New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354555657585974 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

After stripping the bodies of any valuables and retreating back into the guardhouse, Ryx wastes no time locking the door and throwing his bedroll out before the fire. After eating just a couple of bites of food and washing it down with water, the elf gets out of his studded leather armor, laying it down next to him so he can get into it easily if the need arises through the night. As he disrobes, it can be seen how the elven mercenary has a few newly healed wounds mixed in with some old scars, including some very old scars that criss cross his back. Finally after stoking the fire and adding some wood, he drops down on top of his bedroll and sleeps his weariness away.

Once awakened for his watch, Ryx dons his armor and his weapons as he carefully listens for anything outside their little haven. For a little while he shuffles the cards and deals himself a few, just to see what kind of hand he can get. He rolls the dice over and over, just to make sure neither of them is heavy on one side. But with the night being uneventful, Ryx is ready to get more rest, undressing again, he makes himself comfortable again on his bedroll.

After a nights rest, Ryxikor is up and feeling refreshed, could it be the roof over his head and being indoors or just his disdain for sleeping in the rain. As the others start waking up, Ryx has already eaten some of his rations, and is now looking the many short bows over, testing their pull. When he sees a composite short bow, he picks it up next, testing it's stronger pull, and he smiles and sets the weapon aside, with the many arrows. "I'd be interested in using this bow and all these arrows, if there are no objections. And possibly a couple of alchemist fire and potions and possibly the cards or dice or both." he looks over to their captives, then back to his companions, "Need I remind you, it is thanks to them, we've used up some spells and charges from the wand?" he points out nonchalantly.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-03-28 at 08:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442

The rest of the party had to almost force the gnome to lie down as he fiddles around with his spellbook. Telling them "I think i almost have these new spells figured out." It is only when the group takes the book hostage that Quill tries to sleep and falls down into a slumper almost immediately.

The one who took the spell book from the gnome is in for a surprise as the illusionist relieves him from the 100 pages big book without minding the sleeping habit of him or her.

With that he jumps into his bedroll again and starts to read and prepare his spells of the day.

After that's finished he use a Prestidigitionton to somewhat clean himself.
    Refreshed he greets the others with a big smile. "Good morning"

After hearing Ryx about him wanting the alchamist fire and opens his backpack "Well they belong not our enemies i suggest we should comasita them if we want to use these. This side is from that man the other side of the other and the middle of the woman"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

As Savin rises to the elf and gnomes various dialogues.
    Stretching and feeling the lethargy from the previous fight leave him, he stands and takes stock of his physical condition. The damaged he incurred from the fight seems to have been healed and he feels better for it.

"I think we should use this 'stuff' for now. We can sort out the 'who owns what' debate later."

Grabbing reaching into his pack and pulling out a water skin, he takes a deep quaff of water before picking through for something to eat.

Looking at Halish he says "Don't suppose there is any real food around here?"

4. - Top - End - #1444

ElfPirate

Standing, almost starting to pace, the elven fighter rogue gripps the masterfully crafted composite short bow they just acquired the day before from a Shadar-Kia. As the group talks, Ryx slowly walks around the suddenly small guardhouse. He ends his walk at the stack of short bows from the group's enemies, and removes three of the strings from the bows, just in case his breaks, the mercenary always tries to be prepared for anything.

"So, Halish, is it? I guess you don't know what that next leg is." the elf asks of the next leg of the man's unwanted journey, as he drops the bowstrings into his pouch and naturally quietly walks to the door and listens for anything outside, "What is going on here? And what exactly are we up against?" He moves away from the door and closer to the fire, kicking some of the recently placed dried wood to get it stoked back up. "Who was that Bestra, and who and what else are we gonna be up against in this keep?" he asks as the elf turns and looks at the door, imagining the looming keep just outside.

The mercenary's pace starts looking more like a stalk at times, quiet and determined, as he moves towards the table scooping up the pair of dice and dropping them to see their outcome, "And what about those three?" Ryx asks, nodding his head towards the three uncomfortably tied up 'petitioners'.

Spoiler
    Show

listen: (1d20+4)[20]
    dice rolls: (2d8)[7]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-03-30 at 04:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

When it is Rayen's turn for watch, she stands near the door rolling the chunk of obsidian across the palm of her hands. As she listens for noise from outside, she think about home and wonders what Thorekin thinks of her being gone this long. Sighing, she puts the obsidian in her belt and plans to have it made into a necklace later. She checks the spiked chain's bindings that are attached to the belt and promises to make sure she has learned how to use it before the week is up.

When it is her turn to sleep, she keeps on hand on her morning star and her body turned towards the door.

As the others question Halish, her eyes mostly stay on the priest but sometimes she watches Ryx pace around the room. She wonders for a moment if the man can ever sit still.
    Last edited by Jeraoa; 2013-04-01 at 04:13 PM.
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

The heroes, in the relative safety of the guardhouse, relax a little as their share their spoils of war. Axara is happy to grab the light steel shield and the masterwork mace as the others adventurers equip themselves. She makes sure that Maesyn get the wand of healing, bringing a second healer in the group.

The night passes on without anything remarkable happening. After resting, the group bombards Halish with questions and the Mystran answers them to the best of his knowledge.

When Quill asks him about the 3 purple robed arcanist prisoners, he shakes his head. "They are still dominated. I know that at one point the spell expires because we can subjected to the Starry Gnosis again before we started our travel to this place. They are good people. I got to know them when we were waiting and starving for 3 days before I become dominated. All of this in the name of Mystra. This is so frustrating. There were 8 of us. I do not know what happened to the other four. I think we should keep an eye on them because the last order we got from Bestra was to kill you and this is the only thing they will think about until the domination spell ends. I propose to stay in the guard house and watch them, if you are OK with it."

He pauses a little and takes a bite of his ration. "Talking about Bestra, she was priestess. She never mentioned her god or goddess but she was in charge of all the recruits coming into the keep. I am not sure where they went. I was instructed to wait here by her and it is all I did. She was controlled undead which would make me believe that she was evil. We stayed in our quarter as instructed and all I saw coming and going were undead lizardfolks and shadar-kai."

He stops for a second as if searching for his memory before adding "Actually no. There was once when they brought 2 or 3 living lizardfolks. Apparently, it was important to keep them alive. I am not sure what these specific lizarfolks were so important. Other than that, we just waited there until Bestra told us to kill you."

He looks at Maesyn, Rayen and the rest of the group "In the name of Mystra, I hope you accept my apologies for what I did to you. I am so sorry I hurt you but I was not in control of my actions."

As Savin asks about the food, he shakes his head "All I have had are rations. I am dying for a nice cooked meal, even if it is swamp lizardfolk food."

Axara looks at the rest of the group "I am good with Halish keeping an eye on these 3 until they are not a threat anymore. Now, we need to go and clear this keep of these Shar lovers and undead and creatures from the plane of shadow." She spits on the ground after making that comment. "Damned Shar and her Shadows. I am suspecting that they got ready for us and that something is waiting for us outside. How do we approach it? Open the door and run? I am sure they are ready."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

7. - Top - End - #1447

ElfPirate

As Axara talks, Ryx grabs some of the crates, setting them up as a makeshift barrier to hide behind, inside the doorway about ten feet, and turns the table up on it's side in front of the crates for more cover. "I think everyone should stand or kneel behind these crates with ranged weapons, spells and wands ready. One person opens the door and we see what happens." he says as he shrugs, not knowing what else to do, while getting an arrow out and placing it on his bow, obviously he'll be behind the cover ready to fire.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen nods her head at Ryx. "I agree. I can wait behind one of the crates but since my breath weapon has to recharge sometimes, it might be better if I hide behind the door in case someone tries to rush us. That way I could be a shield and stop them from coming inside."
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

9. - Top - End - #1449

ElfPirate

"Good idea." Ryx says as he nods towards Rayen, "It wouldn't surprise me if the undead lizardfolk were sent in used as fodder." he adds, as he looks at the others, knowing the each have their own form of ranged weapon.

10. - Top - End - #1450

the accounted picks up one of his mage armor scrolls and uses it on himself with that AW-26.

Quill once again pulls his magic missile wand in the other hand he has his rantson and starts to eat from it. All the excitement from figuring out some spells today had made him forget eat.

He says nothing as he knows he has limited military knowledge.
    And more important his mouth is full.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn readies his crossbow, behind the overturned table, as he begins his song of courage.

Maesyn Silverhair

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Savin nods and stands ready, chain in his off hand and a javelin ready to throw.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor puts crates on top of crates creating a 10 by 5 wall for the heroes to hide behind when the door open.

Rayen puts herself next to the door ready to intercept anyone or anything trying to rush in.

Quill casts Mage Armor and armors himself with his magic missile wand. He stands behind the crate in silence. It is a rare occasion that the accountant is quiet but may be the ration in his mouth is the reason why.

Maesyn, his crossbow loaded and ready stands behind the crate wall, ready for war.

Savin is also ready behind the crate wall, with the javelin as his favored range weapon.

Axara opens the door and hides against the wall. Nothing happens. No one rushes in. No weapons are fired. No spells are cast. Axara waits there for a few seconds and moves to the door.

At that moment, she screams “OH NO!” as 4 arrows fly towards her. She does not know where the shooters are. She avoid two of them but a third one scratches her face. The last one is masterfully shoot and hit her in a vital organ.

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: -20HP – Currently at 14/34

As she is about to crumble in pain, undead lizardfolk appear from the side of the wall and the neareast one attack her, clawing her deeply.

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: -6HP – Currently at 8/34

The priestess starts to see stars due to the loss of blood, knowing that she is close of meeting Mystra in person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Time!
    Here is the order: Enemies, Quill, Axara, Rayen, Savin, Ryxikor, Maesyn
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen growls in a very unladylike like fashion when Axara gets hit by the arrows. She takes note of the lizards lining up nicely and can not pass up the chance. "Watch yourselves." She calls out to her companions before sending a line of acid from her mouth at the lizards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp: 41
    Ac: 18

Breath Weapon Acid: (2d6)[8]
    30ft line; DC Reflex 14 half
    Recharges every: (1d4)[3]

15. - Top - End - #1455

Quills mouth opens in horror when the the rampage of damage is inflicted upon her. As the remaining pieces of a small loaf of trail ration falls to the floor, the weasel jumps in action and grabs the loaf before it hits the ground.

Assistant moves to AX-31 and hastily dines on the dried pieces.

The Illusionist himself only regains his composure as "Heartburn" unleashes her troubles on the nearest lizardfolk.

He swallows and points his wand on the nearest lizardfolk and fires [roll]1d4+1[/roll] .
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2013-04-10 at 02:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1456

ElfPirate

Before they open the door to the guardhouse, Ryx grabs a vial off of his potion belt, and after deftly popping the stopper off the vial with his thumb, quaffs the potion down.

When the door is opened and nothing is seen, Ryxikor relaxes the pull on his short bow, starting to wonder if they may have a clear shot to the doors of the keep. Once Axara moves into the doorway, and gets attacked, the wily elf can't believe the lizardfolk surprised them, "Get out of there." he yells to the priestess, hoping the beautiful cleric doesn't become disfigured, at least until he has a chance to find out more about the strange Mystran cleric and how she knows about certain brothels, same as Ryx.

If Axara moves out of the way, the elf fires his arrow at the first lizardfolk entering the guardhouse, after doing so he drops his bow and unsheathes organripper and his rapier, taking a step back, moving to one side of the room.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 41
    AC: 19 (17+2 due to potion)

Before the door is opened, Ryx drinks his last protection from evil potion

standard action: range attack with short bow, on L1 (if dead then L2)
    free action: drop bow
    move action: unsheathe dagger and rapier, move 30' to AZ25

attack with short bow: (1d20+10)[26]
    damage: (1d6+2)[4]

added +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls for Maesyn's singing

Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-04-10 at 06:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Savin sees the priestess get lulled into the trap and nearly fall, yelling out to her "Get back!"

With that he launches his javelin at the lead Lizardman and then rushes forward, unfurling his spiked chain, as he prepare to defend her.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~53

Free action

Standard action
    Attack L1 with javelin then move
    (1d20+9)[6](15)

Crit conf
    (1d20+9)[16](25)

Damage
    (1d6+3)[2](5)

Move action
    Move to AW27

Effects~

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 16
    HP: 25/25
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/4, 2 3/3; sorc: 0 3/3

Maesyn considers that it would have been considerably better if one of Quill's illusions had stepped forward first, rather than Axara. But what was done was done. Carefully avoiding the priestess, he fires a bolt at the lead lizardfolk. He continues his song of courage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Fire crossbow at L1 (+1 morale): (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage (+1 morale): (1d8+1)[4]

Maesyn Silverhair

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Quill, Axara, Rayen, Savin, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Enemies, [action stopped here]

Quill is shocked at what has happened to Axara, shocked enough to lose his food, which does not happen often with the gnome. His reaction is to use the wand to throw energy darts at the lizardfolk.

Axara, knowing she is in trouble withdraw to the corner of the room.

Rayen unleashes her acidic breath towards the line up of undead lizardfolks. The one take the full hit but the other two manage somehow to avoid part of the deadly liquid.

Savin throws his javelin at the undead standing in the door but the weapon bounces of its hide. The warrior moves closer to the door, ready to intercept any shadowslains trying to overrun the guard house.

Maesyn realizes that an illusion could have save Axara a lot of pain as well as healing spell but is considerate enough not to shame the former accountant. While singing his song that motivate his allies, he shoots his crossbow at the nearest undead. His aim is perfect and the shadow slain turns to dust.

Without enemies, Ryxikor waits.

As the fighting as started, the 3 purple robed arcanists are showing increased activity trying to free themselves and Halish is pending all his time making sure they stay tied up and do not interfere with the fight.

A first undead shadow slain enter the room toward Rayen, walking within distance of Savin’s spike chain, provoking an AoO. The warrior hits the undead fair and square, turning it into dust.

The 3 remaining shadow slain enter the guardhouse, one attacking Rayen and two attacking Savin. They each succeed landing a bite or claw.

However, Ryxikor is able to fire an arrow and hit the one the is attacking Rayen.

Spoiler
    Show
    [b]Rayen: -4HP – Currently at 38/41
    Savin: -5HP -5HP – Currently at 43/53 [b]

No more arrow fly but still not sign of the archers.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    +1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura
    Inspire courage: +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
    Last edited by achinca; 2013-04-12 at 11:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460

Seeing that Muscles and Heartburn hold the magic leeching lizards at bay.
    "Trickster help me. Didn't expect to be casting so soon."

He chooses the fully healthy L5 shadowslain and unleashes a trio of magic missle on it.

(3d4+3)[3][2][3](11)
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2013-04-12 at 11:19 AM. Reason: color speech added

21. - Top - End - #1461

ElfPirate

The wily elven mercenary surveys the small battlefield and quickly realizes that Savin is about to be attacked by two of the undead lizardfolk. Dropping his new short bow, Ryx draws his dagger and rapier, and moves next to Savin, to help the warrior and try to help defend the priestess.

"Follow me, bookmiester. Save your spells, don't waste them on these fodder. Soon we'll face the masters of these spell-stealing undead lizardfolk

Once the elf gets into position, he lunges out with organripper, hoping it strikes true.

"Quill, please help Halish make sure those petitioners don't cause trouble.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 41/41
    AC: 19 vs L3, 18 vs all others

free action: drop short bow
    move action: grab dagger and rapier, while move about 15' to AY26
    standard action: attack L3 (or L5, if L3 is dead)

attack with organripper: (1d20+11)[22] added +1 for bardic song
    damage by organripper: (1d4+5)[9] added +1 for bardic song, +1 Rayen's Aura

ooc: if your standing beside opponent, and you move 5' around him each round as you fight, to slowly flank him, does opponent get AoO?

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen pulls her morning star off of her belt and attacks the lizard in front of her. She makes a mental note of the two attacking Savin and of there being nothing else in sight for the moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 38/41
    AC: 18

Free: draw weapon
    Attack L4: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[2]
    BW recharges in 2 rounds

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Savin sees the creatures fan out as they try to outflank him.
    Hunching his shoulders, head low, he growls towards them "Come, hellspawn, and join your brethren in the abyss" as his chain makes a deadly arc over his head.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~43

Free action

Full Round action
    1st attack L5 with spiked chain
    (1d20+11)[12](23)

Crit conf
    (1d20+11)[3](14)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[1][1](9)

2nd attack L5 with spiked chain
    (1d20+6)[3](9)

Crit conf
    (1d20+6)[5](11)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[2][2](11)

Effects~
    Bardic Courage - +1 hit/damage, fear and charm rolls.
    Draconic Aura - +1 to damage

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/4, 2 3/3; sorc: 0 3/3

Maesyn, not wanting to risk firing into melee again, stows his crossbow and stops singing his song of courage. Instead he casts a spell, causing the door to the guardhouse to slam shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Stow crossbow

Standard action: Cast open/close on door to close door.

Maesyn Silverhair

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane spell failure chance: 1-10 is a failure: (1d100)[88]

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Quill, Axara, Rayen, Savin, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Enemies, [action stopped here]

Quill decides to help the front line fighter and unleashes powerful energy darts at the “hjealthiest” looking undead lizardfolk.

Axara used her Mystra given magic to heal herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: +22HP – Currently at 30/34 – Dropped remove curse

Rayen hits the undead lizardfolk attacking her. She hits it but the mace does little damages to the undead hide.

Savin attacks the undead with his mighty spiked chain and turns it to dust with a mighty blow.

Ryxikor instructs the accountant what to do, moves next to a undead and hits him hard with his favorite weapon, organripper.

Maesyn, puts his bow back, stop singing and using his master of arcane magic, closes the door that Axara opened.

Halish realizes that the dominated arcanists are likely to hurt themselves following the orders they received by the now defunct Bestra. He decides to use non-lethal damages to render them unconscious.

The two remaining undead shadow slain attack the hero in front of them. The once facing Rayen is able to claw her. The second one choses Ryxikor over Savin and hits him with both claws and its bite.

Spoiler
    Show
    [b]Rayen: -7HP – Currently at 31/41
    Ryxikor: -7HP -6HP -4HP – Currently at 24/41 [b]

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    +1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura
    Inspire courage: +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Round 1/5
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1467

With all shadowslain now busy the gnome is to willy to comply to Ryx request.

Putting his wand back and holding his quarterstaff firm Quill attention is now on a play of wack the mage.

Spoiler
    Show
    putting away a weapon and suchs not sure if there is enouch action to attack but just incase

no lethal damage (1d20-3)[8] (1d4-2)[2]

28. - Top - End - #1468

ElfPirate

When the agile elf fights, it truly is a spectacle to watch, as he constantly keeps moving, circling and spinning around his opponent while his dagger and rapier flash back and forth. Others wonder how the elven mercenary can be so full of energy to keep up such a devastating pace as his two blades whip in and out of his enemy's defenses during his dance of death. Most of the strikes are hard and true, but, however hard and true they are, most are just fakes and feints to throw his opponent off guard until Ryx finds the one deadly opening that may do the most damage, that is when his foes realize just how deadly this elf is. During his mesmerizing movements, Ryx jabs his rapier and organripper at the lizardfolk, and before anyone notices, Ryx is another five feet around the salamander-man, trying to flank him, and as his weapons flash towards his opponent he takes a few serious swipes with each.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 28/41
    AC: 21 vs L3, 19 vs all others (if L3 dies, whoever Ryx is fighting)

free action: move 5' to AY25
    full round action: attack with dagger and rapier

attack rapier: (1d20+8)[12]*
    damage: (1d6+4)[6]

attack dagger: (1d20+9)[22]*
    damage: (1d4+5)[7]

*add +2 if Savin flanks L3 with Ryx

Bardic Courage - +1 hit/damage, fear and charm rolls.
    and effects from: protect from evil potion

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Savin grins darkly at Maesyn, approving of the half-elfs quick thinking.
    Looking between Ryxikor and Rayen, he sees that Rayen seems to be in a bit more trouble. He lashes out with his chain, seeking to end the creatures existence.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~43

Free action

Full Round action
    1st attack L4 with spiked chain
    (1d20+11)[14](25)

Crit conf
    (1d20+11)[7](18)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[4][4](15)

2nd attack L4 with spiked chain unless the first attack finished it, then this attack will be against L3
    (1d20+6)[10](16)

Crit conf
    (1d20+6)[13](19)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[4][3](14)

Effects~
    Bardic Courage - +1 hit/damage, fear and charm rolls. 1/5

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/4, 2 3/3; sorc: 0 2/3

Maesyn, lacking alternatives, cautiously reaches forward and casts a healing spell on Rayen. He then shifts to a slightly different position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: cure light wounds on Rayen: (1d8+5)[12]

Move action: Move to AX29.

Maesyn Silverhair