New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXX: Must be Summoner Level 18 to View

Why doesn't Teemo have a French Army skin? It would be appropriate considering how good he is at running away.
    Isnt this moving into the area of real-world politics?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    This isn't consistent, unavoidable abuse that can lead to long term mental anguish. This is a random schmuck writing a naughty word on the internet, or a different random schmuck in a game that has an ignore function. If this is the most mentally scaring problem in your life, you have all of my jealousy, and absolutely none of my pity.

And having gone through both physical and verbal abuse, the former makes the latter seems so inconsequential as to be laughable. For instance I was just called lazy, self-centered, and asinine. All meaningless words from someone I will never know, unimportant to me except as a means to advance a discussion of vague interest.
    Things can hurt in different measures, seeing people's orientations, identities, ect. (Nearly every slur has it's origin in some kind of power dynamic between a majority and a minority- used as a switch-aside for something bad all the time is hurtful. Maybe not as much seeing it once, but seeing it all the time stacks up. And because you got hurt by something big, doesn't mean little things can't either. Just as I imagine getting punched in the stomach once doesn't mean you are suddenly imune to bumping your toe against something.

The main reason why this attitude annoys me is the following: you have two options; either you enjoy fully free use of language and hurt people because of it; or you prune a bit and no-one gets hurt. Does the candid use of a few words mean more to people than other people getting hurt these days?
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    I've not got a problem with the champ, I don't think she's overpowered though dat ult..
    quicksilversashface.jpg
    I refuse to believe that any champion whose entire ultimate can be nullified with 1440 is particularly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I don't like the concept of a dartboard ultimate. It reminds me of old GP ultimate, only more so.
    Until Gangplank's ult changes to "Gangplank targets a circle and gets picked up by his ship, becoming untargetable for a few seconds. He can then drop up to 10 cannonballs anywhere in this circle, which hit after a very short delay. When he has run out of cannonballs, he is dropped back at his initial location" I will agree that it's pooey and bad.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #754
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    quicksilversashface.jpg
    I refuse to believe that any champion whose entire ultimate can be nullified with 1440 is particularly good.
    And not remembering things like this is why i'm never gonna get to gold.

Morgana problem/irritation solved

5. - Top - End - #755
    Banned

quicksilversashface.jpg

Until Gangplank's ult changes to "Gangplank targets a circle and gets picked up by his ship, becoming untargetable for a few seconds. He can then drop up to 10 cannonballs anywhere in this circle, which hit after a very short delay. When he has run out of cannonballs, he is dropped back at his initial location" I will agree that it's pooey and bad.
    It's not really the entire ult though, innit?

~

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

~ ♅
    Nope, it also pack a really mean punch if you get hit by both parts

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    This is a misuse of the term.
    Antifun describes mechanics that directly cost enjoyment by a significant measure.

It is also a single variable out of a much larger picture. Pointing out that a mechanic is antifun doesn't contribute much to a discussion.
    Describing why it's antifun and why the amount of antifun that mechanic produces outweighs the enjoyment generated by the mechanic is a much more suitable argument. This is because "antifun" just measures a single variable that tugs at a mechanic's moving line of enjoyability and a mechanic, although has a high amount of antifun, might be so overwhelmingly fun otherwise that it's still a net gain (and thus a great ability).
    oh anti-fun, how many arguments would we avoid if your name was "designing so losing is fun"?
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post

~
    You take the initial damage. Then you can QSS the ult away and take no more effects from it.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Things can hurt in different measures, seeing people's orientations, identities, ect. (Nearly every slur has it's origin in some kind of power dynamic between a majority and a minority- used as a switch-aside for something bad all the time is hurtful. Maybe not as much seeing it once, but seeing it all the time stacks up. And because you got hurt by something big, doesn't mean little things can't either. Just as I imagine getting punched in the stomach once doesn't mean you are suddenly imune to bumping your toe against something.

The main reason why this attitude annoys me is the following: you have two options; either you enjoy fully free use of language and hurt people because of it; or you prune a bit and no-one gets hurt. Does the candid use of a few words mean more to people than other people getting hurt these days?
    And the reason why it annoys me is because in a world where numerous big things can hurt you spending so much energy mollycoddling over unimportant trivia feels like a waste of time and energy. Also getting a thicker skin is a good thing and important trait to develop in your life. Honestly to me it is up there with learning to laugh at yourself, and the ability to ask for help as things that are needed to function in the world. If a random guy online calls you something rude, like asinine (as an aside thanks for that one, it gave me a chuckle I haven't been called asinine since college) and it has so harsh an effect on you, you really, really need to grow a couple inches of epidermis.

Because in honesty there will always be people who are rude, ignorant, and insulting. You have to learn how to deal with them.

Well that's my piece on the matter. Feel free to respond but I won't be responding to you. 4 posts is divergent enough on a thread supposed to be about league of legends.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2012-02-17 at 10:43 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman Bot View Post
    This might have been mentioned, maybe not. Some new character that was made and assumedly Yi is getting removed after she is added.
    Champion looks cool, but I hope he isn't. That just seems... bleh.
    Also really unlikely, as they released a new skin for him recently.

So... Snake's SSBB final smash?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really hope that fencer is not a champion, she sounds like a really dull melee ad carry. Dull in the sense that her abilities just seems like rehash of other champs.

Now as far as a static electricity champ, I would make it function closer to what rumble does, a whole new energy/mana bar, that charges up over time/auto attacks/movement. Grants bonus when it's at 50% and 100%, but all your abilities uses some of the bar, so the choice is to use your abilities for utilities/burst or keep the bar full for sustain/defense.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    oh anti-fun, how many arguments would we avoid if your name was "designing so losing is fun"?
    League of Legends: Oh how we wish you were more like Dwarf Fortress.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    League of Legends: Oh how we wish you were more like Dwarf Fortress.
    Dwarf Fortress has caused me to get critically behind on this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

I think it's weird that playground shorthand for Tryndamere is "Trynda", since an -a suffix generally denotes a female name in Romance Languages (and some Germanic languages as well, except it's the -e ending like Hilde, which is usually pronounced like the -a suffix) and Tryndamere is among the manliest of men.

I petition that Riot change his name to Tryndomere, making his shorthand Tryndo, to solve this problem. It also allows us to refer to him as Trynbromere.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2012-02-17 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

15. - Top - End - #765

Well, I just used Trynd because I am lazy, so... sure, whatever.

Also, a fencer champ, eh? I actually am kind of interested. Didn't look at the abilities though. And I doubt she will be as cool to me as Nautilus.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

I will always support a champion based off of real life martial history. However, could they at least have tried to make her look like a duelist? Really renaissance fencing has some of the most vibrant and league-like costumes. Instead she has a boob breastplate, sad.

Also riposte seems really finicky an ability.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2012-02-17 at 01:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767

What are people's current opinions on AP vs. AD Nidalee? I've been hearing a lot of conflicting arguments about how to best build her.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm surprised Djinn isn't giddy over a fencing champion.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I'm surprised Djinn isn't giddy over a fencing champion.
    Meh. The Riposte ability is rather cool, but the rest of it isn't especially interesting. Plus the only animation that's actually at all related to correct rapier combat is the crit: her other attacks are slashing moves, and you don't usually slash with a rapier if you're trying to kill the target. It's a thrusting weapon.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Banned

So, you want Snake's ult from SSBB?

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    And the reason why it annoys me is because in a world where numerous big things can hurt you spending so much energy mollycoddling over unimportant trivia feels like a waste of time and energy. Also getting a thicker skin is a good thing and important trait to develop in your life. Honestly to me it is up there with learning to laugh at yourself, and the ability to ask for help as things that are needed to function in the world. If a random guy online calls you something rude, like asinine (as an aside thanks for that one, it gave me a chuckle I haven't been called asinine since college) and it has so harsh an effect on you, you really, really need to grow a couple inches of epidermis.

Because in honesty there will always be people who are rude, ignorant, and insulting. You have to learn how to deal with them.

Well that's my piece on the matter. Feel free to respond but I won't be responding to you. 4 posts is divergent enough on a thread supposed to be about league of legends.
    For me, there's a difference between being ABLE to deal with rude/ignorant/insulting people in game, and WANTING to play with such people in the future. For me, reporting/punishing is an expression of the latter rather than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Meh. The Riposte ability is rather cool, but the rest of it isn't especially interesting. Plus the only animation that's actually at all related to correct rapier combat is the crit: her other attacks are slashing moves, and you don't usually slash with a rapier if you're trying to kill the target. It's a thrusting weapon.
    I don't suppose it could be saber fencing? I didn't see the leak.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    What are people's current opinions on AP vs. AD Nidalee? I've been hearing a lot of conflicting arguments about how to best build her.
    AD Nidalee is more forgiving to newer players (that is, bad players can play her and do well because bruiser nidalee is easy peasy), doesn't snowball as hard, and doesn't QQ as much over the heal ratio/mana cost nerfs.

AP Nidalee has a much higher skill cap and thus is more rewarding for stronger players, but the lack of wriggles means that she's not quite as dominant of a laner in a lot of situations.
    quicksilversashface.jpg
    Maybe if this was some ****ty ult like Malz's, but Morgana's is AoE and has a 1.6 AP ratio, along with staggering base damage and a significantly stronger effect on the mindset of enemy players.

You opened a parenthetical statement but you never closed it. Whyyyy, Sirro, Whyyyyy?

I don't think that he's arguing that people should use slurs. Regardless of how offensive one perceives them to be, they're almost universally recognized as crass and tasteless. In my opinion, the bothersome part is that people intentionally expose themselves to a public forum (in the general meeting-place sense, not the GITP sense specifically) filled with (often mean) people protected by pseudo-anonymity and... well, I'm sure you see what I'm getting at.

Anyways, yup, female agility-based bruiser incoming. Her kit is pretty meaningless without numbers at this point, but a long-duration alpha-strike-esque ability could be problematic depending on the scaling.

Edit: Don't recall if anyone linked Fiora. If not, or if you missed it, here you go.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-02-17 at 02:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    I think it's weird that playground shorthand for Tryndamere is "Trynda", since an -a suffix generally denotes a female name in Romance Languages (and some Germanic languages as well, except it's the -e ending like Hilde, which is usually pronounced like the -a suffix) and Tryndamere is among the manliest of men.

I petition that Riot change his name to Tryndomere, making his shorthand Tryndo, to solve this problem. It also allows us to refer to him as Trynbromere.
    I prefer "tridanemer"

~

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    So... Snake's SSBB final smash?
    So zetta slow.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #774

Actually, I think the model lacked the weapon. So that could be an option.

Also, slashing moves are quite acceptable in fencing (at least the kind closer to the original.) The use of quick slashes and the like to distract, annoy, and reposition an opponent is an effective maneuver. If it helps, think of her not actually doing "damage" when not critting.

Of course, what I'd love to see would be a champ who might have a realistic longsword martial art style. Or zweihander. I'd dearly love to see what realistic zweihander fighting would be like. Although I am not sure how much extant material we really have of that. Oh well.

/tangent

Still doesn't beat an anchor, though.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, and the best way to deal with them would certainly be to get rid of them, thereby ensuring the best enviroment to play in.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Of course, what I'd love to see would be a champ who might have a realistic longsword martial art style. Or zweihander. I'd dearly love to see what realistic zweihander fighting would be like. Although I am not sure how much extant material we really have of that. Oh well.
    Enough to work with, I'm sure, since all that would be needed for a champ's animations would be a rest position for walking around, a normal attack animation, a crit animation, and a few skills animations that wouldn't necessarily involve the sword or be a 'realistic' strike anyway.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yes, and the best way to deal with them would certainly be to get rid of them, thereby ensuring the best enviroment to play in.
    If we're getting rid of everyone who isn't nice to you, why stop there? Why not get rid of everyone you don't like or everyone under a certain Elo? There's something of a slippery slope involved and at some point it becomes more disadvantageous for the game than advantageous. To a certain extent, I'd be more inclined to play with occasionally rude (most people get upset at one point or another, especially in competitive environments. There's a difference between people who are occasionally rude and people who are repeatedly and intentionally malicious) but mostly skilled players than polite baddies.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    If we're getting rid of everyone who isn't nice to you, why stop there? Why not get rid of everyone you don't like or everyone under a certain Elo? There's something of a slippery slope involved and at some point it becomes more disadvantageous for the game than advantageous. To a certain extent, I'd be more inclined to play with occasionally rude (most people get upset at one point or another, especially in competitive environments. There's a difference between people who are occasionally rude and people who are repeatedly and intentionally malicious) but mostly skilled players than polite baddies.
    Meh, I'd say you're in violent agreement with lord_khaine. The point is drawing the appropriate line in the sand between 'occasionally rued' and 'repeatedly and intentionally malicious'.

29. - Top - End - #779

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Jungle Carry Nidalee is the way to go. Wriggle's, IE, Phantom Dancer. BAM.

I guess so. But it would be cool to be picked up by a ship, and it would get rid of that annoying random element, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    So zetta slow.
    HIS CURRENT ULT IS GARBAGE
    CRUNCH
    I'LL ADD IT TO THE HEAP
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Actually, I think the model lacked the weapon. So that could be an option.

Also, slashing moves are quite acceptable in fencing (at least the kind closer to the original.) The use of quick slashes and the like to distract, annoy, and reposition an opponent is an effective maneuver. If it helps, think of her not actually doing "damage" when not critting.

/tangent

Still doesn't beat an anchor, though.
    Yeah, cut and thrust styles were more prominent in actual duels with non-sport weapons. Which is what this duelist would be. Though even then the blades were shaped more for stabbing action.

As to zweihanders, from the Goliath fechtbuch (fechtbucht? I'm too lazy to look up how that's spelled) it appears they were handled pretty much like a two-handed longsword, with possibly more emphasis on half-swording technique. Though if you really want to know more details ask the guys at the Real World Weapons and Armor thread, all of them are much much smarter than me.

Though if we're speaking of martial combat, I'm a little disappointed there isn't one with likely the most iconic and versatile methods of fighting in history: sword and shield. Admittedly sword and spear is probably the most used but we already have Pantheon for that.