New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Saer's Manor

Saer had plenty of time to accomplish everything he wished when he went back to Nixa's room. The blood had been cleaned, and Reece had even lit a fire for him. But when Saer looked at the butler with a questioning gaze, Reece just shook his head and nodded towards the bathroom.

"Thank you, Reece." Dismissed, the butler nodded and left the room to attend to his other duties.

Saer stepped up to the door and pressed one hand lightly against it. Hearing nothing, he knocked. "Nixa?"
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa sighs. Don't worry about me, I'm alright. Just going through an identity crisis. Damn, there as so many memories. Did Sk- did he have to go tearing through all of them? Never-mind, you probably don't even understand. Another sigh punctuates that, but it isn't completed by the sound of Nixa rising at all. She doesn't really want to come out. She wants to stay, locked away from everythingd until she can figure out what's happening to her.

Look, I think I keep my clothes in a bag somewhere. Can you find me some clothes, please? The bag in question is sitting out in the open on her desk. It's awfully tiny, and stores just about everything she owns.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

The exasperation in her voice was apparent. He couldn't exactly blame her. When she asked him to find her clothes, at least it was punctuated by a 'please'. He had to keep reminding himself it wasn't yet him she was frustrated with.

He didn't respond but shook his head with frustration and went to find the bag. It wasn't too difficult for him to identify. Opening it up, he stuck his arm in and began rummaging around (who knows what he found in the interim between when he started and when he actually found her a dress?).

He gave her a brisk knock of warning before he simply opened the door. Again, nudity had never bothered the demon. His, or anyone else's.

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, he would have found lots of things in the bag. Jewels, gold, books (more books than anything else actually), skulls and other bones, etc. But at least the dresses were fairly near the top.

Lost in thought she didn't hear the demon knock, but the moment she realized he was in the room as well, she grabs the nearest towel and wraps it around herself before the steam dissipates. She wonders where in her words she'd actually asked him to enter, but doesn't actually say anything more than, thank-you, as she takes the clothes from him.

She's remembered a lot more about herself, but is still unsure how she came to be in this house after a cave, how she met the demon, what happened to Draaxar, all of it. It'll come back eventually, but for now she's fine to treat Saer with polite detachment. Might as well not offend him at all.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

((I forgot to ask; How did you sandstorm run go!))

As she wrapped herself quickly in a towel, he couldn't help but smirk the smallest bit. Well, at least she remembered what modesty was. That was somewhat amusing.

To her thanks, he only gave a nod. And, rather than dismiss himself from the bathroom (it was technically his bathroom, after all), he leaned back against the counter with sinks, hands curled around the edge of them at his sides, facing her. He seemed quite content and unbothered there. "You seem less distressed at any rate." He took all of her in with that calculated gaze. It was somewhat startling to him to note he was quite keen on the way the towel wrapped around her body. More specifically, he was tempted to pull it off her.

His hands tightened a bit at the edge of the counter, but otherwise, his face didn't change. His eye flicked back from the towel and to her eyes. "You must have questions."

KCDC

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

((It was post-poned due to an incredible amount of wind and sand whipping everywhere. You should see the roads! Piles of sand... So it'll be next week. A shame actually, I was kind of looking forward to jogging in a sand-storm, if only for the experience))

No, she didn't remember 'modesty' exactly, more like she remembers Draaxar averting his eyes every time she got dressed, and she came to find it the proper thing to do.

And this is what makes her uncomfortable as she sees him look at the towel. She pulls it tighter around her, not liking that gaze. It was too... personal.

I have no questions. She says. That... is not true, but she'll come to learn the answers as she studies her memories, so they aren't the problem. Oh, except maybe, what happened to make you spring Sk- the dragon?

Yeah, that question's been bothering her for a while now. What had she done? She realizes it must have been something terrible, but she has to know and she hasn't reached that part of her memories yet.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

((Awwww. Well, it's for the best I suppose. I just get to wish you luck again! ))

To her question, any smirk or small indication of humor left the demon's expression. It didn't turn to anger, nor sadness, but rather...a sort of resolved thoughtfulness. He sighed deeply through his nose. "That...is a fair question. I don't think you'll like the answer, though."

He crossed his legs at the ankle, settling himself a bit more firmly in leaning against the counter. "I have but one other girl under my charge. There was a conflict which I was not present for. You attacked her, and truly, you nearly killed her." His gaze found hers, and his was far more solemn than it had been merely seconds before. "There was not a mark on you."
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-19 at 02:05 PM.

KCDC

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

((Thanks!
    And good morning!))

Well, that's unfair, isn't it? If you weren't there for the fight, how do you know she didn't attack me? Even though her memory was lacking in some areas, she was aware that starting fights wasn't something she'd ordinarily do. She may treat others in a less-than-fair way, but fighting? Unless she was certain that she wouldn't be hurt, she'd probably try her best to avoid it.

As for there not being a mark, I'm sure enough that I'd probably be faster anyways. Ah, there's a hint of the old pride, once more.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

((And a good future morning to you too!))

To her words, Saer simply looked at her, that same tired and solemn look on his face. It was clear he wasn't in the mood to argue the point. He'd seen what Nixa had done. He'd given Angele his own blood to save her. He'd called Skel'iim, and now they were here.

He crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I would do it again." Though the look in his eyes wasn't happy about it, the tone was serious. He protected his own. Even if it was from those who were also under his wing.
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-19 at 09:21 PM.

KCDC

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes, because it worked so well the last time, didn't it? There's a small pause, indicating she's not going to continue arguing over it either, though she's glaring at him rather violently.

But, truth be told, she doesn't remember what actually happened during the time Skel'iim took control. She just remembers a small cell in her own mind, a torn down wall, and a dragon threatening to explode her. What fun.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

He half-smiled, but not because he was happy. It was bittersweet, seeing her come back to herself. He leaned forward and brushed his curled pointer finger along her cheek, barely a touch, and he spoke quietly. "There's that infamous scowl you were wearing the first time we met." Then, if she was still within reach, he leaned forward and placed a light kiss on her forehead, the lightest brush of warmth. If not, he wouldn't. "Get yourself dressed. We can answer more questions you might have once you come out."

The demon closed the door to the bathroom behind him.

KCDC

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

She accepts the kiss without comment, but the scowl has not left her face before he leaves. What the heck was that? She remembered the memory she'd found earlier. Nixa, you fool. She tells herself quietly. Demon, he's a demon. And she resolves not to be swayed by the rest of her memories.

But as she dresses and slowly sifts through about a quarter of her memories of Saer, she's absolutely horrified. What the hell? She has memories of him tying her up and touching her wings? How did that ever translate to feelings of, at the very least, lust?

She finishes dressing and exits the bathroom.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

When she exited, Saer was leaning over the fireplace, one hand braced against the mantle, his other hand passively feeling the flames.

As she exited, he turned his head but didn't stand straight, keeping his hand at the edge of the blaze, allowing it to feed him. He gave the familiar dress a flicker of a look, then turned his attention back to the flames. "Anything else you'd like answered while you're still semi-cooperative?" The words were actually genuine, though it seemed like they should have been sarcastic.

KCDC

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

She hesitated, dropping her eyes. Will the other girl be alright? The question is barely audible, as though she's scared she'll ignite his temper. She's not sure if she wanted this girl to live or not, but something in her had seen her master kill enough people to suit her for a very long time.

See, that's why she's almost certain that she hadn't meant to kill her. Unless she was, like, a ghoul or vampire or something, she couldn't see why she wouldn't care about killing her.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer's eyebrow lifted to the question and he turned his head again to look at her, trying to gauge whether she was serious or not. She appeared genuine. He studied her for a breath, then nodded slowly, his reply soft in answer to hers. "It looks that way, yes."

KCDC

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Good, then I have no further questions. She'd learn the answers to them in the near future anyways. As soon as she finishes mending and sorting the last piles of memories.

Assuming you have no further wish to be here, I'd like some time... without having to look at you because it's confusing me. -on my own.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon shook his head gently as he looked into the flames. "If it's not me here, it'll be Reece. I can't afford to leave you completely alone right now." He curled his hand into a fist and gently pulled more of the flames towards him. It was more out of habit than anything. Giving his hand something to do.

KCDC

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa opens her mouth to protest, but quickly shuts it again. Well, that was fair enough. She'd apparently almost killed someone, almost bled to death, was taken over by a dragon and had lost most of her memories. Maybe she did need someone here after all.

She shrugs. Don't think you'd find my doings very interesting, but have it your way. Wonder if Saer's noticed she's stopped calling him 'Lord?' Not that it really matters, at least she's not protesting or complaining at all.

Nixa decides that she needs to test her magic, making sure she remembered the details of spells correctly. It starts off small, creating icicles on furniture with one hand, melting them with the other. Then she begins to create snow, and flings a snowball at the skeleton, who takes the abuse without any complaint. It continues to stand there without moving, empty eye-sockets straight ahead, snow plastering the skull. You're no fun, she teases it. Of course, she's not flinging the snow at Saer, because she's sure 'fun' isn't even in his vocabulary.

After playing around with her snow-creating powers for a few minutes - sculpting it into various snow-creatures, and tossing it around - she grows a little bored. She holds some and studies it until it melts in her palm, sending hissing droplets of water running down her arms. I miss snow, she says quietly.

But why is that a problem when she could create her own? Reece is inside, Saer is inside, this other girl was most likely inside. So what harm would there be? She crosses to the window and throws it open, pressing her palms into the sill. They turn white with the effort of this new spell - one of her more powerful ones. Blizzard! She calls to the wind.

The blizzard begins around the house, the wind picking up and the snow starting to fall as temperatures drop and drop. It's still rather mild though. She only wants it to snow, covering everything in a majestic white blanket. (But that doesn't mean she can't cause the winds to pick up and toss around furniture, the temperature to drop below freezing and huge blocks of ice to crash down on people. She chooses not to.)

As the snow falls, she gazes out at it with eyes that still see red blood from burst vessels, loving how soft it all looks despite that. She scoops up a handful on the sill and thinks for a brief moment.

So what if fun wasn't in his vocabulary? It was in hers, and besides, it's not like a snowball would hurt him at all.

Catch! She tosses it slowly and playfully at his face, laughing, showing a side of herself that rarely emerges around anyone other than Draaxar. A side that's sick of a masking pride and serious learning, and just wants to have fun.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

((Gooooood morning!))

He'd paid some attention in the beginning, though it was passive. She wasn't hurting anything. She was remembering, and he was content to let her do that. Though he was glad she didn't put up a fight about his staying. It was partially for her, partially for others. He didn't know if there would be any remaining after-effects of Skel'iim's take-over, and also the last time he'd left her alone for a prolonged period of time, she'd almost killed half of what was -literally- keeping him alive.

Though she didn't know that. He had doubts on whether or not it would have changed her mind on the situation. He honestly didn't know.

Saer settled himself down into the chair next to the fireplace as she contented herself with making snow.

He was caught completely off guard, lost in his own thoughts.

The snowball caught him fully on three-quarters of his face, and all he could do was let out a startled cry and swipe with an arm while he stood, as if to ward off anything further, but nothing came, except her laughter.

The demon growled and shook his head back and forth once, tossing the excess snow out of his hair while the rest steamed off his face. "You'll regret that..." The words were foreboding, but if she could see his eyes, they were glinting.

Wiping at his shirt, he left the room quite suddenly, still growling.

What a party pooper.

Not a few seconds later, his voice came from below her balcony. "Nixa!!"

He waited, watching her heat, patient for that perfect moment when she would just show her face over the edge of her balcony.

And if she did, if he'd timed it correctly, that's when a barrage of snow, which may well have consisted of at least 20 snowballs, would fly up and dump all over her face and front, and his laughter would complement hers from before. No cruelty to it, no cynicism. Simply laughing for the sake of it.

KCDC

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

((Good morning!
    Hey, you're in university aren't you? Mind if I ask what you're studying? That way I can avoid that topic and not look like a fool for not knowing anything about it. ))

Nixa was a little disappointed when he left the room, but perked up again when she heard him below. She went running out onto the balcony despite the snow and peered over the top.

As she was covered in the blanket of snow she was shrieking in delight at the retaliation. The snow melted upon contact with her skin, and seeped into her dress, soaking it completely so that it clung to her tightly.

Maybe he did know fun after all! She increases the force of the wind and swirls up the snow around him to form a sort of obscuring wall before it flies at him from all directions.

She leaps up and onto the balcony railing so as to be able to see better, and directs the snow from there to chase after him wherever he goes. Her laughter joins his, only growing from before.

((Of course, I'm speaking on the topic of snow: something I haven't seen for... seven or eight years...))

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

((lol. Don't worry yourself over that. You'd have to work pretty hard to look like an idiot at this point. I'm thankful to have an RP partner that understands grammar, honestly. I'm a medical student. Saer's healing powers aren't exactly based off fact, so you're safe. And your snow comment had me literally laughing out loud))

As the walls of snow started flying at him this way and that, he was encouraged to continue the game by her laughter as well as...well...it was fun.

He projected alternating blasts of heat to turn her barrages into water, but in the end, he ended up soaked and unable to see anything anyway. With another shake of his head to get snow and water out of his eyes and hair, he cupped his hands at either side of his mouth to shout at her. "Come down and show me what you're made of! Or are you afraid!"

KCDC

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

((Oh! Thank-you!
    OHMIGOSH! A medical student! What field? I'd love nothing more than to be accepted into Stanford to study neuro-psychology! *insert dreamy/longing face that isn't provided by the forum here*))

Afraid? That comment has Nixa leaping through the air before she realizes it. But despite the fact that she's jumping from several stories up, she hits a bed of very soft snow, and her hair cushions her anyways. She rolls down the bank of snow, slightly dazed, completely soaked, and laughing herself dizzy.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-20 at 12:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

((Well, right now I'm on rotations, so I've seen a lot of stuff. Currently I'm on the pediatrics months and I'll take a shelf exam for that on Friday. I've already done cardiology, general internal medicine, general surgery, urology, plastic surgery, family medicine, and internal ambulatory medicine...It's been an adventure! Not entirely certain what specialty I'll end up in, but right now I'm leaning towards family medicine because it's a little bit of everything...We shall see! And neuro-psychology is super interesting and crazy complex. I'm hoping to take two weeks of neurology this next year.))

Her leap into the snowbank gave him the break he needed to wipe the extra water from his eyes. The moment she got to the bottom of that bank of snow, he was there, and he tried to bend down, scoop her up with both his arms around her waist, spin her, and toss her back into the nearest fluffy snowbank in the span of a few short seconds.

If he was successful, and especially if he got that satisfying little yip out of her that some girls make when they're surprised or caught off guard, the laughter rang out again. If she managed to get out of it, he tossed her another teasing coax as he circled her, referencing his earlier taunt -that she show him what she's made out of: "I'm waiting!"

KCDC

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

((...wow... you sound incredibly busy...
    Is there one subject you enjoyed more than others?))

Well, he got the small yip, and he also managed to throw Nixa into another snow pile, one kind of deep and she almost disappeared from view. She emerges again shaking it from her hair and giggling.

That's alright, she likes a challenge. Because she controls the storm. Saer's about to find himself attacked from above by giant snowballs which drop seemingly from nowhere directly overhead.

As the snow swirls it becomes difficult to see very much, but Nixa stands out fairly well anyways with her dark skin and red eyes.... not to mention that her laughter could be heard from anywhere out there.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

((It's a lot of work, but it's worth it. It'll be even more worth it once I start to get paid for what I'm doing. As for what I've liked...hrmmm...I've had the most fun on family medicine and outpatient pediatrics. Everyone's so happy and nice. Surgery was pretty much the exact opposite. They're all miserable and angry like . Family medicine is like . Hehe))

As Nixa started to pick up the storm, Saer was left alternating between laughter and crying out in surprise as particularly large clumps of snow pushed into him. But he was expending a large amount of energy on heat in the middle of this storm. It was time to even the playing field.

He wiped at his face once more, gauged where she was, looked with his heat sense. With such a focus, she stood out like a sore thumb.

And she wasn't too far off.

He allowed her one more swipe at him with the snow, then he rolled, sprinted out from underneath it as best he could, and charged her. It was his intention to take away those intricate hand movements and startle her from anymore words, even if it was to be done by such crude maneuvers. It was not a usual tactic of Saer's, but this was not a usual confrontation. He was utterly enjoying this.

If he made it to her and everything went as he expected, his arms wrapped once more around her waist, but he went down with her, rolling in the snow several times until she ended up on top of him, the snow-turned-to-water leaving them both utterly soaked, especially on the ground where there was so much of it. And he almost couldn't breath because he was laughing too much.
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-20 at 09:25 PM.

KCDC

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

((What does 'family medicine' consist of?))

Nixa's snow turned against her! She couldn't see anything and Saer caught her completely by surprise, prodding a short scream of surprise. Then her breath was knocked out as they tumbled down and down the snow bank, eventually coming to rest.

For a few moments a dazed Nixa has to catch her breath and stop laughing or she'll pass out. The control of the spell has gone, and it starts to dissipate around them, the snow slowing and eventually stopping. But if Saer's still cold, then Nixa's still generating enough for the both of them.

She's enjoying herself tremendously, lieing her in the slush with Saer underneath, her hands pressed against his chest and his hands around her waist.

Perhaps it was her gidiness at the brightening day, or the ceasing snow. Perhaps it was her joy and the light-headedness that she now felt from their tumble down the snow banks. Or perhaps - no that isn't the case she tells herself even as it happens - it's that she's misjudged Saer and now sees something in him that she didn't before.

But whatever the reason she finds herself leaning in and (attempt I suppose) pressing her lips against his in a breathless, dizzy, yet gentle kiss.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

((They're the primary care docs that people go to for their basic health care stuff. Like, when you have a cold, or when your kid has an ear infection, you go to the family med doc. Or you have a funny rash. Or a yearly check-up. Pretty much whatever. They work mostly in clinics and less in hospitals (though they can do that too). They get to know their patients very well throughout years and years. And they're super awesome.))

Saer's laughter slowly died away as hers did, though the smile didn't leave his face. As the snow eased, he looked up at her, soaking wet as he was, but both of them with steam coming off their clothes and skin at an inhuman rate -hers more than his.

When she leaned down, he was about to say something. It might have even been important. But her lips were on his, and he blinked, eyes wide. He drew back from the kiss shortly after she had given it and simply stared at her, at those devastatingly captivating ruby irises.

It wasn't that he'd never kissed anyone before or been kissed. But with her it was...unexpected. Alarming. Unsettling at the way his heart suddenly slammed behind his ribcage. Something was nagging at him, something urgent, telling him to not...

He ignored it, and if she allowed it, his right hand reached up from her waist, curled at the side of her neck, and he lightly tugged her down at the same time he lifted up at the neck and found her lips again, shutting his eyes this time, and returning her kiss with all the gentleness she had shown him.

KCDC

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

((What about medical research? Interested in that at all?))

When he had pulled away from her the first time, she had felt odd... betrayed? Why would she feel like that if there wasn't anything between them?

But then he reached up, pulled her down again, and she when entered the second kiss, all thoughts were wiped from her mind. There was no snow. There was no manor nearby. There was no grass, no wind, no slush.

There was only Saer.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

((I've done a little, actually. Two summers ago, I was part of an allergy research team. It was alright, but I think I'd enjoy research a lot more if it was more clinic based. What I did was pretty much lab-based. And I was the lab monkey. Which is the crap-work. Still, looks good on applications.))

As his lips fed sweetly off hers, his flesh also partook in her heat, drinking it down, not by pulling, but simply by being. He naturally absorbed whatever heat happened to be around him and at such close proximity, he couldn't help the way his skin soaked up her warmth. It was amazing. Euphoric. Her taste was unlike anything he'd ever experienced.

Addicting.

With a quiet growl brewing in his chest that had nothing to do with anger and everything to do with passion, he deepened the kiss. His hand tightened around her waist, and so long as she didn't fight him, he rolled until she was beneath him, his torso over hers. His hand was still at the side of her neck, and he caressed her cheek with his thumb, kissing her until they were forced to come up for air.

And when, finally, he took his lips off hers, his heart was hammering. Eyes still shut, he pressed his forehead to hers, and could only utter one breathless word, "Hells..."

KCDC

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

((Clinic based research - I think anyways - was more what I had in mind.))

Nixa had given in. She could only focus on the heat from the demon, the touch of his hands, the taste of him on her lips.

Until the memories returned. It was very sudden, a flash and jumble of images as her memories pretty much refiled themselves. She doesn't even acknowledge this, not wanting anything to take away her focus on Saer.

When finally he released her she began to pant, only just realizing how little she'd been breathing for the snow fight, the kiss afterwards. Wow, she must have really needed a breath because the world seemed to be upside down. Wait.. the world really is upside down. She's on her back, the wet slush soaking her wings.

She's a little worried that she hadn't noticed that, a little worried that she'd been just that focused on Saer. And now there are three prominent thoughts on the edge of her mind.

One was that Draaxar was going to eat him. But that was absurd as she no longer belonged to Draaxar, so she pushed it easily from her mind.

The second was that Saer was not Beren. And no, he wasn't. And that was probably a good thing too, as, if she had remembered correctly, Beren had threatened her with execution just after he'd finished expressing his love. He'd turned tail and ran like the cowardly prince he was, back to the safety of his castle walls.

But with Saer it was a different matter entirely. Saer wouldn't run. He couldn't, he owned her, and it wasn't like him anyways, although he may deny anything every happened.

But the last thought swept everything else aside. Not so much a thought as a feeling. A lovely warm feeling as she reached up to caress his cheek gently with her gloved claws. The feeling of him pressed against her. The feeling of her heart fluttering in an almost fairy-tale like manner. The feeling of his breath now on her face. A feeling Nixa wouldn't give up for anything else at this particular moment.