New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Hi! Well, taverns are a good starting place.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Hi! Well, taverns are a good starting place.
    That is one of the most true statements I have ever heard...why didn't i think of that
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Im glad to state the obvious.

Just find one that appeals to you.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Dox the Ninth
    Guest in the Playground

After demonstrating a misunderstanding of bars, I was recommended to post here. I thought things would be easier if I just jumped in, but clearly I got ahead of myself. The name's Dox. I'm a bit disoriented, but once I get by bearings I look forward to roleplaying with the rest of you!

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

It's OK. I made that mistake when I started. >.<

It's OK. You can still post if you want. Also, Hello again!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dox the Ninth View Post
    After demonstrating a misunderstanding of bars, I was recommended to post here. I thought things would be easier if I just jumped in, but clearly I got ahead of myself. The name's Dox. I'm a bit disoriented, but once I get by bearings I look forward to roleplaying with the rest of you!
    Welcome fellow newbie. I am kind of going through this whole thing by the seat of my pants right now. I am entirely willing to help you out however I can.
    - La Bamba

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Heya FM and Dox. Welcome to the Nexus. Yeah, it can be a bit confusing at first, but you get onto it.

As for places to post first. The taverns are generally a decent choice. Trog's being the usual and Black Dragon's Den being a good option for the more shady characters. Another good location is Mallside. It's, predictably, a Mall.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-02-26 at 11:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Dox the Ninth
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Messiah View Post
    Welcome fellow newbie. I am kind of going through this whole thing by the seat of my pants right now. I am entirely willing to help you out however I can.
    I've done this sort of thing before many times, but it's been a while since I've entered an RP this active and chaotic. Here's hoping for some good adventure, eh?

9. - Top - End - #909
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dox the Ninth View Post
    I've done this sort of thing before many times, but it's been a while since I've entered an RP this active and chaotic. Here's hoping for some good adventure, eh?
    Right back at you man. Yeah, I am fresh on the scene of FFRP which maybe working to my advantage
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

10. - Top - End - #910
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    -------
    And an influx of private schools "sponsored" (owned) by an unknown benefactor may soon hit the Nexus, for everyone's information. When my time frees up and I attain everyone's blessing, more specifically.

I'm going to try to recreate a social experiment my buddy educated me on not long ago. And just what is that social experiment you do/don't ask?

Nexus Plot Spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Installing a dictatorial regime on a small scale!

Yep! That'll be fun.
    Hey Alexandrian, when/whereabouts is this going to happen? What type of character interaction are you looking for? Do you need students?

---

Beans/MIndfreak would you be interested in another Troll running around? We’ve partly been thinking about one for a few days.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

&we, I think we're both waiting on each other in the DFI... Are you waiting for Maerndra to approach your time traveler?

12. - Top - End - #912
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thought Maerndra and RandomPoster’s character were talking? We can start a post to get the woman to approach Maerndra, it would just take a little pushing from one of her more sensible elders to make her do something. If the site, our connection, and RL allows we should have that post up soon-ish.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

They were, but plotcloning can take care of that if he posts for the scene in the near future.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Barbarian in the Playground

Usourselves&we, I have no problem if you bring in another troll. It'll just make things even more interesting!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, okay. Slii's newest avatar? Gives me the willies.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-02-27 at 07:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a good image of Julie though. Click the link in his Signature for the full view if you haven't seen it already
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

That one's worse. It's the rather incongruous juxtaposition of the elegantly proportioned body (and inexplicably shaded boobs? ) with the cartoonishly... er... cartoonish face that bothers me so. Both would have been charming on their own. Together they take a flaming swan dive straight into the uncanny valley, or at least, the 'those art styles seriously do not go together' valley. The style of face in the DLB's Cessie and Sakura avatars would have worked better.

That's my opinion, anyway.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-02-27 at 09:24 AM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I've been thinking of getting an avatar of Dipsnig with both his wolves. I'm just not sure who to ask.
    Also, I've been considering bringing the family of one of my characters on-screen for the purposes of drama. However, I'm not sure which one's. The three prime candidates are Wenomir, Dorota and Sophie because their relationship with their families is or was turbulent.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #919

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    That one's worse. It's the rather incongruous juxtaposition of the elegantly proportioned body (and inexplicably shaded boobs? ) with the cartoonishly... er... cartoonish face that bothers me so. Both would have been charming on their own. Together they take a flaming swan dive straight into the uncanny valley, or at least, the 'those art styles seriously do not go together' valley. The style of face in the DLB's Cessie and Sakura avatars would have worked better.

That's my opinion, anyway.
    *sighs*

Right, I switched it back. I asked DLB for a picture of Julie to cheer me up, and didn't mean to offend anyone's taste in art by actually broadcasting my enjoyment of it. I'm keeping the full version in the sig link, but if you don't like it, simply don't click on it.

Simple as that.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #920

I personally liked your new avatar, Slii.
    Then again, I always like DarkLord Bright's art.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #921

I personally like it as a full picture, but as a headshot? Not as good as the Trix or Grot. (I think that's what the goblin characters name is)

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

1. I think a disturbing Julietar is entirely in keeping with her character and should be reinstated immediately.

2. Orchestra and Earl should continue their negotiations because dinner will take longer for Brand to prepare than the 2-3 posts that have occurred so far.

3. Dunno if I'm needed anywhere. If so, poke me.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Usourselves&we, I have no problem if you bring in another troll. It'll just make things even more interesting!
    Works for me, I guess.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

C'nor, I tried to respond to you pm, but it says your mailbox is full, and I don't think it sent it. The pm that is.

Since it isn't necessarily private:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor
    Are you still interested in the Nexus? I haven't seen you around there recently...

(Also, if you are, since Temperaments in Tempest died, would you be up for transplanting Chloe and Alia?)
    Yes, the Nexus was lots of fun, but I felt like I bogged stuff down since I don't have lengths of time I can be "on" to respond to things in real time. Perhaps it was just my imagination, though.

I work customer service, so only get two break's and a lunch to check my stuff online, unlike some who can do it throughout the day.

If that doesn't seem to be a problem, I'd love to see what Chloé is up to again; TiT was so much fun while it lasted.

What did you have in mind?
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Bugbear in the Playground

*pokes KK to MaGloG*

@ Mindfreak: So for the translator I assume a weeks work. Since his speech has only one word they have to go over every word to make out what it means.

*poks Rein to Trog's*
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-02-27 at 06:54 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

*reads without hesitation, tilts head at self*

Anyway, psiclone, being a slow poster/having only so many hours in a day isn't bad. Don't feel like you're bogging people down if you still want to participate. You wouldn't be the only person with your problem, and it's completely acceptable. Generally if people are getting bogged down, they can still have other places to post with other characters or plotclones. I'm sure most people here are perfectly willing to wait on those who can't post as often as them. I know I am.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

If you enjoy the avatar, then keep it. I don't mean to attack anyone's taste in avatar. Unless their avatar is a shrine to Adolf Hitler or a picture of decapitated puppies or something, in which case, probably, yeah.
    I'm not offended by the avatar. I just thought it was worth commenting on, since I'm as much a fan of DLB's art as anybody else, and hopes he continues improving, and I thought this current one was a step down from what he usually does, not up, which can sometimes happen.
    But I'm just some guy, y'know? My word is not the supreme word of God, or anything silly like that.

28. - Top - End - #928

Happyturtle, I didn't notice your post where Moff followed Ilpholin before I posted.
    If I had he would have been barred entry.
    But that's not a big issue, since I can address it in my next post.
    The thing is that the BioLab is only connected to AMEN via a portal that Magtok set up. It is no way a part of the AMEN building and is located far away AMEN I believe.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #929

Intellectually, I know that Kris, it's just that this isn't the Art subforum, and I had two options, emotionally, as to how I could respond. I could stand up for what I felt was a nice attempt at a new style, or I could buckle and say screw it.

I'm not emotionally stable enough right now for the former. I would have lashed out at you harshly without meaning to, so I chose to switch back and cool off instead.

Maybe once I'm in a better place mentally I'll feel comfortable bringing back the affectionately (or not-so-affectionately) dubbed "creepy Julie". For now, I'm going to try to fade back into my happy place and continue to post sparingly.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, Mindfreak. This particular Moff is protective of Ilpholin for.. reasons. If you want me to retcon Moff out of that scene I will.

As for whether it's part of the base or not, Moff doesn't actually have any of that information. He walked into AMEN, and followed Ilpholin (or not) into the Biolab, which appears to be a different room under the same roof if the portal is open. For all he knows, the base shifted this room into existence since he was last here.

But I'll retcon out if you'd rather. He wouldn't have forced the issue if denied entry.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs