New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 90 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40658081828384858687888990919293949596979899100115 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2671
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Question, I don't want to pay an extra $10 for international delivery (I'm a student, money is tight) and I don't particularly care about getting a fridge magnet. Can I do something to let someone know that I'll just take the pdf files and not pay postage?

2. - Top - End - #2672
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

Keep in mind that x*10$ + y*7 of the total sadly will go straight to international shipping. That leaves the pledge at a good less than what the gross total gain will show.

3. - Top - End - #2673
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    Question, I don't want to pay an extra $10 for international delivery (I'm a student, money is tight) and I don't particularly care about getting a fridge magnet. Can I do something to let someone know that I'll just take the pdf files and not pay postage?
    For teh 10dollar thing you only pay 10 bucks for the PDF's and the magnet, nothing extra. But when the adresquery comes you can ask for no Magnet.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

4. - Top - End - #2674
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Would using the image of the patch as an avatar for the next few days to celebrate the end of the drive run into the "stay away from Rich's copyrights" thing?
    In a Kickstarter comment, Rich has specifically given permission for this usage. At the moment, it's the second comment here.

5. - Top - End - #2675
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    For teh 10dollar thing you only pay 10 bucks for the PDF's and the magnet, nothing extra. But when the adresquery comes you can ask for no Magnet.
    I'm guessing "adresquery" means "asking for your address"? Cool, I'm learning Dutch!

But Duskranger is right: you don't pay any shipping on the $10 pledge regardless of where you are in the world. Though if you really don't want the magnet, just say that on the survey they'll send you once the drive closes.

6. - Top - End - #2676
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ella ventic View Post
    I'm guessing "adresquery" means "asking for your address"? Cool, I'm learning Dutch!

But Duskranger is right: you don't pay any shipping on the $10 pledge regardless of where you are in the world. Though if you really don't want the magnet, just say that on the survey they'll send you once the drive closes.
    Nope sorry, if I was speaking Dutch I would say vragen om je adres (which means: Asking for your adress).

But I wrote it down in a wrong way, since I meant indeed what you thought I meant, if you want to learn Dutch though, shoot me a PM :P
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

7. - Top - End - #2677
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    Nope sorry, if I was speaking Dutch I would say vragen om je adres (which means: Asking for your adress).
    Aww. And here I thought I had special language skills. :) But now I've looked it up, so I know: "question/query = vraag"! There. NOW I've learned some Dutch.

8. - Top - End - #2678
    Halfling in the Playground

We've almost broken the last graph!

9. - Top - End - #2679
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post
    Who was the artist? The torch-wielding OoTS mob needs to get together and go write nasty things in their comments section.
    That's a bad idea, and not the right tack to take at all.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

10. - Top - End - #2680
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think we'll break 1M, but the end total will still be nothing short of amazing.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

11. - Top - End - #2681
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    That's a bad idea, and not the right tack to take at all.
    It was intended as a joke; I wasn't aware that people had actually done that.

12. - Top - End - #2682
    Dwarf in the Playground

I participated 295 reward level + 1 patch. We are so close come on eveypony everyone up your pledge by $10 and lets put this in the top 3.

Also, I knew I had my avatar lying around somewhere.
    Long time game. Usually lurker.

13. - Top - End - #2683
    Bugbear in the Playground

Average dollars per hour needed to reach $1,000,000 as of 70 hours left: 1459.13
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

14. - Top - End - #2684
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmm. About 102,000 to go until we reach 1,000,000. Let's hope there'll be more prizes, Im sure everyone wants to give the Giant more money.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #2685
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    In a Kickstarter comment, Rich has specifically given permission for this usage. At the moment, it's the second comment here.
    Good to know, cheers.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

16. - Top - End - #2686
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post
    Who was the artist? The torch-wielding OoTS mob needs to get together and go write nasty things in their comments section.
    <grabs his pitchfork>

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    They already did, that's one of the reasons the Giant locked the thread.
    <looks at pitchfork>
    <sighs>

Man, I'm never going to get to use this thing.

17. - Top - End - #2687

BarbarianGuy

I think it may have a chance to hit $1,000,000. In the past 9 hours, it has gone up like $10,000 to $20,000 ( I was real tired when I went to bed so don't remember the exact amount). If you go with $15,000 every 9 hours by the time the drive ends we're looking at a little over $1M. I know the rate will more than likely slow down before the end, but Rich also said there will be another reward level, so this will boost pledges again.

18. - Top - End - #2688
    Ogre in the Playground

The average hourly intake to hit $1m has dropped to $1436/h.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

19. - Top - End - #2689

And what is the current average of money raised per hour?

I hope there will be more rewards added. A good surge could easily send this up to 1000k
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #2690
    Ogre in the Playground

Update! And...we beat Rich.

Well he has one final Mystery Prize...if we hit the big One Mil. Also he talks of "Patience" awards which will be done after everything else. Also we can buy him that Cintaq!

EDIT: Achievement Unlocked: It's over Nine (Hundred) Thousand!

Now I'll say it.
    Last edited by RMS Oceanic; 2012-02-18 at 02:32 PM.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

21. - Top - End - #2691

Patience Packages! Dang it, now I'll won't be able to pry myself away from the computer at all for the entire weekend!

EDIT: Ooh, $900,000!

EDIT 2: First Patience Prize is up already!
    Last edited by Timeless Error; 2012-02-18 at 02:31 PM.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!

22. - Top - End - #2692
    Ettin in the Playground

And now we have Mystery Prize #8 on target. Let's get cracking, people!

And $900,000 is broken.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2012-02-18 at 02:34 PM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

23. - Top - End - #2693
    Ogre in the Playground

Gaming groups ahoy, 1 of the 5 new drawings of groups is already gone.

24. - Top - End - #2694
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (You Defeated The Giant in the Playground)
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-18 at 02:36 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

25. - Top - End - #2695
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, if he expands the character crayon drawings category, I may abandon my autographed books in favour of getting them, since I got a little cashback from the legal fees for my mortgage which makes up for having to replace my car radio.
    - The Flying Kipper

26. - Top - End - #2696
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Hmm, if he expands the character crayon drawings category, I may abandon my autographed books in favour of getting them, since I got a little cashback from the legal fees for my mortgage which makes up for having to replace my car radio.
    PLEDGE $600 OR MORE
    6 BACKERS • Limited Reward (4 of 10 remaining)
    An original full-color crayon drawing of your D&D party (or party from another RPG, up to 6 characters) based on your descriptions, made and signed by Rich Burlew and shipped anywhere in the world, plus 6 Roy Greenhilt magnets. (If you want autographed copies of War and XPs, add $40 per copy; limit 6.)

Might want to get cracking.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-18 at 02:36 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

27. - Top - End - #2697
    Ogre in the Playground

I take it all back. I think we'll hit 1M.

28. - Top - End - #2698

I've got to be honest, I... I kind of expected Rich to stay away for making the big one million a goal. It'd be too much of a disappointment if it wasn't reached.

But...

But...

We might just make it. We really, really could.

And that would be absolutely amazing .

29. - Top - End - #2699

Dammit, I just got over my desire to spend all my money on the high end special OoTS stuff, and now there's more of them?!?!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-18 at 02:44 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #2700

BarbarianGuy

WOW Poor Rich is going to get no sleep in the next 68ish hours. Adding new pledge levels every few hours and a new mystery prize at $1,000,000 and a possible mystery prize 7.5. I'm even more postive we'll hit the $1,000,000 mark.

EDIT: It's gone up $2000ish in like 5 minutes. WOOT
    Last edited by Balain; 2012-02-18 at 02:48 PM.