New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXIX

The Glory Fields

Ilpholin remembered the detail, but the irony of a one-two punch like that working was too good to pass up.

But she grunts in pain, before her eyes roll back and her head lolls forward, falling limp.

At least she has the good sense to stop bleeding all over Gordon's claws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Chezmarine View Post
    "Yes. In Order for her Dominance to have meaning to Me, She has to Earn it... Which she did for a while. Until she lost it by leaving the Nexus, if only temporarily. When she got back, she needed to win it again. And instead she fired me."
    Westlanna stops in her tracks and turns to look at Ashtrek again. "Wait... she didn't fire you the first time you challenged her dominance? ... .... ... Wow...."

She shakes her head a little, and makes her tone less incredulous and more soft and understanding before she continues speaking.

"That is rare in human society. She was being very understanding by human social standards... that would be the equivalent of an Alpha quietly tolerating a lower-ranking pack member's first attack because she believes the other member will learn her lesson with naught but a stern talking to."

[Random Spot]

The tiny, dizzy dragon spots Thenadier and scampers after him. When it catches up, it will try to scamper in front of him and squeek at him, demanding attention.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Random Flowery Field

And this is where Colin and Banana Cream Pie end up for their picnic.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Random Path

Thenadíer recoils ay the sight of the tiny reptile. Ah! What are you?!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Random Spot]

It merely looks up at him with its big, soft, Bambi eyes and replies "Squeek?"
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Random Path
    Uh...do you want food?!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Random Spot]

Its eyes widen at the mention of food, and it starts to nod 'yes'... then it thinks again and shakes its head 'no'. It is too dizzy to eat.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Random Path

Yes...and no?¡

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Westlanna stops in her tracks and turns to look at Ashtrek again. "Wait... she didn't fire you the first time you challenged her dominance? ... .... ... Wow...."

She shakes her head a little, and makes her tone less incredulous and more soft and understanding before she continues speaking.

"That is rare in human society. She was being very understanding by human social standards... that would be the equivalent of an Alpha quietly tolerating a lower-ranking pack member's first attack because she believes the other member will learn her lesson with naught but a stern talking to."
    "The first one was a Staring Contest. Stupid Bugs." The Wolfess said.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

Becky, who has been munching popcorn and watching this whole time (no, really)? gets an angry look on her face, and the shadows around her twitch.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

Lily, who hasn't really done much this entire match will sit down next to Becky and say, "Hey there, mind if I have some?" she indicates the popcorn, looking a bit hungry herself.

((Do you need a description of Lily?))
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #132

Gory Fields

In counter-point, Prometheus can barely feel a thing as he pulls free of Gordon's talons to rise to his feet, reaching for the .50 caliber pistol clipped to the side of his belt. If anything, the primary sensation afflicting his mind is a mix of weariness and rage, of the growing exhaustion left by blood loss and the sheer anger incited by Magtok's offered bargain. As if. As if he, Prometheus, would ever surrender, much less to a half-mechanical, pompous prat!

"Never." In a single swift motion he's drawn the gun, switching on two other little gizmos attached to the utility belt in the process, an anti-teleport field reaching across the battleground as he takes aim and begins to empty the gun's magazine, round after round sent flying in the direction of Ilpholin's skull, both to ensure that she stays down and to emphasize that he shall never in a million years take orders from her.

"I have no intention of surrender, for I have not a flicker of doubt to assail my mind. I do not need to surrender, for I am in no danger of losing this little game. Because when everything is broken down into the essential facts of reality, I do not lose. And because you, for all your posing and prancing, your glibly spoken words, you are just that- Empty words with no action nor conviction to back them with, a pathetic little tin man boasting of power he does not have. Speak all you like, for I shall not be listening!"

----

Meanwhile, outside the forcefield, his minions begin to arrive, four battlemages warping in at the edges of the anti-teleport zone. Here to ensure no interference, no doubt.

Outside Trog's

A harsh glare originally meant for Chez is turned instead on this mysterious lady who seems to know each and every one of them, as well as an equally suspicious glance at Drift, Kale instantly taking this as evidence of the drow selling them out.

"Who the eff are- Is about as far as Kale gets before Chez fires, cutting short his accusatory greeting.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-01-31 at 01:32 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Trogs

Marty recoils at the sound of silence Chez's gun booming as it's fired. He fumbles with his gun. He's thinking about the "Insane" remark. I'm not crazy.....Am I?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Lily, who hasn't really done much this entire match will sit down next to Becky and say, "Hey there, mind if I have some?" she indicates the popcorn, looking a bit hungry herself.

((Do you need a description of Lily?))
    Becky yawns at Prometheus' grandstanding, and holds out the box of popcorn in Lily's directly. "Sure, help yourself. It's a Bottomless Box."

And yes, she does require a description, as the somewhat scantily-swathed shadowcaster surreptitiously surveills Lily.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-01-31 at 01:28 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

Lily will sit down next to Becky and take the box of popcorn, pushing some into her mouth.

Lily is extremely slim, and For the most part doesn't have much to look at... except for her chest. Her chest is quite large, and that is the only part of her body that isn't stick thin, giving the impression that her breasts are even larger than they are. Her skin is also creamy and silky smooth, free of imperfections through what is effectively divine gift. Her hair is the color of ash, hanging loosely around her head, and her slitted eyes are a similar color. she wears a black and golden robe on the outside of her body; anything else is invisible underneath, hidden by the magical folds of cloth.

Finally, she has an effect on her called Archer's Lust. To any scoundrel, liar, thief, or rogue, she becomes very attractive. if it's someone interested in women, it'll be sexual attraction, but otherwise it just makes her an attractive target.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-31 at 01:39 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

Scoundrel? Check.

Intrerested in women? Check.

"Now why haven't we met before this, hm? I'm Becky, Becky O'Brien." And the red-eyed, pale-skinned, black-haired shadowmancer offers a hand for the taking!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

"Lily Vaula," she says, shaking Becky's hand, "Second Circle Archmage. I was wondering about your view on this whole situation with the fighters down in the arena," Lily makes a gesture towards the ongoing fight, "I only just met Prometheus a short while ago, so I'm not sure about much of what's here."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Field of Battle

Javert's fleshly body begins to die and fade away quickly. Javert engoes this transformation silently and confidently. Javert, now a true incorporreal shade floats above his body, which he levitates into a bag of holding. Incorporreal Javert has long shadow claws and a horrid, wispy, demonic face so unfamiliar to the handsome drow. Javert swings his claw in the air to test it. His claws seem to rip a very rift in reality, which then closes quickly, he ponders this newfound ability. He flexes his arms which cause the shadowy claws to accidentally rip the closing reality rifts. If anyone chooses to quickly observe a rift before it closes they might see a world identical to this one, but clothed in dim grays and black, the shadow fell. Javert speaks with his raspy newfound voice. Interesting, very interesting.....Best thing is I can habitat my flesh again....

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

"Pleased to meetcha," Becky drawls. "And trust me, the folks you wanna lose in this are Prommie and El Gordo. Magtok is just baggage but Ilpholin is where it's at," she declares proudly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Glory Fields]

"You believe the demoness would be the best leader of the guild?" Lily asks simply. It's not a particularly surprising question, given that Ilpholin happens to be, you know a demon.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-31 at 07:16 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

Outside Trogs Tavern
    ((Well… I was planning on having Flame last a little longer then that, but being shot in the face at close range with a shotgun blew that plan away for her… It’s okay, it just means the fight begins very suddenly without the chance for negotiations.))

Flame doesn’t even have a chance to react before her face is blown away, accompanied by a rather evil laugh from Sleet, who’s wanted to do exactly that for a long time. The redhead’s guards are on Chez immediately, both of them slashing and clawing furiously out of terror that they’ll be next.

Hmmm, well so much for peaceful negotiations, comments Kordak, not that he’d really had much faith that that would work. He’s a little annoyed that it’d cost him Flame though. He was running out of Catchers! Deliver this. Peacefully, if you would be so kind. He hands one of his giant brothers the small basket he’d been carrying and the brother takes off, running on all fours. He runs away from the soon-to-ensue battle and entirely in the wrong direction from where he’s meant to go, but he’ll discover that later as he wanders the Nexus looking for Shada.

Archers! Calls Kordak, turning back to the task on hand/paw. The eight archers step forward, notching arrows. Aim for the wolf. As for fear of being shot, he has that covered. The five brothers wear special cloaks which shield them from incoming projectiles, and their mage-brother begins casting similar protection spells on a few of the lesser gnolls.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-01-31 at 02:50 AM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Trogs, Battlefield

Marty loads his gun and ducks behind a large rock. His sniper rifle takes a while to fire. he aims for Kordak with his vorpal anti magic bullet. He fires. These people want to hurt me....

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Random Flowery Field

And this is where Colin and Banana Cream Pie end up for their picnic.
    Random Flowery Field
    Banana Creme Pie immediately jumps into the flowers and begins rolling around in them, giggling all the while.
    She seems to be enjoying herself already...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Gory Fields

Moff 4 nudges Kal, when he sees Prometheus's battlemages port in. "Hey? Any rules against starting fights among spectators and minions? Because I really hate those guys."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fields of Glory]

Poor Prometheus. Poor, arrogant, stupid Prometheus. You could have had it all. Rolling in the deep. I mean, look at the situation. Ilpholin's unconscious. That was before you tried to shoot her eleven times in the head, of course. Now she's dead, unless some future post comes up and totally invalidates this one. Magtok's in severe pain, and pretty much on his last legs. Gordon, admittedly, is on his last legs as well, what with having been hit by the queen of all bioweapons, but you, look at you, you're barely even fazed. You had this fight in the bag. Victory was in your grasp. AMEN would have been yours (and Gordon's) forever. Well, forever until the other anti-Gordon AMENites (ie, ALL OF THEM) decide they've had enough too and decide to boot your ass out of there. But that's not the point. The point is, you would have won this fight. But then you had to go and do something utterly stupid, like break a deal.

I mean, it wasn't exactly a difficult deal to keep. You and Gordon fight Magtok and Ilpholin. To the death. You and Gordon were not allowed to bring backup for the duration of the fight (Ilpholin and Magtok were conveniently omitted from this part of the deal, just in case). You were doing so well.
    But now look.
    Magtok's still alive.
    The fight is not over.
    But those battlecasters out there, loitering outside the bubble where you clearly just summoned them?

Backup.

"Sure, go ahead. But if you plan on doing something, do it quickly, because I get the feeling they're not going to be around for much longer."

His eyes are glowing bright, fiery orange. The air around him trembles once more with unseen, Infernal power. The very fabric of reality seems to warp and bend, as what seems like the slavering jaws of millions of rabid imps gnaw and tear at the barriers of space-time, as if waiting, literally, for all Hell to break loose. And somehow, somewhere, softly, as if from a great distance, an Ominous Choir starts to sing Don't Cha (Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot) by The Pussycat Dolls. In Latin.

Why do I get the feeling this can only mean trouble?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-01-31 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Fields of Glory and Hawt Devil Doom

Moff 4 takes a moment to gawk at Smoking Hawt Devil with all the special effects and doom and stuff, before hopping into the Yellow Road and popping back out right behind the battlecasters.

"Boo!" he says, and tries to give wedgies to the two nearest.

You gotta admit, that's going to make it hard to concentrate on any spells.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Field of Battle

Outside of the forcefields, Rogar stands up, and heads for the shielding. He's going to be ready for the moment that this fight is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Fields of War

A Moff trails Rogar.
    There's also this happening. Not sure if Rogar counts as backup since he was already here. But anyway, he's being trailed. By a Moff.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-01-31 at 12:58 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Outside Trogs Tavern
    Warning: Head Explosions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Warned You: It's a fox blowing off someone's head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, Here We Go. You Ready?
    Spoiler
    Show

^That happened. The redhead’s guards are on Chez immediately, both of them slashing and clawing furiously out of terror that they’ll be next.

Hmmm, well so much for peaceful negotiations, comments Kordak, not that he’d really had much faith that that would work. He’s a little annoyed that it’d cost him Flame though. He was running out of Catchers! Deliver this. Peacefully, if you would be so kind. He hands one of his giant brothers the small basket he’d been carrying and the brother takes off, running on all fours. He runs away from the soon-to-ensue battle and entirely in the wrong direction from where he’s meant to go, but he’ll discover that later as he wanders the Nexus looking for Shada.

Archers! Calls Kordak, turning back to the task on hand/paw. The eight archers step forward, notching arrows. Aim for the wolf. As for fear of being shot, he has that covered. The five brothers wear special cloaks which shield them from incoming projectiles, and their mage-brother begins casting similar protection spells on a few of the lesser gnolls.
    Chez roars.

"Come GET SOME, MUTHER ****ERS!"

He runs at the gnolls, not givng a **** if he dies. Why Care? He can Posses Gnolls. They're Canind.
    Last edited by Chezmarine; 2012-01-31 at 04:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Feilds of AMEN

Javert waits with his drow for Magtoks death or victory. Either way Javert hopes he can test out his.new form.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Random Path

Yes...and no?¡
    It shakes its head 'no' very difinitively. Then side-steps woozily because the head shaking made it more dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chezmarine View Post
    "The first one was a Staring Contest. Stupid Bugs." The Wolfess said.
    Wes manages not to smile at the comment about bugs.

"A staring contest sounds fun. It also reminds me of Bob. Mind if I tell a little story?" She says to Ashtrek.

30. - Top - End - #150

GnomeWizardGuy

The Other Side of the Door

Cragg gathers up some wood and speaks the command word for his club. The club's metals turn liquid and reform into a blade. He carves a small rune into three large branches and puts them at the bottom of a campfire-sized pile of wood. Then he pulls up a small log to sit on and sits infront of the little pile.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life