New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl's smile widens slightly and he steps forward to take her hand in his, sliding a small silver ring into her hand. "I'm an exiled noble, constantly penniless, and an addict with little good in my life except for my daughter and a dog." He tells her seriously, even with his smile. [COLOR="Teal]"But if you'd have us, I want to share that happiness with you."[/COLOR]

At their feet, Gorgutz looks up, a doggy grin on his face and his butt wiggling back and forth as he wags his tail.

Meeting Room

"Would you like us to help keep an eye on him and his safety should anything untoward occurs and he is unable to avoid interfering?" Carl asks.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Missy scoops up Jefferies in one arm and hugs Jyarl with the other. "Yes. Yes. Yes." she says, laughing and crying at the same time.

"And you'll live here wif us, foreber?" Jefferies asks.

"Forever and always," Missy promises. Then she tears her gaze from Jefferies - from her daughter - to look into Jyarl's eyes. "Always."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl slips his arms around them both, but Jefferies might feel momentarily forgotten while the Major delivers the best kiss he can to his betrothed. After that, he'll give Jefferies one on her head, speechless for now.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

If Missy has any words they're lost in that kiss. But one member of the Hellstomper family isn't speechless at all.

"Daddy said you would say yes, but Master Chief was scareded dat you might say no, but we bowf really wanted you to say yes cause we love you and wisheded you were our Mommy so much," Jefferies says.

Missy finally comes up for air enough to look at Jefferies (my daughter!) and brush some of her hair back where it had gotten mussed in the hugging. "I love you too, Jefferies. I want to be your Mommy more than anything in the world."

Two images are vivid in Missy's mind. The nurse carrying her newborn child away. The boy on the swing being watched by a loving father. She and her son had been separated unjustly, but he had found his way to a family who loved him. And now she had too.

"I wasn't sure you would share her," she whispers to Jyarl. Or that you wanted me that way. she doesn't say, because she doesn't want him to know just how afraid she'd been that her feelings were one-sided when he'd just proved otherwise.

But he still hasn't said that he loves me. And though the realization stung a bit, she realized it didn't change her answer. If he just thought of her as a friend and bedmate, that would be enough. The family he offered her meant far too much to her for her to try to ask for more and risk losing it all.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-10-24 at 09:12 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Later that night, Jyarl couldn't help but stay awake after Missy seemed to fall asleep. For the longest time, his mind didn't work, not allowing him to do anything except stroke his lover's hair and shoulder gently from behind, but after a while, the wheels began to turn slowly and he went over the night's events.

He hadn't expected to propose to her any time soon, or had even thought of it. Without Jefferies asking for Missy to become a closer member of the family, he probably would never have. And I would have regretted it too... He tells himself before leaning closer to kiss the back of Missy's head gently and shuffling his entire body closer to hers. After doing so, he felt more complete than he had in a long time. The emptiness of his life prior to meeting Jefferies made his heart cringe, but it didn't last too long before he slipped an arm around her waist and whispered. "Forever yours." He swears quietly, his heart feeling content.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Missy hadn't been able to sleep either. Her heart was too full. And so when Jyarl whispered to her, she twisted in his arms to kiss him. "Jyarl, is this real? I'm not going to wake up, am I?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl answers her with another soft kiss before leaning his forehead against hers, closing his eyes. "No, this isn't a dream. It's as real as it could possibly be." He tells her before smiling happily when he reopens his eyes.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

"I told myself I wasn't going to get involved with you. I'm glad I didn't listen."
    Missy whispers, putting a hand to his face.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

"So am I." Jyarl confirms before leaning in to kiss her once more, all the worries and stress that he hadn't known was building up slipping away.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

"I tried not to fall for Jefferies too, but I think I knew from the start that was a losing battle," Missy confesses. And then she starts crying again, because all of this is what she'd wanted so badly and been afraid to hope for.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl holds Missy close for as long as she wishes, likely falling asleep with her if that moment comes to pass.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

In the morning, Missy awakes and runs a finger over the ring. She'd never felt so perfectly happy in her life.

Not long afterwards, there's the racket of Jefferies and Gorgutz wrestling, followed by Jefferies knocking on the bedroom door. (She didn't always remember to knock, especially if it was in the middle of the night, but she was getting better.)

"Daddy! Daddy! Mommy! Mommy! Can we come in?"

No, this is the happiest moment, she decided, as she sat up and pulled on a robe. "Just a minute, love!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rec Center

Somewhere between two tables lays a giant stone. After some moments it beginns to move and Tovpir awakes of his slumber. He looks around if someone is here. He needs to talk to someone, but the people he had talked to are busy right now or left for other things. He will have an open eye for everyone entering.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Morgue]

Erani leads Gerri into the morgue. She stops just inside and turns to face her. "Are you ready?" She asks. After the initial investigation, Remnant had finally gained possession of the bodies. Gerri just needed to identify them.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morgue

Gerri nods. "Yes."

She's lying, of course. But she isn't going to get any more ready, and doesn't really want to admit that to herself.

She hasn't really realized that her parents might actually be in there. She doesn't really understand that they might really be dead, and she might be an orphan right now.

She doesn't really notice that she's numb... or that her palms are sweating...

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

[Morgue]

Erani tries to give Gerri's shoulder a squeeze before turning to slide open two drawers. Inside are two bodies, one Gerri's mother and the other her father. All that is uncovered is their shoulders up, and there's no sign of violence, or any other sign of death.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morgue

Gerri looks at the two bodies. Unless stopped, she will walk over to her father and touch his face lightly.

Cold. Dead.

She withdraws her hand, which is shaking slightly. She reaches over and touches her mother's face.

Also cold. Also dead.

By this point, Gerri is shivering noticeably. She nods.

"It's them. It's definitely them," she manages to get out before breaking into tears.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hellstomper Residence

In the morning, Missy awakes and runs a finger over the ring. She'd never felt so perfectly happy in her life.

Not long afterwards, there's the racket of Jefferies and Gorgutz wrestling, followed by Jefferies knocking on the bedroom door. (She didn't always remember to knock, especially if it was in the middle of the night, but she was getting better.)

"Daddy! Daddy! Mommy! Mommy! Can we come in?"

No, this is the happiest moment, she decided, as she sat up and pulled on a robe. "Just a minute, love!"
    Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl smiles as he pulls on clothing as well and turns to give Missy a kiss after she gets on her robe. He takes her hand and gives it a small squeeze, telling her silently what she already knew. Love you.

After the squeeze, he turns the knob and opens the door with a grin.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Not what she already knows. Just what she hopes. Missy still can't be sure that anyone loves her. Not when she's been rejected so many times.

Jefferies and Gorgutz swarm into the room and leap on the bed, both of them full of energy and demanding attention and hugs and snuggles. "I waked up and I membered dat you're my mommy now and dat I has a mommy and a daddy again and it maked me so happy!"

"It made me happy too,"
    Missy said. "You're the best daughter I could ever have."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Morgue]

Erani tries to turn Gerri away from the bodies and pull her into a tight embrace. She doesn't know where to even begin comforting the girl, but she can at least do this.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morgue

Gerri will be hugged, and cry... and after a bit, start shaking violently. She has shallow and quickened breathing, and she tries to say something but she can't make words form through her uncontrollable breathing.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Morgue]

Oh dear. Erani tries to lead Gerri away from the bodies and toward the door. She'll stop, with the girl facing away from the bodies, and says. "Gerri. Listen to me, it's going to be okay. Try to breathe."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morgue

"I ca- I- ca-"

Gerri's stopped crying, but is still hyperventilating... if anything, it's worse. She's still shaking, and if Ernai would let her go she would probably fall down. She places her hand on her chest, over her heart... panic is in her eyes.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

[Morgue => Infirmary]

"We need some help in here!" Erani shouts as she starts to guide Gerri out the door. A man is out there, to meet them. "We need to get her to the infirmary now." The man nods, and doesn't hesitate any longer before trying to pick Gerri up and hurry her toward the infirmary.

Once there, she will be examined and hopefully treated, which is beyond this player to describe.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

The hyperventilation changes a bit, switching from uncontrollable shallow breaths to uncontrollable deep gasps. In addition taking her pulse will find that her heart beat is not only too fast to be healthy, but erratic. There is SOMETHING going horribly wrong with Gerri's cardiovascular system, and of course the doctors need to go the extra mile to find out what. A moderate sedative helps the heart rate go down, and the doctors proceed to put her through an advanced medical scanner...

If Erani wants to look at the scan results, even to her it will be obvious what is wrong: Gerri has four lungs and an extra pair of heart valves, not to mention a number of other internal organs that are duplicated.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hellstomper Residence

Not what she already knows. Just what she hopes. Missy still can't be sure that anyone loves her. Not when she's been rejected so many times.

Jefferies and Gorgutz swarm into the room and leap on the bed, both of them full of energy and demanding attention and hugs and snuggles. "I waked up and I membered dat you're my mommy now and dat I has a mommy and a daddy again and it maked me so happy!"

"It made me happy too,"
    Missy said. "You're the best daughter I could ever have."
    Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl smiles a bit and kneels down on the bed to better hug Jefferies tightly. "Yes, you have both now and your daddy loves all of you very very much." He promises her.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Oh look. There she goes again, blinking back tears as she meets Jyarl's eyes. "Really?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-10-31 at 04:46 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

"Yes." Jyarl tells Missy, looking her right back in the eyes before reaching out to set a hand on her cheek. "Really." He promises.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Troll in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

"I love you, Jyarl," Missy murmurs, before giving him a long and tender kiss.

Jefferies laughs. "You and Daddy kiss ALL the time!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellstomper Residence

Jyarl smiles at Jefferies after the kiss and pulls her close for another hug. "This time was different. You'll understand when you're older." He tells her before getting up. "Everyone in the mood for breakfast then?"