New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus:] The Sleeping Goblin II, I Wonder If He's Up Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    I've never been down here. Lathe growls to Carmine. The most I know about the Inn is that it's easy to explode it, easy to get out of paying for damages towards it when I have an angel for a sister, and that this place smells worse than most humanoids do.

He crawls out of the tunnel and into the cavern. That green gooky stuff is not something he particularly wants touching him. He makes a face, spreads his wings, and flies over it to the landing on the other side. Ha! Let's see you do that!
    Carmine looks over at lathe on the other side of the chasm, he starts to fiddle with his silver coin. He kicks a rock into the bubbling pool, it melts leaving behind bubbles and some smoke. Carmine places his coin back in his pocket and takes off his hat. With a quick motion he tthrows the hat so it lands softly on the otherside. "Let's see if I can still do this." Carmine says as he cracks his knuckles with a small smile on his face. He takes in a deep breath and then a glint of green shimmer in his eyes for a second. The next moment he seemingly materializes from out of his hat. "Your right I didn't do that." Carmine says adjusting his hat and then walking off towards the ladder not waiting for a response.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Pixie in the Playground

Lathe has to grin. Magic users, even if they're only minor magic users he loved them! So interesting! Always would surprise you with something completely unexpected. Then, if they were hostile, he'd burn them with acid and mourn the loss of such powerful beings until he got bored.

...anyways, he turns to the ladder. Ha, ladders. For people who can't fly. He has to give himself a strong push off from the ground with his large well-muscled legs, because his wings weren't as strong as he'd have wished. But he manages to rise a decent amount and tug himself upwards with them.

------

Blood, so much of it. Everywhere, everywhere, threatening to drown her! Prism ran from it, chased by howls of pain, screamed pleas for help. ANd everyone she ran by reached out blood-soaked hands, grabbing for her dress, tearing it, reaching for her.

Merifri! Merifri! Grab the angel! It was like some sick game. Where the glowing golden girl was the ticket out, the ticket Up.

She left them there, begging for her help. She couldn't take it. The horrible screaming, the pleas, the wails, the smell of blood and suffering.. She had to spread her wings and fly away, fly Up as fast as they would pull her...

Prism opens her eyes with a scream. Her other half is there instantly, pushing it's way back into her, re-fusing with her, lending her support.

The images faded from her mind the moment she was whole again. If her screaming woke up Marty she apologizes profusely, although there is no doubting the sheen of sweat covering her golden skin as she does so. She is unaware of what Marty's been doing.

In fact, she has to push Marty away, stand, stretch out those shimmering wings and take a deep breath. Gone, they're gone now. She's no longer Down, she's halfway back, halfway Up, and there's nothing to worry about here.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty is startled from the scream and is now fully awake. He flops to the floor and cowers. Just for a second before looking up at Prism. Shada! What happened?! In Marty's sick mind he saw his wife there...standing in shock. Not Prism.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Orc in the Playground

Carmine walks up to the ladder and gives it a little tug, seems steady enough. He begins to climb steadily. "You see anything worth noting Lathe?" Carmine askes while he pauses for a moment in his climbing.
    - La Bamba

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

5. - Top - End - #725
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm not Shada, Prism says softly. She turns to face him.

How many others with blonde hair and soulful eyes had she seen Down?

Too many, too many. And all of them reaching for her as she fled along the path to Freedom, the path they could never quite reach.

She shakes her head hard to clear such thoughts. You must stop dwelling on these things Cordziz. They will bring no good to you.

...wow, what a hypocrite...

------

((I don't know what Lathe sees because it's SN's dungeon...
    Hey SN, wanna help us out please? ))

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty is utterly confused at her antics...Er...what? Yes...you're Shada. Unless you changed your name or something. Please don't play tricks on me. Not today. I'm very tired... He gets up and stretches warily.

---

Well, Lathe gets right on top of the ladder....when the ladder breaks off the top and a hole opens beneath the ladder. Once again. It seems The Figure had enough time to fix the trap. Carmine will have to back out of the way or the large hole will let him fall inside. The walls shake again. Seems the noise has alerted the dungeons guardian. You have come here....To the seat of sweet insanity's throne...For one purpose and one purpose only....my life....my life. You will not pass! I will let you rot in peace....No escape...No escape.... After the voice wonders the hole will then close presuming Lathe fell in. Carmine will have to move fast if he wants to hurry and get inside.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Well, Lathe gets right on top of the ladder....when the ladder breaks off the top and a hole opens beneath the ladder. Once again. It seems The Figure had enough time to fix the trap. Carmine will have to back out of the way or the large hole will let him fall inside. The walls shake again. Seems the noise has alerted the dungeons guardian. You have come here....To the seat of sweet insanity's throne...For one purpose and one purpose only....my life....my life. You will not pass! I will let you rot in peace....No escape...No escape.... After the voice wonders the hole will then close presuming Lathe fell in. Carmine will have to move fast if he wants to hurry and get inside.
    "God Damn it, nothing is ever as simple just climbing the ladder." Carmine says in rushed panic as he grabs for something in his boot. As he falls he raises his arm over his head and a strong wooden staff appears in it. As he falls the staff gets wedged into the hole, it strains against the closing of the hole but holds for the moment. Carmine throws down a globe of light with the other hand to illuminate the area bellow him. He strains his eyes to see what is underneath him.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

8. - Top - End - #728
    Pixie in the Playground

Call me what you will, Cordziz, Prism sighs, staring out the window, I have too many names as is. Another one to the list is no big deal to me.

-----

Lathe's just tucking away his wings when the ground opens up beneath him and he's falling.

Huh, wasn't he just up there seconds before? No matter, before he reaches the hole the wings come out again.

They're really effective when used as giant parachute's and he's falling at a nice slow rate soon enough. He's back down next to the hole with Carmine in seconds. What's down there?

Totally helpful Lathe doesn't even offer a hand to help Carmine up. Nice going, dragon-boy. How useful.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty's Room

Marty moves over to Prism and does something odd. He tries to place his hands around her waist...which is certainly odd. ._. His hands are surprisingly soft and warm. A bit like Prism's own. If this doesn't completely freak her out, (which I'm guessing it will), Marty will then tell her, H-how w-was y-your d-d-day? You've b-b-been gone t-too long...I missed y-you...Shada...my little yellow flower. Marty seems happy. But...he's stuttering...which is very strange indeed....

---

The light shines down. Oooh. It seems that the trapdoor was actually the right way down! Maybe...you never know....There is that swirling, massive, staircase that leads down the giant tunnel. The tunnel is full of black bricks, which have moss and drip loudly. The staircase leads down, down, down. Where it eventually must reach something. You can't tell from here. But it is a bit of a drop to land on the staircase. But...there's a sound like a huge waterfall going on. The bottom of the well is filling with water....seems that this regularly happens judging by the moss growing. Maybe it relates to the tide?

10. - Top - End - #730
    Pixie in the Playground

Prism is no fool. She knows that he's not seeing her as she is. So she very carefully detaches him from around her waist - unless he clings on in which case the detachment will be less than gentle - and takes a few measured steps back.

I am not a shadow of whoever you are seeing. I am Prism of the Merifri, Cordziz. I practice abstinence. Your touch is not welcome.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty sighs a little. Apparently her words had changed in his mind...He wouldn't let go. It's unclear whether he's referencing his deceased wife or the Shada he had known for the last few months. He does remove his hands after noticing her discomfort. The disturbed cook moves over to his bed and sits on it gently. He looks over at Prism. not seeing the angel. Are y-you OK? You t-turn me away...it's n-not y-y-you...

12. - Top - End - #732
    Pixie in the Playground

No, it is me. Prism corrects, walking over to stand next to him, just not the 'me' you seem to see. Look, Cordziz, perhaps I ought to leave?

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty looks up at her. Er...W-why would y-you leave? D-did I d-d-do something wrong? What did I s-say? Marty looks honestly worried.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Orc in the Playground

The light shines down. Oooh. It seems that the trapdoor was actually the right way down! Maybe...you never know....There is that swirling, massive, staircase that leads down the giant tunnel. The tunnel is full of black bricks, which have moss and drip loudly. The staircase leads down, down, down. Where it eventually must reach something. You can't tell from here. But it is a bit of a drop to land on the staircase. But...there's a sound like a huge waterfall going on. The bottom of the well is filling with water....seems that this regularly happens judging by the moss growing. Maybe it relates to the tide?
    Carmine lets go of the staff and his feet lands on the stone, he slips slightly on the moits rock but he stays standing. "Looks solid Lathe, can't speak for how safe it is but it's real." Carmine says as he looks down the shaft. "Seems to be flooded, might have to swim. Hope you brought your water wings." Carmine says with a small laugh as he begins to walk down with asistance from his staff to help him keep balance, better safe then sorry.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

15. - Top - End - #735
    Pixie in the Playground

Prism sighs. Well, for starters I have a psychotic half-dragon half-ogre waiting for me. If he hasn't gotten into trouble yet, then I'm going to be very surprised.

But she still kneels in front of him, her ever-invisible tail twisting around him almost protectively. Talk to me Cordziz, you obviously don't see me as who I am. Let's start with this 'Shada'. Tell me about her.

-------

Lathe leaps down after Carmine, slips on the wet rock, and almost falls down the center. Luckily for him, his giant wings are still out and he just barely manages to keep himself upright by flapping them frantically. Undoubtedly, the huge ogre is the least graceful being yet seen in the SG. Or probably beneath it.

He growls a little at the sight of water, and quickly tucks away the wings again. He hates water! It's only there to dilute his acid and weigh down his wings. If we can avoid it at all...

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Shada? Y-you....want to know about yourself? Th-that's a little odd....Well...you have nice blonde hair, blue eyes that match mine, nice smooth skin, a warm and pretty face...you're the k-kindest, most loving woman I've ever met....I love you...Marty keeps his hands in the pocket of his coat now. He's not sure why 'Shada' wouldn't let him hold her. His wife had never minded him before...

---

Flop! The both land on the staircase landing! Now for the long trip down....
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-03-16 at 09:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

Carmine keeps heading down the stairs, there are a couple times he slips up but he catchs himself quickly. Carmine goes down the stairs until he is 10 or so steps away from the water. "So I am geussing you don't want to swim Lathe, right?" Carmine says looking back at the clumsy ogre, "I might have a trick that might help you with that."
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

You try swimming with a full set of scales. Guess Lathe either missed the part about Carmine wanting to help, or didn't want the (human?) thinking he was weak in any way. Probably the latter.

...Scales? What scales? You don't have any scales, Lathe! At least, none that show at any rate...

He stares at the water for a few moments. He's not sure he trusts Carmine at all. What's this 'trick'?

-----

Prism sighs. She sits next to Marty and wraps her arms around him if he allows it of her.

Believe it or not, it's not a caring gesture. Not at all.

The gently warm golden skin is even more entrancing closer. In fact, it would be a completely caring gesture... if it weren't for the fact that she's letting him feel her metaphysical half.

For it too presses against him, the cold scaled tail writhing across his back, the fur scratching his torso, the claws and the scales and fur, all equally unpleasant, scrabbling and itching and pressing against him wherever it can reach.

Then, once he probably feels completely and utterly uncomfortable, she opens her Core.

Wow.

Just wow.

The raw energy flowing from her is absolutely incredible! It's tingly and warm and pleasant, even combating the weirdness of her metaphysical half. It's power, light, in it's rawest form. It's almost blinding!

I am not who you think I am. I am not even the angel you see before you. So see me as what I am and stop this foolishness. Now. Not a request at all, but a command, and after that gesture it's a difficult one to not follow.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...Lathe and Carmine would have to swim underwater to get to the door that leads to the river. That river then enters The Figure's 'lair'. They can see the door under the water very briefly. right as a small ball of light floats out of the water. The ball stares right at them. However it cannot be reached due to being across the other end of the large tunnel. ((Tunnel is going down, not forward. Like a tube leading down not like a tunnel going across a bridge))

---

The hug and gentle embrace calms Marty. Her still believes she's his deceased wife. Then the tail and fur....and badness... Marty is now very uncomfortable. Then the core of light....Marty is afraid of the light...he never did react well to large amounts of light being pointed at him...bad memories of the interrogative process in Cylar....That brought memories of The Inspector. Marty is tied to a chair and facing Thenadier, who is across the table. A large lamp points straight at his face...Marty couldn't open his eyes without being blinded....Thenadier was younger. With brown hair only showing faint traces of grey. Same dead eyes and grim face however...Marty hides from the light and closes his eyes. I-I-I! I didn't d-d-o anything...let m-me go! Help!

20. - Top - End - #740
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    You try swimming with a full set of scales. Guess Lathe either missed the part about Carmine wanting to help, or didn't want the (human?) thinking he was weak in any way. Probably the latter.

...Scales? What scales? You don't have any scales, Lathe! At least, none that show at any rate...

He stares at the water for a few moments. He's not sure he trusts Carmine at all. What's this 'trick'?

"Alright."
    Carmine pulls out a a thin gold chain from his pocket, looks more like a necklace then anything. He runs his fingers from the centre to the edges the whole time he is breathing steadily and focusing on the chain, once his fingers get to the end he gives the chain a pull and it breaks evenly in the middle. "Hold on to this." Carmine says as he gives Lathe one half. Carmine then takes one deep breath and then dives in to open the door.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

21. - Top - End - #741
    Pixie in the Playground

Lathe takes the half immediately, without another question.

Wait, why would he do that? He stares at it. He hasn't a clue what it would do. Prism, he's blaming his annoying habit of immediate obedience to direct commands on her.

He snarls and steps back when Carmine dives in, spraying water everywhere. Hey! Apart from that, there really isn't anything he can do other than wait.

------

Prism releases Marty, satisfied. So, I'll take that to mean you no longer believe I'm Shada then. Well, that's a start. And don't worry Cordziz, I wouldn't hurt you. I haven't, have I? No no, I'm an angel, you don't have to worry about me.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmine should be able to swim down to the large door. It'll take some strength to lift it up. It's built like a wall. You have to lift it from the bottom to open it.
    The little ball of light stares straight at Lathe.

---

Marty backs up against the bed and once again cradles the cloak near. He just wanted to be happy. Really, that's all he ever wanted. But life had been hard on him. Every time he was happy, things were taken away from him. Marty just laid against the side of the bed and buries himself in the warm cloak.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Orc in the Playground

Carmine should be able to swim down to the large door. It'll take some strength to lift it up. It's built like a wall. You have to lift it from the bottom to open it.
    The little ball of light stares straight at Lathe.
    Carmine swims down and gets to the door, he runs his hand over it to get an understanding of it's weight and material. He braces himself and bgeins to pull from the bottom up. He gets it up a lttle bit and then places the small staff in the space, the staff grows holding the opening just wide enough for Carmine to fit underneath. He catches his footing as quick as possible and then holds out his hand to the staff, a glint of green shimmers in his eyes for a moment. The staff comes rocketing back to his hand. "Well that worked out a little bit better then I expected." Carmine says as he takes a look around the place.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

24. - Top - End - #744
    Pixie in the Playground

Lathe notices the ball of light and raises an eyebrow. Then... he leaps back, shielding his face. Prism! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to move, and-

And it couldn't be the angel. How would she know where he is? Slowly, he drops his hands and watches the ball of light curiously.

------

Prism draws the covers up over Marty. Really, she's very motherly. She's done this before a thousand times with five different dragon humanoid children. She sits by the head of the bed, brushes back his hair, and whispers soothing Enochian.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'm alive!))

Well, Lathe might suddenly get a vision. It's of Prism...lying in Marty's room on the floor. Her blood seeps onto the carpet. Marty stands near the body. He licks the blood off the knife....

Carmine will lift the gate! But a lot of water starts to spill into the corridor. But then Carmine closes it! The corridor is wide and dark. And now he's up to his knees in water that drained in from the open door. The water falls down the stairs that eventually lead to a river. In the river is a gondola.

---

Marty lies there. He's in great despair and pain at the moment. He lies there until he falls asleep. He's there until morning unless disturbed. His sleep is fitful. Filled with gnolls, dreams of Shada, and nightmares involving Chez, Thenadier, and Grendar.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

Carmine will lift the gate! But a lot of water starts to spill into the corridor. But then Carmine closes it! The corridor is wide and dark. And now he's up to his knees in water that drained in from the open door. The water falls down the stairs that eventually lead to a river. In the river is a gondola.
    "Lathe ain't gonna like this, well no time like the present to break bad news." Carmine takes his half of the gold chain and holds it in his fist so there is a small lenght of chain that is hanging down. He holds his hand out and begins chant softly, "Lathe, Lathe, Lathe, Lathe..." until in a puff of smoke comes in front of him and lathe is standing right there.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

27. - Top - End - #747
    Halfling in the Playground

A giant enters through the front of the Inn, bending at the entrance before plodding towards the bar. His face is hidden within a deep hood, and with each step a metal boot pounds the moaning floorboards. His hands, the only exposed piece of skin, are long, slender, and red. This ominous creature clicks to himself, searching behind the bar with two shining green eyes.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-03-19 at 04:36 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hello again Murkus!))

Well, the place looks terrible...the kitchen has been blown up to pieces. The door swings on hinges. The cash register is melted in a pile of acid melted goo. A large hole lies in the middle of the floor...that's what happens when a dragon attacks...Metaclock hobbles over to Bellan on his well built mechanical legs, He beeps out, Greetings....Bellan? Is that you? I apologize for the mess.....things have been tough...

29. - Top - End - #749
    Halfling in the Playground

"Wheel above, what happened?" Bellan asks, folding his hood down. The giant abhuman's mandibles click loudly. "Where're the others?"

(Sorry, had to go before)
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-03-19 at 07:25 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...Sadly, We were robbed by a dragon...he...got carried away...Thewn some thing appeared...it was living underground...we found him! Me and Turin! Metaclock points at the deadtimed Turin, But...yeah. That's it...Marty's not too good either...something bad happened...

((Is OK. ))
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-03-19 at 07:28 PM.