New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: Ilphocracy!

Meeting Room

"As far as I know there isn't so much more. Ok there is Riverside, but these guys from Wellspring Tower manged to raise some kind of authority there and I know that some strong people apeared there as well."

He got kicked out, but he still got this informations. After all they aren't exactly.

"And outside has many places, but non of these places have ever showen any influence in the Nexus."

He starts looking straith at her. He don't wanna be the pesimistic guy, but he still wonders.

"So your saying we go Outside and take things and Remnant never knew?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

[Clarissa's] (earlier?)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Entrance -> Clarissa's Room
    Yes but...they may be down to their skivvies by now.
    Dave certainly is.
    "stupid Teleporting...always taking my clothes..." Dave grumbles as he gets off the motorcycle and tries to pick up Clarissa and carry her to her room.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Off to Clarissa's Lair]

...Of DOOM!

Yessir, Clarissa is being mangled by the grouchy Mister Timestream again. She's also getting manhandled by Dave consecutively. Hmm. That's not a very strong deterrent against her repeating this little stunt at some point in the future. Plus, there's free sleep-transportation involved. It would remind her of her first Nexus helicopter flight if she were aware of her present status even partially.

Would you look at that! Clarissa is now pushing the lines of decency. When isn't she doing that? This is usually an intended rebellion against conservative social norms.

This is a complete surprise to her. Well, it would be, if she could think straight or be troubled to wake up to assess it.

Then, boom! Undergarments! Undergarments that really aren't accomplishing their duties properly and should be fired without delay! Clarissa's tails (three going on four) have negated the effectiveness of most of her lacy getup. While her wolf ears appear to be shrinking back down to nothingness, sharp, threatening spikes begin to protrude from her spine ever so slowly.

Looks like Clarissa has, in her drunken paradise, whimsically decided that a time limit must be imposed on Dave's noble goal.

Becky, for her part, is still in her new-normal clothes.

...this might very well be because they're fairly close to undergarments themselves, of course.
    But, as it is, she follows the winsome couple to their quarters in the Evil Lair of Evil!

...humming to herself.

====

[Meeting Room] (now?)

Meanwhile, Becky also leans against the wall in the Meeting Room. For the moment, listening. Rather intently. To Ilpholin.

Oh, there's other people in the room? What a surprise!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting Room

But so far all Zefir's been is the pessimistic guy!

"If that's what you believe, then you're missing out on a whole lot. You're also continuing to look at the big steaks, when you're missing the buffet right in front of you. But to directly counter your point with your own example, Riverside began in Outside as a tiny blip, a little suburb, that was nothing more than a convenience." It was a NPC city used solely for the plot purposes of a single character. And look at the influence it had. There's lots out there of interest and worth, though not just in Outside.

"Now, the first project would be going and raiding a massive dragon hoard. Gordon's to be specific. DarkRed has kindly provided a location where it is to be found and will take a group there. Those of you interested in one last act against Gordon and anyone who wants to skim off the top should meet up with DarkRed who will lead you there." After which Phantom will take over the plot in the thread of his choosing.

"Secondly, Atlantis has seen far too little use. I intend to have it revamped into a fallback base and a training facility. New recruits and minions are going to need someplace to practice and learn as we grow. Those of you who like building things should explore the place and submit ideas in that regard." That will occur here and be mostly self contained.

"Finally, there is a large tribe of semi-demonic gnolls, yes located in Outside. A group, led by me personally, is going to go and subjugate them. I know from experience that they give tributes to their leaders, including some fairly useful magic items. By taking them, we will increase our revenues, bolster our forces, and increase the amount of land which we can work with. Their strongest will come back with us for training in the Atlantis facility." As run by SC.

Conquer, steal, or build! Pick your poison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Meeting Room

"I'll go with the pacification force. I have lots of experience there." Nephrim has nearly 4,000 years worth of practice mind controlling people of most varieties- humans, elves, demons, lots.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meeting Room
    "I've always wanted to go to Atlantis. I hear it's a great vacationing spot."
    "..."
    "Just to be clear, we pitch the building ideas to you first, right? Just so I don't start turning it into pure greatness without you knowing."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Ah. I see. So, wha's ya name again. I think tha' i' woul' be good t' know ya name a' leas'. Ugly li'le baby? Wah' are you talking abou'? Oh. Ok. Nevermin' I und'stand. Ok, so we d' th' brain thing. And the' wha'?
    Main Room

"And then you wait for your clone to be ready, and try not to die beforehand. Your clones will only know as much as you do as of right now, so if you want to establish dominance over them or something, you'll need to ensure that you have the equipment and such to do so."

Magtok nods, dutifully setting the brain bucket on Marciano's head. He tries to gently grasp at some hairs, hoping the guy has awful enough hygiene or has advanced in age enough that such an act will provide him the DNA needed. Of course, since he doesn't plan on actually keeping his promise to Marciano, those hairs are probably going to be thrown out soon, so it doesn't matter all that much.

"I'm Magtok, by the way. Lord Magtok. Been a part of this Association since its very conception, in fact."

And the individual largely responsible for bringing it into being too, but he's trying to brag about that less these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Pad Of...] (Earlier!)

Sunlight?! What self-respecting villain floods their entire lair with sunlight?

Clarissa, apparently. When Dave kicks/slashes/forces/picks the lock of the great red metal door of Clarissa's AMEN retreat, he'll be met with his daily dose of blinding light! I'd imagine that would be somewhat startling and painful, given the sorry state of AMEN's hallways, famed for their devoting to extreme yoga! 'S really bright in here. Why is this so you ask?

It isn't anything really all too special. Comes with the territory of having three stars orbiting one's private living space.

Three suns!

Yep! But how do suns manage to orbit a single living space, one might put forth?

It's easy! Simple, even! If Clarissa's room is suspended in another plane and everything seems to be floating in place without ever actually moving, it must be generating enough energy for itself to glue objects to it while rotating. Hence, magical powers must be at work here.

Clarissa's furniture is situated serenely. Laid against the perfect, dynamic backdrop of the evening sky. Clouds go about their joyous business underneath, leisurely pacing across the boundless heavens, heavy with ambrosia as it were mere dew deposited on lawless foliage. A dresser here. A desk there. Pictures hovering all about. Cherished memories of Clarissa's past playing and replaying on every "wall" of the limitless expanse. Her first fling with Dave appears to be cycling through the streams quite frequently, possibly hinting at the subject of her current dream. A bed rests on the peak of an elevated slope. A sound oak frame dyed red imposingly eyes Clarissa's friends with its carefully carved headboard. It turns slowly about its center, obviously nothing more than a neat improvement implemented to stimulate an air of wonder and opulence.

Dave may choose to deposit his *ahem* dense load anywhere in this chamber. The bed. The floor. It makes no difference, for the floor as soft and warm as the sheets of a fine bed.

-------
    [Meeting Room]

The Hatter doesn't approve of the (in essence) bounty on Rogar's head. Not a single bit! He seems disinterested in most of the proceedings, giving Ilphy his tacit agreement to most everything.

That might be related in some way, shape, or form to his current texting. Of course, these are important texts, seeing as they are being exchanged while the whole of AMEN's staff is assembled before their mighty overlady!

Hey... The Hatteress appears to be texting too...

It must be a conspiracy!

An instant later, The Hatter reaches into his pocket and wrenches out a Swiss Army Laser which he promptly slides over to The Hatteress. Shouldn't be too hard to pull off, as they are seated right next to each other.

Clarissa's cage of bunnies is emptying at this point. Ever since Ilphy mentioned steaks and buffets, bunnies have been mysteriously disappearing into the shadows of Clarissa's hood.

Clarissa ruminates on this meeting's mass of developments. Hmm. She doesn't have any useful input...

Not any useful input that she is willing to reveal to the crowd in attendance, anywho.

She's dwelling on her past mission for Gordon. The mission she has yet to complete.

The mission that only she knows about, now that Gordon and Prometheus are out of the way. Considering the possibilities... She might as well see it through! If there is profit in this measure, all the better. If it only creates strife and stress, then boo!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Meeting Room

"Treasure Hunting for me," Moff says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #279

Outside

Rogar, having return from his journeys, walks towards one of the hidden entrances to AMEN. Its been a while since he used those, but with Gordon incapable, now is not the time to use the main entrance to the base.

After working to get it open, he get inside and closes the door behind him, leaving the side of the volcano smooth again.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

[Clarissa's Pad]

Becky quickly throws up a shadow barrier. THE DAYSTARS, THEY BURNS HER.
    ...well, actually - and slightly surprisngly - they don't, but she still shadows herself with a scowl. While admiring the playback of the fling.

===

[Meeting Room]

"I think I'll sign up for the gnoll-bashing," the shadowdancer says, with a grin. "I've heard even old hyena can taste like lasagna if you season it enough."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #281

Clarissa's Lair
    Dave will tenderly lay Clarissa down onto the bed and admire the playbacks.
    "Ah...I remember that day well..."
    If I'm correct, then it should be shoeing Dave trying to pull a curtain and Tirian interrupting him because Clarissa's "dangerous".
    It was an awkward time.
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

To be more specific, it's a desire to talk to Rogar, Sweetums, Pete, and Mr. E to allow them to continue to contribute meaningfully to AMEN. If they don't get found or show up somewhat soon, they will be exiled as well and somehow I think it'll be a lot more violent and deadly than when Prom's soldiers left. And trust me, they WILL be found eventually.

So it's for their own good really. As it is, it's disappointing they didn't show up for the meeting and is only going to make things harder and more frustrating for everyone all around in the end.

"Yes, pitch the ideas to me or Magtok. Either will do."

"For now, the meeting is officially over, though I will stick around to answer any questions you might have."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Pad-Lair]

Nuu! Becky! Dun be burnzed!

... Does the sun actually inconvenience her other than depriving her of shadows?

Anyway, Clarissa has been busy redecorating. The room probably didn't look like this a week ago.

Yes! That's most certainly the memory being displayed on the army of viewscreens! Except that it cuts off a moment before Tirin interferes.

Clarissa is still out like a light. But her bed is nice and cuddly and warm. She'll burrow under the covers clumsily, head slipping under first and foremost.

Another memory begins to play! This one is one of which Dave may or may not be aware! I'm thinking that Becky wouldn't recognize it either. It is a memory from Clarissa's point of view of her buying a load of ninja gear from a shop online! Only the last few seconds of this are featured. The rest of the lengthy memory is Clarissa trying on various items of lingerie and curtainy costumes.

Hmm...

You know, she probably still hasn't given Dave or Becky anything for Valentine's Day. She may be planning something big.

Either way, I don't think she'll be waking up until morning.

-------
    [Meeting Room]

Ominous 1984/Fahrenheit 451-esque declaration there...

*Sniff.* Our little Ilphy is all grown up (and eviler than ever) now!

And a demon, if I have stayed up to date on her condition. That's probably why Clarissa leaves as soon as the the meeting is officially adjourned. She just walks right out the door and back into her room. Nah. I think she's been desensitized to her demonic tier system from tooling around with Becky so much.

She might actually be a little hungover from last night's wild party with all the wild things running around. From her lack of involvement in the conference, that could be backed with ample validation easily.

Oh, but that theory could be thrown right out the window as well. She emerges from her quarters not a minute after, bearing a lock picking instrument hidden up her right sleeve. That's not her forte. She's usually notably forward, not cautious.

The Hatters remain, if only to listen in on the general goings-on.

And build that chaingun-chainsaw.

That chaingun-chainsaw that totally won't accidentally blow up in their faces as soon as it progresses to the testing phase.

Nope! >.<

Maybe it is best if they don't work on rebuilding Atlantis... They're liable to embed extreme weaponry in every open nook and cranny if they do.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-03-04 at 08:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Clarissa's Lair
    Dave wonders about the ninja gear and lingerie.
    But then he pushes it out of his mind as he goes to sit on the bed next to Clarissa.
    "Looks like I'm staying the night here..."

---

Meeting Room -> BioLab
    Megan will leave, smiling ear to ear.
    When she arrives at the BioLab she removes the powering unit from one of the computers and simply places it in the panther bot creator's powering unit.
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #285

Meeting Room

Now, after tracking down his assistants and getting something in case of a doublecross, Sweetums, Mr. E, Pete, and Rogar enter the meeting room, with Rogar carrying the little catwalk in his arms.

"You wanted to see us?"
    "Arr, so are ye planning to sink us?"
    "Pete, be quiet."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting Room

"Ah, you showed. Colour me surprised." They missed all the best stuff though! Oh well, I'm sure a henchman will provide recaps.

"Preferably individually, but if you're one of those groups who insists on sticking together for such things, I won't force the issue. How would you like to talk?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #287

Meeting Room

"Lads, what ye think?"
    "I believe that you, me and Sweetums should meet with her together, and Rogar alone."
    "Sweetums disagrees, should stay together."
    "You three can handle being with her. And I won't be far."
    "Fine then, Rogar."

Rogar steps back, leaving the other three to talk with the new head of AMEN.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting Room -> Adjoining Room

"Very well. I don't see a particular need for an audience, so if those of you with questions will wait one moment, I'll be right back." Ilpholin says standing.

"Let's step into the next room over if you'll please." Ilpholin says, heading that way and expecting the three to follow. It's close enough that it wouldn't be particularly hard to eavesdrop or get to should one feel the need, but it provides a small measure of privacy all the same rather than discussing it all right out there in front of everyone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

[Clarissa's Lair]

"Lemme guess, one of your favourite memories?" Becky chuckles.

And no, it doesn't. It might have before, when she was just a very pale Goth suddenly exposed to the light! But not with her new...enhancements, no.

...the memories, needless to say, distract her quite pleasantly...

===

[Meeting Room]

The shadowdancer seems to have hung around.

...Becky, where did you get that box of popcorn?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #290

Adjoining Room

The trio of henchmen follow into the side room. In the meantime, Rogar takes a seat in the meeting round, petting the little catwalk in his arms.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Adjoining Room

Becky always has popcorn.

Ilpholin shuts the door behind them and goes to stand in front of the trio.

"Now gentlemen. You are a group with a strong, versatile skill set that had an... unfortunate closeness with Gordon. However, you're all still valuable in your own right. So I must ask of you... what is it you're looking for in AMEN?" Power, freedom... paid vacation time?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Meeting Room

Moff wants to share popcorn with Becky.

But Becky is a scary Ilphominion now.

Moff wants to see what's going to happen with the henchies.

But that catwalk pulled his pants down last time it was here.

Clearly there's only one solution.

Moff tries to grab one of Clarissa's bunnies and feed it to the catwalk.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: REVOLUTION!

Meeting Room

Becky leans against the wall, looking bored.

Noms popcorn.

OM NOM NOM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #294

Adjoining Room

"Sweetums most in it for the money, and that clan is strongest."
    "I supp'd staying with the captain."
    "My own enjoyment."

Money and support, pleasure, and something else. Interesting what the top henchmen want.

Meeting Room

Rogar points towards the Moff as he approachs.

"He just had a meal, he doesn't need another right now."

The little catwalk however tries to flow the bunny out of Moff's hands and to itself.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Adjoining Room

It falls in line with most base desires, though the variance between them is interesting to see.

"And to you, who is the captain?" Ilpholin asks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Lair]

Cool.

Clarissa would be so sorrowful if Becky couldn't stand being around her while she was performing heavy casting.

As Dave seats himself on the bed beside Clarissa, one of Clarissa's tails snakes out from under the blankets and attempts to inadvertently tickle the side of his rib cage closest Clarissa. Those tails are playful all on their own. They may become a problem eventually, but for now...

Their objective is only to tickle Dave...TO DEATH!

And yet other memories are transmitted!

These memories are of Clarissa initially making the acquaintance of Dave (when she first woke up in a cell in Umbrella and proceeded to try to scare and coerce him) and Becky (when she hit on her after her clothes were set on fire during the cremation of a henchman for warmth)! Hey! There are words attached to these memories. In the margins to the side of the video feed, thoughts are converted into words. Clarissa has endeavored to dissect the behavioral patterns and tastes of both of her pals and track their changes over time. There are passages on reactions to measured prompts and how these compare to the human standard.

This valuable selection of information probably contains more data on Becky and Dave than either of them ever wanted to know about the other.

-------
    [Meeting Room]

That should work out just fine! Clarissa abandoned her cage of bunnies here for the taking!

There aren't many of them left by now... Just a few whitish, fuzzy ones.

The Mad Hatter waves at Rogar in a most friendly manner! He is glad to see that Rogar is unscathed!

He shouldn't be interacted with at this time, however, because I need to deadtime.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-03-04 at 11:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Meeting Room

Since when has Moff ever listened to Rogar? He lets the catwalk nom the bunny!

((Am assuming Alexandrian's lack of preventing the theft in last post counts as allowing it. >.>))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #298

Meeting Room

When Rogar said no to making out when he was giving the Moff a massage. The catwalk gets the bunny and starts eating, while Rogar sighs about the blood that's going to be on his clothes.

Adjoining Room

"Gordon, who else. Lass, ye may have defeated him, but ye weren't there, back in the dark. When the storms were blowing, and my life sinking. He was, and a good seaman remembers his debts."

"Trying swaying Pete to follow you directly is foolishness. Too many times when not following Gordon ending up hurting him."

"Quiet! Ye purple hatted freak!"

Pete tries to punch E, but the spy master is a bit faster than the mad henchman.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Adjoining Room

"Fair enough. Gentlemen, I do ask that you restrain yourselves for just a little bit though." They can beat each other up all they want afterwords!

"However, Gordon is dead and I killed him. So what do you want Pete? Vengeance? I can't imagine you'd be particularly happy working under me." She says this all calmly and very business like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #300

Meeting Room

Greg listened to everything both carefully and attentively. Beating up a bunch of gnolls, whatever those are, appeals to him the most, so he'll have to follow Ilpholin when she leaves to do that. The issue of Moff Prime's plan to catapult exploding sheep for the lulz can be addressed whenever she meets with him to review his membership. For now, all there is for him to do is... watch the catwalk.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid