New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Any offer that'd piss off Remnant too much might be poorly viewed by Dipsnig. He enjoys being in cahoots with the government. Still, he'd be willing to consider the offer.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Inspector Thenadier has worked with Remnant. Together Remnant has placed a bounty on Marty Aceford. Below is the bounty:

Name: Marty Aceford

Bounty: 5,000 GP

Crime: Murder, Assault

Looks: Marty is often seen wearing a magenta suit with a silver vest and white cuffs. He is blonde with blue eyes.

Danger Rating (1-10): 2, but Marty surrounds himself with powerful friends.

Details: Aceford was witnessed by a man named Inspector Thenadier, Aceford supposedly burnt down his own house, killing an employee, and almost murdered the Inspector. Acefords friends attacked the Inspector, probably under his orders. Aceford is a fugitive from Cylar. He is armed. He is usually seen in his inn, The Sleeping Goblin.

I'm going to repost this because I believe I posted this at the bottom of a page 4 pages ago, so no one saw it.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Oh... My... God...

THEY EXIST.

BELT FED AUTOMATIC SHOTGUNS.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Singingnoodle, that was very uncool with what you just did in DFI with Marciano. I was waiting for Mee, and you should have as well. After all, she was engaged in the conversation as well.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

She was? I must have missed the post.

6. - Top - End - #186

She was? I must have missed the post.
    She hasn't posted since you tried to have Marciabo ride the cockroach up her leg.
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh....I was confused under the barrage of other posts...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

You should first look for posts that are related to your chars, for example Fade asked the other halfling a question and never got an answer. I made two other IC post to tell it you, but you obviously ignored it.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

@ Mind/BR! Has BR/Have you posted in DFI for the scene-thing we were working on there yet?

On another note, looks like the job is going to go to NO. And I don't think the job will irk Remnant much. Not if they wade through the rubble of the building to discover what really was happening there, which NO will already know of beforehand.

Let's leave it at some really terrible things are going on there. And that's an understatement!

10. - Top - End - #190

I do believe I did post for it.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #191

So, as the actual post was rather unclear, Magtok's robo-bits cause him to spin around and keep tracking Prometheus, right?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #192

If simply turning his head or something isn't enough, then yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of Prommie, where did his trucks go after leaving Erin's?
    He might be followed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #194

They haven't gone anywhere yet, seeing as you never replied to my last post for the scene.

15. - Top - End - #195

Oh, wow, I just remembered something about that fight that should have been brought up earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Erin's Emporium
    Timeline B

Theo's vision is obstructed, but he just patiently waits for a clear shot. If one or both of the trucks are out of the cloud, then he'll fire a few rounds at the tires in order to prevent the soldiers from escaping.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Erin's Emporium- Timeline B

He's successful in shooting the right tires of the uncrashed truck, for all the good doing so will do.
    So did Prometheus have enough Fore-thought to make tires out of kevlar, or are they merely capable of resealing and reinflating holes?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #196

Erm, yep, both trucks are outta commission. So I guess they're making their escape via the armored transports instead.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Bulletproof tyres do exist. The British used them on several WWII-era armoured scout cars, namely the Daimler Dingo and possibly others. I believe they are solid rubber, so aren't so good for the suspension, but putting a hole in it won't slow it down significantly as there's no air to be released. Kevlar therefore is not required to make a tyre bulletproof.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #198

The heck Singingnoodle?
    I just said that I was waiting for Mee to continue the scene with Marciano and Songdancer in DFI!
    So not cool, man.
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

I figured he could have a side conversation with the new member. I guess not. Deleted.

20. - Top - End - #200

Well, I don't know why you thought that as my last post involving him had Songdancer levitating him and talking to him while he's still ant size.
    Do you think Songdancer would do nothing if he suddenly grew to such a huge size again?
    Do you think Naku would do nothing if he got to such a size again?
    No! They would do something!
    You do have some sort of obligation at least to finish the scene that you started. And you do have an obligation to wait for Mee to put in his post.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now, goodnight everyone. Sleep tight, and don't let the flobberworms bite.

BR, please post for Sawyer's Inn.

TE please post for the Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, Noodle, now that the scenes in Remnant are over, I'd like to bring up several issues. I didn't bring them up before as I believed it best that we finished the scene as quickly as possible. There's quite a bit I wish to talk about, so I'll go in chronological order to make it as orderly as possible.

First, the deal with the halfling. If the Halfling had just passed on the message, it would have made it easier and simpler all around, but you had a sudden explosion of gore before revealing Celesto to complicate things. Most times, Remnant would have opened fire without a second thought, but because this was your first time, I figured I shouldn't do that and see where you were headed with it.

Next, the treasure chest. When I said the amount of fifteen thousand gold, it was supposed to be a bit of a roadblock for you that you could eventually get around with minor difficulty. But then you suddenly had one of the Duer'gar have a treasure chest packed with the gold? Specifically 15 thousand? Pulling that out of thin air...it doesn't make any sense and made that entire part meaningless.

There's a bit more, but for now, those are the two main issues I'm having at the moment.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

So... uhh... I'm not sure If I was supposed to post here before walking in on the RP (I posted on the introductory thread, but I kinda skipped to the tavern). Do I need to post a character summary anywhere or do anything special?
    If you know what my name is from, you have good taste in literature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Violence: If it doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    "STOP PEEING ON THE SACRED ALTAR OF DOOM!" (Me)

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by JadeVamp View Post
    So... uhh... I'm not sure If I was supposed to post here before walking in on the RP (I posted on the introductory thread, but I kinda skipped to the tavern). Do I need to post a character summary anywhere or do anything special?
    Well hey and good day.

As far as character summaries go, you can certainly post one here although they're not required.

If you haven't read them already, there are these two guides to FFRP, and our own special little corner of it.

And finally, if you have any questions, that's what we're here for. Glad to have another face join the Nexus.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Okay, Noodle, now that the scenes in Remnant are over, I'd like to bring up several issues. I didn't bring them up before as I believed it best that we finished the scene as quickly as possible. There's quite a bit I wish to talk about, so I'll go in chronological order to make it as orderly as possible.

First, the deal with the halfling. If the Halfling had just passed on the message, it would have made it easier and simpler all around, but you had a sudden explosion of gore before revealing Celesto to complicate things. Most times, Remnant would have opened fire without a second thought, but because this was your first time, I figured I shouldn't do that and see where you were headed with it.

Next, the treasure chest. When I said the amount of fifteen thousand gold, it was supposed to be a bit of a roadblock for you that you could eventually get around with minor difficulty. But then you suddenly had one of the Duer'gar have a treasure chest packed with the gold? Specifically 15 thousand? Pulling that out of thin air...it doesn't make any sense and made that entire part meaningless.

There's a bit more, but for now, those are the two main issues I'm having at the moment.
    I realize now that the message idea was simpler. I have come to realize simpler is better here. But it wasn't like I could undo it.

The chest; I have only one answer to this. Maaaaaagic.

That was my first scene where currency meant anything and I had no idea what to do...

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

@Phantom: I only bring this up since TE will post before Magtok does, but Magtok's moving a hell of a lot faster than Gordon's ability to breath in and then exhale. After all, he just broke the sound barrier. By the time he's even heard Magtok, he's far past him. Not only that, but you've forgotten to post how all three of the remaining toxins/diseases are working on Gordon again.

EDIT: Of course, you know your PC's capabilities more than I, and at the end of it all, the breath thing is just my opinion of the matter.

@Noodle: You don't have anything to worry about, as I figured that was the case, but I was just trying to explain so you can keep it in mind in the future. As for undoing scenes, you can if the other players involved don't mind what's called a RetCon. I don't mind doing them if they had been something small like right after Celesto appeared, but now you know for next time.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-02-03 at 10:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

That was my first scene where currency meant anything and I had no idea what to do...
    Noodle, any time you aren't sure what to do, you can always come to the OOC thread and ask. That's what it's here for.

That and cute animal pictures.

Spoiler
    Show
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #208

Singingnoodle, the posts in DFI where Marciano grows big again and where he's getting ignored by the girl need to be deleted.
    It's uncool for you to have posted them in the first place, and doubly uncool for them to still be up after I talked about them to you.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    @Phantom: I only bring this up since TE will post before Magtok does, but Magtok's moving a hell of a lot faster than Gordon's ability to breath in and then exhale. After all, he just broke the sound barrier. By the time he's even heard Magtok, he's far past him. Not only that, but you've forgotten to post how all three of the remaining toxins/diseases are working on Gordon again.

EDIT: Of course, you know your PC's capabilities more than I, and at the end of it all, the breath thing is just my opinion of the matter.
    Gordon knows how to aim ahead. As the toxins, about the only thing left to be resulted by their presense is either Gordon getting healed of them or dying. He can hardly move right now thanks to them.

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Gordon knows how to aim ahead.
    Even so, even if Gordon has supersonic reflexes, he's taking the time to take a big, deep breath beforehand.

Mach 1 is fast. In that time, if everything goes according to the cyborg's improvisations and crude impromptu nonsense plans, Magtok's probably going to be at least within spitting range of Prometheus when Gordon gets around to vomiting his lightning bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi