New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default 3.5 Rules Cheat Sheets

They've been in my sig for a while, often with a broken link or buggy, but I finally got the time to finish them up and give them a good proofread. Now I'm opening up my cheat sheets for public review. I made the cheat sheets to save book flipping during game sessions by having the essential game play rules in a small booklet. They are by no means meant to have legalistic accuracy; often I shortened the existing rule and relied on the reader's common sense. At the same time I tried to add clarifications when helpful.

The player's booklets are arranged in print order to form a booklet, so here are some versions that are easier to read online:
    Player's Booklet with Standard Rules
    Player's Booklet with Consolidated Skill System
    The first page is the front cover and the last page is the back cover. You can get the DM screen material and readme from the links in my sig. Basically the player's booklet has rules relevant to the player and DM during game play and the DM screen has rules mainly relevant to the DM during game play. Rules outside of the gaming session such as those used for generating encounters and characters aren't included.

What I'd like to know is:
    1. Any changes you'd like to see in general.
    2. Any typos you find.
    3. Any disagreements you have with my clarifications or simplifications, or anything you'd like further clarified. Try not to be legalistic RAW, but bring up things you think would be trouble in actual game sessions.
    4. Any other comments.

I might not make changes right away but I keep notes to remind me of what needs updating.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-02-08 at 12:11 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Rules Cheat Sheets

Pretty awesome.

The only thing that would be better is if you also had sheets that included commonly used consumables, such as alchemists fire, tanglefoot bags, torchbug paste, caltrops, and marbles.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you made that form into a booklet, that would so incredibly rock!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The file in the .zip, my sig link not the post link, is a folded booklet: 8.5"x5.5" after folding. Print double sided, fold, staple.

TOGC (sig) sells item cards already with all the SRD rules for both mundane and magic items, though I might add something for common low level items like the ones hobo suggested. I think there are copyright issues if I include torchbug paste or marbles, though.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-02-08 at 05:12 PM.
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

This is awesome. I was about to start making something similar to post on my new DM screen but you saved me all the trouble.

I can't thank you enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy_1.0 View Post
    Gnorman... just wondering... what are your rules for dismembering corpses, more specifically pulling an arm or leg off to use as a club?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Thank you! Very Helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    I once was playing a Rogue/Sorcerer/Arcane Trickster/Unseen Seer who had snuck into a Lich's Hideout (he turned out to be the original BBEG) and filled the room with explosive runes. My DM took us all outside, put essentially a script on the pavement and lit it on fire. Turned out, I destroyed his entire campaign.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    The file in the .zip, my sig link not the post link, is a folded booklet: 8.5"x5.5" after folding. Print double sided, fold, staple.

TOGC (sig) sells item cards already with all the SRD rules for both mundane and magic items, though I might add something for common low level items like the ones hobo suggested. I think there are copyright issues if I include torchbug paste or marbles, though.
    You.

Are.

Awesome.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Great guides.

Found a typo.

Player's Booklet - page 4 (TOC) - FALL OF A MOUNT should be FALL OFF A MOUNT
    Last edited by Trasilor; 2012-02-10 at 01:37 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Started at the home of one of the characters.

Check out my campaign at:
    https://erramus.obsidianportal.com/

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I know it takes a long time to read and use these so feel free to PM me about anything after the thread dies. Before then you can post or PM, I'll check both.

Again suggestions do go into my notes. I'll edit and upload along with the next wave of changes when I have free time.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-02-16 at 07:10 PM.