New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

WoWcrendor interviewed Ghostcrawler. HE QUESTIONS THE NAME! (Its more of a "Crendor sleepy. Crendor is uninterested in this. Crendor sorry. )
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Firbolg in the Playground

Replies to Jackal in spoiler-ness. Again, for length.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I find that notion laughable. Switching back to your weapon takes 1 global cooldown...
    Hardcore PvP'ers on PvP servers disagree with you and seemed to think the matter was vital enough to voice an opinion on it. Just saying.

That seems to me to be a reason to FIX the class quests, not remove them.
    Thats exactly it. They couldn't fix them at the time, so rather than have the problems persist, they removed them. Upon consideration of whether or not they'll come back to them, they've said it won't be any time soon.
    Personally, I'm expecting them to come back to it once the model revamp is done, which we might actually see progress on by 5.1 which is awesome.

So how are these changes anything but a waste of developer resources?
    Fixing them probably would have been. Removing them was a snap, seeing as they were already doing a pass on just about every quest in the game during Cataclysm development.

Now when they have quest notifications that pop up spontaneously, how hard would it be for them to just have your class quests appear before you, and let them teleport you to an instanced area from the nearest class trainer? For one thing, it would make class trainers relevant again. For another, it would grant a tiny spec of variety to people playing alts.
    Someone would complain it is too convenient.
    Otherwise... well yeah pretty much what I've been saying since near the end of Wrath.

So what? This is a multiplayer game! I never felt any less awesome for getting great rewards I got with my friends. Rather, getting those rewards are among my favourite WoW memories.
    Right, but a quest for say, a warrior, should be personal to that player and class. A warlock being involved kind of spoils it. Maybe if only warriors could group up on it together, but that sounds difficult and tedious, for both designer and player, to work out.

Some fantastic ideas! Can I offer you Greg Street's job as lead designer at Blizzard? (Answer: no, I can't.)
    Me and Lore get that all the time
    In reality I wouldn't want his job. The man literally has the job of trying to satisfy everyone, which is logistically impossible. If it rained gold, someone would complain that it isn't raining silver.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-18 at 09:54 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

I still can't believe this. I'm full of mixed feelings... that close to the AddOn our Guild kicked us. Apparently for being to arrogant...

[rant]
    I think I have to explain this a bit further:
    My GF and I were playing on Forscherliga (Horde) in a quite good running raid late WotLK. With Cataclysm we had some problems but managed to sort them out and were now raiding 10-man instead of 25 due to lack of people and yadda yadda. I was Playing a Shadowpriest and my GF an Disc-Priest.

At the end of Firelands we broke with the guild because of inter-raid-tensions (the raid was more a twinkraid with 3 twinks from other guys and the atmosphere was not that good anymore). We ditched WoW for some Time for other stuff and came back a few months ago. Transported a few characters to Antonidas (Alliance) and began playing. We found a pretty cool Guild and began raiding with them (I as Ret-Paladin, my GF as Resto-Shaman). We had quite some fun until recently. Spine wouldn't go down and such things because of the MoP patch. I think I would still be the DD with the worst gear if I were still in that guild (~402) and still managed to damage the tendrons most. Be it because of Ret's Burstability or other points I don't know. But there were tensions forming. It didn't make that much fun anymore and we were a bit "pissed" at their attitude of Offi(raid lead helpers) makes mistake it's ok, one of the other 4 players (yes we raided with approx 6/10 guys being lead) makes one: questions after questions.

As I mentioned I didn't really had the equip as Prot-Paladin to tank Madness, even the other hardmodes were... pushing it. with 390 you can't really take a hardmode beating it occurs. The problem was on Monday we came easily to his head. Yesterday with ~2 hours of raiding we came to that once or maybe twice... as I was killed by Impale either at third or fourth base. Be it either I wasn't fully healed or my Ardent Defender and Priest-Angelwingsiestuff not working. We were there with the same team and nothing. And due to my "arrogance" (that I don't get where I was arrogant, I had bragged about my damage a bit as did the DK, the Mage and the Rogue [maybe the Warlock too] and I tried to help the others brought Ideas in and such) we were asked to leave. My GF is pretty hot-headed when such a thing comes by and directly left guild with her alts what they saw as a sign that we wouldn't fight for the guild. Seriously if you are asked to leave i take that as a sign that I'm not wanted to be around. To summarize: the healer that used his Mana-Totem to help the all-times-oom pala-heal while maintaining #1 healing and the undergeared and helping that they could raid (sunday it were my tank + a random) tank are apparently too bad for them. The best point is they even said to me two weeks ago they wouldn't switch us out for ~10 randoms because we are important for them.
    [/rant]

Now yesterday evening after the raid we were stunned. Luckily because we switched chars quite often our old Raidleader asked what's up (the tensions in the old group began a while after the raidlead switched. We now will trans to Blackhand or Blackrock... not that sure to the Horde-site and will join them again I have to fill the Shadowpriest role again but... meh I guess my paladin can still be in the twinkraid we managed with them before.

It felt good to write that down. I hope this all sorts itself out. The saddest part for me is that Krezdorim (my Paladin) has 525 in every profession (BS, Mining, Fishing, Cooking, First Aid and Archaeology) while Krazzman (my Spriest) only has Fishing, Alchemy and Herbalism at 525... But the other stuff is quickly skilled up in MoP... I hope.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

4. - Top - End - #1174

@Krazz
    I feel for you man. When Insomniac broke up and we formed a better guild, it still hurt for a while. Heck, I still miss that guild. We had our own theme song!

So I'm planning a Machinima at long last. I want to get it done some time in the next 6 months. It's all about mounts. But it's not what you think. And yes, I need some help.

Spoilered for length
    Spoiler
    Show

Music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hRT...eature=related
    The theme of this video is 'the Journey'
    Text may or may not be on the screen to accompany mount changes.
    The plan is to start the video with Karoht in Bloodhoof Village, and it begins with him running across the bridge and off into the wilderness.
    First he goes into Bear form and runs a bit. Then Cat. Then Dashes in Cat. Then switches to Cheetah Travel form, followed shortly by Stag travel form.
    Then at about the 0:56 mark, he mounts the first mount I ever owned. A Kodo. From there we transition to a bunch of ground mounts (no stopping and mounting, this is what video editing is for, it should all be seamless).
    At about the 1:36 mark, Karoht notices a pack of riders after him. He veers towards a cliff. He gets off his mount and runs on foot another little ways, and jumps off the cliff and falls for a bit. He then transitions to his flying form by about 2:11 mark. Start transitioning through a bunch of the flying mounts as per earlier.
    At the 3:33 mark, he joins up with a party of others, who are also on flying mounts. After a few moments of flying with them, they land, do a bit of combat. Mage then throws up a Portal and everyone leaves, Karoht watches his friends go, and goes into his flying form again, and flies between the trees a bit, then swoops down and perches on [insert major landmark] and the scene fades out to a message about how sometimes it's the journey that is important (wording still being tweaked at this time).

So I need 3 things from everyone:
    1-What ground mounts should I prioritize? I only want to show one of each type, so one bear, one raptor, one kodo (though there may be a second kodo shown), etc. I don't plan on showing off Pandaria mounts for now. Probably going to keep it to everything from Vanilla to Cataclysm.
    2-What flying mounts should I prioritize? See above for guidelines.
    NOTE-Understand that most mounts will only be shown for a count of 4 or so. I may include mount names as I go for context (probably written very small), I may not.
    3-Scenery/Location suggestions? I'm thinking of starting in Bloodhoof Village, transitioning into the Barrens, transitioning to Hellfire Penninsula, transitioning to Nagrand, doing a scene in Northrend, then ending up somewhere in Northrend or Twilight Highlands for the last scenes. I need some good landmarks suggested as backdrops to some of this. The last perch might be on Wyrmrest Temple, or maybe in Dalaran, or possibly in Shattrath.
    I also want to fly down low by some water at some point, if the scenery allows for it.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    So I need 3 things from everyone:
    1-What ground mounts should I prioritize? I only want to show one of each type, so one bear, one raptor, one kodo (though there may be a second kodo shown), etc. I don't plan on showing off Pandaria mounts for now. Probably going to keep it to everything from Vanilla to Cataclysm.
    - the raptor from the dude in Un'Goro, that required all the daily quests.
    - the raptor skeleton from archeaology
    - the pink lovebird (or whatever it's called) from the last Love is in the Air

2-What flying mounts should I prioritize? See above for guidelines.
    NOTE-Understand that most mounts will only be shown for a count of 4 or so. I may include mount names as I go for context (probably written very small), I may not.
    - Cenarion War Hippogryph
    - various protodrakes

3-Scenery/Location suggestions? I'm thinking of starting in Bloodhoof Village, transitioning into the Barrens, transitioning to Hellfire Penninsula, transitioning to Nagrand, doing a scene in Northrend, then ending up somewhere in Northrend or Twilight Highlands for the last scenes. I need some good landmarks suggested as backdrops to some of this. The last perch might be on Wyrmrest Temple, or maybe in Dalaran, or possibly in Shattrath.
    If you could work it out without getting ganked, landing on the same turrets in Stormwind as Deathwing might be kinda neat.
    Last edited by Zherog; 2012-09-19 at 03:57 PM.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    - the raptor from the dude in Un'Goro, that required all the daily quests.
    - the raptor skeleton from archeaology
    - the pink lovebird (or whatever it's called) from the last Love is in the Air
    I'm concerned about how well the raptor would look against the proposed terrain. The lovebird would stand out well against quite a bit of the terrain, but might be too silly. Still, part of me wants to include it.

- Cenarion War Hippogryph
    - various protodrakes
    Drakes and Proto-Drakes take up rather a lot of the flying mounts of the game. We may need to narrow it down just a bit there
    Any specific ones that you feel really stand out?

My Lifebinder's Handmaiden and Corrupted Firehawk (sadly I did not get the regular Firehawk in time before it went 1%) are both going in, Dark Phoenix might show up.

If you could work it out without getting ganked, landing on the same turrets in Stormwind as Deathwing might be kinda neat.
    Easily.

Oh, I should probably point out that I can probably just use model-viewer for any mount I don't have, but would prefer to use mounts that I do have, both for ease of shooting and for true nostalgia factor.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the two protos I have are violet and onyx, and both look pretty spiffy. I also like the albino drake that I have.
    John Ling

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I think the two protos I have are violet and onyx, and both look pretty spiffy. I also like the albino drake that I have.
    I second those, I know I will always have my violet on my bar, if nothing because it took a year and half (missed two x-mas ones -.-)

I also like the idea of the Venomhide raptor, a fun quest chain that took some time.

I do want to toss in the touring rocket. Looks like you are taking a tour of the whole place, why not on the touring rocket? :p
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

9. - Top - End - #1179

Note-If I ask for a clarification on what kind of background for that mount, odds are I'm taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    I also like the idea of the Venomhide raptor, a fun quest chain that took some time.
    I do want to toss in the touring rocket. Looks like you are taking a tour of the whole place, why not on the touring rocket? :p
    I don't have any of the rockets. Again, that's what model-viewer is for.
    What backgrounds are you suggesting?

Albino drake is the odd one. Not sure if I want to show that on a dark background or somewhere light/bright (but still Northrend) like Sholozar Basin.

========
    Thinking a bit on how I'll compose all the scenery and motion together.
    What I'll do is film the scenery where I plan on going, then take the footage from model viewer, layer it in, and then do transitions between mounts, using my model (Karoht) as the centerpoint for the shots. I may add in some more complicated manouvers such a a few pans, maybe some gliding rather than just flapping of wings. For ground mounts I might have some terrain to go up and over, maybe a few jumps for good measure.
    For ground mounts I'm probably not going to get more than a dozen. For flying mounts I think I'll be lucky to get 16 of them in, 20 at the absolute max. That's assuming I go with [transitional flap] *flap flap* [transitional flap] *flap flap* (repeat).

I'm thinking the Mechano-Hog will be the mount I'm on when I drive off a cliff and fall.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-19 at 05:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I use a random mount macro to choose from my favorite flying mounts, so were I to do something like this, I would choose all of them:
    Violet Proto-Drake
    Blazing Drake
    Dark Phoenix
    Sandstone Drake
    Volcanic Stone Drake
    Sunreaver Dragonhawk

I'm also very fond of: Flameward Hippogryph and Cenarion War Hippogryph

I would use a flying carpet at some point, but then I'm always a tailor so that's a fun part of my 'journey', may not be suitable for all.

For land mounts:
    Dancing Bear
    the turtle one (which I don't have yet...*pouts*)
    Venomhide Ravosaur
    White War Talbuk
    Purple Skeletal Warhorse
    Some Camel and Some Mammoth
    I'd probably go with some version of each of the main racial mounts, though uncertain which.

Course these are based entirely on how aesthetically pleasing they are to me, rather than any comment on their significance or difficulty in obtaining....

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Course these are based entirely on how aesthetically pleasing they are to me, rather than any comment on their significance or difficulty in obtaining....
    Assume for all intents and purposes that owning the mount itself is irrelivant, as I will likely have to use model-viewer to place "me" on a "mount" onto a background layer of scenery. Filming it 'in the wild' is possible to some extents, but sounds like way more work and effort to get everything to line up properly.

Hmmm, the Turtle. How do I work that in? Fall and land in Vashir maybe? Then I can show off some underwater scenery and some underwater mounts, such as the Turtle.
    Curses, I think I just made more work for myself.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I was totally going to put the seahorse on my list but thought, he's not planning to go to vashir, that'd be obnoxious.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I was totally going to put the seahorse on my list but thought, he's not planning to go to vashir, that'd be obnoxious.
    I'll give it some consideration. It was sort of a big deal when Cata launched, and to date I still think it is one of the best visually designed zones they've ever done. I would really hate to skip it.
    The hardest parts I have to work with are the transitions. If I can ace those, I'm laughing.

Good News Everyone!
    I got a new video card. I can probably stream in 720p. Yeup, all 720 of the p's. That's a lot of p's.
    For those of you who watch my streams, you'll see better quality, and I've got less lag/broken quality on my end. And I'm pretty sure that once I upgrade my Router, it will get even better.
    But, I might be moving from Livestream.com to Twitch.tv
    We'll see. I'll keep you all posted.
    I might stream some of the footage sweeps I plan on doing as I get a feel for where I want to shoot this video.

Also, suggestions on what to say at the end?
    "It's not just the quest...? [something something] the Journey."

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    The hardest parts I have to work with are the transitions. If I can ace those, I'm laughing.
    Dive into the water. After the splash clears away, the image shows you on one of the mounts. (You could even mix druid water form into it.)

Swim to the surface, and as you get there jump. Transition from being in the air just out of the water into some flight form and take off, the blue water falling away below you as you zoom upward!
    John Ling

15. - Top - End - #1185

Dive into the water. After the splash clears away, the image shows you on one of the mounts. (You could even mix druid water form into it.)

Swim to the surface, and as you get there jump. Transition from being in the air just out of the water into some flight form and take off, the blue water falling away below you as you zoom upward!
    By transitions I'm refering to changing mounts. IE, on land, I'm not going to be riding a kodo, stop, cast my next mount for 3 seconds, ride for a bit, stop, etc. I'll be riding mount X, and right in step with mount X, I'll suddenly be on mount Y. The hard part is lining it all up. My character and the mount I'm attatched to have to have a seemless transition. The challenge will be 'keeping stride' as they change.

16. - Top - End - #1186

PirateCaptain

As this is a story, you could put the rocket towards the end and you could even have a second person who is starting their journey be helped by the main character.

At best it shows WoW's community isn't full of crap. Worst, its lying

Just tossing out an idea.

Oh and the transitions can be a pain but once you get used to editing, it gets quicker. (Spent 8th-12th grade working on TV production, so I know).
    Boo!

17. - Top - End - #1187

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    As this is a story, you could put the rocket towards the end and you could even have a second person who is starting their journey be helped by the main character.

At best it shows WoW's community isn't full of crap. Worst, its lying
    Just tossing out an idea.
    Actually, that is a very solid idea for the 'group up' portion. I think it would be a bit more symbolic for Karoht to use the Vial of the Sands and bear a rider that way instead, but you get the idea.
    And yeah. I keep trying to demonstrate that the community isn't (completely) full of crap, that goes right along with my entire philosophy.

EDIT: OOOH
    Maybe, the object he perches on at the end of the video should be a Meeting Stone in front of the Landmark of choice.
    Though that does somewhat limit the landmarks to raids and dungeons. Still, workable.

Oh and the transitions can be a pain but once you get used to editing, it gets quicker. (Spent 8th-12th grade working on TV production, so I know).
    I'm using Sony Vegas Pro right now. I have a friend who works for a major TV News station as an editor. His personal software bundle (not at work but at his house) and cameras all totalled is worth more than my house. I brought up the idea with him, he suggested model viewer rather than doing it exclusively in game, and he pointed out the miriad reasons why using such overlays would be better for the transitions. The rest of the conversation started to go a wee bit over my head, but the gist of it boiled down to him explaining that synching everything up was probably going to be the hardest part, given so many moving parts.

He also pointed out an easy way to have the mechano-hog go off the cliff with me and not just despawn into nothingness. Use the dismount animation from the sidecar, and then just 'guide' the bike downward more sharply than the rider. So it will look like I'm bailing out of the bike, falling for a bit, and then BOOM, transform and fly.
    Oh man, I get shivers just thinking about how cool that part is going to look with the music doing it's thing right around that time.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-19 at 11:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Orc in the Playground

Don't use the Venomhide. It looks so plain compared to all the other Raptors. I generally use the orange one. It looks great.

Also, I haven't seen mention of the Ravenlord, when I was skimming. Definitely a great mount.
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

19. - Top - End - #1189

Ravenlord will probably follow directly after my first Kodo, or be second-to-last of the ground mounts.

I'm not likely to use the Flaming version of the Ravenlord (the one that drops from Alysrazor) as I don't really see it fitting in with the scenery I plan on using, and I'm of the opinion that the original Ravenlord is more important to showcase.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

I will forever be partial to my beloved Dark War Talbuk. Purchasing that thing took me ages because the Alliance: Horde ratio on my old server was 5:1 so I often had to take out all the guards by myself, fighting off interlopers as I went.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I kind of got shanghaied into being the guild's raid leader following the departure of our GM/previous raid leader, who left for a realm with a PvE ranking that isn't in the bottom 5%. I'm thankful that I'm playing DPS on more than half of the fights, as the focus required for leading a raid definitely eats into my performance. I did successfully lead the guild to the (nerfed) Glory of the DS Raider meta by successfully directing a chain on Hagara normal. We failed three weeks in a row due to the fact that you need exactly ten people to do it, we normally tried it in guild alt raids where we generally only brought 7-9 people. Side note on the meta: Apparently mounts just show up in your list automatically now, you no longer get mail from a significant lore character congratulating you on your achievement.

I recently had one of my scariest moments as a raid leader. We were doing Yor'sahj HC with one of the aforementioned alt raids when someone mentioned that they still needed the red/green combination for that part of the meta. I told them that it would be pretty much impossible to do on HC with alts, but that I'd see what I could do. With 12 million HP left he summons up black/yellow/green/red, and in the heat of the moment I just called for everybody to stay on the boss and pop Time Warp. We ended up killing him and securing the achievement with three people left alive, and I was told by the officers that if I'd ever pull a stunt like that again I'd be fired. Kind of made me feel like I was in an 80s cop movie.

Overall our PvE performance is pretty much as good as it could be considering we're on a low population RP realm. We're closing off Cata with 6/8 HC and in the top 20 of PvE guilds on our realm, our highest position ever. Unfortunately by the time we got into HC Spine progression the end of expansion blues had kicked in fully, meaning we could never really put a team together that was suited for serious progression. It got very frustrating in the past few months, as the only raiders we could rely on were the GM, one other officer, the main tank and myself (off-tank/DPS). It was almost enough to make me quit the guild, but I stayed for the sake of Friendship. We did get some minor achievements (finally completing Dragonwrath for someone, the aforementioned DS meta) and our guild's progression ranking is the best it has ever been, but it still feels like things could have been far better.

Re: Vol'jin book: To be honest I haven't really read any WoW novels. My love for pulp fantasy kind of died out a few years ago when I stopped buying the M:tG novels. Still, I'd love to read a Vol'jin book. The character has made such a huge leap forward in Cataclysm. The way he handled the Zandalari uprising around Garrosh's back while also managing to avoid incurring any serious political debts for his people shown that he is definitely the Horde's master politician and diplomat at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still holding out for him somehow becoming Warchief post-MoP. Obviously there would be tension over the whole him not being an orc thing, but in the current climate he would be better at it than Thrall and Garrosh ever were. He's not as naive as Thrall (both in regards to the Alliance and his own allies) and not as mindlessly aggressive as Hellscream.
    Last edited by Skios; 2012-09-21 at 07:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skios View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still holding out for him somehow becoming Warchief post-MoP. Obviously there would be tension over the whole him not being an orc thing, but in the current climate he would be better at it than Thrall and Garrosh ever were. He's not as naive as Thrall (both in regards to the Alliance and his own allies) and not as mindlessly aggressive as Hellscream.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personally I'm more of a Baine fan (previously a Cairne fan). But I acknowledge that his youth and inexperience would probably disqualify him for the position.

How about Lor'themar? Everyone likes him, right? Right? Anyone? Anyone at least know who he is? No? Oh well. (Though I hear that he's going to be playing a part in the story come 5.1 or 5.2)

Personally though, I'm looking forward to the day Sylvanas gets her comeuppance and Koltira Deathweaver takes his rightful place as leader of the Forsaken.
    Last edited by Aidan305; 2012-09-21 at 07:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personally I'm more of a Baine fan (previously a Cairne fan). But I acknowledge that his youth and inexperience would probably disqualify him for the position.

How about Lor'themar? Everyone likes him, right? Right? Anyone? Anyone at least know who he is? No? Oh well. (Though I hear that he's going to be playing a part in the story come 5.1 or 5.2)

Personally though, I'm looking forward to the day Sylvanas gets her comeuppance and Koltira Deathweaver takes his rightful place as leader of the Forsaken.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Koltira as leader of the Forsaken is an option I had not considered yet, but it's certainly an interesting ones. It would create an interesting tension between the expansion the Forsaken have been pushing for in Lordaeron and the efforts of the Ebon Hold to mop up the last Scourge forces in the area. Even if the Ebon Hold is officially neutral in the conflict, I can't see Mograine willingly handing over the Plaguelands to the Horde.

24. - Top - End - #1194

@Heroic Yorsahj
    Yeah, we did that all the time. Anything sub 15 million you can usually just pop CD's and burn him down before anything major happens, so long as your DPS core is solid. Healers dump in some damage too (no one to heal while the slimes move towards him), and you're okay.
    Depending on the first combination, we did the same thing then as well.

God I miss raiding. Stupid crappy nightshift at work.

@Warchief
    Spoiler
    Show

Vol'jin wants peace just as much as Thrall did. His tribe isn't huge, and he wants his tribe to have a place in the world.
    That said, given how he has behaved in The Shattering and Tides of War, I don't think he would rule individually. The title of Warchief might not exist post-Garrosh. I believe he and Baine would establish some kind of Horde council, which they hinted at very strongly in Tides of War. The only issue with that would be Sylvanas and her... domineering attitude. But, Sylvanas has also stated that she would rather not lead the Horde, she's more concerned with her people. Same with Lo'themar Theron. As such, I think the Council would work out rather well for the Horde, as long as they somehow avert open war post-Garrosh.

EDIT:
    @Class Specific Content
    Spoiler
    Show

Called it.
    In their Best Buy interviews they basically said that they want to make sure that Class quests are delivered correctly, Proving Grounds appears to be that delivery vehicle, though this is not the sum-total purpose of Proving Grounds.
    They want Proving Grounds to be up and running in patch 5.1, and Class Specific Content happening within a patch after that (5.1 and a half, or 5.2).

@Patch 5.1 and 5.2
    Spoiler
    Show

5.1 is going extremely well, and work started on 5.2 about a week after they announced the ship date.
    Extrapolation from this information:
    They might actually be building each content patch at the same time, or with a very well thought out plan in mind. Typically each patch has been a step by step progression, with no further thought than "we know we have to get to this point by the end of the expansion" so this bodes well.
    And they appear to really be focusing on a commitment to features, not just content.

If the personal farms with the Tillers Faction goes well, other individualized and customizeable content could be in the works. Player Housing/Guild Housing was an example given. But, they are still hesitant to do anything that would prevent players from getting out into the world, they don't want people holed up in their house or guild hall, they want people out and about.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-21 at 04:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'm thinking about trying to solo some of the old raids to get transmog gear, mounts, achievements, etc. Problem is, I really don't know where to start. I'm already attuned to Blackwing Lair,, but other than that, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'm going to be doing this with an 85 Blood Elf Warrior, geared mostly in IL 378 & 397 gear. any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

26. - Top - End - #1196

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThieves View Post
    I'm thinking about trying to solo some of the old raids to get transmog gear, mounts, achievements, etc. Problem is, I really don't know where to start. I'm already attuned to Blackwing Lair,, but other than that, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'm going to be doing this with an 85 Blood Elf Warrior, geared mostly in IL 378 & 397 gear. any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.
    Disclaimer: I have no idea how good warriors are, I really only know of DKs and pallys.

I know a lot of people start off with MC, there is an NPC that will teleport you inside without being in a raid group. I don't know much more then that :P
    Boo!

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can't speak for 5.0.4, but generally speaking warriors are fairly weak for soloing old content, mainly due to their limited ability to self-heal. Molten Core should be fine though. The only bosses that really give you trouble are Baron Geddon and Ragnaros. Baron Geddon can easily kill you through fall damage on Living Bomb, kite and fight him in a corridor with a low ceiling to avoid that. Ragnaros has a knockback ability that causes fall damage too, avoid it by positioning yourself so that you'll fall into the lava rather than on a rock. The lava ticks for a set amount, fall damage hits for percentages.

Blackwing Lair should be doable solo, although due to mechanics you'll need to bring a friend or two for the first boss. Nothing should be too hard if you keep in mind the self-healing of Ebonroc and remember to bring some Hourglass Sand to kill the Brood Affliction: Bronze on Chromaggus. All bosses of the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj should be doable just fine. In Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, you should be able to kill everything except the Twin Emperors, C'thun and Viscidus. These encounters all have mechanics that require multiple players in one way or the other.

As for tier 4 content, Gruul's Lair will be a huge pain. Gruul himself isn't too hard, but the High King Maulgar encounter is pretty much impossible, with his council constantly keeping you stunned, feared and polymorphed. Magtheridon's Lair might be doable with a protection spec, if you can interrupt the heals cast by the adds at the right times. Be prepared for a drag-out fight either way. Karazhan is by far the easiest of the T4 raids. Nothing there should give you any serious trouble. The only snag is the chess event. You should be able to do it solo with a massive amount of luck, but prepare to spend quite a bit of time there.

Tier 5 is where it gets really hard. Hydross the Unstable is a massive DPS race before his stacking debuff catches up with you, and unlike paladins you can't just push one button to put yourself back at 100% health. Victory Rush on the adds isn't an option here as they don't yield XP. Leotheras the Blind is fairly easy, just hit him until he stops moving. Fathom-Lord Karathress will give you the same problem as Maulgar: Too much CC from his council. Both Morogrim Tidewalker and Lady Vashj will completely overwhelm you in their add phase.

Tier 6 is pretty much a no-go. High Warlord Naj'entus requires more than one person to handle the impale effect, and Reliquary of Souls will stunlock you to death. Sunwell Plateau might be doable, although you'll have to hug the hedges on Kalecgos' platform to avoid that fight, which again requires multiple raid members due to mechanics. When it comes to soloing pretty much every encounter will be a brutal gear/DPS check, becoming all but impossible around M'uru/Entropius/Kil'jaden unless you're in at least ilevel 400 or so gear.

Unfortunately I have no experience with tier 7 content beyond Onyxia's Lair 10 man. That fight took me almost 45 minutes to clear while using dps gear in prot spec (paladins have the advantage that both those specs stack mastery as their main secondary stat, allowing us to freely switch pieces of gear as needed). Maybe Victory Rush shenanigans might keep you alive here (the level 80 adds do trigger it, unlike the level 70 ones on Hydross the Unstable), but it will be a drag out fight regardless due to your almost complete lack of ranged abilities. Naxxramas might have a few bosses that can be done solo, but I've never bothered.
    Last edited by Skios; 2012-09-22 at 10:37 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1198

However, while not solo-able, all of that content is doable with 3-5 people. Easy enough with 359 gear or better.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    added in 5 new levels
    5 levels too few, there was enough content kicking once you reached 85 around to easily go up more levels
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Troll in the Playground

I have heard... things about the Theramore scenario. Is it bad?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.