New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Hey TS?

Hate to burst the bubble of whatever plot you've got brewing, but the genestealers and Xenomorphs are player controlled - the xenomorphs by DeB and the genestealers by Rebo and Wolfy.
    I didn't know there actually were genestealers and xenomorphs down there being played out... I just figured they'd be something that could be npc'd into there.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

They have not been played recently, but yes, people have been interacted with them on occasion, and to my knowledge, Chaotic Bob has been idly planning on bringing the Xenomorphs back into action on occasion.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...Can I just go edit in a sidenote that they aren't the ones you guys play? I mean, people sometimes play spehss mehreens, but that doesn't mean someone can't throw in a one time spehss mehreen NPC...

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

While I don't mind saying my genestealers are gone since I never established mine very well, I cannot speak for Rebo or Chaotic Bob. To my knowledge though, both groups are pretty territorial.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll change them into remainders of my geneshaper invasion and harlequin gang plots, then. The survivors of both did retreat into the sewers...

(Recaiden) He lives!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the bananas bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Er...Well. Half of The Sleeping Goblin just blew up...The whole kitchen exploded. Now the inns on fire....Maybe someone could investigate and put out the fire? It was rather loud.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Er...Well. Half of The Sleeping Goblin just blew up...The whole kitchen exploded. Now the inns on fire....Maybe someone could investigate and put out the fire? It was rather loud.
    Going to be sending Carmine there soon.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok. Hopefully no one will die...

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Barbarian in the Playground

If it helps at all, while Elio didn't make the inn explosion proof, the fireproofing should still be effective.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Which is why the flames aren't actually touching SG, the kitchen's still blown up. Thank Elio!

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Bugbear in the Playground

* poks C'Nor to Common street in Inside*
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point, since Tlannae is utterly non-magical and thus can't really afftect things, she's mostly just hiding behind a car.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-03 at 05:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094

I know that. And the scorpion doesn't run into that fight as well. Remember he asked her a question. After all he dislikes the way this goes, but since he doesn't know much of the Nexus he won't act in the fight as well.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Dwarf in the Playground

sorry for vanishing for a few days like that. been studying history for an upcoming test. anywhere I am needed?

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the trollocs bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #1097

Hey, BR? I think Bethany's question was aimed at Shrike.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Dox the Ninth
    Guest in the Playground

General question here.

What is the accepted 'power level' for this world? I'm using a character from a similar setting, but odds are his original form would be considered OP.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Power levels go all over the place around here, it really depends on the player.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Any power level is fine, but you have to remember comparisons. Super aggressive characters tend to not last long because of OOC exasperation and the like. the more high powered a character is, the less aggressive they need to be.

For example, a wombat could be a rabid bloodthirsty cute little monster, but a god would have to be fairly passive, though that doesn't mean inactive.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-03 at 11:43 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Dox the Ninth
    Guest in the Playground

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll play it by ear and trust things go well.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

It's best to err on the side of lower power levels, especially when you first start. It's easier to power up a character than to nerf them, if you need to tweak levels after you've gotten the hang of things. A general rule of thumb - if you're slinging around powers that would insta-kill an unpowered npc human with no chance of surviving, then you probably should tone it down.

Also be sure and read the faqs. *points to link in sig*

Welcome!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

*hides pistol behind back* >.>
    Hey, it's not my fault you silly mortals are so easy to kill!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello all, well. I'm sick. Caught a rather painful stomach virus. It gives me headaches, stomach pain, and I can't eat....So, I may or may not be posting as much as I usually would and I'm definitely not staying up past ten. If I seem rather frustrated it's because I am in no small amount of pain and am not happy about it...Sadly I had to get up insanely early today so I'm posting this now. So if I'm not posting as often or I come off as mean to anyone, I'll apologize after I'm done throwing up for the twelfth time today....Sorry.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Hello all, well. I'm sick. Caught a rather painful stomach virus. It gives me headaches, stomach pain, and I can't eat....So, I may or may not be posting as much as I usually would and I'm definitely not staying up past ten. If I seem rather frustrated it's because I am in no small amount of pain and am not happy about it...Sadly I had to get up insanely early today so I'm posting this now. So if I'm not posting as often or I come off as mean to anyone, I'll apologize after I'm done throwing up for the twelfth time today....Sorry.
    Get some rest, man. The forum will still be here when you're feeling better.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1106

singingnoodle health and sanity goes first. the Forum maybe on place 4-whatever. You don't need to apologize for that.

27. - Top - End - #1107

I hope you feel better soon, Singingnoodle.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Orc in the Playground

Hey man, don't beat yourself up for something you can't control. You take as long as you need, we will be ready for your triumphant non-ill return.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks all. Took a long shower. Feel a little better.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

@ Rotting Baron and the Nest gang: Why did Ashley back out of the wedding? Was it because she wanted to be with Ally, or was there more to it?

I find broken relationships interesting, because the Nexus tends towards happy ever after. Partly because we don't like to disappoint out rp partner. Partly because we want good things for our character. But mostly, I think, because roleplay lets us gloss over all the human failures and day to day irritants that wear at RL relationships. Whatever the reason, it seems that relationships are much more often ended by deadtime widowhood rather than 'it didn't work out', which makes it fun to read when you get a break-up.

(Not that there's anything wrong with roleplaying happy relationships. I certainly have my fair share.)

And now, for sleep...
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs