Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: City Without Master (IC)

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a furious battle cry, Thralin makes a backhanded swing of his scythe, cutting down the helpless specter that had evaded Malandra's arrow and continuing on to gouge the adjacent specter, cutting it deeply.

The specter, wounded deeply, makes a last desperate assault on Noland, flailing clumsily until a blow lands upon Noland's hammer, releasing a burst of energy that destroys it. Two more leap into the flame, also swinging clumsily at Noland. Despite Noland parrying, though, one of them lands a glancing blow(.4 damage).

Turn order
    Larcswin(fire arrow ready, target needed)
    Glyyth
    Specter
    Malandra
    Thalrin
    Noland
    Specter
    Jeth
    Specter
    Larcswin

2. - Top - End - #542
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    With triumph is sight, Glyyth lets out a wild laugh and flashes his fists wildly, bringing them down on his foe before him.

3. - Top - End - #543

AssassinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larcswin releases a fire arrow at the specter without the flame, but it sidesteps quickly to escape the flaming projectile.

Meanwhile, Glyyth lays into the specter nearest him, landing three solid punches around the specter's clumsy attempts to block, beating it into oblivion.

The specter Larcswin had fired upon leaps into the flame, assaulting the already overwhelmed Noland. It's blows are as clumsy as those that had come before, but it lands one uncontested, scratching desperately on Noland's chain mail(.8 damage).

While Malandra reaches for another arrow, Thalrin swings viciously at the specter before him. His swipe meets only air as the spook ducks below it.

Turn order
    Noland
    Specter
    Jeth
    Larcswin
    Glyyth
    Specter
    Malandra
    Thalrin
    Specter
    Noland
    Specter
    Jeth
    Malandra
    Thalrin
    Specter
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-11-09 at 11:26 AM.

4. - Top - End - #544

PaladinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland swings at the remaining enemies, throwing one of his hammers if the specter tries to dodge back out of the fire.

5. - Top - End - #545

AssassinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland makes a left handed swing at the specter before him, and as it dodges back, Thalrin also swings, forcing it to dodge again, completely out of the flame. Noland follows up with a fierce right handed throw and as the specter attempts to dodge it, it falls into a devastating hammer blow to the head that destroys it with a flash of living power. And then there was one.

Turn order
    Jeth
    Larcswin
    Glyyth
    Specter
    Malandra
    Thalrin
    Larcswin

6. - Top - End - #546

AssassinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Larcswin prepares another arrow and watches out the window for more foes, Jeth puffs out his chest with a satisfied smirk, victorious.

Jeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one is visibly effected, those who have attacked since the spell have performed as normal.

Turn order
    Glyyth
    Specter
    Malandra
    Thalrin
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-11-11 at 02:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547

AssassinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glyyth throws four solid punches into the specter before him, barely phasing despite its failed attempts to block. It retaliates, swiping fecklessly at the fist fighter before him as the fire consumes it.

All of the specters defeated, the flames continue to flicker against a dark sky beyond. The light failed all too quickly, it would seem, despite having lingered late after the sunset.

20:20 Day One in Marfellas
    Current Status Logs:
    Noland
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:6.96/24
    SP:92/168
    Last ate 8 hours ago
    Experience to next level: 8

Malandra
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:17.3/20.5
    SP:190/190
    Last ate 24 hours ago
    Experience to next level: 2

Jeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:16/16
    SP:105/209
    Last ate 8 hours ago
    Dexterity temporarily(very) -2
    Level 3 achieved!
    Let me know what you expect as a Master Weaver Point

Larcswin
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:21/21
    SP:58/154
    Last ate 2 hours ago
    Experience to next level: 21

Glyyth
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:14.6/17
    SP:56/56
    Last ate 6 hours ago
    Level 2 achieved!
    Let me know if you have any questions about leveling up.

Thalrin
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP:15.4/19
    SP:98/98
    Last ate 6 hours ago
    Level 2 achieved!
    Let me know if you have any questions about leveling up.

8. - Top - End - #548

PaladinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was a good battle! We should finish exploring the house. If anyone finds a shield I will make good use of it when we find more spectres.I go back towards the bedroom to explore the secret tunnel I discovered.

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    As I walk away, I cast two elemental spells using the life finger to heal myself. (32sp, 4d6+2)

9. - Top - End - #549

AssassinGuy

Noland
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland recovers 8 hp as he feels untempered life energy flow around him from his stealthily cast spell. Once in the bedroom, he once again opens the secret door to see the man, apparently made of tarnished gold. The sun having set, the entire house is dark. Noland's ultraviolet vision allows him to see much of the way down the deep stairs in low detail. They go deep, presumably into the undercity itself.

10. - Top - End - #550

RedWizardGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland, you can borrow my buckler if you are desperately needing a shield. After we explore this tunnel we should bunker in at the ship for the night. I look around the mouth of the tunnel to see what is there and how wide it is.

11. - Top - End - #551

AssassinGuy

Jeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tunnel opening is a door not unlike the other doors in the building in size, though well hidden in the stonework of the wall. The limestone blocks of the room have been cut all to this same height to conceal it as a door. Jeth's ultraviolet vision reveals that the stairway is steep and surely leads into the undercity, but he cannot see the end of it.

12. - Top - End - #552

PaladinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thank you for the shield. It shall be put to good use until I return it to you. You were very useful in the battle back there. This tunnel goes deep, perhaps we can explore it tomorrow. Let's bring this statue back to the ship.I start carrying the statue back to the ship, closing the hidden door behind me.

13. - Top - End - #553

AssassinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland pulls the tarnished, golden metal man from the secret passage and closes it, lifting the man with great effort to begin to move toward the ship. It is slow going and he has to rest every few steps.

14. - Top - End - #554

RedWizardGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    ho now dwarf. Why not bage it up and take it out latter as we sort through the bags content on the ship tonight.

15. - Top - End - #555

AssassinGuy

Wyldthing
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have some experience hiding my identity. I can approach a shopkeeper and inquire about Corban's whereabouts. Iyanne offers, looking nervously to the others for confirmation.

Are you sure?Vlaren asks, we know little of these people, what if they suspect you?

16. - Top - End - #556

PaladinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is a good idea. I will leave it to you then.
    If no one has anything else to do we go back to the ship.

17. - Top - End - #557

AssassinGuy

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gold man in the bag, the party returns to find the ship as they had left it. Though most of them can see perfectly in the starlight, Larcswin and Glyyth struggle with the uneven streets, stumbling over bodies in the road.

Jeth/Noland
    Spoiler
    Show
    The familiar magical auras of the bag and glow orbs and shaving basin and rock are still present, along with another, one of death, with evil temperament, a form of detection and the spirit of wind.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Pixie in the Playground

Vlaren/Iyanne
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to talk with the shopkeeper, we seem to be in the midst of a confusing gathering of various clans, not much to suspect" inputs Voltech, "I say we ask."

19. - Top - End - #559

AssassinGuy

Wyld Thing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nodding with a coy grin, Iyanne begins to play with her hair and preparing her clothes. Soon she resembles one of the army rogues they had seen in the tunnels.
    That might work Vlaren says and she hustles out from their dark alley into the nearby bakery.
    They hear voices from within:
    Oh my, I was just closing for the night...
    Urgent news from the front! The Dulug are attacking. Where can I find Corban?
    Oh, well he's meeting with the council, I heard there's been some controversy over the prisoners he and Hirit freed earlier today. Rumor is this Dulug attack has something to do with it.
    Thank you, I must hurry.

Iyanne returns shortly, pointing. He's in that general direction, but he's meeting with some kind of council. Sweeping her hair out of her face and unruffling her clothes, she produces three cool loaves of bread. Oh, and on the house. I've been starving.

20. - Top - End - #560

MonkGuy

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glyyth heads with them to the ship. Once there they start (richard and I talked about this) emptying the rest of the contents of the bag, and sorting through it. Lets all get some sleep Glyyth suggests to the party. The cleric and I will take first watch as we empty out the contents of this bag. I assume we want to post a watch the whole night.I'll wake someone else up when it's their turn. With that, Glyyth turns his attention to emptying the bag with both hands thrust deep into the bag.

21. - Top - End - #561

AssassinGuy

First Watch(Glyyth and Guru and anyone who refuses to sleep during the first watch)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, but be sure you let us know what you find, Malandra says as she heads to bed.

As Glyyth digs in with two muscular arms he removes a common copper coin, a chair with two cracked legs that wobbles when he stands it up, a hard loaf of bread, and one of the heavy metal men Thalrin had put in the bag. After a short break, he reaches in again and draws out a couple more copper coins, and then a book entitled Rise of Ermarfel, Berkoth's Vision. The book looks very old, though well bound and preserved. His next reach brings up a gooing mango that covers his hands in juices. Some of this juice is still on his partially wiped hands when he grabs another book: Dark Power-Death, or Life to the Lifeless? It has a black cover and magical runes on it. The next item is also a book: Spires, Minarets, and Sky Bridges, a heavy tome with architectural sketches on many of the pages.

As Glyyth reaches in again, he finds another book, this one with loose pages and crudely made: Marduk's Advances-The Eastern Wars. Another book comes up in his next grab: Catacomb Living. It is another architectural book, this one with drawings of structural tunnel supports and low roofed hovels. The stream of books continues with Spell Integration and Internal Courts and Parks. Their titles are fitting and their content seems to agree.

Having stacked the books to one side, Glyyth sets into the bag again, finding two more copper coins before pulling out a massive rat. Having it in both hands, he is able to control its wild thrashing and squeeze it against his chest, crushing it out of consciousness before tossing it to the deck for Noland to finish. Next comes a battered cabbage, a gnawed settee, a copper coin, and a rubbery old carrot.

Making another reach, Glyyth comes up with something a little to heavy for him. He has a good grip, however, and is able to hold long enough for Noland to offer a hand, allowing them to pull a large bed frame with built in mattress from the bag. The frame sags under the weight of the mattress as they lay it down.

Next comes a copper coin, and then a sack that jingles loudly. Inside are hundreds of coins, of many varieties and ages. It is more money than Glyyth has ever seen. It is followed by another booked titled The Warrior Calling Dances of Ancient Marduk. Inside are sketches of men and women dancing and of great stone warrior statues fighting hordes of men.

On his next reach, Glyyth feels cold stone and produces a large statue of white marble in the form an intricate elephant. Then come a copper coin and another, unmarked tome. The title page reads The Maw Gulf and Her Tribes. It has few drawings of tribal people and is mostly pages of small drawling text.

Glyyth then removes a moldy fruit he doesn't recognize. It is large and oblong. Following it a sickly looking green steak and a fuzz covered pastry. Then another copper coin and another book: Taming the Beast-Ermarfel's Sacred Purpose.

Noland
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noland does not detect magic on any of the artifacts, though he did not personally handle most of them, he was holding the light.

Note for both
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of items for now. I'll roll more up, but feel free to investigate what you've found for now.

22. - Top - End - #562

AssassinGuy

First Watch
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Glyyth and Noland are sorting the items removed from the bag so far, they hear faint swearing, and looking in that direction can see a band of perhaps 50 men, many of them bearing torches and most of them clubs or swords, creeping from around the corner of a building down the street. They have noticed the floating ship and begin to move toward it.

23. - Top - End - #563

RedWizardGuy

Mw
    Spoiler
    Show
    as we walk back to the ship, I try to know if the death magic feels more distant as we leave the house. Also I try to since if this manic is the same as other manic marfelus has cast or if I could tell. And using magical intuition I guess if the spells purpus was to hide or render something invisible. As I skim the book and chapter titles I look for references about relium or this cities specific spire set up or history. When I go bellow deck I try to find an 2 empty barrels but well made barrels and clean them out if they are overly dirty. In one I place all my belonging (specify in my character sheet), and in the other I create water and place the water filling basin on top to use to drink from the barrel.

Mansion
    Spoiler
    Show
    I pick up the book about spires and arcatecture and start skimming it for about 15 minutes before heading down stairs. I will go make some water for us if anyone is thirsty.

24. - Top - End - #564

AssassinGuy

Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jeth is confident the magic's purpose is not to hide or make invisible. He is also sure the magic is with them. It is different from the powers he had previously detected around his companions, but it is definitely a part of their group. Some of the general shapes in the spire book are familiar, particularly the flying bridges, which resemble those they had seen at the center of the city. However, it is obvious this book was not the sole source of inspiration when building the city. Jeth also finds a pair of suitable barrels.

25. - Top - End - #565

AssassinGuy

Ship
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glyyth and Noland having awoken everyone at the sight of a horde of torch bearing men, they flee from them under ballista fire until they are hovering high above the Harmani tunnel entrances, they are something like a thousand feet above the ground.

26. - Top - End - #566

HalflingRogueGirl

Ship
    Spoiler
    Show
    I watch us rise away from the men, and sit to eat a bite of dried fruit. First the specters, then unfriendly looking men. I want my predictable life back. Let's get out of here. What do any of you know about the men. Are we to fight or flee? And if we fight, who do we fight with?

MW
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do I have any inside information about the group we are seeing?

27. - Top - End - #567

AssassinGuy

defenstr8r
    Spoiler
    Show
    Larcswin recognizes the men as the Dulug, she thinks. They are a fierce tribe of warriors that sometimes attack the Vraisa for food. She had heard that they feared the surface even more than the Vraisa, what could they possibly be doing up here? And where did they get such a complicated piece of equipment as that giant crossbow? They are the most primitive of the three tribes.

28. - Top - End - #568

AssassinGuy

Exclamation Re: City Without Master (IC)

Ship
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having awoken and prepared the Harmani for the oncoming Dulug attack in vain, the group returns to the ship and awakes Jeth for his turn on watch. They had decided with the night quickly passing them by they will have only one person watches.
    Jeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as the others are in bed, Jeth begins to dig into the bag, finding a silver coin and a book entitled Functionality and Strength in Metal Joints with sketches resembling the arms and legs of the metal man before he grabs something too heavy for him to lift.

Next he finds another battered book, this one entitled Lifelike Statues-Bringing Stone to Life. Then another book, seemingly having to do with science with the block letter title Reaction Balancing and Automated Reactant Augmentation. Next come a smelly banana and a rotten egg and he has to wipe his hands off on the side of the bag before pulling out another book: Interconnected Foundations-Solidarity Against Tremors. It appears to be a highly technical book and has only a few indecipherable diagrams.

He proceeds then to find a gold coin, then something large and metalic he isn't strong enough to remove. Frustrated, he reaches in and finds another book: Exotic Building Materials-Adamantium to Zodiac Ore. As he obtains another copper, he hears the voice of Marfellas.

Lucky that the Dulug left off the attack. Do you see how dangerous they are? They grow bolder every day.

The words do not call for a response and Jeth continues, determined, only to find another smooth metal object that he cannot lift, and then a cloth covered one that also narrowly escapes his grasp. His next few grabs find a copper piece, and then another, then a silver fork. Then comes another book with more structural drawings: Efficient Stairing-Space Conscious Floor Access.

Setting the book aside, he finds a moldy strawberry and then putrid cheese. Next, he pulls a withered potted plant from the bag with both hands. Then come a table leg and what seem like an innocent tin can with a pop on lid. Jeth is about to open it when he senses a magical aura about it. It has lon power and the element of death applied indirectly. It has natural and evil temperaments and negative and earth spirits. It's form is discharging, and its purpose weaken. He thinks better of opening it until he can think of what sort of enchantment it is likely to be. It reminds him that that death aura he had felt has left his sense, according to his memory since the others went below deck.

Next he finds a book, The Basics of Building Tall, which shows several structures for tall buildings. His luck then goes sour with some burnt toast, a grub covered ear of corn, and a rock hard biscuit. He then finds a clattering wooden box. Upon opening it he finds it is full of fine silverware. Setting it aside, he finds a gold coin, and then a copper coin.

On his next reach, he grabs a shard of broken glass,((3d6)[7]*2.5, cut self if less than 20, damage (1d4)[3]). He gingerly sets it aside and pulls out a wilted stick of celery. Then a silver coin, and a book, Power Production in Fluid Mixtures, it looks very scientific, and there are no pictures to guide him as he looks over the equation and text covered pages.

He then pulls out a chair that is cracked in several places and sits down for a rest.

29. - Top - End - #569

RedWizardGuy

Mw
    Spoiler
    Show
    as my watch comes to a close, I pack the books of stone people and materials along with the stone, can and one of the orbs into my pack. Before waking up malandra I enchant my cloak with ra ful dain, half light, and liu siu. As I go down do I feel the death magic and does it leave as malandra goes above deck? After she leaves I search the captains room for anything of interest or value. Any indication of who used it their purpous or anything written down. As well as good places to hide things
    Last edited by Jaque Val John; 2012-11-23 at 01:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #570

AssassinGuy

Jaque
    Spoiler
    Show
    The book on materials was alphabetized and Jeth quickly found Relium. It's entry is nearly a page long, but from a cursory reading he picks up that it is strangely stable considering its light weight and light passing properties. It also has a high degree of magical resistance and is considered one of the hardest materials to work with.

As Jeth goes below deck to where the others are sleeping, he again detects the death aura, and he notices its fading as Malandra goes above deck.

Upon inspecting the captain's quarters, Jeth finds they are more like the master suite on the ship. He had read about the ships of royalty and seeing this room, it seems this was the room for the owner of the ship. The other quarters on this deck would be for family and guests. Crew would have slept below deck in the hammocks.

He does not find anything indicative of who the ship belonged to, nor does he find any devious hiding places beyond the drawers and cabinets of the dresser that contains many fine dresses and suits.

Ninja
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jeth wakes Malandra after his shift and she ascends the stairs to begin her watch. Items clutter the deck of the ship.
    Last edited by Rorrik; 2012-11-23 at 01:54 AM.