Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Front Gate 2.0
    What do I have to blow up?!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Project Archer Laboratory

Sunny remains here, watching the equipment until the team at Sanctuary has returned safely.

Infirmary

A plot clone of Sunny is looking for Bugs.

Edijar's Place

Charity is studying for her EMT coursework.

Elsewhere

Halifax or Delisle are available, as needed.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Vas' Office

"Just the location and that they're incompetent for now. But, you know as well as I that competence can change rapidly if they get the right people."
    Vasquez explains. "Of course, you should probably be able to take care of them since if they get well known it could damage your contract rate."
    Dipsnig taps his fang. Well, we don't do assassinations, so technically they're not getting on our turf. Still, I doubt they only do assassination jobs, so they could be a problem if they ever get competent. So, yeah. I'll deal with them if they start being more acitve. A bunch of assassins is a destabilizing element, anyway.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-01-29 at 09:58 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Side Gate

"The hair will let us track you through divination should the need arise." The guard explains. "I doubt it'll ever be necessary, but I'm sure you understand the need for it." He says with a gentle tone.
    [Side Gate]

Trix nods as she goes through the procedures. It seems reasonable enough, even if it does now mean she will be in the Remnant 'database' of sorts. She'd rather not be instantly trackable, but she isn't really intending on committing any serious crimes if she can help it.

"So, um... what do I have to do now? Are you going to arrest me?" she says with a degree of acceptance but yet just a twinge of fear. She doesn't really want to be arrested, but that's what you do to criminals, right?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Side Gate

"Not really." The guard says. "Instead, if you give us your contact information, we'd much rather use you as an Informant on occasion." He tells her as he takes a small sample of Trix's hair.

Vas' Office

Vasquez nods with Dipsnig's assessment. "Anything else? If not, I'll give you a call when Magtok prepares his little show."

Front Gate 1.0

"So you know nothing about what the block really is except for a form of magical stasis."
    Edijar says more than asks. "Anything else you're going to tell me about it or her?"

Front Gate 2.0

"Alright then. Your associate appeared to murder a halfling on our doorstep and admitted to it after the fact. Before you speak with him, we need to establish the terms of what the Halfling had originally delivered us." The guard asks.

Front Gate 3.0

Anna removes her glasses to clean them as she speaks. "And what sort of things are you looking to trade for and with?" The Combat-mage asks. "As a primarily military and peacekeeping force, Remnant may not have much personally, but we do have access to quite a bit."

Infirmary

Sunny will be able to find Bugs in the lounge, resting his eyes with a cup of coffee in his hand.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"Biggest need is food- we have food-production facilities, but even with the hard work the Populat does, it's becoming increasingly difficult to feed our own population, and importing food could be a great help. Apart from that... any sources of the Five Magical Materials would be a great help as well."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

[Side Gate]

Trix blinks. Apparently the legal system is much laxer on criminals than movies and books had led her to believe. Soon people will be telling her that cars don't explode when shot right. Anything is possible. Anything!

"I, um. Okay - Informant? For what?" she tilts her head.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Sunny sits down with Bugs, but won't interrupt his rest until he's ready to speak.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Gate 1.0]

Kirk continues, speaking to Arla, but no doubt Edijar will hear as well. "For about the last [however many months it's been] I've essentially been her slave. Long story short, I was technically a demon for a while, and she summoned and bound me to her will. Not too long ago I managed to get out of it, but I thought you might be interested to know about it anyway."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Front Gate 1.0]

"I think you know plenty, Mr. Edijar, or you would not have collected me with the accessories you did.
    Unstable and full of herself, but my 'sister' knows what she is doing, more often than not. She lives for the conflict, so I would not expect it to leave because she is in a crystal cage."

Feia sounds less than pleased, distasteful, and altogether not of a grand opinion of what she dubbed "The Antagonist".

She also glances over at Kirk and lightly traces her stomach.
    "I do not recall that demon-binding was a legal offense. You seem well enough now.
    From what I know, your time with my 'sister' was enjoyable and productive enough..."

Very productive.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

[Vas' Office]

Dipsnig shakes his head. Not really, no. I'm looking forward to Magtok's show. And with that, Dipsnig will likely leave the base.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate-Baen're

Whatever. Let me in. Now.

Front Gate- Stranger.

A man with a cane strides to the gates. His nice navy and gold coat covered in dirt and stained with plants. His boots are covered in mud. He looks positively furious. Hello? You are the law hee, Am I correct? I wish to report an attack made against me along with the whereabouts of a dangerous criminal. I have made a full report. I am inspector Thenadier. I am a private investigator. I am aware that you are probably busy but it is rather important.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Side Gate

"Rumors of big events on the street, plans NO might have, that sort of thing. Contact us on your own time when something happens." The guard explains. "Anything else you need?"

Vas' Office

Dipsnig will be allowed to leave the base unhassled.

Infirmary

After a few minutes, Bugs gives a slight sigh and creaks open his eyes. "Sunny, could you hand me the Anthracycline?" He asks, gesturing at the bottle of pills on the table near her.

Front Gate 1.0

"It'd have to depend, but the enslavement of a thoughtful living creature is still slavery."
    Edijar tells Feia before looking at Kirk. "If you're willing to write down your account, we'll see how it goes." As he speaks, Arla goes to her shield and walks through it to examine the little black balls magically.

Front Gate 2.0

"With all due respect, Ma'am. No, not whatever. I've been given orders to make sure the details of the agreement are clear, so please restate it so all parties understand what it is that is being agreed to. And before any action is taken, I am required to inform you that Remnant does not recognize Diplomatic Immunity." The guard informs the Matron.

Front Gate 3.0

"What materials would those be?"
    Anna asks. While she could make assumptions, she didn't want to mess up any sort of potential deal.

Front Gate 4.0

"Do you know who it was that assaulted you?" The guard asks. "If so, we'll take your statement. And who is the criminal you are talking about?"
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-01-30 at 10:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Sunny hands over the bottle, after taking a moment to read the label and make sure it's the right one. "Bugs, are you sick?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate 3.0

"Orichalcum, Moonsilver, Starmetal, Jade, and Soulsteel. I'm... not sure how common they are outside of Autocthon's body- they're rare, but naturally occurring there."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Bugs offers Sunny a tired smile, but does give a small nod of admittance. "I am, but I'll be fine, Sunny." He promises as he takes a couple pills with a swig from his drink. "How are you and your child?" He asks to try and change the topic.

Front Gate 3.0

"Those are difficult to come by here, but we could get our hands on some if necessary. What are you able to trade back?"
    She asks.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-01-30 at 10:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

"I think I felt the baby move today, but I'm not sure,"
    Sunny says , putting her hand on her belly where the three-quarterling child is barely showing. "You promise you'll be fine?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

"Technical assistance, and manpower- mostly in the form of Champions."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Bugs chuckles. "Sunny, I'm over 60 years old. The only reason I'm not losing bits and pieces is because I exercise with the rest of the troops." He admits with a slight smile before reaching out to squeeze her hand. "And it's great to hear that you're doing well. Here for a check-up?"

Front Gate 3.0

"While it is unlikely that technical assistance will be necessary, we won't mind seeing what all you can offer us. And in the meantime, we'll remember you if we find ourselves in any need of allies."
    Anna tells Weaver.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-01-31 at 12:12 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

"Mhm. And Sanctuary is back. Is it safe for me to fly Remnant if we have to?"
    Sunny asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well. Is there anywhere in the city we could establish an embassy of some sort, so that any aid we can give is closer to hand?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

[Side Gate]

Trix shakes her head. She hadn't expected this to go so... smoothly. No repercussions at all? No jail time, no community service? Just a lock of hair and a fingerprint and she goes off on her way?

"Um. No, that's... that's all I guess." she just stands there awkwardly for a moment, before turning to leave.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate - Baen're
    Good for Remnant. Now where's Celesto?!

Front Gate-Thenadier
    The man who accosted me was a man by the name of Fare? Fale? Frail? I can't remember. He works at a seedy little inn called The Dancing Fox Inn. He attacked me and cast some spell on me. He abandoned me in the wild. Took forever for me to find you. I believe there was a fight. The owner there, a Naku, must have had a debate that ended violently with an employee. That employee stormed out, crying, broke a door, and is roaming the wild raging and unchecked. the debate with Naku must have gotten violent. I was curious and thought to perform my civic duty to this humble nation. You see I am Police Captain Inspector Thenadier of the Cylar Police. I asked Naku some questions. No threats or nonsense. I cherish the law. she shut the door in my face and wouldn't come out. It was then when this Fale, or whatever his name was, attacked me and stranded me. I think they're in league together. something bad happened there. As for the criminals. A man named Marius "Marty" Aceford is an escaped convict from Cylar. He's a thief, a liar, and he withholds important information regarding a case I am working on. Said case involves his father, who was even worse. His father was a murderer. His Father burned down his house and entire family, except Marius, and ran. I hunt him. I do not have any jurisdiction here. So I came to the only force. Of true righteousness here, Remant, home of my beloved law. I merely request you look into the assault against me about Dancing Fox, and arrest this horrible criminal, Marius "Marty" Aceford. Would that be possible? You are the law and must enforce it as your duty. As it is mine.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Side Gate

The guard lets Trix leave, letting her believe that there wouldn't be consequences about this. Oh sure, nothing yet, but since she agreed to be a potential informant, she'd have to give them information on occasion.

Front Gate 2.0

"Matron, he is being held inside. As I informed you, he has some rather serious charges placed upon him. If we guide you to him, it will be you alone, you will be frisked and checked over magically and technologically, and you will be guarded at all times. It also means you accept the terms we offered your colleague." The guard tells the Matron.

Front Gate 3.0

"There are several nearby places that aren't inhabited at the moment. I'm sure you could find one."
    Anna suggests.

Front Gate 4.0

The guard listens, but ultimately shakes his head. "Sorry, but the Dancing Fox Inn is outside of Remnant Jurisdiction. Same with Trog's Tavern. They are considered Neutral Ground or so-called "No-Man's Land". Whatever happens in those places, we can't get involved."

Infirmary

Bugs gives a small sigh as he shakes his head. "Not while you're pregnant. The stress it puts on your body could harm your child. While we worked out many of the kinks during the first run, it'd be too much for your delicate system as it is now."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate 2.0

Could you go through them again? Kara'sin is determined to annoy this guard

Front Gate 4.0

What about Aceford? I know his location. He's not in neutral ground. He's a dangerous criminal. Possibly insane.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Gate

"Thank you. What means of communication would most suit you?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Sunny sighs. She'd sort of expected that, but, "Geoff was so hurt last time. I thought it would be easier for me. But I won't risk Popcorn."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Gate 1.0]

"I can do that." Kirk shrugs. Wouldn't be too much trouble to write it all out. It'd take a bit of time, but it's a small price to pay to give Feia further trouble. Speaking of Feia, Kirk isn't even acknowledging her existence right now, despite talking about her.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Bugs closes his eyes for a moment and leans his head back before letting out a slightly tired sigh. "It might be easier for you with your empathy, but it's not something any of us will be willing to risk while you're carrying such a beautiful child." The old medic tells her with a gentle smile, pulling his head back up to look at her. "If we need to use it again before you've delivered, Geoff and I can handle it. You really shouldn't be pushing yourself." He insists.

Front Gate 2.0

"The terms are that we'll leave you alone on several conditions. First, that neither your compound nor your satellites are not to enter Inside, Inside Air Space, or above. Your Compound is to stay at least a mile and a half from the Inside walls at all times. Any breakage of these terms, or any actions that are against Inside or House Xar'Cha, and the contract is void and we will take immediate action." The guard explains. Some of it was different than before, but if the Matron had listened to it before, she wouldn't have needed the refresher.

"As for Celesto, you will need to pay a fee of fifty thousand gold pieces to free him. This covers the cost of resurrection as well as reparations to the halfling after his revivification."

Front Gate 3.0

"After you get yourself set up, we can provide a direct hardline to Remnant for you." Anna tells the Exalted with a slight smile. "It's probably the simplest and most effective way of doing it." She informs her.

Front Gate 4.0

The guard shakes his head. "Whatever actions a person took before coming to Nexus and Inside, we cannot persecute for crimes committed before they came here. If it's a crime they commit while within Inside, then we can step in and deal with them.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"All right. Thank you."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.