New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Rayen grits her teeth and decides to put a little more power behind her swing to see if she can increase the damage her weapon does to the lizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 31/41
    AC: 18
    Feat Used: Power Attack -4
    Attack: (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[10]
    BW recharges in 1 round
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Quill, Axara, Rayen, Savin, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Enemies, [action stopped here]

Quill moves towards the dominated arcanists and start smacking them into submission.

Axara moves to flank the undead with Savin and swings her mace. Her swing is wide, the undead duck and Axara nearly hits Savin.

Rayen attacks the undead lizardfolk but fails to connect.

Savin attacks the undead attacking Rayen and turns it to dust. He tries to do the same with the one facing him but fails to hit him.

Ryxikor hits the undead who attacked him and ends the undead miserable undead life.

Maesyn, moves next to Rayen and heals the dragon shaman completely.

Axara looks at her partners. ”We are back at square one, less a few undead and we know there are archers aiming at us ready to fire at will. Any idea? I would not be very happy becoming a pin cushion a second time.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    +1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura
    Inspire courage: +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. Round 2/5
    Last edited by achinca; 2013-04-17 at 12:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 16
    HP: 25/25
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 3/4, 2 3/3; sorc: 0 2/3

"Quickly, then, let's try this a bit more tactically. Quill, can you prepare an illusion, as you did at the shrine? It doesn't have to be all of us, just one will do."

The Bard casts message, selecting as his six targets Quill, Rayen, Ryxikor, Axara, Savin, and Halish. He then pulls out a scroll of invisibility, ready to cast it on Ryxikor.

Maesyn Silverhair

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quill mentally prepares himself to cast his Silent Image combined with a ghost sound. Of Savin, Axara, Rayen and Rxy.

(ooc: I hope the illusion is allowed to repeat itself like a replay for the cover if we al get out.)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

5. - Top - End - #1475

ElfPirate

"Yes, one might do, but I think an image of all of us running out would draw all of their fire, one group of three then another group of three. That would help locate the archers and hopefully spellcasters." Ryxikor says as he stands silently, watching the bard, as he casts the spell, message.

After the casting, Ryx holds his action again as Maesyn casts invisibility, and a cryptic smile appears as the elf disappears from view. With Ryx standing to the side and once one of the group opens the door and the illusion moves out, Ryx moves north, precisely the way him and Savin came the day before. Slowly picking each step, he searches out the enemy and listens for any type of movement.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 34/41
    AC: 19

move action: 30' to AQ27
    move action: 30' to Ak27

spot: (1d20+4)[22]
    listen: (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-04-22 at 05:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen thanks the bard for his healing. She stays quiet as they work the message spell and waits to see what happens.
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    To make progress in the action, I will go with the plan discussed OOC and uses a few caster spells and scrolls. Please adjust your character sheet accordingly. Thank you

As Rayen thanks Maesyn for healing her, the bard cast message on Ryxikor to allow the rogue to communicate with him once he is outside.

Quill prepares an illusion with sounds to try to confuse or exposed the enemies.

Axara and Savin hides away from the door as Maesyn uses his scroll of invisibility on Ryxikor.

Maesyn goes hiding and Quill creates his illusion.

The now invisible Ryxikor opens the door and slips through and is followed by the illusion with sound.

As the illusion comes out, two voices say “Illusion, hold your fire”. Only one arrow leaves its bow and goes through the illusion. “got it!

Ryxikor moves around, looking for the enemies. Through the voices he can deduct there at least 3 of them and can see at least one of them very clearly, the one that fired the arrow at the illusion. He will have to keep moving to try to perfectly locate the rest of the enemies.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    +1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura 30 feet range
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1478

Quill curses as these... people managed to see past his clever illusions once more.

A well the gnome thinks better make the most of it.

the gnome inside the safety of the house yells with a shaky voice.

"Illusions? You dare call us illusions? You puppets of the lady bitch. Even death will not stop us to avenge and rescue our family"

bluff (to unlikely make them believe the illusion are ghosts) (1d20+1)[8]

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quill tries to convince them the illusions are ghosts by his attempt fails.

Axara tells the gnome "No worries Quillmeister. Your Illusion provide covers."

Ryxikor moves around and spots another Shadar-Kai.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn waits for Ryxikor to report back in. "No information yet," he whispers, which the others can all hear through the message spell.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2013-05-02 at 10:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1481

ElfPirate

The invisible rogue quietly moves around the courtyard, trying to track the archers. As Ryx scouts, he gets nearer the main door to the keep. When he passes the doors, he looks inside to see if anyone or anything is waiting there. Once he spots individuals, he takes note of anything that could help him determine which one could be a leader of these archers, he also looks to see what armor and armaments they have. While he moves through the courtyard, Ryx whispers any information back to the others, to help them know the where-abouts of the archers.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: ?
    AC: invisible

move action: stop at AL14

ooc: Achi, I asked a couple times for healing before Ryx went out, did Axara oblige? Plus, don't forget about the protection from evil potion
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-05-02 at 03:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor moves around the courtyard and after a while identify the other shadar-kai and the shadar-kai leader.

He looks through the doors but sees no one lurking there.

He moves away and whispers the location of the 4 archers to Maesyn.

The archers are ready to shoot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Got Ryxikor at 32/41 - Axara never healed him. Just forgot. Was not intentional. Assume he is full health and I will burn a charge of the wand. We would not send anyone in recon without full health, even invisible.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1483

ElfPirate

Ryxikor, invisible, holding his rapier and organripper, stands ten feet away from who he perceives is the leader of these archers. His breathing is slow and quiet as he watches the shadar-kai, looking at his body and armor, pinpointing precisely where he wants to attack that will do the most damage. Once the rest of the group move out of the guardhouse and the leader starts to pull back his bowstring, Ryx makes his move, attacking the shadar-kai leader and hopefully disrupting his shot.

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: I assume since Ryx is invisible, he gets surprise on the leader
    init: (1d20+3)[16]
    HP: 41/41
    AC: 21 vs K, 19 vs all other

free action: 5' step to AL15
    full round action: melee attack with both rapier and organripper

attack organripper: (1d20+12)[22] includes +2 flanking, +2 invisible
    damage: (1d4+3)[4]
    sneak attack damage: (3d6)[9] I keep forgetting if I add bonus to this

attack MW rapier: (1d20+11)[27] includes +2 flanking, +2 invisible
    damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    sneak attack damage: (2d6)[11]

14. - Top - End - #1484

With his 3th illusion blown within two days.

The Illusionist orders his illusions closer to the door.

And addresses the originals inside "Well when Silks gives his signal our armoured champions charge to the nearest antagonist. While sprinting aside your less then faultless counterpart. There hopefully good enough to provide your physical structure with the cover you need."

he pauses for a moment

"Songs and myself will remain here to give cover fire. --With i might ask can the new priest assist us in that?"

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

"As good a plan as any. Ryx, get ready. Savin, go when you're ready."

Maesyn pulls his crossbow and prepares to fire on whomever he can see once Savin and Ryx have acted.

Maesyn Silverhair

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Quill, Axara, Rayen, Savin, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Enemies, [action stopped here]

Quill explains his plan. Maesyn approves it openly and the 3 other heroes just nod. Halish nods at Quill “Will be more than happy to help you shot them

Ryxikor whispers go to Maesyn thanks to the messenger spell and Savin, Rayen and Axara runs out of the guard house under the cover of the illusions which Quill controls by staying concentrated.

Ryxikor buries organripper in the leader kidney and his rapier inside the man torso. He aims for the heart but misses it by centimeters and only pierces the lung. He appears to the greatly wounded leader (<20% HP left)

The 3 archers unleash their arrow. The first one aims for Axara but the arrow bounces of her armor. The second aims for Rayen but fails to connect. The 3rd one is confused and shoot and misses at one of Quill’s illusions.

The leader takes a 5 feet move away from Ryxikor and release his arrow, piercing the now visible rogue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rxikor: -8HP – Currently at 24/41

Maesyn, using his light crossbow aims and shoots at the leader. The shot is nearly perfect and the arrow buries itself in the back of the head of the leader, killing him instantly.

Quill stays concentration to keep the illusion alive.

Halish looks at his partners. ”If you want me to provide range support, I need a range weapon..”

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    +1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura
    Last edited by achinca; 2013-05-07 at 09:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 16 (22 with Total Defense)
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 3/4, 2 3/3; sorc: 0 2/3

"Nice work," Maesyn says to all, via the message link. "That went surprisingly well."

He emerges cautiously from the guardhouse to survey the situation, rather than firing into melee with all the illusions scattered about.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Total Defense

Move action: Move six squares to AT23.

Maesyn Silverhair

18. - Top - End - #1488

ElfPirate

Surprised that the archer got a good shot off, Ryx takes the arrow in the side with a grunt and stumbles back half a step. Gritting his teeth, the elf is ready to attack again, but the archer quickly goes down with crossbow bolt sticking out of his back. Ryx smiles and turns his head towards the archer to the south of him. The elven rogue quickly covers the distance, and attacks with his sinister dagger, organripper.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 33/41
    AC: 21 vs SK2, 19 vs all others

Move action: move 25' to AO14
    Standard action: attack with organripper

attack organripper: (1d20+10)[21]
    damage: (1d4+3)[7]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-05-07 at 02:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1489

”If you want me to provide range support, I need a range weapon..”

Quills right eye flexes a bit in irritation. Probably a side effect of the Starry Gnosis that clearly gives a man trouble thinking for himselff he thinks.

Still concentrating and not letting his illusions out of sight he addresses Halish indirectly.

"Feel free to charge to them. It seems range weapons are a weapon our antagonist most likely find no use of soon."

Spoiler
    Show
    trying to keep concentration up may want them to scout ahead in the tower.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen uses the line of illusions in front of her as cover. She advances on one of the enemies and when she is close enough, she unleashes her breath weapon since it is her only ranged weapon for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 41

BW Recharges (1d4)[1]
    Attack SK3 with BW
    Damage: (2d6)[12]
    DC Reflex 14 half

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, with a grim grin, he steps towards the nearest bow wielder, chain swinging in a deadly arc.
    "Enjoy the depths of the abyss, creature!" is all he says as he lashes out.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~43

Free action

5 foot step to AP-20 (I think)

Full round action
    1st attack SK-1 with spiked chain
    (1d20+11)[8](19)

Crit conf
    (1d20+11)[19](30)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[1][3](11)

2nd attack SK-4 with spiked chain
    (1d20+6)[12](18)

Crit conf
    (1d20+6)[2](8)

Damage
    (2d4+7)[4][4](15)

Effects~
    Draconic Aura - +1 to damage

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Ryxikor, Rayen, Savin, Axara, Enemies, Maesyn, Quill [action stopped here]

Ryxikor continues on his hitting spree. He moves next to SK2 and skewers him with his favorite weapon organripper.

Savin moves within striking distance of SK1 and using his spiked chain, send it back to the plane of shadow.

Rayen walks through one of Quill illusion and unleashes her acidic breath. The shadow plane creature is fast enough to only be burned by only half of the acid.

Axara walks pass the illusion and the shadar-kai, ready to flank him on the next round.

SK2 drops his bow, moves 5 feet away from Ryxikor, pull out his spiked chain and attacks Ryxikor. He fails to connect. SK3, drops his bow, pulls out his spiked chain and attack the dragon shaman. The attempt is so poor that it makes Axara laughs. “Are you even trying, you creep?

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 5 feet to hit the SK will create an AoO. Power of the spiked chain. Ask Savin!

Maesyn, feeling confident the situation is well under control, moves out of the guardhouse.

Quill stays concentrated to keep the illusion alive, ready to dispel it as soon as needed.

Halish looks at the accountant. ”With all due respect, Quillmeister but can you make up your mind? Do you want me to provide range support or melee support? Tactical Battle Awareness seems to be a subject you did not take in school..”

Quill shakes his head “Damn priest. Always know everything. At least Pairs is nice to look at. Very nice indeed. If you like freaky tall and big woman, that is.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    +1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura- must be within 30 feet of Rayen
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1493

ElfPirate

Laughing at his foe and his terrible defenses, Ryxikor moves and dances around the enemy with ease, slipping and dodging the spiked chain, and lunging with attacks of his own, with both rapier and organripper.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 21 vs SK2, 19 vs all others

free action: 5' step to AP14
    full round action: attack with rapier and organripper

attack organripper: (1d20+8)[28]
    damage: (1d4+3)[5]

attack rapier: (1d20+7)[22]
    damage rapier: (1d6+2)[5]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-05-09 at 02:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 16
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 3/4, 2 3/3; sorc: 0 2/3

Maesyn draws his crossbow and prepares to fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Ready an action: Fire crossbow as soon as any enemy is least 10 feet (2 squares) away from an ally, to avoid the -4 penalty for firing into melee.

Maesyn Silverhair

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen grits her teeth when SK3 seems to avoid most of her acid attack. She feels the breath weapon recharge and changes her expression to a smile. Just to be ready, she pulls her morning star loose before unleashing another blast of her breath weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 41
    Free: draw weapon

Attack SK3
    Damage: (2d6)[9]
    Reflex 14 half
    Recharges every round

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor pierces the heart of the Shakar-Kai in front of him with his organripper and his rapier, sending it back to the plane of shadows.

Rayen unleashes another acidic breath and the acid burns the Shadar-KAi to its death.

Axara looks at the shaman "Do you kiss people with that mouth of yours?" and a huge smile comes across her face.

Maesyn, lowers his crossbow as all the enemies have been dispatched.

Savin gives a nod to Ryxikor as the warrior appreciates a job well done.

Quill comes out of the guardhouse. "Halish stays there and watch if any reinforcement arrive. Keep the portcullis close. Silks, Breath, well done. Now, what is the plan now that we control the courtyard?"

Spoiler
    Show
    XP To come soon
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn stows his crossbow and moves toward the keep door. "Now, we go inside and investigate. Time is of the essence. The longer we take, the more Shadar-Kai we'll have to face."

Maesyn Silverhair

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Titan in the Playground

Savin smiles at the others as he watched them pull together to deal with a nasty situation.

"I agree. We should enter while we might have a chance of catching anyone off-guard, if they think we are either in combat, boxed in that room, or overcome."

29. - Top - End - #1499

ElfPirate

Ryxikor smiles as he withdraws his rapier and dagger from the crumbling body of the shadar kai. As he watches the body disappear, leaving the weapons and gear behind on this plane, Ryx thinks, Hmm, wish all died like that. Then I wouldn't have to search their bloody bodies. He cleans off his rapier and replaces it in his sheath as he looks to see what was left behind. His attention is quickly averted though as the others approach. The rogue gives a return nod to the other warrior, hoping the others realize the affectiveness of the mercenary out in the and able to flank the enemy. He turns to acknowledge the bard, and moves to the doors of the keep, still gripping organripper tightly.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 19

move action: 60' into the keep

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor collects the equipment with the efficiency of a mercenary who has done that task many times in his life. He finds 3 spiked chains, 3 MW studded leather armor, 3 short bows 85 arrows, one studded leather armor +1, one MW spiked chain and on MW Composite short bow (+2 STR). He pockets it all in his handy haversack

Spoiler
    Show
    Loot tread started. Feel free to claim anything you want

Maesyn and Saving urges the group to push forward and they enter the room were they dispatched Bestra, which Ryxikor doing his usual reconnaissance work. No trap or group of enemies was waiting for them.

They check the other rooms but it is only them in this part of the keep. Now the question for the group is: which one of the door to go through?
    Spoiler
    Show