New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread IX: Errata is Combo-Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post
    Fair Folk are nightmares. For the other players in your group.
    Fixed that for you.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post

Gemship of Raziere

Created as a gift to a cat loving Lord of Creation, the Gemship was carved from a single massive ruby - if a crystalline block a few hundred yards on each side counts as a single gemstone, that is. Endowed with the power of flight, the Gemship has a strange effect on its passengers, especially those of the female persuasion.

Periodically, waves of light pulse through the Gemship, carrying the scent of fine herbs - an expert might recognize it is that of a form of catnip so refined and exquisite it normally grows only in Heaven itself. Women who are exposed to this atmosphere find it exceptionally comforting, and grow comelier with each burst of light. That they grow feline ears, tails, and other features is seen as a benefit by all concerned.

Though it can travel the skies of Creation, the Gemship is most suited to the proximity of the Wyld, providing comfort and safety to those who align themselves with its captain. When near the edges of Creation, the vicinity of the Gemship is such that reality itself grows fluid, so that its captain might, with effort, remake it into a more pleasant realm.

3-dot Behemoth
    Assumption of the Wyld-Tainted Land - the Gemship fills a significant area with Wyld energies.
    Assumption of Earth Form - the Gemship is, fundamentally, a massive gemstone.
    Assumption of Cat Form - it has notable feline traits as well.
    Gossamer Wing Flight - the Gemship ignores gravity.
    Racing Dragon Speed (x2) - when moving at a leisurely pace, the Gemship is faster than a skilled athlete at a full run.

2-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Land's Heart - anyone coming inside the Gemship will be affected by its more potent magics.
    Ordinary Object Conjuration - the Gemship creates Divine Catnip when circumstances demand it.
    Behemoth Forging Meditation - female mortals who partake of the scent of Divine Catnip take on feline traits, and grow more beautiful.
    Dragon Transformation - if pressed, the Gemship will take on more aggressive seeming traits, grow huge wings, and fly away at an even more impressive pace.

For a Fair Folk character, owning the Gemship as described above calls for 2 bonus points (out of 18), and it comes with a wide range of other powerful magics.
    Why thank you, how did know that I like cats?

…..oh right, what I said above…..thanks…..
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #873
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, since I last posted here, I finished up a compilation of 46 Infernal Monster Style Charms.

I also finished my complete revision of mutations, along with a Genesis system and seven Charms.

Now waiting on the completion of 2.5 to start a request thread. And maybe have a go at alternate mechanics for raksha.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, some more news regarding the errata*.

Quote Originally Posted by Plauge of Hats
    I don't think the rest of the team wants it known, but you guys deserve the truth.

There was a hard drive crash. We lost everything: The Excel spreadsheet with the phone number to the Taiwanese teenager who actually does the PDF layout; the blurry, scanned and photocopied handheld camera pictures of the pasteboards and pinboards and dirty subway walls we use to assemble the errata; and even the TXT file buried in thirteen subdirectories of My Documents reminding us to back up our data.

As a result, Holden spiraled into a black depression, got drunk and killed an alligator for looking at his girlfriend. He is still being held for ransom by the backwoods swamp people who owned and were related to the animal. Hatewheel moved all of his other project deadlines forward and tried launching his garbage can-based rocket to the moon far too early. His exoskeleton is probably keeping him alive, but the crater is still on fire, so no one knows for sure. I think the Demented One went on a redemptive quest, to make up for his sin of lying to the forums that he was writing errata instead of cribbing homeless peoples' scrawls from around the city. His finger was bitten off in the process, and while Thorondor flew in to save him before the volcano exploded, he died of gangrene.

I'm doing the only things I know how to do: Make silly, minimalist videos and put the moves on Holden's lonely girlfriend.
    *This may or may not be true.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #875

Last edited by Revlid; 2012-03-14 at 02:23 PM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh of relief*

Finally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

7. - Top - End - #877

My friends - Solar mindrape charms are new Grand Killsticks! Yay

Edit: Hungry Tiger Technique + Two weapon, one blow + IWA still one shot anything without perfect.

Plus combos don't eat xp or willpower and are automatic. I fail to see any improvment after first read.
    Last edited by Madwand; 2012-03-14 at 02:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my God yes.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

9. - Top - End - #879

This had better be

Combos

Exalts need not spend experience to purchase or create Combos, nor spend Willpower to activate them. Characters may simultaneously activate as many of their Charms as they desire, so long as the combination of powers activated obeys the rules for creating Combos (for example, characters still may not activate two Simple Charms simultaneously, nor activate another Charm at the same time as a Charm that lacks the Combo-OK keyword).
    hell yes

Twilight Anima Power (pp. 95-96)

Replace the text of this anima effect with the following:

Solar Exalted of the Twilight Caste may perceive Essence through their anima, allowing them to hone their senses for magic. By spending five motes, a Twilight may add (Essence) automatic successes on any (Intelligence + Occult) roll to identify a Charm or to analyze it with Essence sight, and on any (Perception + Awareness) roll made to notice a magical effect or Charm. In addition, this supernatural perception eas- ily pierces through deception, adding a +3 bonus to the Solar’s Dodge MDV against unnatural Illusions. These effects come into play automatically once the Solar spends 11+ motes of Peripheral Essence.
    The above also applies to the Daybreak and Defiler anima powers.
    hell yes

Scarlet Rapture Shintai
    (pp. 140-141)
    Cost: 20m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 5; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Blasphemy, Form-Type, Obvious, Velocity
    Duration: One scene
    Prerequisite Charms: Self as Cyclone Stance, Who Strikes the Wind?, Wind-Daughter’s Wrath (x2)
    Replace the text of the Charm with the following:

In all of Malfeas, among all races of demons spawned of every Yozi, one prayer unites the best and worst of Hell in common terror: “May the peace of Adorjan not fall upon me.” Their desperate pleas are prayers to her, empowering her to bestow her unique instructive kindness upon them. Upon activating this Charm, the Infernal’s body achieves ascetic transcendence as it dissolves like eroded stone. In the blink of an eye, the Exalt reappears as a crimson-hued gale swirling with mirage distortions, before coalescing into a perfect rendition of herself, sculpted from violent, blood-hued winds. This form confers the following benefits:
    • A silent wind swirls around the Infernal, a killing cyclone with only her in its eye. This wind is identical to the destructive aura of Pellegrina’s Fury, but with a range of (Essence x 50) yards. All benefits of Wind-Daughter’s Wrath that the warlock has access to also apply to this effect. Mass units are especially vulnerable to this wind, doubling the damage they take each tick and the mote cost their commander must pay to protect them.
    • As a creature of living, semi-solid wind, she is immune to mundane attacks, and reduces magical attacks against her to minimum damage. Attacks that have no physical component or that have an area of effect bypass this protection. Any equipment she carries takes on the same wind-like nature, allowing her to use it normally.
    • She cannot be affected by clinches or Blockade Movement actions unless they use magic that could reasonably constrain the wind itself, nor can she take such actions herself. Any Poi- son, Sickness, or Crippling that could not reasonably affect a being whose body is living wind cannot affect her.
    • She adds her (Essence + sum of all Virtues) to her dashing speed. She must move at her maximum dash speed on each tick or this Charm ends.
    hell yes

seven shadow evasion (p. 227)
    Cost: 8m

adamant skin technique (p. 207)

heavenly Guardian defense (p. 193)
    =O

Duck Fate was apparently the true price point of perfect defenses all along!

Incidentally, I count 6 entirely new Charms. 2 Lunar, 2 Kimbery, 1 Abyssal, and 1 Solar. There are a substantially greater number that are new in all but name, though.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-03-14 at 03:12 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

The new So Speaks (Yozi) is pretty awesome. Cheaper excellencies? Hell yes.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't download the errata! *sob*
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

12. - Top - End - #882

The new So Speaks (Yozi) is pretty awesome. Cheaper excellencies? Hell yes.
    And the new Malfeas Mythos Exultant is crap.

All charms with attunement motes are bad joke.

----------------

Heroism-Encouraging Presence is worth 4 dots in War. Hell, it is so good, it should be errated! 5 automatic success for all combat action (and if there is success you may get willpower back.). Sweet Sun...

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Dammit, I really, really want to read this!

Can anyone who has it here set up a mirror somewhere, maybe? The DrivethruRPG site is unsurprisingly borked.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's a Mediafire link someone put up: Linky
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Banned

My body is ready.

~

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand View Post

Heroism-Encouraging Presence is worth 4 dots in War. Hell, it is so good, it should be errated! 5 automatic success for all combat action (and if there is success you may get willpower back.). Sweet Sun...
    It requires a Valor channel, and only refunds willpower spend on the Valor channel. So, for a Valor 5 character, that's only 5 times per story they can do this. Good, certainly, but not nearly as bad as you make it sound.

Also, note the change to minimum damage. Soak just became important again.
    Last edited by Tavar; 2012-03-14 at 04:02 PM.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

17. - Top - End - #887

Uhh...
    That's the old errata form of H-EP. It's like a year and a half old now. And the only wp you get back is that of Valor-Channeling. Not spammable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    It requires a Valor channel, and only refunds willpower spend on the Valor channel. So, for a Valor 5 character, that's only 5 times per story they can do this. Good, certainly, but not nearly as bad as you make it sound.
    There are charms to regain valor quickly, but they're rare and still don't make the thing spammable.
    Last edited by Andreaz; 2012-03-14 at 04:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

Huzzah! Shields are now weapons!

19. - Top - End - #889
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Huzzah! Shields are now weapons!
    So wielding a shield instead of chain-katar is now a choice worth making?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

20. - Top - End - #890

Uhh...
    That's the old errata form of H-EP. It's like a year and a half old now. And the only wp you get back is that of Valor-Channeling. Not spammable.
    How could I missed it? It is still good.... even if not spammable.

Also, note the change to minimum damage. Soak just became important again.
    I am going to test it; ping is less atractive, for sure.. but are grand killsticks ?

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

How could I missed it? It is still good.... even if not spammable.

I am going to test it; ping is less atractive, for sure.. but are grand killsticks ?
    Yes they are: their overwhelming has been reduced, their defense and accuracy as well, and with the tweaks to soak charms and abilities like 1 weapon 2 blows or peony blossom attack it's both harder to make it a flurry-able weapon and easier (if more expensive) to defend against with a single perfect soak as I read it. Or maybe even a non-perfect soak effect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aetherialDawn View Post
    I respectfully agree with Infernals and Derpy, although perhaps not in combination, but I must bah-humbug your choice of Talon. I'd take Graves or Riven over him every time.
    Admittedly? I haven't had the chance to play him extensively, so perhaps I've missed something.
    I main Talon. I slaughter with him.

Some of my characters are now VERY HAPPY. Others are HIGHLY ANNOYED.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Barbarian in the Playground

All charms with attunement motes are bad joke.
    I disagree. Massively. They let you gain more motes than usual, in exchange for being effectively capped in how many you can get per scene.

Really, most characters have at least a few artifacts around. Attunement motes, while a slightly odd concept, drop the cost to attune them over the course of a fight, thereby freeing up more and more motes. This gives you more resources, but at the cost of your artifacts suddenly becoming unattuned at the end of the fight if you push it too far.(since you might not have enough motes left to attune them normally with)

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Yes they are: their overwhelming has been reduced, their defense and accuracy as well, and with the tweaks to soak charms and abilities like 1 weapon 2 blows or peony blossom attack it's both harder to make it a flurry-able weapon and easier (if more expensive) to defend against with a single perfect soak as I read it. Or maybe even a non-perfect soak effect.
    Also, Goremauls/Grand Goremauls inflict Bashing now, instead of Lethal. Seems like a notable nerf.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

For attunement motes, if you have mote attuned already, you can apparently replace those motes with attunement ones. Which then frees up some of your normal mote pools, as soon as you refill them via stunting.
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

Integrated Arsenal System
    (p. 129)
    Ignore the Essence 4+ effect of Material Synthesis Wave
    Emitter.
    You bastards! My favorite exalts are already at the bottom of the celestial heap and you pull their teeth!?

THIS IS VENDETTA!
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I main Talon. I slaughter with him.

Some of my characters are now VERY HAPPY. Others are HIGHLY ANNOYED.
    Saving the wrong thread post for posterity!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnar View Post
    I disagree. Massively. They let you gain more motes than usual, in exchange for being effectively capped in how many you can get per scene.

Really, most characters have at least a few artifacts around. Attunement motes, while a slightly odd concept, drop the cost to attune them over the course of a fight, thereby freeing up more and more motes. This gives you more resources, but at the cost of your artifacts suddenly becoming unattuned at the end of the fight if you push it too far.(since you might not have enough motes left to attune them normally with)
    Furthermore, you are no longer retarded for having your utility artifacts attuned while you are in a fight with someone.

I consider that a bonus.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Saving the wrong thread post for posterity!
    Right thread, wrong topic. :P
    Second half was about exalted. My shield using DB is sad. My Infernal is happy. My Mardukthian infernal is happy. My Solar athlete is happy.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

None of this really affects me in any way. I would've preferred a Broken-Winged Metagaos pdf.

I like the two new Kimbery charms.