New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Deathwatch - Xeno-Hunters (IC)

As the mission begins you are all strapped into crash seats in the red tinged interior of the Thunderhawk Fire of Meriz, piloted by Brother-Pilot Hez'ka.

You have been on approach to the station for the last 10 minutes, knifing through space towards Inquisitorial Research Station Omega 6696.

You are minuets way from docking, and have made it through the station's defensive minefield, which prevented your Strike Cruiser, the Warrior's Wrath from deploying you directly.

As you make your final preparations Brother Hez'ka‘s voice comes over the local vox. "Be ready Brothers, we shall arrive mome-" Suddenly he stops as a frantic pinging can be heard in the background "What?" You hear, then pilot yells "Station’s point defences active! Brace for evasive maneuvers!"

You are all pulled back into your seats as the gunship accelerates, then you feel the gut-wrenching gravity shifts as presumably your pilot tries to avoid incoming fire. From the lack of fiery death you can assume he's doing well.
    "Final approach." You hear the pilot grind over the vox, and then comes an almighty bang from the engine compartment, followed by some other rattling impacts. "Engines hit, still online.” over the vox, “Down in three, two, one..."

There is another mighty bang that lifts you all from your seats from a moment, and then comes an ear wrenching screech of what has to be your Thunderhawk grinding along a metal deck as you are thrust back into your seats.

This continues for a few moments, and then the screeching subsides, your crash webbing disengaging automatically as the interior lights go from red to green. The front hatch descends and a view of a dark shuttle bay comes into view.

What do you do next?
    Are you a 40k fan but a bit fuzzy on the background lore?
    Then visit my YouTube channel Vaults of Terra for the a weekly lowdown on everything 40k,
    from Space Marine armour to warp travel. New topics posted weekly.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Deathwatch - Xeno-Hunters (IC)

Only once the dust had fully settled did Lox's servo-arm release the support beam it had gripped to keep the seigemarine in place on the bench. "And this is why drop pods were designed..." Lox murmurred, heaving himself to his feet as he activated his helmet's built-in vox, "Brother Hez'ka, report. What is the damage to the vehicle?"
    Last edited by Entaris; 2013-09-09 at 05:13 PM.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

Good Luck. Have Fun. Much Explosion.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A fallen beast is an easy target. Lokir wasn't about to wait around in the thin-skinned hull of a wounded bird.

Glancing quickly at the auspex as Lokir begins to take in the world around him, he moves towards the doorway.

Awareness:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[30] vs. 60

Returning the auspex to his webbing, Lokir readies his missile launcher on his shoulder.

"Everybody out."

Exiting the Thunderhawk, Lokir moves to nearby cover, attempting to stay out of plain view.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming we're in narrative time [lack of initiative]
    Move: 6 meters to the most advantageous cover in sight.
    Silent Move: (1d100)[70] vs. 50 (-10 for hulking?)
    Concealment: (1d100)[10] vs. 60
    Spoiler
    Show
    (50+20 [cloak]-10 [hulking])

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"You heard Lokir, get on the ground and secure our brother pilot and the ship. Otherwise we might be stranded on this rock!

Thrakus begins to rapidly move out of the ship, not bothering to attempt stealth as he knows that their arrival was already just announced. Besides he would prefer to be the target, better for him to bear the strain than any of his battle brothers. Thrakus then sets himself up in the open, ready to make a beeline to any foe that gets within his jump pack range.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

There is a pause, then the Salamander's voice comes back over the vox "It appears to be minor structural damage Brother Lox, thank the Ominssiah, although I will of course check the vessel for damage once you tram has begun investigating the station."

He then clicks over to a full squad vox "It appears there is minimal power in the shuttle bay brothers, only emergency lights and gravity. No air or other systems operation from what I can tell.

What Lokir sees:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a large dark hanger bay, illuminated only by faint chemical lamps near the exits (1 in the east, 2 in the north and 2 in the east). South is the vast opening of the landing bay, with the empty void beyond it. From the little you know of technology you can see the static shield that usually keeps the air in the hanger is offline.

Your gunship has skidded to a halt facing north east in the north wast corner of map grid 0701. To the east you can see two large troop shuttles bearing the mark of the Imperial Inquisition, they also appear powered down.

The bay has little else in it beyond two large fuel bowsers on the north wall and some tool cabinets around the walls.

There are now threats or enemies that you can see as you take cover in the lee of the downed Thunderhawk.
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-09-09 at 05:42 PM.
    Then visit my YouTube channel Vaults of Terra for the a weekly lowdown on everything 40k,

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Elyas rose from his seat, striding out o f the wounded Thunderhawk with his brothers.

"Are you alright, Brother-Pilot? Do you require my assistance?"

Short of that, Elyas turns his attentions to his surroundings, choosing to stand next to Thrakus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness:
    (1d100)[22] vs. Perception 35

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

"My thanks but no brother, my crash seat prevented any damage to myself or my armour." The Salamander says "I will remain to control the ships guns until the team has cleared the bay of any threats before I proceed to repair the craft."

What Elyas sees:

Spoiler
    Show
    You see a large dark hanger bay, illuminated only by faint chemical lamps near the exits (1 in the east, 2 in the north and 2 in the east). South is the vast opening of the landing bay, with the empty void beyond it. From the little you know of technology you can see the static shield that usually keeps the air in the hanger is offline.

Your gunship has skidded to a halt facing north east in the north wast corner of map grid 0701. To the east you can see two large troop shuttles bearing the mark of the Imperial Inquisition, they also appear powered down.

The bay has little else in it beyond two large fuel bowsers on the north wall and some tool cabinets around the walls.
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-09-09 at 05:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I see no threats, brothers, we should proceed."

Raising his bolter to aim, he waited for others before advancing to secure the rest of the bay.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Confident in the knowledge that the machine was only lightly wounded, Lox nodded, hanging his auger over his shoulder again and drawing his immolation rifle. Very well. We should not be long." The Techmarine replied, turning and exiting, checking his siege auspex and picking up a container from under his seat on the bench. He exited the Thunderhawk into the midst of his Battle-Brothers position, thudding the container against Lokir's chestplate, the Gauntlet and Bolts of the Imperial Fists clearing stamped on the end, "A gift, from Brothers long past. May it serve you well." He commented, leaving the concussion missile with the Launcher-Brother as he peered out towards the complex with his seige auspex.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Loken unstraps himself and swiftly exits the Thunderhawk. He quickly goes over to the engine to inspect it. He also gives the rest of the Thunderhawk a cursory examination.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tech Use or Evaluate: [roll]1d100[/roll] vs Int 50

"Brother Hez'ka, is there anything I may assist with before we begin our search?"

Should the pilot not need his assistance Loken lays his hands on the thunderhawk and says a quick blessing. Then he goes to stands next to his battle brothers.
    Last edited by Lupercal83; 2013-09-09 at 06:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just because we do not perceive a immediate threat doesn't always mean that there is none brother. I suggest we secure this hanger quickly, I would rather not be here when our strike cruiser starts firing.

With that said Thrakus began patrolling around the immediate area of the ship, scanning ever cranny he could for any threat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    preception (1d100)[44] vs 43 (forgot about the natural heightened senses)
    Last edited by Warfour; 2013-09-09 at 06:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

(Forgot my Per roll for seeing through walls)
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[69] vs 70 (30 base +10 Heightened Sight Nat +10 Sight Helmet +20 Awareness Auspex)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Let's see if I can get this roll to work for Tech Use/Evaluate:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[27]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

"I need no assistance brother, my thanks for the offer. I shall have the gunship fixed and ready to fly when it comes time to leave."

Loken:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (You cannot edit in or edit rolls, it breaks the system to stop cheating, you need to roll again, as you have done.) Your examination of the Thunderhawk shows only some minor buckling near the engine compartment where the ship was hit by what looks like las-fire. It is nothing that your Salamander brother cannot fix alone given half an hour or so.

Thrakus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detects nothing out of place from what he can see of the shuttle bay.

Lox:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The auspex pings back a good return, confirming there are no entities present in the area, although it does indicate a very faint heat signature coming from somewhere near the exits. There is no hidden crevices or panels where a creature could be hiding beneath the deck or in the surrounding bulkheads as far as you can see,
    Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-09-09 at 06:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Lox hung the auspex on his harness, The surrounding rooms are clear. No life signs detected. The Techmarine stated and moved toward the nearest door leading inward.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lokir nods his thanks to Lox for the gift. Shrugging on the easily recognizeable canister of concussion missiles, Lokir pauses to look at the various entrances illuminated by the dim lamps.

He quickly ponders defensive tactics, in an attempt to glean which direction is most likely to house valuable material.

Defensive Tactics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[57] vs. 40

The walls prove inscrutable.

"Unless others have insight--I have long held that when in doubt, head north.

Check the lockers before we head out--perhaps there might be some clue as to why we were fired upon.

Brother Skjald, shall we proceed?"
    Last edited by Revanus; 2013-09-09 at 06:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait.... Lox mutters to himself, checking the exit more closely for some clue as to the heat signature his siege auspex returned, the auspex replacing his left eye whirring and clicking softly inside his helmet as displays scanned across hsi helmet's display.

(1d100)[91] vs. 50

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"For lack of better options, I concur with brother Lokir."

He pointed his bolter towards the north tunnel, attempting to decipher what that hallway holds.

Awareness:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[18] Vs. 35 Perception
    Last edited by Messer; 2013-09-09 at 07:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

My Auspex picked up a heat signature return around the exits, but faintly...as though the door had been exposed to heat priorly. Lox reported, running his fingers across the panel to open the door.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lokir smiles behind his helm.

"Perhaps your auspex has observed the glow of the chemical lamps, brother."

Lokir moves towards the north entrance. He finds cover again behind a nice vantage point facing the blast door and braces his heavy weapon.

"In position. Breach north entrance when ready."

Concealment roll (if necessary):
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[1] vs. 70
    Spoiler
    Show
    50--10 (hulking)+10(stationary)+20(cloak)
    Last edited by Revanus; 2013-09-09 at 07:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: I think you just turned invisible XD

IC: Lox nodded and triggered the door's opening panel.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

before the door opens Thrakus says to lokir

"If anything lies beyond this door, ill get their attention Brother. It should give you a easy shot before we engage."

Thrakus blades at the ready, enters with lokir

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Aye. Just stay out of the blast range, brother. Let my missiles greet the enemy before your blade shines."

OOC:
    Before we enter, let's trigger squad mode.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Loken moves to cover the door and readies his bolter.

"I am in position brother. Let us see what lies beyond"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Following his brothers to the door, he took up a covering position, watching their backs and flanks.

"Ready to go, brother."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Gale strode forth from the Thunderhawk last without a thought for cover, his gauntlet on his hand twinkling with azure witchlight as he peered about for enemies, and his expression soured when it became clear that there were none present and he huffed a sigh, before following the others with a modest attempt at keeping to cover and similar such things, though there was no lack of diligence when it came to his effort at checking out the area. As the other's gathered forward towards the north entrance, a grin once more returned to his face as he moved up with the others to take cover on the side of the doorway, and cast his senses forward, rising his gauntlet in preperation to unleash his psychic powers, should it be required.

Spoiler
    Show

Psyniscience
    (1d100)[35] vs 45 Per

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: And now we wait to see if this door even opens :/

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bjiil exits the Thunderhawk with his Bolter raised and ready, scanning around for any threats and checking the position of his squad. He quickly takes up position to provide supporting fire as the squad fans out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness vs: 75 (per 55 + heightened 10 + helmet 10) (1d100)[1]

As they move over to one of the doors Bjiil follows still keeping his Bolter trained on the surrounding area "Check your zones, eyes open. Tactical advance, keep to what ever cover you can find." he throws out the orders in quick sharp sentences.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Squad Advance, squad mode.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Lox pulls the handle, but there is no response from the door. Clearly the power is out for the automatic door controls.

Gale:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You reach out with your psychic senses, and although you feel dulled by the rock and metal around you, you feels something. It is nothing large, not a demon or a powerful psyker, but something. It's an odd, disturbing sense, like something slithering beneath a pool of murky water, then for a moment, you feel whatever it is looking back. Then the sensation fades, and you a you are back in the hanger.

Elyas:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a strong bulkhead door bordered by two chemical lights, 5 meters wide and 4 meters tall, with a standard release console on the right hand side with a manual release crank on the left. The door is closed.

Lox:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your extra scans produce no new information.

What Bjiil sees:

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Viper9090; 2013-09-10 at 06:18 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone wanted to lock someone out...Lox goes for his Auger on instinct, then stops, Or something IN...Hold...Did the Inquisitor not say other groups had been sent before us? He inquired, pointing further into the hangar bay, Mayhap we could find other transports, possibly with intact cogitators chronicling anything anomalous. The Techmarine offered