New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

[Watchtower Training]

Harnel turns his head when he realizes he's just flat out carrying Mia, "Come on Mia. I'll catch you if you're having trouble keeping up, that's what my tail is there for, but you need to keep trying."

Harnel of course, is still going at the pace set by Arla.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Vas' Office - Eileen

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    "Alright. Go and get some rest and maybe enjoy one last night of hard drinking. I'll have someone come by your quarters in the morning once I look over a potential list." Vasquez offers.
    Chuckling softly, Eileen stands and salutes.
    "Aye aye, Commander. And...thank you."
    And she turns to show herself out.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's Place

"I'll be fine once I finish killing my son," Billie says cheerfully, with another punch at Gus. "Hey, this isn't jail." she says, taking in her surroundings.

"No, this is Mrs Stevenson's place," Gus says. "We'll need to get you your own." He doesn't mind sharing living space with Jake, but Billie and Elaine clearly need their own space.

Billie crinkles up her face. "Ugh. Her."

Gus baps her upside the head. "Be nice. She's willing to work with you. Wrote you a letter even."

"What letter?"

"Here."
    He bends down to pick it up, and while he's looking down, Billie "accidentally" bumps into the side table, knocking Elaine's teapot to the floor where it breaks into pieces. She's pretty sly about it, but it's possible Vas might have caught on that it was done on purpose, if she was paying attention.

Jyarl's Place

Jefferies isn't entirely convinced that she's as smart as any other kid, but she nods solemnly. She doesn't want to let Jyarl down by saying so. "I go to school den if you want me to."

"I can think of a couple different ideas. One is to put the screen and computer behind a clear shield with just the controls on the outside. The other would be a hover drone that could fly out of reach or shield itself if necessary. I imagine Sunny or Geoff can think of others. There's probably off the shelf teaching software out there, and if it doesn't hold her attention, Fiddles could probably tweak it to make it more interesting to her."
    Missy suggests. She's talking past a lump in her throat though, seeing Jyarl holding Jefferies like that. She's reminded of seeing Halifax with his adopted father at the park, even though the sweet, well-loved boy who devoutly believed in The Prophet had nothing in common with this feral orphan. She hoped that Jyarl could be as good of an adoptive father to Jefferies as Peter was to Halifax, however different their circumstances.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Jyarl's Place

"We'll have to see."
    Jyarl tells Missy before turning back to the girl in his lap. "How about another deal then? If you go to a school, the better you do there, the more I'll train you in how to defend yourself. Sound good?"

Elaine's

When the teapot falls and shatters, Vasquez gives an audible sigh before getting on her knees to pick up the worst of it. She doesn't say anything, but the look she gives Billie is far from favorable in the short time she takes to get down. "Tracey." She says after a moment. "Make note to have me bring my personal teapot up here for Elaine."

Watchtower Training

Arla gives the group a final nod before turning around and jogging at the same pace as before. They're almost done with the lap, so with any luck, that'll be all.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-07-13 at 11:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Watchtower Training]

Mia first needs to take a few breaths befor she answers him.
    She will drop her spear and shield to get her hands free and try to get off the dragon tail belt.

"Really? Your sudden touch shocked me and let me loose balance. I'm sure it's not common that dragons warp their tail around others. Maybe your wife allowes it, but don't do it without asking others."

She still hasn't the strength Harnel has so she won't be able to remove the tail. If he doesn't leave her she will start hitting the tail even if that may hurt her more than him. For her Harnel is just making jokes of her and even thought she knew her proud isn't needed here she doesn't want to loose it all.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #726
    Troll in the Playground

Elaine's

Billie sees that she's busted and doesn't even have the decency to look ashamed. She grins cheekily at Vasquez and saunters out of the front door, followed by Gus.

"You want me to follow them or stay here and clean this up?" Tracey asks Vasquez.

Jyarl's

"I learn real good," Jefferies promises, and snuggles against Jyarl. She's didn't know how to show physical affection when she first arrived, so this might take him by surprise.

"Jyarl, what sort of toys have you gotten for her? Besides Gorgutz, I mean." Obviously the pug is her favourite toy.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Elaine's

"Go ahead and follow them."
    Vasquez says before keying her commlink to the guard channel. "All Guards, Billie is on the move. Do not let her leave the base or enter any restricted area. Consider her dangerous and only respond at range if necessary. If she starts destroying things, detain her under Destruction of Remnant Property, but use non-lethal force only. Vasquez Out."

If that happened, Elaine would get that tracking device she had wanted whether Billie wanted it or not.

Jyarl's

Missy will se a bit of shock to his face before he hides it and wraps his arms around Hellstomper. "Toy ray gun, action figures, a couple unused puzzles...things like that." The officer admits to her.

Vas' Office - Cessie

"Educational training tends to be much harder than anything physical for most people. I would have better luck training you how to fight than you would have teaching me in the technicalities of how you're able to use magic. That said, we do our fair share of it. Edijar teaches a class actually on the various types of creatures that seem to be standard here. It mostly covers their strengths and exploitable weaknesses, but for these people it's something necessary. I could arrange for you to sit in on a class if you'd like."
    She says, looking down at a watch. "Almost time really. He'll probably pass off your friends to Arla in the meantime."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-07-14 at 10:55 AM.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

Outside

"Billie," Tracey calls. "Hold up. We have quarters for you."

Billie hadn't been going anywhere in particular, so she lets Tracey and Gus show her to her quarters - identical to Elaine's in floor plan, but customized differently. Jake was able to make his mother's quarters comfortable for her, but nobody really knew Billie enough to do the same for her. Jake had been spending most of the recent days with his mother, which meant that Gus wasn't available much to help out, so Tracey had ended up choosing the furniture. She'd gone with sturdy and colourful, and it seems to have been well chosen.

"Oooh, this is much nicer than her place," Billie says. "Are there drinks? We should have drinks."

"Yes, the kitchen is stocked, and if you have anything you need, you can give me a grocery list," Tracey offers.

"Bah, I can do my own shopping," Billie says. She goes to the kitchen and pokes around until she finds drinks. Gus pushes his fingers through his hair and sets Elaine's letter down. He'll make her read it later, but for now, he'll let her enjoy her freedom.

Jyarl's Place

"Some girly dolls then, and some plushies, maybe? They can play pretend with the action figures. We can pretend out a school room with them and help Jefferies see what school is like."
    Missy suggests. "I bet team sports would be good for her, but it's probably too soon." Because of the other children that would be at risk.

Jefferies makes herself comfortable and just listens to the grownups talking.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

[Watchtower Training]

Wenomir will keep jogging until the end, keeping the pace with the rest of the group and unobtrusively helping Darcy if need be.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-14 at 11:21 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #730

Vas' Office - Cessie

"I haven't had any problem with education so far." Thought it was a long time since she had sat foot in the university. She suspected she would have a harder time with physical training anyway. "I'd love to join a class if it wouldn't be too much trouble." She says with a smile. "Oh and before I forgot, I want to give you this." She takes up what appears to be a rather plain old book and hands it over to Vas. "Hopefully you will never have use of it."

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower Training]

Harnel frowns, but Lets Mia down gently to keep running on her own. Prideful, it seems. He himself keeps going at the proscribed pace.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office - Cessie

Vasquez takes the book gently and sets it on her desk. "I hope so too, but I'm wondering what it is first." She admits.

Jyarl's Place

Jyarl chuckles at the ideas and smiles down at Hellstomper. "Well, before all of that, what would you like for lunch?" He asks her, holding her close.

13. - Top - End - #733

Vas' Office - Cessie

"It's about the things that ruined most of my world before I were born." She explains. "We call them legions. They are very cleverly designed soul constructs, the name coming from the fact they are one being made of many souls. They form a sort of void which devours all energy it comes in contact with, both terrestrial, aether and eldritch. You might not know what these terms mean but the only thing we know so far that can destroy a legion, is another one. As they met they basically devour one another. In other cases they just destroy everything in their path, leaving only empty wastelands behind where nothing can grow for years."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Jyarl's Place

Jefferies looks up hopefully. "Bacon?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office - Cessie

"I can make a copy of the book and return it to you if you wish."
    Vasquez offers. "We really do appreciate the knowledge of such a thing existing. To be taken by surprise would be...disastrous."

Jyarl's Place

Jyarl can't help but smile a bit at that. "Alright. I'll make "Breakfast for Dinner", how's that sound? With extra bacon." He offers before trying to set her down. "Play nice with Missy while I cook." He says before going off to the kitchen, taking off his paper hat as he does so.

16. - Top - End - #736

[Watchtower Training]

Mia will at first walk back where she dropped the spear and shield. She doesn't run for that since the shock of Harnels grap still steals her breath. After she managed to pick up both she will start to follow the groupe as she did before, also she is a bit slower now.

17. - Top - End - #737

Vas' Office - Cessie

"That would be appreciated. I have already read it a couple of times but you never know when you need to again. Anyhow, I should delay if the class is starting. So where is this course taking place?" The mage asks.

Once she get her answer she will make her farewells and head over to the classroom.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Yazon

Edijar smiles slightly. If the math was right and years similar, it meant Yazon was older than he was. There was some sort of message there, but he ignores it. "Alright. When the others get back, you're to be their squad leader. Obviously the shield wall isn't going to work, so what do you suggest they need to be taught in order to get them to work together as a whole?"
    [Yazon]

"Yes sir." Yazon doesn't question Edijar's decision. It's only for these training exercises after all. "Afraid I don't have much in the way of suggestions. Most everything I did was focused on tunnel fighting. It was a rare case that we had to fight in any other environment."

Courtyard

"Nah. He thinks he's king of the world and the cutest thing in it, and maybe he is, but he likes to go anywhere."
    Bugs tells the dryad with a chuckle before picking up the pug and tucking the happy dog under an arm and allowing it to enjoy the view.
    [Courtyard]

Sequoia laughs a little. "Shall we continue our walk, then?" She offers her arm for him to take once more.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

"Down the hall, last classroom on the right."
    She says. "I'll have this copied real quick and return it by the time the class is over." Vasquez offers.

Watchtower Training => Yazon

Edijar nods. "While we have tunnels for practice, it wouldn't be very effective for us to train you all that way." Edijar says as the others all arrive. Arla gives him a nod. "Recruits, Yazon is to be your squad leader from now on. Listen to him as if his orders came from me." He tells them before turning to Arla. "Go ahead with the third plan we had in mind. Shield and Spear won't work. I have other recruits I need to teach."

Arla looks at the group as the the Instructor heads off before gesturing at the ground. "Set the spears and shields down and pick up your original equipment. We'll be heading to the Sim. Room."

Courtyard

"Definitely."
    Bugs says with a smile before looping his arm back around hers, ready to go wherever the pug led them.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"So how has work been treating you lately? Hopefully not too busy." Sequoia asks. The less busy the resident doctor is the better.

[Watchtower Training]

Yazon nods once and goes to retrieve his equipment as ordered. He wonders what the sim room is, but he'll find out soon enough.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower Training]

Given that Harnel doesn't have any equipment to pick back up, he just nods and falls in behind Yazon, wondering what exactly a Sim Room was.

He also looks at the dwarf curiously. What had they spoken about? Did it have a bearing on the next part of the training? Well, obviously it did, but what part?

22. - Top - End - #742

[Watchtower Training]

Mia des as said. MDm hands over her staff while placing himself behind her. She avoid riding on him to train her endureance, but it's obviouse that she isn't used to that kind of training.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

[Watchtower Training]

Wenomir retrieves his sword and his knives and follows the rest to the Sim. Room.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #744

Vas' Office

"Thank you commander." The mage says with an respectful nod before leaving for Edijar's class.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

Jyarl's Place

Missy has come over to check up on Jefferies and certainly not to see Jyarl. Though you know, he's mellowed a lot since he adopted the little orc and actually become kind of interesting he's still a soldier and I don't date fellow soldiers shut up shut up shut up!

"Hi Missy! I beated level 6!" Jefferies said when she opened the door.

"Good for you!" Missy replied, without knowing which game Jefferies was talking about. One of her learning games, or the boxing sim? It didn't matter. "Where's Jyarl?"

"He's washing my closes. He say 'Jefferies, you getted paint all over your closes because you forgetted to put on your smock.' Cept I did member my smock but I put it on wrong way round after lunch and paint was on de inside."

"Was he mad at you?"
    Missy asked.

"No, he didn't use his mad voice, he useded his udder voice dat sounds kind of like he's tired cept he isn't. An he didn't take points away from my boxing game, so he's not mad."

Missy scooped the girl up and gives her a hug and a kiss. "Good. Mistakes can happen to anybody. Just try to be more careful."

A little while later, Missy was sitting on the sofa while Jefferies played her boxing sim and Jyarl stood next to her, throwing the same punches, but without the computer feedback.

While they played, Missy got a mental ping via her internal clock that the big announcement was coming up on MagChannel 13. It would be easy enough to watch it via cybernetics, without the other two knowing. It's only because the boxing sim is boring and not because I still have any feelings for Magtok shut up shut up shut up!

She saw the attack and was on her feet and at the door at enhanced speed. "I have to go," she managed to get out, and was out the door, with the intention of getting into her armour. She was already requesting a teleport to the scene as soon as she was prepared.

Whether she would be allowed to go in Remnant armour via Remnant teleport to investigate an incident outside Remnant jurisdiction was another question.

Meanwhile, the computer in her head was replaying the scene, rewinding it, looking at it from all angles. Trying to spot the assassin.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-07-22 at 09:03 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #746
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Front Gate]

Iamar is accompanying Terral in escorting a recently captured Hunter to the interrogation chambers. She's keeping aware of their surroundings in case anything odd happens.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

Front Gate

Terral is here, yes, with Iamar and a hunter... this should go straight to the interrogation, if no one causes trouble. Terral won't cause trouble.

28. - Top - End - #748

Front Gate
    Neither will the Hunter!
    He looks to be in a daze right now...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #749

[Interrogation Room]

When the three arrive at one of the interrogation rooms, Iamar opens the door for Terral and the Hunter, and will follow them in.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interrogation Room

"So, Mr. Dans, have a seat."
    Terral says, gesturing to a chair. "Please, tell me a bit about yourself."