New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus:] The Sleeping Goblin II, I Wonder If He's Up Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty tries to wrestle free in a burst of strength. Let me go! Shada?!

Marciano walks to Slii. Um. I'm takin' th' whelp t' REmnant.
    "Are you sure Marciano? I mean they are offering to pay the same exact amount and all we have to do is let him go. Why go through the extra trouble? If that's what you really want though, I did give you my word that I would help you..."

Seeing that Lumia is preoccupied with her new gems, he spends all of his attention on in front of him. He shrugs at Slii.

((Also deadtime for the night, will be on tomorrow.))
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-12 at 11:28 AM.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

"We can deal with a lawful organization just fine. And after you there will be no chance for further bounty hunters." Romeo says to Slii. He then turns to Marciano. "And if five thousand isn't enough to wet your whistle, how does seven thousand gold coins sound?"

"And just where do you expect to get seven grand?" Elio asks a little peeved.

"Eh-heh..." Romeo laughs nervously.

"You are particularly lucky I would have offered the same." And as an aside, "Hmm? A greedy little halfling with nasty teeth? You wouldn't happen to Louvre, would you?" Elio asks of Marciano.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #63

Outside the Goblin

Slii half-turns to smile at Ven, nodding to him kindly, "Friend-customer has the idea right, yes-yes. Slii would prefer to end the night without bloodshed and misery, and delivering this one to Remnant will only bring such things. Friend-customers can dicker and dither over prices and bounties all they'd like, for Slii's price is set, and he shall be paid the same no matter what."

For all his previous threats, Slii really would rather things ended peacfully. This was a fools errand, and had he known that Marciano would prove to be such a tempermental and untrustworthy ally, he would not have braved the world outside NO to come here.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano grumbles. He's not eager to let Marty go, thusly voiding his side deal.Er....Are ya' sure rat? We coul' let 'im go collect 'is frens' bounty an' jus' come back later. Marciano turns to the wizard. Ayup, me names Marciano Louv're! How did ya' know me name?

Marty is whimpering at the animated rope....
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-12 at 10:42 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Marciano grumbles. He's not eager to let Marty go, thusly voiding his side deal.Er....Are ya' sure rat? We coul' let 'im go collect 'is frens' bounty an' jus' come back later. Marciano turns to the wizard. Ayup, me names Marciano Louv're! How did ya' know me name?

Marty is whimpering at the animated rope....
    Ven's eyes narrow on the filthy halfing.

"Do you have a motive here Marciano? Why are you making this difficult? It seems Slii has made up his mind already, and I'm about to make up mine. Unless you have a good reason to bring him back to the Remnant, I say let him go."

Ven glances around at the many people around him, preparing for a possible physical confrontation.
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-12 at 04:05 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Nexus Character(s)

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyCelt View Post
    Ven's eyes narrow on the filthy halfing.

"Do you have a motive here Marciano? Why are you making this difficult? It seems Slii has made up his mind already, and I'm about to make up mine. Unless you have a good reason to bring him back to the Remnant, I say let him go."

Ven glances around at the many people around him, preparing for for a possible physical confrontation.
    "Well, supposedly, there's a halfling running around lately that stole a scroll that foretells the future.
    I think it might be this guy.

Just as a heads up, ya know?"

Lumia says, still sidetracked by the gems.
    She's being a very good hostage! She's night fighting, she's not even struggling to get out.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

So apparently, Chez has been sitting here this whole time with his Gordon CSWS.

Not Doing Anything. Other than Lusting over Tyalla.

Yup.

"Is this over Yet?"
    Chez asks. " 'cause I've got 50,000 in Credit Chips Right Here. And if that Doesn't Convince you to Leave, I've Got a 12 Gauge Auto-Shotty."

8. - Top - End - #68

"As the lady said, you may have stolen a scroll from an... annoyance of mine. Do you still have it?" Elio says to Louvre. "And as they said, unless you have a vested interest in ruining the poor boy's life, I don't see much use in rejecting our offer." And before anything is said, he's seventy-seven. He gets to call anyone under forty a boy if he chooses.

Romeo takes an opportunity to run his bit of game. "You're being payed a flat rate? Perfect!" he tells Slii. "How much are you being payed?" Flat rates means Marciano can be outbid. The arguing means they're willing to go for a better offer. He might be able to get out of this without owing his master seven grand.

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #69

Outside the Goblin

"Two thousand gold has bought Slii's service, and that of his beast, to be paid from the ransom on completion of the bounty. If gentle-sir wished to hire Slii to drop his current contract, I would require another one thousand on top of this, as well as any compensation you wish to haggle over with my other customers." Slii has named his price, claiming a stake of the previously offered 7000 gold. Now to see how the chips fall from here.

While Marty whimpers about the rope around his feet, Slii casts a narrow glance at Marciano, to see what he will say. The rat catcher does not trust this turn of events.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-02-12 at 04:48 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

OK! Enough ye flat 'eaded deadbeats! I've 'ad enough 'o' this! I'm being paid extra fer this! Listen rat-man. Take th' damn idiot back t' NO. I gots me enough money on capture to buy a manor. I c'n beat thier price! If I don't get 'im I will shoot something! M'names Marciano Louv're! I will kill 'im! Marciano aims a pistol at Marty.

Marty does not like this turn oof events.

Friends? With Marty?!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-12 at 05:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Outside the Goblin

"Two thousand gold has bought Slii's service, and that of his beast, to be paid from the ransom on completion of the bounty. If gentle-sir wished to hire Slii to drop his current contract, I would require another one thousand on top of this, as well as any compensation you wish to haggle over with my other customers." Slii has named his price, claiming a stake of the previously offered 7000 gold. Now to see how the chips fall from here.

While Marty whimpers about the rope around his feet, Slii casts a narrow glance at Marciano, to see what he will say. The rat catcher does not trust this turn of events.

"Touch my Friend, And I'll Ventilate You."
    Chez growls.

Wait...

Did Chez just call Marty his FRIEND? What?

Chez must be smoking Green Leaf to help with his Post Combat Jitters.

Except he's NOT.
    Last edited by Chezmarine; 2012-02-12 at 04:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside the Inn]

Ven's attention darts from person to person as the haggling and arguments continue. Marciano is quite clearly determined to capture Marty, and apparently he was being paid an incredibly handsome reward for doing so. Slii on the other hand looks as if he wants to side with the mages' offer. He should of expected something such as this. What to do, what to do...

"You're being paid that much Marciano, and you didn't bother telling us? I don't look favorably on people who deceive me, but in this case I'm willing to let it slide since you have access to such large funds."

He turns to Slii and lets out a sigh.

"I'd rather this end sooner than later, but if we're going to be paid that handsomely I think we should choose to help him."

Ven then turns his attention to the older mage with an inquisitive look.

"And what's this about a scroll?"
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-12 at 06:09 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!

Nexus Character(s)

13. - Top - End - #73

[Outside the Inn]

Ven's attention darts from person to person as the haggling and arguments continue. Marciano is quite clearly determined to capture Marty, and apparently he was being paid an incredibly handsome reward for doing so. Slii on the other hand looks as if he wants to side with the mages' offer. He should of expected something such as this. What to do, what to do...

"You're being paid that much Marciano, and you didn't bother telling us? I don't look favorably on people who deceive me. but in this case I'm willing to let it slide since you have access to such large funds."

He turns to Slii and lets out a sigh.

"I'd rather this end sooner than later, but if we're going to paid that handsomely I think we should choose to help him."

Ven then turns his attention to the older mage with an inquisitive look.

"And what's this about a scroll?"
    "Wait, seven thousand?
    Large funds?"

Lumia begins, crazily enough, to giggle.
    "Aaaaah, you're so cute.

Oh, I can help!
    There's this dead annoying guy in this one place, who the halfling person stole his scroll of Future Telling, or something, and old-dead guy payed us to get it back, but then he tried to kill me, so the deal's off, so we're just letting you know that there's probably gonna be some people coming to get the scroll, you can thank us later."

Lumia manages to say all of that in one breath, without pause, and the way she says it is just so . . . so horribly helpful.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

14. - Top - End - #74

Outside

"He-Hey! Listen, I'm sure we canmmph?" Romeo tries to say as Elio's hand goes over his mouth.

"Romeo, you've done well thus far, you kept everyone calm and talking. I'm very proud, but now it's grown-up time, alright?" He waits for a nod from Romeo before letting go. The teenage apprentice remains silent. "Marciano Louvre, we stand at a very inconvenient impasse, and you with a simple choice." His voice is calm and clear, seeking not to enrage the halfling. "I worked for over fifty years for a royal court. I'm more than confident in my abilty to bid against you for your allies' loyalty. Doubly so, since the money you would get from your capture of Marty is still in the air. So your choice is simple, work with me, tell me the money you would make, allow me to pay you and let you work out your double dealings with your allies how you see fit." As he begins the other option his voice adopts a harsh tone, "Or scuffle with us, risk life and limb for money you could have gotten risk free, and should Marty die in the cross fire, I will burn his body beyond recognition of magic or science so you will never recieve payment." His demeanor returns to normal again as he makes one final plea. "To talk with me would be so much easier than a fight. Louvre, please, nobody here wants bloodshed. Lower your gun and make me an offer." He takes a deep breath after his speech and extends a hand to Marciano in friendship.

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #75

Outside the Goblin

Slii chitters angrily, and Furt's subvocal growling rises to something far more threatening.

"You would deceive clan NO, and give us such paltry offerings while raking in hidden profit? Slii will hear no more of you pitiful man-thing. Were you not still a potential client, Den-mother would wrap around your throat and wring the life from your worthless hide. Name your price, Warlock, and you shall have hired Slii Arhem, of the most glorious clan NO!" Slii's voice is venomous and cruel for the most part, although the last sentence, directed to Elio, is more cordial.

The rat catcher is disregarding Ven's advice for now, too enraged at Marciano's betrayal to care for the possibility of added gold, when there were guarantees sitting right in front of him.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright! Shu' up! NOW! Alrigh', I will blow us all up 'ere unless, I get a large amount 'o' gold. Whoever offers me the highest amount of gold can 'ave Marty. And I will lie to me empl;oyer. Say yer fren' died before I coul' bring 'im back. You are going t' offer me money, or, I shoot the boy. Even if the boy lives I can report to me master. He will send others. He is powerful. Now, I am perfectly content with bein' filthy rich. Tha' is me goal 'ere. So, the real question is. Who 'ere is th' highest bidda'? Wizard. Wha' can ye offer? I'm already bein' paid enough for me t' buy meself a mansion. An' maybe a few slaves.....Yup. So. What'll it be? Marciano nods at Grantaire, and Grantaire reaches into his bag of holding and starts taking out something that looks like a pitching machine. Except instead of baseballs. There are bombs. I c'n blow this 'ole place up righ' now.

Marty keeps struggling. He's scared.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright! Shu' up! NOW! Alrigh', I will blow us all up 'ere unless, I get a large amount 'o' gold. Whoever offers me the highest amount of gold can 'ave Marty. And I will lie to me empl;oyer. Say yer fren' died before I coul' bring 'im back. You are going t' offer me money, or, I shoot the boy. Even if the boy lives I can report to me master. He will send others. He is powerful. Now, I am perfectly content with bein' filthy rich. Tha' is me goal 'ere. So, the real question is. Who 'ere is th' highest bidda'? Wizard. Wha' can ye offer? I'm already bein' paid enough for me t' buy meself a mansion. An' maybe a few slaves.....Yup. So. What'll it be? Marciano nods at Grantaire, and Grantaire reaches into his bag of holding and starts taking out something that looks like a pitching machine. Except instead of baseballs. There are bombs. I c'n blow this 'ole place up righ' now.

Marty keeps struggling. He's scared.
    Ven becomes visibly irritated, and begins to shout.

"THAT'S THE LAST STRAW, MARCIANO! I no longer desire to be apart of your manipulate, deceiving schemes. You've clearly shown where your loyalties lie, by demonstrating your greed, and it's not to your partners . I told you that there would be no harming the fugitive, and here you are about to turn his brains to confetti."

Ven releases Lumia and pushes her towards the wizard.

"I'm with the rat on this one. Whatever deal you offer him, I'll also accept." says Ven to the mages.

Ven directs his attention at Grantaire and chuckles.

"So you honestly think you have what it takes to commit martyrdom, friend?"
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-12 at 08:02 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!

Nexus Character(s)

18. - Top - End - #78

Ven becomes visibly irritated, and begins to shout.

"THAT'S THE LAST STRAW, MARCIANO! I no longer desire to be apart of your manipulate, deceiving schemes. You've clearly shown where your loyalties lie, by demonstrating your greed, and it's not to your partners . I told you that there would be no harming the fugitive, and here you are about to turn his brains to confetti."

Ven releases Lumia and pushes her towards the wizard.

"I'm with the rat on this one. Whatever deal you offer him, I'll also accept." says Ven to the mages.

Ven directs his attention at Grantaire and chuckles.

"So you honestly think you have what it takes to commit martyrdom friend?"
    "Freedom!"
    Lumia grins, taking the shove and rolling with it.

"And you, my good sir,"
    She says, shaking a finger at Marciano.
    "are bluffing. Sure, you could blow all of us up.
    But the instant you shoot one of those, everyone will kill you.
    So just please, put them away, and let's talk about this."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elkandar wipes off his tears and comes downstairs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

20. - Top - End - #80

Outside

"Now wait just a cotton-pickin minute! I said I wanted this handled peacefully and I meant it!" Elio yells, dropping the wise old sage bit for a moment. He pick it back up before he starts again but he's still pretty miffed. "Because I'm a good sport I'll compensate you both for time wasted in this debacle if all goes peacefully. But just in case, three thou each plus a wheel of cheese for the big rat if this goes south. And only if it goes south. Now for you Louvre. I don't carry a safe in my pants, but as proof I'm not just whistling Dixie," he reaches into his sleeve and pulls out a sheathed rapier. It is ornate in design, gems and gold patterns spiraling about the scabbard and hilt. "This was a gift from an old acquaintance of mine. The finest elf weapon-artisans forged this sword and designed it's patterns and inlay." He reveals the blade, even in the moonlight the light from the blade is astouning. A similar pattern is designed into the steel blade as golden decoration. "It's obviously not meant for battle, but would look lovely over someone's mantle. Some rich collector's mantle, if you catch my drift. Some rich collector who would pay oh, say upwards of a half million gold coins if you put in the leg work to find good buyer, hinty-hint. All I ask in return is two things: First that you leave Marty alone forever. Second is that you tell me who, and if you know, why, is paying so much to have Marty arrested. Sound like a good deal? Scuffle and 'Splosion free."

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Outside

So through this all Tyalla has sat there not really doing very much. She tires quickly of this game, this tossing back and forth of prices, threats and the like. She looks very hard at the force-field, wondering if she could perhaps dig under it? Whatever she could do, it had to be fast as she could feel her will power slipping to the werewolf.

It was the halfling who was the problem, not anything else. He was the one who didn't appear to be co-operating. She stares at him for a moment. Hmmm, if they left with Marty anyways they may still be easy to track down, but she hoped he would take the gold and leave Marty alone nevertheless.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

22. - Top - End - #82

*walks outside*

Seeing Tyalla clawing at the force field, Elkandar sniffles and casts an extremely powerful dispelling magic.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-02-12 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #83

Outside the Inn

"Furt does not enjoy cheese, but Slii shall accept anyway. Should feeble, pathetic man-thing wish to try his luck, he may feel free to pit his bombs against Slii's chaos magic." The cloak on the ground behind the rat catcher rattles warningly.

Slii waits, to see what shall come of this. He heard Marciano say clearly that he would use his ill-gotten gains to buy slaves, and wonders if that qualifies him as a target for a slave-trader bounty. This is not the best time for such an attempt, but that doesn't make Slii any less interested.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

.....Ya' know. I don't really want to die. Instead how about handing me gold, and I'll tell ya' what I know about me emplya'. I suggest that you, wizard, hand me real gold. Not some crusty sword. Now, I can fire me cannon. But! I'd rather not die. Honestly, If you get me half a million gold and let me escape, I will tell ya' 'oo 'ired me, an' I'll forget th' pink man. Say, where did ya' get that coat boy? Marty is shaking and whimpering. Ger, r-r-at t-t-ail.....

Marciano glares. Get me gold and let me run and I'll tell ya what I know an' never come afta' Marty again. 'Kay?

25. - Top - End - #85

Elkandar tosses fifty gold in a bag at Marciano. He just wants everything to end.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

26. - Top - End - #86

Outside the Goblin

Generally, a barrier as well as a bomb-pitching device in the middle of a cluster of people is a good way to grab attention. As such, a certain fledgeling's attention was summarily grabbed as they came into her line of sight.

While breaching said barrier would likely be a chore, it wouldn't dissuade some inspection. Of course, the entire thing merited observation first as simply jumping into a situation without some knowledge was an easy way to get shot at.

Or... Magicked at? The muse was still rather fuzzy on the terms. Heck, if it weren't for the existence of the barrier, she would have likely ignored the group entirely.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

"ALL RIGHT! I AM GOING TO COUNT TO 10, AND IF SOMEBODY HASN'T RELEASED MY FRIEND MARTY YET, I WILL VENTILATE ALL OF YOU! Except the cute werewolf girl." Chez roars, shooting for floor with his auto-shotty to show he means business.

"ONE!"
    Last edited by Chezmarine; 2012-02-13 at 02:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

.....Ya' know. I don't really want to die. Instead how about handing me gold, and I'll tell ya' what I know about me emplya'. I suggest that you, wizard, hand me real gold. Not some crusty sword. Now, I can fire me cannon. But! I'd rather not die. Honestly, If you get me half a million gold and let me escape, I will tell ya' 'oo 'ired me, an' I'll forget th' pink man. Say, where did ya' get that coat boy? Marty is shaking and whimpering. Ger, r-r-at t-t-ail.....

Marciano glares. Get me gold and let me run and I'll tell ya what I know an' never come afta' Marty again. 'Kay?
    Ven puts up his hand as to indicate for him to stop.

"Let's not be so hasty there. You owe me for all of this trouble, and I think that giving me a fourth of that is acceptable. Either that or you can meet your fate at the blade of my daggers. And you there, wolfman, acting so brazen won't get us anywhere."

His body language implies a state of indifference. He once again adresses Marciano.

"It's really your choice, ally." The last part of the sentence is spoken with a trace of irony.
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-13 at 12:08 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!

Nexus Character(s)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chezmarine View Post
    "ALL RIGHT! I AM GOING TO COUNT TO 10, AND IF SOMEBODY HASN'T RELEASED MY FRIEND MARTY YET, I WILL VENTILATE ALL OF YOU! Except the cute werewolf girl." Chez roars, shooting for floor with his auto-shotty to show he means business.

"ONE!"
    The 'cute werewolf girl' actually does something other than sit there and listen. Namely, she turns around and gives Chez a small snarl, pulling back her lips over flashing white fangs. Admirable, Brother, but you're just going to make things worse. They've already almost reached an agreement. Shooting people would definitely end that.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

"...And you there, wolfman, acting so brazen won't get us anywhere."

His body language implies a state of indifference.
    "Oh, it will get your head twenty feet from your body." He growls defiantly. Before listening to Tyalla...

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    The 'cute werewolf girl' actually does something other than sit there and listen. Namely, she turns around and gives Chez a small snarl, pulling back her lips over flashing white fangs. Admirable, Brother, but you're just going to make things worse. They've already almost reached an agreement. Shooting people would definitely end that.
    "I hear you, Sister." He nods, lowering the shotgun a bit. "But if this doesn't resolve with Marty being free, I WILL KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU... Except Tyalla... Because She's Cute..."