New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

1. Lolno'ing the agreed sequence of events three posts later is not nice. It means having to go back and retcon multiple actions, and that's just not allowed unless everyone agrees.

2. Magtok is a mad scientist and a genius with machinery. If it wasn't going to charge up, the character would have known that before he even tried it.

3. It was Phantom's generator, not yours. It was up to him to say what was going to happen. He agreed with the railgun > explosion sequence, so that's what everyone posted based on.

4. Kal and his devils are controlled by Kris, and it's up to him to interpret what they'll do. As he said, they're devils. They don't play fair. You don't get to pre-emptively say that what he's trying won't work. You have to wait to see what they're going to do.

5. Apparently half of the Moffs are now pregnant.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-02 at 08:39 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

@Happy: Do you want me to quote the PM where Phantom says it'll take a full minute to activate? Cause he did. Also, I fail to see how Magtok the character could instantly know how a generator he's never seen in action works. Finally, as for the devils, as I said, Kris is free to have them do whatever they want, I just said that I don't believe Prometheus has broken the contract.

@Magtok: Yep, I did indeed say that. Apparently I misjudged the span of time involved, which Gordon has set definitively as one minute.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesn't matter, since these events were agreed upon ahead of time by Phantom, and acted upon by everyone else.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2012-02-02 at 08:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... Are shapeshifters that have altered their bodies to prevent pregnancies and magically created Selkie/Siren/Drow/Shark hybrids counted as ladies?

5. - Top - End - #95

Okay, time out. Let me go over how the generator worked the last time, then I'll come back and say how it works this time. Third, I was going off the top of my mind when I replied, can you please let me look it up?

V As for why I didn't speak up, I was away from my computer at the time.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2012-02-02 at 08:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, then why didn't Phantom say it would take a full minute back when it was all being discussed a few pages back, and people deciding on what to post based on that?

Sorry, retconning without every player's permission is not allowed. Better to break continuity by having the generator work slightly differently now than to make everyone back up and redo their posts.

After all, lightning has been flying around the battlefield like crazy. It's not unreasonable that the generator was affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    TE: Of course Prommy hasn't broken any rules of the fight. You're making the mistake of assuming that Kal plays fair.
    He is a devil, after all.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-02 at 08:49 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    TE, even if it took a minute normally to make such a field, the generator is being overloaded by the Mechalomania as far as I can tell, so it wouldn't take nearly that long.
    I think this was missed.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Okay, time out. Let me go over how the generator worked the last time, then I'll come back and say how it works this time. Third, I was going off the top of my mind when I replied, can you please let me look it up?
    There is a time out. No more posts on the subject please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Phantom, I meant the conversation that started here, where you and Magtok went over what might happen with the generator. You didn't say then it would take a full minute.

And I'm getting riled up over this, so I'm going to back out. This is between the players involved, and whether or not TE's retcon is allowed to stand is up to them.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #100

Okay, now that I have gone over the posts of the generator, it starts creating a magnetic field a few seconds after its turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Lab #6

He knows some science, but he isn't a sciencist really. Gordon gets into the booth, and turns the generator. A hum fills the room, as the generator starts up.

"So far so good."

The light bulbs starts lighting, one wall all lit up. Gordon pulls down on the lever, speeding the generator up. The other walls start lighting up, while the metal things in the booth start moving slightly towards the generator.
    "Seems to be stable. Now, are we ready for the testing the limits of how much power we can make?"

Wouldn't be villainous science if you don't see what the limits are for your inventions.
    Sorry, Third. I should have looked more closely at what I had posted earlier.

11. - Top - End - #101

Okay, so there is a delay, just not a full minute?

Also, Kris... You do realize that the battlemages aren't actually on the battlefield, or even inside the forcefield bubble, right?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

(Psst... Kal is cheating. )

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #103

Oh, I fully recognize that. It's just that I'm sort of surprised that Kal would lie so blatantly, seeing as everyone there is looking straight at the battlefield and can clearly see that the battlemages are nowhere near.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Real quick here, guys, I'd like to announce that I'll be back to normal posting tomorrow! Actually, the posting should be better than normal 'cause I'll be able to log on around 10 a.m. pst.

Which is neat because that implies that I only have one class to attend this Friday.

It also should aptly explain why I haven't had time to do anything fun for the past few days.

Cramming five days of teaching into four complete with all the accompanying homework and quizzes and such isn't good for my sleeping habits or posting.

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow.

And there's no way I'm touching this generator dispute with a 10 foot pole after getting so overzealous last time...

I love science so much that it'll get me killed some day! *Is potential Aperture Science Test Subject (except that he/she likes shoes waaaay too much.)*

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Oh, I fully recognize that. It's just that I'm sort of surprised that Kal would lie so blatantly, seeing as everyone there is looking straight at the battlefield and can clearly see that the battlemages are nowhere near.
    Er... You said they popped in right at the edge of the forcefield, not 'nowhere near the battlefield'. Considering that they work for Prometheus, Kal's not the only one interpreting them that way; Karyana sees them as being pretty much ideally placed to mop up Magtok and/or Ilpholin if they win, and, as such, being backup.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Noodle, saying that the gold coin has an eye on it doesn't tell me anything about the kind of magic that might be on it or what it does. I can guess, but the combat mage would be able to figure out some of it.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, whoops. I was distracted. I'll go edit.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes c'nor to the nest*
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Er... You said they popped in right at the edge of the forcefield, not 'nowhere near the battlefield'. Considering that they work for Prometheus, Kal's not the only one interpreting them that way; Karyana sees them as being pretty much ideally placed to mop up Magtok and/or Ilpholin if they win, and, as such, being backup.
    I also thought the battlefield started on the other side of the forcefield.

@TE: Be sure and post here when you've edited your Outside post. I don't want to confuse things more by posting for Darcy or Moff before that's resolved.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-02 at 10:03 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #110

Um, the battlefield is inside the forcefield, right? That's how I've been seeing it. Either way, the battlemages are on the side opposite the fighting.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

So, When are me and hipho going to stop making Ultimate Showdown References in outside?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The world may never know.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    The world may never know.

Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

24. - Top - End - #114

Hey, just wanted to let people know that for the next few days, my posting will probably be kind of sparse.

Just got some things to take care of.

But I will be posting!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

This is how I pictured it. There's battlefield and there's audience milling about, with a forcefield dividing them.

Magtok set it up, so he can say yay or nay.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yay. Extra text
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-02-02 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #117

That's how I pictured it as well.

Anyway, any objections to the generator working, but taking 5-6 seconds to boot up, as Gordon said it would?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Dead cells replicating over and over sounds like some form of... guinea pig zombie cancer.
    Doctor, your Guinea Pig has Cancer....

ZOMMMMBEEEH CANNNCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*PEW PEW PEW, KA-PLOWWY!!!*

Sorry... But you kinda walked into that one...

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    That's how I pictured it as well.

Anyway, any objections to the generator working, but taking 5-6 seconds to boot up, as Gordon said it would?
    I supoooooooose. Even so, that's about five seconds of Mag sitting pretty far away on the other end of the battlefield, knowing that Prom just got through with shooting at Ilpholin, and also the second half of that Hamlet quote in my post. Not much time for Prommy to work with before he gets MagCannon'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Pokes Third to Gnoll attack!