New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    I supoooooooose. Even so, that's about five seconds of Mag sitting pretty far away on the other end of the battlefield, knowing that Prom just got through with shooting at Ilpholin, and also the second half of that Hamlet quote in my post. Not much time for Prommy to work with before he gets MagCannon'd.
    MagCannon? I must dispute your terminology there. This is clearly a MagDoken, as Magtok is being thrown, albeit by magnetic force, rather than shot out of a literal cannon.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

I've posted for a group of Minny mallside if anyone's interested.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Chez, in outside, the gnoll isn't dead. Just terribly wounded. Dropping it would give it a chance to try something else, such as possibly knocking him over, or stabbing him in the foot with one of the handy arrows.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Chez, in outside, the gnoll isn't dead. Just terribly wounded. Dropping it would give it a chance to try something else, such as possibly knocking him over, or stabbing him in the foot with one of the handy arrows.
    Ah. Well since Chez had it by the neck, what say he crushed it's windpipe with those big old paws of his first...?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

The gnoll is quite large. It would take a considerable amount of force, but seeing as there are quite a lot of them there, I'd say it's fine.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Banned

The gnoll is quite large. It would take a considerable amount of force, but seeing as there are quite a lot of them there, I'd say it's fine.
    Chez is a ten foot tall wolf with strength comparable to a Bodybuilder. He can benchpress an SUV...

I think he has enough to choke a Hyena Gangster...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

Which is why I said it was fine.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Just to check, since it might affect whether or not Talnissa's internal steamcloud overpressurizes and makes her current body explode, what parts of her are the flame arrows aimed at?

Oh, and deadtime, though hopefully a brief one.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, sorry. Should have added that to the post. They are mostly aimed at her face and upper torso.

10. - Top - End - #130

Hold on a second.... Magtok's sitting on the generator, which will shortly hurl him away from it... Shouldn't it end up throwing him into the air, rather than at Prometheus?

No, this isn't in any way serious, just something amusing I noticed. I'm assuming that he's actually sitting with his back against the generator, or in front of it, or whatever.

11. - Top - End - #131

Aaaaaand edited.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, so... let's say Prom can stop firing at Ilpholin again and again, get close enough to the other side of the battlefield to lob a grenade, and knows Magtok intends to use himself as live ammo in a rail gun scenario and not try to magnetize pull Prom in, in the span of four seconds. Setting all that aside, because it's your call there.

But, are you going to actually reply to the firing and the ensuing explosion that follows or would you prefer letting Magtok decide if he and the explosion hits Prom or not?

Also, you need to respond to the battlemages getting wedgies from Moffs.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-02-03 at 01:30 AM.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #133

Well, I can hardly say whether the kamikaze hits Prometheus or not until I know how successful his efforts to derail it were. As for the explosion, if Phantom says it can reach all the way from the edge of the arena to hit Prometheus, so it does.

Also, if anyone really objects to my current post, I do have another draft that might be called more logical, but also happens to be seriously lame and excruciatingly, mundanely boring.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Well throwing a grenade that catches people on fire probably hurts and kills with a little time, but I don't see how it's going to stop the generator from hurling Magtok bodily at Prom. Only now he's probably on fire too.

And Phantom already explained what the explosion did. You need to tell us how it affects him in your post is all.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-02-03 at 01:45 AM.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #135

So all of the involved person in th battelfield are dead? That means noone wins and Moff control AMEN. Yeah or not Yeah?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #136

Hey Zefir? How exactly does Mia's laser cannon work? Does the laser beam cause buildings to explode at contact? Why did is go right through the fiend instead going through it?

17. - Top - End - #137

I'm sorry I just made some assuming there. I try to clear it.

The laser cannon is as most laser a beam like in Star Wars for example. Assuming the high heat it cuts through metal flesh and other living material like a hot knife through butter. If it hits things like stone or other not so easy meltable things it cases an explosion or more a shatter like cannonballs do.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Well, I can hardly say whether the kamikaze hits Prometheus or not until I know how successful his efforts to derail it were. As for the explosion, if Phantom says it can reach all the way from the edge of the arena to hit Prometheus, so it does.

Also, if anyone really objects to my current post, I do have another draft that might be called more logical, but also happens to be seriously lame and excruciatingly, mundanely boring.
    You're kind of going backwards and trying to undo people's actions again. Magtok shot himself and made an explosion. That has been established already. Whether or not you set poor Maggy on fire, you aren't going to make his post not happen. At most, you have a burning Magcorpse being shot at you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Well throwing a grenade that catches people on fire probably hurts and kills with a little time, but I don't see how it's going to stop the generator from hurling Magtok bodily at Prom. Only now he's probably on fire too.

And Phantom already explained what the explosion did. You need to tell us how it affects him in your post is all.
    *nods*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Anyone who has a member in MURDER: I think I'm going to call it quits. The organization just isn't working the way I hoped it would, and the admittedly little action I've taken against that has gone completely ignored. Just thought I'd let you all know.
    I don't want to be offend, but what did you do? I saw the advertise on the wall but that's more or less all I noticed. I'm not going to resurec MURDERER at all cost, since it is your Org, but I would like to know what got wrong since there where many people who wanted to act with MURDERER

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sorry. Should have added that to the post. They are mostly aimed at her face and upper torso.
    *nods*

Alright. Probably no exploding on her part, then; that's where the heaviest armor is, so it should provide a fair amount of insulation...

What temperature are they, roughly? Would they likely be hot enough to melt part/all of the way into her armor, or at least get it to the point that it's softer? That could affect how much damage she takes to those areas if something hits her there later in the fight.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    *nods*

Alright. Probably no exploding on her part, then; that's where the heaviest armor is, so it should provide a fair amount of insulation...

What temperature are they, roughly? Would they likely be hot enough to melt part/all of the way into her armor, or at least get it to the point that it's softer? That could affect how much damage she takes to those areas if something hits her there later in the fight.
    Well the damage it does all really depends on the type of armor she's wearing and the material it's made of. But, as for the temperature of the flames, let me do some quick research...

Ah, okay. So the temperature of orange flame, or the flaming arrows as they hit, is a little over 1000 degrees (Celsius) apparently. What metal is her armor?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... Let's go with a steel/silver alloy, for a mix of protection and magical channeling.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, then the melting temperature for that would be *more research* somewhere over 1145 degrees.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

So probably enough to soften it, but not enough to melt it. I'll bear that in mind if she gets hit with anything else.

Last question (probably) - was the enslaved mage casting the shield spell on the lizardfolk, or is she still in a position where the steam-harpoon things can curl around and try to go after her again?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    I don't want to be offend, but what did you do? I saw the advertise on the wall but that's more or less all I noticed. I'm not going to resurec MURDERER at all cost, since it is your Org, but I would like to know what got wrong since there where many people who wanted to act with MURDERER
    Huh? Correct me if I'm wrong, Zefir, but I didn't see anyone respond to my post on the wall. Slii did, but he and I already had a plot going on. If people are still interested in MURDER as an organization, I'll stick with it, but I don't think anyone is.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    So probably enough to soften it, but not enough to melt it. I'll bear that in mind if she gets hit with anything else.

Last question (probably) - was the enslaved mage casting the shield spell on the lizardfolk, or is she still in a position where the steam-harpoon things can curl around and try to go after her again?
    The lizard-folk did not have the shield spell cast on her, that was separate. Yes, she could still be caught, but bear in mind that she's pretty good at dodging.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep; considering the fact that they're behind her, so they have to counteract their own momentum before they can even start to come at her again, I was assuming she's pretty likely to dodge. I just wanted to make sure that she was still where she'd been to avoid them in the first place.

On MURDER:

Personally, I'm still interested in it, I just haven't had anyone that would have reason to hire them, and I'm pretty sure that I lost my subscription to the new thread at some point, so I wasn't seeing any jobs they had.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground

There was no new thread, mostly because there have been no new jobs. I dunno, I guess I'm just a little frustrated with how it's all turned out.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    You're kind of going backwards and trying to undo people's actions again. Magtok shot himself and made an explosion. That has been established already. Whether or not you set poor Maggy on fire, you aren't going to make his post not happen. At most, you have a burning Magcorpse being shot at you instead.

*nods*
    Yes, however, both Magtok and Phantom agreed that there was a short window of time between the generators activation and the firing. The question is, will what Prometheus did in that short window of time manage to throw off Magtok's aim enough to cause him to miss? At most, I have a burning Magtok being shot at where Prometheus used to be, or if I am, somehow, ludicrously lucky, the generator might turn out to be made out of unstable explodium.

Basically, I can either assume Magtok misses or actually wait to see what effect Prometheus's attack had, then decide if the attack misses. Currently I am doing the latter, which seems to me considerably more fair.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Huh? Correct me if I'm wrong, Zefir, but I didn't see anyone respond to my post on the wall. Slii did, but he and I already had a plot going on. If people are still interested in MURDER as an organization, I'll stick with it, but I don't think anyone is.
    If I'm not wrong there where a few guys who had some ides. To be true I think some may not notice that this advertisment is for MURDER.

And just in case aren't Wolfy and two other members still on the kill Riv thing?