New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Singingnoodle, the posts in DFI where Marciano grows big again and where he's getting ignored by the girl need to be deleted.
    It's uncool for you to have posted them in the first place, and doubly uncool for them to still be up after I talked about them to you.
    Done. Edited. Deleted.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

I said try, he doesn't have to hit Magtok. Besides, what else can he do against Magtok when he barely move? Not much other than stay alive.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

True, sorry. Posted in Outside so TE knows what the situation is in regards to hit/miss when he gets around to posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Done. Edited. Deleted.
    Thank you.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #215

Guys, I . . .
    *sigh*
    Am not sure what to put here.

In cases like this, feel free to go on without me. If I don't post for about 24 hours, it generally means I'm swamped with homework/tests/whatnot.

I really feel horrible for that, and I'm sorry that me being gone lead to this. But thank you for waiting for me.
    But yeah, in the future, just . . . go on, please.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Guys, I . . .
    *sigh*

In cases like this, feel free to go on without me. If I don't post for about 24 hours, it generally means I'm swamped with homework/tests/whatnot.

I really feel horrible for that, and I'm sorry that me being gone lead to this. But thank you for waiting for me.
    It's my fault.

7. - Top - End - #217

Guys, I . . .
    *sigh*

I don't think it's your problem. After all I think Happy made a good post about waiting. So after 24 hours you should poke the person.

singingnoodle you really have to wait. You just forvce your chars into actions. For example the sleeping goblin. Zefir made an action and befo orb tells they succed they are in progress. After all you shouldn't try to answer every post you see.

@Mindfreak: Eh who is the other player playing the undead on the shoulder of the deathclaw?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright, again, sorry for taking so long to post C'nor and Earl of Purple.

*Also, Pokes ThirdEmperor to Mallside*
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Even so, even if Gordon has supersonic reflexes, he's taking the time to take a big, deep breath beforehand.

Mach 1 is fast. In that time, if everything goes according to the cyborg's improvisations and crude impromptu nonsense plans, Magtok's probably going to be at least within spitting range of Prometheus when Gordon gets around to vomiting his lightning bolt.
    Yup, this science is almost/vaguely accurate! Except for the part where Gordon breathes in first. That's just silly, I know it's called a breath attack, but why on earth would breathing be a requisite for spitting lightning? It's not like it's magical lightning that can only be conducted through more or less pure, freshly exhaled CO2 (or whaddever the heck dragons breathe), otherwise it wouldn't go passes the dragon's snout. In all probability, "breathing" lightning is more like a snake spitting venom, or connected some sort of pseudo-magical organ that somehow produces massive quantities of lightning and releases them in a controlled burst.

While I cannot find that darned "the more you know" pic to properly end this rant of likely-innacurate-info, I can say that, given the evidence, Gordon probably just hit Prometheus. Which given the circumstances isn't all that bad a move.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    @Mindfreak: Eh who is the other player playing the undead on the shoulder of the deathclaw?
    Keveak.
    Keveak is playing the undead nurse.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Yup, this science is almost/vaguely accurate! Except for the part where Gordon breathes in first. That's just silly, I know it's called a breath attack, but why on earth would breathing be a requisite for spitting lightning? It's not like it's magical lightning that can only be conducted through more or less pure, freshly exhaled CO2 (or whaddever the heck dragons breathe), otherwise it wouldn't go passes the dragon's snout. In all probability, "breathing" lightning is more like a snake spitting venom, or connected some sort of pseudo-magical organ that somehow produces massive quantities of lightning and releases them in a controlled burst.

While I cannot find that darned "the more you know" pic to properly end this rant of likely-innacurate-info, I can say that, given the evidence, Gordon probably just hit Prometheus. Which given the circumstances isn't all that bad a move.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Field of Battle

Well, this isn't good. Well, at least Gordon can survive the explosion. Lightning doesn't do a thing to him, and the distance keeps it from being too painful to him.
    And now is the time that Gordon is not happy about his improved hearing, as that makes the sonic boom worse for him.

But he is happy about the improved sense of smell, as that gives him a chance for this. Gordon breathes deeply, sparks flowing over his body, and breathes a lightning bolt at the flying Magtok. The bolt, tainted crimson by the blood going into Gordon's lungs, should have enough force to throw the MagDoken off course and fry the targeting computer if it manages to connect. And good news for Ilpholin, the shocks coming from Gordon might keep her heart beating long enough for the fight to end and medical aid to be applied.
    Note the bit where Phantom specifically said Gordon breathed deeply. I'm not saying you couldn't potentially be right, but in this case I'm of the opinion you are not. Gordon breathed in while Magtok was still in flight, and Mach1 is faster than the crippled lungs of a blue dragon IMHO.

IC evidence outweighs OoC rationalization.

Edit: And if Gordon was aiming at Magtok, and missed, how would he ever have hit Prometheus? Missing a speeding projectile that you're aiming for generally means your shot goes behind it, not so far in front of it that it hits the target of said projectile.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-02-04 at 11:48 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Gordon became a dragon by jumping in lava. Somehow this made him able to breathe lightning.

Sense it does not make. Sense it does not have to make. This is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny and lightning was breathed.

Also booms happened. And fire. Lots of fire. And smoke.

Rocks fall, everyone dies! Moffooooooocracy!

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

Regrettably, I must now deadtime for an undetermined time period. I'll see if I can't post irregularly during the interval between now and this afternoon. If everything goes to plan, I'll be back on sometime this afternoon. I'm not logging out, though, so I can snatch up any opportunities to post as swiftly as I conceivably can. That probably won't be a frequent occurrence, though.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-02-04 at 01:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok... I gotta ask something here. Are there any really notorious killers in the Nexus? Just so I know, for my character.
    If you know what my name is from, you have good taste in literature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Violence: If it doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    "STOP PEEING ON THE SACRED ALTAR OF DOOM!" (Me)

15. - Top - End - #225

There are quite a few notorious killers, but it's hard to tell what you're looking for just by that question.

Rot, a vampire, killed quite a few people back in his day. He's currently presumed dead though.

Tobias killed untold scores of people in his backstory, up to and including gods.

Reinholdt was multi-omnicidal at one point.

Magtok has shot a few people in cold blood, and arranged some assassinations.

The Operative runs a MURDERhouse, full of assassins, hitmen and neerdowells.

And, well you get the idea. Plenty of people that are at least semi-famous for killing, although most of them aren't actively killing anymore for one reason or another. The Nexus hasn't had a serial murderer or such for a few months or so now, so far as I can tell.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Though Marciano is starting to be more active. Hes already presumably killed two people. Hes robbed them, tortured them, cut off DEB's characters hand, and left them to die in the sewers after burning down a house...
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-04 at 03:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

C'nor, since you're on, I should let you know that I went ahead and started a new MURDER thread.

18. - Top - End - #228

Singingnoodle.
    Both me and Mee have replied to your last post so you're good to go to post!
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadeVamp View Post
    Ok... I gotta ask something here. Are there any really notorious killers in the Nexus? Just so I know, for my character.
    Are you looking for ones notorious in the Nexus, or killers that are notorious anywhere and happen to reside in the Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    3. Contracts are for black ops - capture, theft, interrogation, assassination, and the like. If your contract does not follow this guideline, it will be rejected.
    Unfortunately, since it's not necessary to steal the items, and they're not illegal, it looks like my job isn't one MURDER can take. I didn't realize that rule existed, or I wouldn't have said they'd get the job. Sorry.

20. - Top - End - #230

Alright, never mind then. I was kind of chomping at the bit to actually have something for MURDER to do and Alexandrian looks like he's giving his plot idea to NO.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Rael?
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-02-04 at 05:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Alright, never mind then. I was kind of chomping at the bit to actually have something for MURDER to do and Alexandrian looks like he's giving his plot idea to NO.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Rael?
    Isn't he imprisoned in Excelsior?

22. - Top - End - #232

Hey Earl? Dena picked up your scroll in GloG, was there anything special with it?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-04 at 06:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, it's one of my favourite D20 Artifacts. Has she read it yet? Because nothing will happen unless she reads it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Yes, it's one of my favourite D20 Artifacts. Has she read it yet? Because nothing will happen unless she reads it.
    She haven't read it yet, I expect her to do so in the near future however.

In any case, Zefir? Which of the pit lords is Mia attacking in srs? The one Wenomir is attacking or the other one?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

*pokes Kris to Random Plots*
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #236

She was aiming at the one who hasn't cast the fireball spell. Thought wenomir attacks both.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually, I'll probably be dividing the plot in half. While NO runs the legit part of the quest, MURDER might run the illicit portion. Percilia needs to interrogate the boss of the facility. She needs someone to take care of that in a soundproof room. She also wants every single merciless killer she's tracking stone dead. She is of the impression that NO is too soft for that dirty work, so she'll be contracting MURDER privately, possibly.

The only way to do away with assassins is to hire someone smarter, stronger, and faster. The better the killing machines the more often she'll enlist their aid.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quick question!
    As I'm kinda bored today (finally have free time!), I was finally getting around to making some character sheet postamabobs.

If you have multiple characters, and I'd like to give them their own posts for linking purposes, is it 'kay to post twice on that thread?
    As I know it's frowned on everywhere else.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick question!
    As I'm kinda bored today (finally have free time!), I was finally getting around to making some character sheet postamabobs.

If you have multiple characters, and I'd like to give them their own posts for linking purposes, is it 'kay to post twice on that thread?
    As I know it's frowned on everywhere else.
    Yeah, there really is no problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Yeah, there really is no problem with it.
    Mmkay, s'what I thought, but thank you anywa~*stops*

. . .

Your avatar. Just . . .
    So many adorable points gained for it.
    Show