New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3841
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by peshk View Post
    I think we broke this site, too.
    At least it took me several minutes to post this ^^
    There's a reason why Rich was considering using some of the excess funds to help with the Forum Architecture here.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #3842
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I think besides the success of the project, Rich also has a bunch of new forumites...myself included. :) So...will Kickstarter become fixed enough so that Rich can give us our last update?
    He just did :)

Congratulations, Rich!

3. - Top - End - #3843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, that final graph is awesome.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

4. - Top - End - #3844
    Pixie in the Playground

Ha, I knew it. He is just THAT kind of person.

Thanks Rich!

5. - Top - End - #3845
    Troll in the Playground

And look at that the mystery gift? it was at 1.25 mil all along. Funny, how these eyes play tricks on you.

6. - Top - End - #3846

PaladinGuy

Ha! He moved the line!

Thank you!

7. - Top - End - #3847
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    (What, that Mystery Prize at $1,250,000? That was always there. I don't know what you're talking about.

Rich is AWESOME!

But you will have to wait a day or two before I tell you what it is.)
    I'M ANTICIPATING!

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

8. - Top - End - #3848
    Ogre in the Playground

Rich engaged in a little Retconjuration there.

Well that was an engaging 31 days.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

9. - Top - End - #3849
    Halfling in the Playground

Update #28 is up on kickstar!

Rich, it's been one [heck] of a ride. I do not envy the work you have ahead of you. I hope everyone remembers to be patient.

That is a metric ton of swag headed our way. I for one am really looking forward to the Sticky Shticks!

Absolutely awesome.

Incredible.

:)

10. - Top - End - #3850
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurne View Post
    I've lurked on here for a long time, posting very infrequently - in fact I've doubled my postcount simply by asking questions in this thread.

And I just want to say, Giant

Thank You.

Thank you for every time I've come home to find a new comic to cheer me up. Thank you for all those enjoyable hours I've spent reading the archives instead of doing work. Thank you for every silly moment, every fantastic joke, every bit of clever wordplay, every pun that made me cringe.

Thank you for every bit of deadpan snark from Roy, every bit of unadulterated greed from Haley, every bit of boundless optimism from Elan, every bit of magical arrogance from Vaarsuvius, every bit of dour Dwarfishness from Durkon, every bit of amusing psychopathy from Belkar and every bit of incredible, mad, hilarious evil from Xykon.

And thank you for those rare moments when the group gets over their collective squabbles, or a character gets over their personal issues, and they prove that, despite the character flaws, the difficulties with alignment and their utter unsuitability for the job, the Order is a group of true heroes. Thank you for those awesome moments.

Thank you for every minute of time you have put into this labour of love of yours. Many times I have asked myself how one manages to do what you do, and I have never come up with a satisfactory answer. I simply can't understand how you do it - but I don't mind, because I know you will still do it, and in a few days I'll have another strip to read, and laugh at, and be amazed by.

Thank you.
    Amen brother.
    Let Belkar live!

Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

11. - Top - End - #3851
    Pixie in the Playground

I just got confirmation on my big pledge. Now waiting for confirmation on the small one.

Also, comments are working over there again.

12. - Top - End - #3852
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I've lurked on here for a long time, posting very infrequently - in fact I've doubled my postcount simply by asking questions in this thread.

Thank You.

Thank you for every time I've come home to find a new comic to cheer me up. Thank you for all those enjoyable hours I've spent reading the archives instead of doing work. Thank you for every silly moment, every fantastic joke, every bit of clever wordplay, every pun that made me cringe.

Thank you for every bit of deadpan snark from Roy, every bit of unadulterated greed from Haley, every bit of boundless optimism from Elan, every bit of magical arrogance from Vaarsuvius, every bit of dour Dwarfishness from Durkon, every bit of amusing psychopathy from Belkar and every bit of incredible, mad, hilarious evil from Xykon.

And thank you for those rare moments when the group gets over their collective squabbles, or a character gets over their personal issues, and they prove that, despite the character flaws, the difficulties with alignment and their utter unsuitability for the job, the Order is a group of true heroes. Thank you for those awesome moments.

Thank you for every minute of time you have put into this labour of love of yours. Many times I have asked myself how one manages to do what you do, and I have never come up with a satisfactory answer. I simply can't understand how you do it - but I don't mind, because I know you will still do it, and in a few days I'll have another strip to read, and laugh at, and be amazed by.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archwizard View Post
    Amen brother.
    Co-signed.

13. - Top - End - #3853
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Giant, if you're reading this, I just want to join the crowd and thank you for making such a wonderful, funny, and brilliantly written comic that we all enjoy and love. It was my absolute pleasure to contribute to the fundraiser. Incidentally, it is also why I finally decided the join the forum.

Also, thank you for being a kind and merciful Giant god and rewriting reality so that final line on the chart was always there at 1 million, 250 grand.

Because if we had never gotten to know what Mystery Prize #9 was, I honestly think it would've driven me mad.
    Last edited by Darwyn; 2012-02-21 at 12:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #3854

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    I'M ANTICIPATING!
    As am I. My pledge of a baker's gross ($169) for a "Patience for a Signed Art Print" has been collected and I'm tallying for all the extras I'm requesting.

I eagerly await the PDFs and other digital downloads to tide me over.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

15. - Top - End - #3855
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Awesome job, everyone. Especially you, Rich.

Also, I love how the bearded guard from On the Origins of the PC's is also lining up for a kick.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

16. - Top - End - #3856
    Titan in the Playground

[late]WOO! [/late]

With my payment through I am officially Backer #121.

It was an honour serving with you all, may we do it again some day.

Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

17. - Top - End - #3857
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Yes my prepaid credit card was accepted. I am (as soon as it is in) the proud owner of the print only books + all swag yeah.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

18. - Top - End - #3858

Thank You.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archwizard View Post
    Amen brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Co-signed.
    Hear, hear.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

19. - Top - End - #3859
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Wow - I never thought a Kickstarter drive would be exciting, much less keep me hammering the F5 key for 2 days straight. Well done Giant, well done!

20. - Top - End - #3860
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    Yes my prepaid credit card was accepted. I am (as soon as it is in) the proud owner of the print only books + all swag yeah.
    Told ya not to worry.

21. - Top - End - #3861
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    EDIT 2: It looks like somehow my total was off a little; I'll fix the chart.
    We definately broke KickStarter. I have screenshots of the $80 pledge with 251 out of 250 backers at 1 minute before that fixed itself. And saved screenshots of the (at least) two different totals in the funding.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

22. - Top - End - #3862
    Pixie in the Playground

I managed to pledge just a few hours before the end. And I'm happy that I finally did it.

23. - Top - End - #3863
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If that goblin ninja was on a crutch with one leg missing it would be that much more hilarious.
    The rules of the game are only what the current participants agree they should be, remember this. The rulebook for whatever you play are only suggestions.

Currently playing as the Maya in GMR game #6.

24. - Top - End - #3864
    Troll in the Playground

Yes!!! So happy that this made it so far! My confirmation emails have come through. Now I'm waiting for the charges to completely make it through my bank. Then the patient wait for a ton of great stuff!

Thanks for so many great comics!!!
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

25. - Top - End - #3865
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I am so glad that I got to be a part of this! I wish I had more money to pledge, but it was wonderful to see so many people kick in to help...and I've got some great swag that will make a wonderful birthday present for my daughter.

26. - Top - End - #3866

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Rich engaged in a little Retconjuration there.
    Ahhh, it's nothing really. Author is a Tier 1 class.

27. - Top - End - #3867
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arg, one of the payments failed. I have enough money though, and the other pledge succeeded, so I'm hoping this matter can be solved quickly.

Life, however, has taught me to expect the worse.

28. - Top - End - #3868
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wooot! I'ma get both prequels, all 4 currently out books, a coloring book, a patch, stickers and all those PDF stories! =D
    Considering I had never bought anything of Rich's until the Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails book I'm happy to say I now own everything =D
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

29. - Top - End - #3869
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't wait to get the survey so I can order my patches.

30. - Top - End - #3870
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Shouldn't my account be charged by now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I really would rather Tarquin finally just went all George R. R. Martin on Nale.
    That's right - George R. R. Martin; a writer so ruthless, his name is a verb akin to Samuel L. Jackson. Valar morghulis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The only thing worse than the usual irrelevant rules pedantry is incorrect irrelevant rules pedantry.