New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 154055565758596061626364656667686970717273747590115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1921
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

There are now 1337 people going for the $10 pledge.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

2. - Top - End - #1922
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    There are now 1337 people going for the $10 pledge.
    With $25 steadily gaining because of everyone who figures all the extra stuff is worth another $15.

I find it interesting that relatively very few people are interested in two magnets compared to the one.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-06 at 02:07 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1923
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Holy Crap! Almost 500K

Giant, at this point I'd be reduced to constantly giggling and dancing the money dance. I shoulda been a comic artist....

I've gone ahead and put my $10 in, although I'm overseas and unlikely to see any physical bribes.

4. - Top - End - #1924
    Ogre in the Playground

What makes you say that? You're definately getting a fridge magnet at least. Water is no boundary on this project.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

5. - Top - End - #1925
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

If you want the physical goodies but live overseas, you can still get them. You just have to add $10 on top of whichever pledge amount you choose.

6. - Top - End - #1926
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Red XIV View Post
    If you want the physical goodies but live overseas, you can still get them. You just have to add $10 on top of whichever pledge amount you choose.
    No, you have to add what is specified on the pledge amount you choose. The magnet doesn't require extra shipping and if you get other physical goodies, the amount for shipping will depend on what, exactly, you're getting.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

7. - Top - End - #1927
    Banned

Flumph

Default Re: Question about fundraiser shwag

Quote Originally Posted by jere7my View Post
    Rich said he would like to put the leftover notepads and such up at the store, once all the Kickstarter craziness was over. This doesn't mean it'll definitely happen, but it does mean he's thinking about it.
    I can't imagine there being many leftovers, considering the ridiculous number of people who donated.

8. - Top - End - #1928
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CheezItMan View Post
    Holy Crap! Almost 500K

Giant, at this point I'd be reduced to constantly giggling and dancing the money dance. I shoulda been a comic artist....

I've gone ahead and put my $10 in, although I'm overseas and unlikely to see any physical bribes.
    Shipping for the magnet (wich is the only physical reward at the $10 level) is paid for by The Giant, so you will get that.

If you want the "free" physical rewards, you need to pledge for (and pay shipping on) at least the $25 poster, + $10 shipping.

You could also pledge $26+$10 for "On the origin of PCs" + the rewards, or $29+$10 for Start of Darkness + the rewards (I strongly recommend this option if you don't have SoD already, it is a great book, even better than OtOoPCs wich was already very good).
    Nothing to see here, move along.

9. - Top - End - #1929
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey thread campers,

Rich posted on the Kickstarter page saying the update will be after sleep. So late this afternoon/tonight for the American types. :P Basically midnight for the European crowd. :)
    When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Avatar designed by the talented Ceika

10. - Top - End - #1930
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    Hey thread campers,

Rich posted on the Kickstarter page saying the update will be after sleep. So late this afternoon/tonight for the American types. :P Basically midnight for the European crowd. :)
    Good grief, it's 9 am in Philadelphia. That means he just spent the entire night answering emails. Oh, and doing the comic, but I hope that is enjoyable for Rich.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

11. - Top - End - #1931
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Question about fundraiser shwag

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I can't imagine there being many leftovers, considering the ridiculous number of people who donated.
    Depends how many he prints, doesn't it? Those notebooks don't exist yet, so when the time comes to mail them out he can print off as many as he likes and has money to pay for...

12. - Top - End - #1932
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ArtosSwiftblade View Post
    Hey thread campers,

He also posted the same in the starting thread message for the new strip #833 -- you did notice the new strip this morning, right?
    Last edited by SteveDJ; 2012-02-06 at 10:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1933
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Rich just wants to wait until we hit #6 on the Kickstarter Top Ten.
    - The Flying Kipper

14. - Top - End - #1934
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I just did some quick adding in my head; We could be looking at around up to 2000 orders on Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails. I hope Rich has enough.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

15. - Top - End - #1935
    Barbarian in the Playground

For people asking about shipping cost increases: If Rich is shipping stuff via USPS Priority Mail flat-rate packaging, as long as he can fit the rewards into a given package, shipping does not increase for that package. If he has to change from the flat-rate envelope to the flat-rate small box, shipping will go up.

Which is why some of the updates have mentioned if you're already getting at least 1 8x10-ish item, you'll also get the coloring book; it can be added to a flat-rate priority mail envelope without affecting the shipping cost.
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

16. - Top - End - #1936
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    While some vendors may, in practice, refuse to accept a prepaid Visa or Mastercard, this is typically in violation of the vendor's contract with Visa or Mastercard.

If you were to report to Visa that a given merchant refused a prepaid card, there is a legitimate danger that that vendor would have his contract with Visa revoked. If you have a problem getting your card accepted, call the card issuer and let them know that you're being refused. Visa//Mastercard do not take kindly to vendors turning down their customers.

Again, it has nothing to do with the laws of a given country, and everything to do with the terms of the contracts vendors sign with the card issuers. If you're turned down, call the card issuer, and they'll find a way to get your prepaid card accepted.
    This is exactly correct. I work for a credit processor, and you'd be amazed by how many merchants get their ability to process credit revoked because they thought they didn't have to follow the contract they signed. Consumers would be well served to read and understand what merchants are and are not allowed to do. Most credit rules are written to protect the consumer.

17. - Top - End - #1937
    Halfling in the Playground

Halfway point statistics:

6749 backers break down as over 281 a day, nearly 12 an hour or one every 5 minutes and 7 seconds.

$485405 and the halfway point breaks down as $32360 a day, $1348 an hour, $22 a minute or a dollar every two and two thirds seconds.

And that's $71.92 a backer.

18. - Top - End - #1938

A signed W&XP has been available for about half an hour.

19. - Top - End - #1939

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Khayyinn View Post
    This is exactly correct. I work for a credit processor, and you'd be amazed by how many merchants get their ability to process credit revoked because they thought they didn't have to follow the contract they signed. Consumers would be well served to read and understand what merchants are and are not allowed to do. Most credit rules are written to protect the consumer.
    Also, you'd be shocked at how many vendors don't want to go toe-to-toe with a major credit organization. I can't help but feel sorry for the defendant on any docket where the plaintiff reads: VISA. Even if they were in the wrong to begin with.

20. - Top - End - #1940
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Alright, insane followers of OOTS; We have less than $500 to go until we crack the top 6. Hop to it!
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

21. - Top - End - #1941
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually, we cracked it about $800 ago! The chart is in error on this one; the CineSkates only (only!) raised $486,518, which we passed some time in the last hour.

But still: green line! Let's break the green line!

22. - Top - End - #1942

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Alright, insane followers of OOTS; We have less than $500 to go until we crack the top 6. Hop to it!
    We have cracked it. Rich had a typo and wrote it down a 1000 too high.

23. - Top - End - #1943
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Only about 11.5K to go until we hit the Half Million Dollar mark, along with the next mystery prize!

Come on, let's beat Rich to it!

24. - Top - End - #1944
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Why not print book #5?

I really would like to pledge more than 10$, but I already have all the books (including the three small ones), and I would not know where to put an art print or the like.
    But since the end of the last book, there have accumulated quite a lot of strips - I mean, why not make a book #5 part of this kickstarter?

25. - Top - End - #1945
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Why not print book #5?

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_Squared View Post
    I really would like to pledge more than 10$, but I already have all the books (including the three small ones), and I would not know where to put an art print or the like.
    But since the end of the last book, there have accumulated quite a lot of strips - I mean, why not make a book #5 part of this kickstarter?
    That was already discussed before - Rich does not want to take money for a book without knowing when it will be printed etc. There were some issues with the last book he took preordes for, so he will print number 5 when it's time for it and sell it after that.

26. - Top - End - #1946
    Dwarf in the Playground

But since the end of the last book, there have accumulated quite a lot of strips
    ...But not enough for Book Five. If I'm not mistaken, we've still got one HUGE plot arc to go before the end of that book, which is presumably going to be when everyone comes together at Girard's Gate. Plus a few denouement strips afterwards.

But I'm sure there will be new pledge rewards added that AREN'T books which you might have more use for; there are the multi-packs of notepads, coloring books, etc. that the Giant promised on Friday, or even more swagalicious things to come, I'm sure. The drive is only half over, after all!

27. - Top - End - #1947

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Advance Strat.. View Post
    Only about 11.5K to go until we hit the Half Million Dollar mark, along with the next mystery prize!
    That's a dizzying number...

And, with half the drive left to go, we're less than $100K away from breaking into the Top 5 Kickstarters of all time!

28. - Top - End - #1948
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    That's a dizzying number...

And, with half the drive left to go, we're less than $100K away from breaking into the Top 5 Kickstarters of all time!
    Speaking of halfway, half of the current #1 slot is $471,289.

That means that if we can maintain this momentum, this can become the biggest Kickstarter to date.

29. - Top - End - #1949
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Do like me, then.

Get "THE WHOLE STORY" for a friend.

PS: Rich already said why he's not making the next book as part of the Kickstarter. He said he can't take money for producing something that is not finished and ready yet, that he doesn't know when it will be, and that he doesn't even know if it will be the next book he makes.
    Last edited by Raistlin82; 2012-02-06 at 03:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1950

We probably won't be able to keep our momentum...

But let's reach half a million before the next update.