New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus:] The Sleeping Goblin II, I Wonder If He's Up Yet?

Surely he can walk, but the creature's been playing games with his sanity. Best not to let him use his weapons. She approaches the giant cautiously, ready to bare teeth again if he proves himself threatening after all. She has some trust issues.

How badly are you hurt?

-----

With a shrug Lathe hands it back. It isn't very shiny anyways. Besides, he already made enough money by stealing from the inn.

Although that hadn't gone very well. No, he'd ended up destroying it, causing huge amounts of damage, even towards Prism.

His eyes widen as he suddenly remembers. I gotta get out of here! Really, you should have thought of that before getting in the gondola, Lathe. He's surrounded by water and not pleased about it.

Carmine! Blame Carmine. Why not? He's the only thing in this place that he CAN blame! There's no-one else there. You! You brought me away from her! It was some trick wasn't it? ...guess Prism isn't the only one with trust issues in the family, then. He can't move around well in the boat without rocking it, but he manages a relatively slow and clumsy swing at Carmine's face, too careful about keeping his balance to make an attack with any true momentum.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-03-20 at 01:01 PM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty shoots Bellan a "shut up" look. He then tells Prism, I'm fine. W-where are you t-taking me?

---The gondola will support their weight, but barely.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Halfling in the Playground

Bellan quirks a brow at Marty, not catching the meaning of his 'look'. When Prism approaches, he detaches his sticky hand from the wound.He winces. "It went at least a foot. Deep," The giant lets Prism take a look for herself. Such a wound would probably have been mortal for a less hardy creature.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-03-20 at 02:00 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #784
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    With a shrug Lathe hands it back. It isn't very shiny anyways. Besides, he already made enough money by stealing from the inn.

His eyes widen as he suddenly remembers. I gotta get out of here! Really, you should have thought of that before getting in the gondola, Lathe. He's surrounded by water and not pleased about it.

Carmine! Blame Carmine. Why not? He's the only thing in this place that he CAN blame! There's no-one else there. You! You brought me away from her! It was some trick wasn't it? ...guess Prism isn't the only one with trust issues in the family, then. He can't move around well in the boat without rocking it, but he manages a relatively slow and clumsy swing at Carmine's face, too careful about keeping his balance to make an attack with any true momentum.
    "Well thank you...I geuss." Carmine goes to grab back the other half of the bracelet. When gets closed to grabbing it he leaves his arm lingering, he can see that lathe is geting aggitated. As he sat there he remebered something that his great uncle told him, ogres always aim for the head. Carmine quickly ducks the clumsy punch, the punch was close enough to knock off his hat, and grabs the wrist of Lathes other hand. "Now either you calm down and start talking this through or you are going in the drink." Carmine yells at the ogre while trying to get a better grip on the thick wrist.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Pixie in the Playground

Prism needs only to glance at the slice to know it's hurting Bellan. According to my brother, there are healing potions in the kitchen, or you could accept my healing. Or of course you could wear the wound as a mark of battle. They way she says the last option makes it sound as though that would be the bravest option, even if she does somewhat disapprove of it.

After her offer, she has to think for a moment about Marty's question. Where indeed? It's not as though she could take him to her own cave. Or her master's. There is one possibility, but after an obviously shaking experience, she'd prefer not to drag him into darkness. Literally.

Did you have somewhere in mind?

-------

Lathe snarls as the hands enclose his wrist. He'd tug away if it weren't for the water. As it was he has three options, and one was to actually start talking. The other two... well, if Carmine ends up falling off the gondola, who knows what that could do to the balance on this thing?

Is there a way out of here? There doesn't appear to really be much of a safe way back. At least, not one Lathe would accept. So they might end up needing to make their way forwards anyways in growing suspicion of one another.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty sighs, I...I d-don't know...M-my home is b-burned down...I don't have anywhere else t-to go... He looks awfully stressed...he was sleeping too...

---
    A pair of oars lie in the boat.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Orc in the Playground

Is there a way out of here? There doesn't appear to really be much of a safe way back. At least, not one Lathe would accept. So they might end up needing to make their way forwards anyways in growing suspicion of one another.
    "Well let's see..." Carmine lets go of Lathe's wrist and takes out his coin which he begins to rolls across his fingers, "hmmm, mirrors are too dangerous to play with, you don't like water, my hat needs to be able to get to the place, not enough room to draw a rune circle, I don't have any recall items that go back to the Goblin. Seems like your all out of luck for my veiw of things." Carmine takes a seat and puts his hand out towards his hat ,which was floating on top of the water after being knocked off, and it flies back to him. "Probably the best thing to do right now is to just move forward, were bound to find someway out of here at one point or some place that is more dry." Carmine says with a small smirk as he shakes the water off his hat, "so you better start rowing, I mean you owe me that much for trying to take off my head."
    - La Bamba

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

8. - Top - End - #788
    Pixie in the Playground

Apparently Carmine hasn't learned yet the secret to controlling Lathe. If you give a choice at the start or a reason at the end, he'll deny it, as he does now with a barking snarl. If you simply order him directly to do something without explanation, like Prism does, chances are he'll obey instantly, regardless of who issued them. Poor Lathe is like a dog that way... trained by years of subservience to a proud older sister and a huge red dragon.

But for now, Carmine hasn't learned that, and is therefore on the receiving end of a glob of spit tinged green with acid. The green dragon is irritated with the 'request' of the little man who may he still believes may have drawn him away from his sister so she would be vulnerable and easily harmed.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Orc in the Playground

Apparently Carmine hasn't learned yet the secret to controlling Lathe. If you give a choice at the start or a reason at the end, he'll deny it, as he does now with a barking snarl. If you simply order him directly to do something without explanation, like Prism does, chances are he'll obey instantly, regardless of who issued them. Poor Lathe is like a dog that way... trained by years of subservience to a proud older sister and a huge red dragon.

But for now, Carmine hasn't learned that, and is therefore on the receiving end of a glob of spit tinged green with acid. The green dragon is irritated with the 'request' of the little man who may he still believes may have drawn him away from his sister so she would be vulnerable and easily harmed.
    Carmine wipes the glob of spit off of him and then frowns. "Fine, it seems there is no getting through to you. You need me more then I need you. I will be around if you are willing to cooperate."Carmine snaps his fingers and vanishes from sight in a small puff of grey smoke.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

10. - Top - End - #790

"Ah, yes. Your brother the thief, so I'm told," Bellan furrows his brow at the angel of battle. It seems she's not the only one with trust issues right now. "I shall find the potions. But thank you," He says, still exceedingly polite.

He looks at Marty pitiably, obviously worried. "Trogs is safe. Perhaps you can stay there."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-03-21 at 01:38 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty stutters, I...don't know...take me wherever...

12. - Top - End - #792
    Pixie in the Playground

((Btw, I'm kinda sick at the moment, so I'm sorry for slow posting!))

Hmmm, yes Trog's would do. She doesn't comment on the other part. She knows Lathe is a thief. And a liar. And a murderer. She's not about to try and contradict the giant on that point.

She smiles at Marty as reassuringly as she can. Just... maybe it'd be a good idea if you leave your weapons here. For his sake she doesn't mention to Bellan that Marty stabbed himself before. It's odd that she cares about keeping him safe after knowing him for such a short time, but that's Prism all over. She even travels with Lathe because she still foolishly believes he could possibly be redeemed! Don't worry, I'll send someone over to keep you safe. Would that do?

----

((Erm... I really don't know what to do with Lathe right now...
    I'll... uh, think on it and try and post a little later.))
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-03-22 at 08:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty nods, Yes....fine...maybe Bellan could come with me?

14. - Top - End - #794

"I'll make sure you get there safe," Bellan nods respectfully, glancing at Prism. If she had a better idea, he wouldn't mind hearing it. The Knight-giant is itching to go after Cellophane, but Marty could use a friend right now. Either way, once Prism's 'someone' gets to Trogs, perhaps Bellan can return to hunt the fiend.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-03-22 at 04:28 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #795
    Pixie in the Playground

Go on then. I'll begin the search for Cellophane. She may as well begin the search for Lathe too as she's certain he's not there anymore. The idiot.

She walks over to the nearest window and throws it open. Cupping her hands across her mouth, she blows gently into them, and the light that dances from her lips twists into a semi-solid bird which takes off, vanishing into the Nexus. It's a message to one of her siblings to find and watch over Marty in Trog's. No doubt Nidhi will hate her for dragging her away from her icy brooding. But that's life. Nidhi hated everyone.

Without another word she leaves the room, heading downstairs to the main area of the tavern, and begins systematically searching for Cellophane. She starts in the exploded kitchen, aware that Lathe couldn't have exploded the inn as fast as he had without some help.

-------

((It was actually meant as a vague attack actually as his spit is acidic...))

Lathe laughs almost cruelly. Good riddance! I'll find my own way out. Picking up the oars he begins to row his way along the river.

The human was just - how did the angel put it? - throwing a tantrum.

No-o-o-o, that's what you're doing Lathe!

Oh, do shut up. Snarling to himself, he begins to look around with growing unease. Suddenly he realizes that he's never been alone before. It had always been his master, or Prism, or Misha there. The snarl grows into one of frustration and unease as he wonders where the hell the human had gotten himself off to.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty waits for Bellan to take him to Trog's.

Cellophane is nowhere to be found.
    ---

The river spirals in maddening circles. It's a vast river labyrinth. Eventually he'll come to the portcullis explored before by Turin.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post

The river spirals in maddening circles. It's a vast river labyrinth. Eventually he'll come to the portcullis explored before by Turin.
    Carmine had been walking on the water follwing the boat, the snapping of his fingers was actually was the water walking enchantment and the invisibilty was a small charm in his other hand. He expected the small ripples to go unnoticed by the ogre. While reminaing invisible he followed the boat. He knew however strong something may seem they can get over their head. Once he gets to the portcullis he leans up against the wall and ponders how the door maybe opened.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

18. - Top - End - #798

Bellan gestures for Marty to follow, making his way back down the stairs. After a shortcut through the kitchen to retrieve a potion, Bellan heads for the exit.

((Feel free to make a post in Trogs.))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok! I posted.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Pixie in the Playground

Lathe stares at the portcullis. Did... did he just row about in one huge circle? A small snarl turns into a growl of frustration, which in turn grows to a maddened scream.

Alright human, you can return now. Have you caused this?

-----

Prism begins to systematically search the ruined inn, room by room. Cellophane? She calls as sweetly as she can. Would you speak with me?

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

A voice pops out from somewhere, Maybe....

22. - Top - End - #802
    Pixie in the Playground

Prism ceases searching for him then. She picks a chair which is only slightly roasted and sits, drawing up her legs so she's curled in it quite comfortably. Almost casually she increases the light from her Core and flickers it, so she's dazzling and glittering even though she isn't moving. Would you tell me why you attacked Bellan? Please? She spreads her claws slowly, showing that she's not carrying weapons. Not like she needs them to inflict damage, but it's a show of peaceful intent anyways.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

The voice rises into an almost jealus purr, He's one of you...

24. - Top - End - #804
    Pixie in the Playground

One of... she repeats slowly. I'm afraid I don't understand... She extends a foot and kicks a chair out for him. Please, come sit with me. What did you mean?

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

The chair remains empty, No....You are a fool...idiotic, naive, young.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Pixie in the Playground

Am I? She smiles slightly. I am over ten thousand years old. True, that is somewhat young for a dragon, and barely qualifies as an adult for an angel, but I disagree. I don't think I'm any of those. Idiotic? Naive? Hardly. But now isn't a time for arguing.

She leans forward and motions again to the chair. I don't bite. Not with these teeth anyways. Why are you hiding?

27. - Top - End - #807
    Orc in the Playground

Lathe stares at the portcullis. Did... did he just row about in one huge circle? A small snarl turns into a growl of frustration, which in turn grows to a maddened scream.

Alright human, you can return now. Have you caused this?
    Carmine walked closer to the door but still out of Lathe's reach. "So are you willing to cooperate? you willing to talk things through? You know, give a little to get a little?" Carmine askes without lowering his invisibility.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

The voice doesn't respond. Prism might suddenly feel two clammy and hard hands on her shoulders. The hands are gloved but seem awfully bony. ...Don't move....I know who you are angel...half-angel....you're living. It is a curse....the curse of the flesh...I can fix that.....Please....Let me fix you. To make you closer to the gods....

29. - Top - End - #809
    Pixie in the Playground

"Closer to the gods?" I'm an angel! I'm as close to my goddess as anyone could possibly get! She's laughing gently, but she doesn't move, letting the creature do as he wishes.

----

Fine. Lathe snarls. That's the closest to an apology I think the rude ogre is capable of. He can't admit he's wrong, he can't continue alone, and he refuses to seem less powerful than he is. Poor, pathetic Lathe.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

The masked "man" continues to rub her shoulders. Giving her a gentle massage. He adored flesh. He didn't have much anymore His bony hands are covered in gloves. ...You could be closer....you know, I could bring you there...to have their blessings....