New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I think Wolfbane mention ten or fifteen thousand gold at one point, assuming one wishes to bid on multiple people, so that's probably a bit low, even to buy one person...
    I was personally thinking 10k gold, in platinum pieces/other higher denominational equivalent, for Reinholdt. But he's rich.

Ilpholin and Butler won't have nearly that much. But that's just what I was thinking of before now. I gotta reevaluate now.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-05 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

If I said 10-15k, then we'll go by that, but I don't remember it at all.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think you said it in the OOC...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't recall wolf saying anything of the sort and I asked him directly once before.

That's just where I mentally figured things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought you said something around there the first time you mentioned setting a limit? I don't know, though... It's certainly possible that I'm wrong. Probable, in fact.

But yeah, considering the money thrown around in the Nexus, 3K per auctionee isn't that much here.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-05 at 10:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the double post, but I'm deadtiming now. I'll be back in the morning, probably. Good night!

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... I'm not sure where to put Meidani's limit. Probably about two thirds of the cap, whatever that is.

She's only planning to bid on one person right now, anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, after playing way too much SSX, I've decided I want to play a character who only wants to find the most kickin' rad slopes in the Nexus.

How many people would want to interact with this latest awful idea of mine?

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Translation plox?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1180

I wanna play an extreme snowboarder, basically.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

NO probably is the best place to go then. Maybe train Tweetums to snowboard! =D
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

RB, you said Ashley took all of her possessions when she left the Nest - does that include the bag Karyana gave her for letters?

13. - Top - End - #1183

No, Ashley left that bag. I forgot to mention that, sorry.

14. - Top - End - #1184

With money brought up, I have a question.
    Do you guys often play a character for who money isn't a problem or one who watches their wallet carefully?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got several characters that don't have a problem with money, but also several that don't have much at all - notably, my seven Tieflings, Tirin, and Harin.

Also one rather odd case - Talnissa's got plenty of money, (thirty-five years worth of wages) but since she has no other way to get any, she tries to not spend that much of it.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Also one rather odd case - Talnissa's got plenty of money, (thirty-five years worth of wages) but since she has no other way to get any, she tries to not spend that much of it.
    Can't she invest or something?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Can't she invest or something?
    How? I'm not, y'know, seeing a Nexus stock market or anything... That said, she may still have a job at the Clockwork Shop, now that iElf is back.

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Do you guys often play a character for who money isn't a problem or one who watches their wallet carefully?
    It's about even for me. I have characters with no use for money, characters who's money troubles were the driving force behind some of their troubles, and characters with special needs they can't acquire through money alone, but otherwise aren't troubled for funds.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Well...

My two main characters are Grace and Genesis.

Grace owns Mallside, and generally knows what she's doing in terms of money. I do try and keep it a bit sane, but I generally assume she has the funds to pull off whatever scheme has gotten to her lately.

Genesis can make money out of emotions, magic, and dreams, and she has a continual flow of magic to work with. If she wanted to, she could probably destabilize the economy of an entire world. Luckily, she has no interest in that, and neither do I. Also, she has precious little reason to make money in the first place. What would she spend it on?

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Generally I don't pay money much mind. Sometimes I have characters that just have money through backstory, like Kirk. Sometimes I introduce a character that has no money and all and it'll actually effect them, like Sakura when she was introduced. Other times my characters may have off screen jobs or the like, Arel up until recently. It's whatever fits the character, though it's rarely something I treat as a big deal.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Earl, just a quick note - I'm not sure whether or not it changes anything, but Despair reacting to what Azurelle was doing was intended fairly rare. If Azurelle would still have the same interpretation, I'm fine with it, it's just that that wasn't the impression I got of how you saw events

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim prefers to steal things than buy them, though about 3,600 year's worth of stealing leaves you with quite a haul for when buying is necessary.

The clergy of Dalachrech make money by selling honey, spider silk and other insect-related products off screen; occasionally religious pilgrims are concealing contraband on their way around the Temples, but mainly they're money is all above-board. Except for Defelent, who also acts as a local smuggler and fence in Riverside.

Natalie's father is minor nobility and is a professor in the most prestigious university of her homeworld.

Morbit has no need for money.

Mrs. Bloodplunder is a retired adventurer. So she's rather rich, although she can have difficulty with money as her parents were nomadic barbarians.

Iron Pyrite is skint, scruffy and unlikely to find work. But he has several spirits living in his head whispering secrets into his brain so he can tell fortunes, see through most illusions and act in other witch-like ways. Though that has resulted in slight insanity.

Pontius runs a business which is relatively successful, despite low numbers of PC visits.

Krikebulin hasn't been on-screen yet, but also runs a successful business.

Mortius inherited quite a bit of money from various deceased family members, though that was whilst he was alive and his homeland has laws against undead inheriting too much money. He's also the spymaster for Ramiro.

Myrim has no idea what money actually is, just that it's important to elves- her culture uses barter rather than currency.

The three GLoG slaves either rely on GLoG charity or have a job somewhere that enables them to work within touching distance. I don't play them often so I don't know.

I think that's everybody, but I have a brand-new (since Saturday!) laptop and can't check my character list.

To C'nor: Oh, the flinches? I'll edit. I'll keep the name Wussy, though; it's the only one I'd thought of.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-03-06 at 04:06 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

most of my characters either have a lot of money from adventuring or ill gotten funds , or have little to no money at all

on that point 30 mins deadtime while I take a nice bath

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1194

So, I've had a few ideas bouncing around in my head.
    And because I love the idea of a closed community with no communication with the outside world, they all relate to that.

So, would anyone else be interested in the following plots?:

Vault-Tec has come to the Nexus and has built a vault! However, nukes start flying and the people high tail it into there! The door is shut and the horrifying experiment begins: If you stick a bunch of people into a vault and make the Overseer's job be left to a vote, as well as Chief of Security and such, how would it turn out?

Or:

The SPACE Station has been launched into orbit! Filled with scientists, civilians, and even a few convicts! Hilarity ensues!

Or:

A large, enclosed biome has been built under Umbrella and covers over a 2 KM radius. Completely man made it is an automatic system that was designed for colonizing planets. Scientists who volunteered to be put in has already been there for 12 years.

Anyone?
    I'd like to do one of the ideas...
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

While all the ideas are interesting enough, I do have one point to raise.

...a closed community with no communication with the outside world...
    In regards to this, you might as well not be in the Nexus at all. In fact, you really aren't, even though you may say that the place is in the Nexus. If it's impossible for it to interract with the Nexus at large, it's not in the Nexus.

Now, if you'd put this up in FFRP central or the like, I wouldn't bat an eye. But this is the Nexus OoC thread.

26. - Top - End - #1196

So, I've had a few ideas bouncing around in my head.
    And because I love the idea of a closed community with no communication with the outside world, they all relate to that.

So, would anyone else be interested in the following plots?:

Vault-Tec has come to the Nexus and has built a vault! However, nukes start flying and the people high tail it into there! The door is shut and the horrifying experiment begins: If you stick a bunch of people into a vault and make the Overseer's job be left to a vote, as well as Chief of Security and such, how would it turn out?

Or:

The SPACE Station has been launched into orbit! Filled with scientists, civilians, and even a few convicts! Hilarity ensues!

Or:

A large, enclosed biome has been built under Umbrella and covers over a 2 KM radius. Completely man made it is an automatic system that was designed for colonizing planets. Scientists who volunteered to be put in has already been there for 12 years.

Anyone?
    I'd like to do one of the ideas...
    The vault premise doesn't sound half bad, if you scratch the nukes anyway. There's kind of a stigma against doomweapons being slung around, and I really can't see any reason that a vault being built would suddenly cause nukes to drop. I'd rather see some other reason be used to justify people being locked in the vault, like a preliminary test "gone wrong" than see someone drop nuclear bombs on the Nexus for the sake of a plot.

The laws of unintended consequences get worse when radiation is involved.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Obsidian Maze]

The snake laughs derisively. "A grace isn't just an object. It is a manifest aspect of a being, an object that is an identity. Your sword is only sharp and pointy. A grace defines the world through its use, as a being defines the world by acting."
    Do you mind elaborating a bit on graces? I think I accidentally came up with the same thing with my Tieflings...

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometime in the near-ish future I'll see if I can get a plot or something connected to the 99 Hornets From Space, which is totally a thing still no I haven't forgotten them ever.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    While all the ideas are interesting enough, I do have one point to raise.

In regards to this, you might as well not be in the Nexus at all. In fact, you really aren't, even though you may say that the place is in the Nexus. If it's impossible for it to interract with the Nexus at large, it's not in the Nexus.

Now, if you'd put this up in FFRP central or the like, I wouldn't bat an eye. But this is the Nexus OoC thread.
    I don't know why you'd say this at all.
    I meant it that I liked the idea of a closed community with no communication with the outside world as a plot premise.
    And further more, the ideas are plots, it's not meant to be another FFRP.
    And quite frankly I'm a bit peeved that you'd think such.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know why you'd say this at all.
    I meant it that I liked the idea of a closed community with no communication with the outside world as a plot premise.
    And further more, the ideas are plots, it's not meant to be another FFRP.
    And quite frankly I'm a bit peeved that you'd think such.
    Okay, apparently I came off differently than I'd intended with my last post. I'll try and better express what I had meant to say.

From your post I got the impression that it's something completely and utterly cut off from the Nexus. It just didn't make sense to me that something should be so completely isolated. Now if you did intend to have it become accessible or for it to access the Nexus at large, then I misunderstood and my observations were mistaken.