465
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurne View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but will we be able to buy the reprints of the Oots books even if we don't contribute?
    That's the whole point of the Kickstarter Appeal: to reprint the out-of-print and get them to stores!

16. - Top - End - #3466
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

That's the whole point! When printing is completed, full runs of the books will be available through Rich's online store at Ookoodook and at fine gaming shops the world over.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

17. - Top - End - #3467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurne View Post
    Yes, after the drive is over the books are going onto Ookoodook & to assorted tabletop games retailers around the world.

Except Snips, Snails & Dragon Tails, which will probably be out of stock by the end of the drive and isn't being reprinted.

18. - Top - End - #3468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oo, tick tock goes the clock.

I'm getting anxious now.

19. - Top - End - #3469

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    9:03 AM PST, aka Pacific Standard time.
    Really? then I'm an hour off. I'll be an hour and three minutes into classes by then.

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    Oh, don't be angry
    Could you maybe check on your phone under the desk, or take a laptop with you to "take notes"? Not that I endorse paying no attention in school (*whistles innocently* no, I did no such thing back in the day, wherever did you get such a preposterous idea? ), but this is HUGE.
    No phone, no laptop. also, that class is PE, so notes are something like "IF YOU CAN'T RUN FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES STRAIGHT WITHOUT STOPPING I'M DROPPING YOU TO A B".

Oh well. I guess that just means I'll have to soak it up now instead.

I'm holding the Kickstarter fully responsible for all the homework I miss.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #3470
    Titan in the Playground

No phone, no laptop. also, that class is PE, so notes are something like "IF YOU CAN'T RUN FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES STRAIGHT WITHOUT STOPPING I'M DROPPING YOU TO A B".

Graded PE lessons?

21. - Top - End - #3471
    Ogre in the Playground

Only $2420/hour now!

22. - Top - End - #3472
    Dwarf in the Playground

Urgh, that sucks. (We did nothing but play volleyball in PE. I'm terrible at volleyball; I caught the ball with my nose at least once every game. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of PE. )

I'll think of you during the last minutes of the drive. Promise

23. - Top - End - #3473
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Really? then I'm an hour off. I'll be an hour and three minutes into classes by then.

I'm sure someone is taking up my suggestion to craft a digital scrapbook, so the final moments will be well documented.

Its also Mardi Gras. So there will be the most ultimate celebration party occurring, mayhapse not for the completion of the drive, but an ultimate celebration nonetheless and you will be fashionably late
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

24. - Top - End - #3474

Pretty sure this is answered somewhere and Icouldn't find it: are the digital prizes (3 background stories, 1 O-Chul story, wallpapers, mini-monsters, etc) for everyone above $10? I think that was it, but I'm not sure.

I'd really like OotS minimonsters! I even used a oots wight in a Maptools game recently.

25. - Top - End - #3475
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

So someone posted this one:

Spoiler
    Show

At this point the 2000% is clearly within reach, it looks like we'll get there in 7-8 hours if this keeps up, especially if those 5 PATIENCE for YOUR D&D PARTY at $675 get picked up.

The spreadsheet has us as missing it by $13k, but its projection has been going up by $6k an hour, which would actually give us a final of $1.225M to $1.25M, so, all in all, I won't be surprised if we break 1 and a quarter million.

26. - Top - End - #3476
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    I'm sure someone is taking up my suggestion to craft a digital scrapbook, so the final moments will be well documented.
    ^ THIS.

And if they do, they need to send it to the Giant so he can send it to everyone! Yay!

27. - Top - End - #3477

DruidGuy

Yes, after the drive is over the books are going onto Ookoodook & to assorted tabletop games retailers around the world.

Except Snips, Snails & Dragon Tails, which will probably be out of stock by the end of the drive and isn't being reprinted.
    Cool. I already have SS&DT, so I will buy them off of Ookoodook. I'll make a contribution tomorrow morning :P

28. - Top - End - #3478
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I think it's funny that a lot of people are taking note of this, frankly, outstanding Kickstarter result, yet a lot of them, even Forbes, miss one crucial thing that the Giant has been doing all the way through the pledge and is still doing right now. He's making it into a game. A game you can only play by pledging even more money. And that is just sheer brilliance.

Look at this thread as evidence. Each new goal pops up and we go into a frenzy trying to hit it. I'm not immune either, I would probably be a level or two lower if it hadn't been for this. I most likely wouldn't have registered to the forums either. And we're still at it. There's another line to hunt, can we beat 2000% funding? (Look at that number, by the way... 2000% funding! That's a crazy number!)

I'm impressed. The Giant is, perhaps intentionally, perhaps not, giving a masterclass in using game aspects outside games. Shouldn't be surprising, really, he's not just a great webcomic artist, he's also a game designer. That and he's so playing to the audience. A lot of us here like games. And swag. The tiered rewards is a great idea, too. I'm not sure if turning it into a game will work for all projects, I suspect it might not, but for this particular one, it's perfect.
    Last edited by McNum; 2012-02-20 at 06:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #3479
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrunner View Post
    Pretty sure this is answered somewhere and Icouldn't find it: are the digital prizes (3 background stories, 1 O-Chul story, wallpapers, mini-monsters, etc) for everyone above $10? I think that was it, but I'm not sure.

I'd really like OotS minimonsters! I even used a oots wight in a Maptools game recently.
    everyone who pledges $10 or more.

(predicting ninjas)

Edit: If everyone just adds $2 to their pledge then we will get 300 more minitures.
    Can't beat that price.

What do you think the odds of more Patient crayon drawings coming out? I decided I would really like a haley and V sketch
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-20 at 06:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #3480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VinRaven View Post

Spoiler
    Show

1. Please spoiler to avoid screen stretching.

2. Is that real? It seems improbable that the pledges would land so precisely.