New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27526768697071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #2281
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Finally, with his weapon on the ground, Ryx moves up to the guard and takes the potion. "We'll administer care, not you." Only holding organripper, Ryx is confident he is in no danger.

"I was serious, you've surrendered, your done fighting, take your armor off. Give us anything else you have. This is not up for debate, follow our rules of your surrender or die, I really don't care which you choose."

Ryx takes everything, he has gathered and puts it underneath the light (N16)

If the guard decides to not follow orders, and argues with Ryx, the elf balls up his fist and throws a quick right punch, aiming for the guy's nose.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 52/52
    AC: 21

Standard action (if needed): unarmed attack

attack: (1d20+9)[19] don't know if this is the correct bonus
    non lethal damage: (1d3)[2]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2014-01-14 at 05:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2282

"I would take it if I where you cultist. Some Purple Dragons follow these same codes..
    Your sure your no paladin Silks?"
    the gnome smiles.

"As your quite to willing to Smite"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

3. - Top - End - #2283
    Titan in the Playground

"No potion. Priestess, please see what you can do to help the fallen one. Maesyn, you are probably better at tying a knot then I am. Mind doing the honors?" Savin stands loose and ready to strike at the man if he makes a false move.

4. - Top - End - #2284
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm afraid I don't have much experience," Maesyn admits. "But I can give it a shot."

Spoiler
    Show
    (Take 10 on any relevant checks)

Maesyn Silverhair

5. - Top - End - #2285

With the rest of the party bussy Quill collects the weapons of the enemies.

6. - Top - End - #2286
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

As the ebon spur is about to pour the potion in the mouth of his dying friend against the group instruction, Ryxikor strikes him to stop him and tell him he means business. Instead of complying, the guard drops the potion, grabs the sword from his dying mate and gets up to strike. Ryxikor uses the opportunity to bury Ryxikor between the guard’s ribs. (<50%HP).

Savin recognizes the hostile acts and unleashes his ready action. His spiked chain bring the guard to the brink of death and Ryxikor strikes him in the heart with Organripper.

As he dies the guard whispers better dead …. Than facing Despayr

Axara looks at Ryxikor “I guess I was wrong. It is like in Calimport, roughing a client that paid for the normal routine but wants it rough. ”

She smiles and winks at the elf before adding while she looks at the guard“I guess he never had any intentions to surrender. He was hoping we would be naοve enough to let him heal his friends. He knew he had no chance alone and tried a trick hoping we would be stupid enough to fall for it. I guess death was a better choice for him than facing failure. You got to love the culture of perfection these Cyricists have. ”

She looks at the two other fallen enemies and adds “the other guards is still alive and has stopped bleeding. Same thing with the horned weirdo. They will be unconscious for a while but will recover. What do we do with them? ”

Spoiler
    Show

Axara spell: L0 6/6, L1 4/5 +0D, L2 2/5 +1D, L3 4/4 + 1D, L4 2/2 + 1D
    Turning attempts left: 5/5
    CLW Wand 1d8+3 – 34 charges left
    Ryxikor – Protection from Evil (+2 Ac +2 saves vs. evil) – 30 /70 left -
    Savin: -6 STR – STR is 10 (16) round 38/60
    Axara – Protection from Evil (+2 Ac +2 saves vs. evil) – 61 /70 left -
    Bless: +1 To attack rolls and saving throw vs fear: 60/70 left
    Ammunition:
    Axara: 0 bolts
    Maesyn 2 bolts
    Ryxikor: 1 arrow
    Last edited by achinca; 2014-01-15 at 01:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

7. - Top - End - #2287

ElfPirate

"Yeah, but unfortunetly some want you to pay more for the rough stuff." Ryx says with a smile.

"Take their armor off, quickly. They'll feel more vulnerable without it." the elf kicks his manacles, that were lying on the floor, over close to the warlock, "Definitely put those on him." Ryx looks to the second guard, "Do we keep both alive? If we do, we need to get his armor off also." he says, looking to Maesyn and Savin, "I have another set of manacles if we need them."

Ryx is sure to get all weapons, potions, anything else they have. After the others get the armor off, everything should be in a pile underneath the light in the room, and the enemy only with what they wore underneath their armor and boots. Ryx lets the captives know, they're lucky to get the boots.

8. - Top - End - #2288

"Gaging them, especially on the Warlock would be a good idea"

9. - Top - End - #2289
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed, we cannot kill them, as they are at our mercy. But we cannot leave them to recover and come after us, either. We'll have to bind them, then come back for them if we survive," Maesyn points out.

Maesyn Silverhair

10. - Top - End - #2290

ElfPirate

Ryx gets a second pair of manacles out of his backpack for the guard, and takes Quill's advice and gags the pair.

11. - Top - End - #2291
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara replies to Ryxikor "The rough stuff was never my specialty nor my preference ...." and winks at him.

The group takes the armor off the unconscious enemies as well as the dead one. They also take off weapons and anything that could be used against them.

Axara rips a piece of cloth from the dead guard and uses it as a make shift gag.

Ryxikor puts a set of manacles on each of the surviving enemies.

The inventory of the found items is as follow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 potions of CLW
    1 potion of CMW
    2 potions of invisibility
    2 breastplate (magical+1)
    2 MW bastard sword
    2 MW large steel shield
    2 light crossbow
    20 bolts
    1 black mithral chain shirt (magical +1)
    1 cloak (magical-resistance)
    1 MW heavy mace (shaped like a clawd demonic fist)

Axara watches the group "What next?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor – Protection from Evil (+2 Ac +2 saves vs. evil) – 10 /70 left -
    Savin: -6 STR – STR is 10 (16) round 58/60
    Axara – Protection from Evil (+2 Ac +2 saves vs. evil) – 41 /70 left -
    Bless: +1 To attack rolls and saving throw vs fear: 40/70 left
    Ammunition:
    Maesyn 2 bolts
    Ryxikor: 1 arrow
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #2292

"What about exploring the northern part of the room. It would be unfortunate if the neighbours come around."

13. - Top - End - #2293

ElfPirate

Listening to the gnome, Ryx starts investigating the entire room top the north, eventually ending at the door (C18). The elf listens to see if anything can be heard, then checks to see if its locked.

Spoiler
    Show

listen: (1d20+4)[8]

14. - Top - End - #2294
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor takes the potions of invisibility and does a swap of his magical mithral shirt for the black one the tiefling was wearing. Savin suggests someone put on the cloak. Axara protests “Since I cast detect magic, we all know this is a magical cloak but we do not know its abilities. It could be a magic that helps evil people and hurt good people. Also, I will take the healing potion for the party if healing is needed and I am out of spells. ”

Quill suggests that the group explores the north of the building. Ryxikor nods and goes up north. He passes through the kitchen Zatharmas came from. He sees sacks of flour, barrels of smoked or salted meat, crates of dried fruit, wheels of cheese, and two small casks of ale.

The two rooms on the right have not locked and these small chambers serve as sleeping quarters for the two Ebon Spur guards assigned to Zerharmas. They hold little other than bedrolls and clothing.

Ryxikor goes to the room in the north, listens and hears nothing. The door is not locked nor trapped and Ryxikor opens it. He finds that this old barracks has been refitted as a workshop, with a simple bedroll in one corner. An odd collection of tallow candles, bleached skulls and thick tomes covered in black leather litters the tabletops and shelves. The room is empty.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #2295

ElfPirate

The elven rogue searches the entire room. He lets Maesyn and Quill start with the books, while Ryx checks the bedroll and skulls.

"You know, we bypassed a couple other doors, we should check those out before we head down that path to see where it leads us." after fully checking this workshop, Ryx moves up the steps to the closed door (G12), and listens for anything on the other side.

Spoiler
    Show

search: (1d20+12)[29]
    listen: (1d20+4)[6]

16. - Top - End - #2296
    Titan in the Playground

As everyone moves about, Savin rewraps his chain and retrieves his spear, holding it at the ready.
    Taking out one of his water skins, he takes a swig, arms a bit shaky. He tries not to let the other see it, even though they know, as he washes his mouth out, spits, and then takes a drink.
    He nods to the others, letting them know he's ready even though his mind is filled with doubt.

17. - Top - End - #2297

Casting light on on of the smaller things found in the kitchen (a cup)

Quill searches the book case for what else books taking 20 (24)

spellcraft check: (1d20+13)[23]

"I don't think i am going to like this" the gnome mumbles "I prohibit to take necromancy and enchantment lectures. And as this belongs to Horn Blacky the Warlock... this rummage will not be productive will it?"

18. - Top - End - #2298
    Ogre in the Playground

"It pays to be thorough, especially since it seems unlikely that we'll maintain the element of surprise by being quick. Despayr is no doubt aware of our presence by now," Maesyn points out.

Maesyn Silverhair

19. - Top - End - #2299
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor proposes to check the doors in the east prior to following the path. He searches thoroughly the bedroll and the skulls. The skulls are just used as candle holders. It is a creepy decorating thing to do but there is no other meaning. However, well hidden under the bedroll, the elf finds a small iron coffer which is locked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Open Lock DC25 – Break DC 26

Quill and Maesyn decide to go through the books to see if they can find anything to help them going forward. They find 16 books strewn across the room. Each describes magic, the planes, or fiends but only a few are written by individuals with real knowledge of these topics. 3 of these books are-well illustrated and of decent scholarship.
    Appraise DC13
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well illustrated books would sell 45 GP retails and the rest 10 GP. Each weight 1 pound.

However, Quill finds something interesting as he shows it to Maesyn. It is the only book with Zatharmas’ notes in the margins.

The book is an untitled, slim, black leather volume of recent manufacture, detailing the nature of magic and the Weave. It briefly describes the history of Mystra from her death during the Time of Troubles, the ascension of the human named Midnight into the role of Mystra , and the appearance of the Shades and the revelation that a Shadow Weave exists. It then waxes eloquent about magic and the Weave in general noting that wild magic and dead magic zones arc still extant, years after the Time of Troubles.

Zatharmas' notes consist mainly of ironic asides and Insults to the author's scholarship and intelligence, but one note is different. After a passage that describes how dead magic stops all magic in an area and presumably also stops magic based on the Shadow Weave, Zetharmas has written a particularly long comment:

"You think so, don’t you? Won't you be surprised when it all unravels? Note to self: Discover how dead magic affects your powers. Ethar will no doubt be useless, Ask Despayr? His offer is tempting, but how would Cyric look upon it: Perhaps a consultation with the fiendish powers is in order.”

As the scholars decipher the hand writing on the book, Ryxikor then Axara feels that the magical protection that had has disappeared.
    On the positive side, Savin suddenly feels his strength returns. The curse of the kir-lanan has lifted naturally. The plainsman has recovered his natural strength level.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin regain +6 in STR. Ryxikor and Axara protection from evil spell expires. Bless spell expires.

Status and Effect
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ammunition:
    Maesyn 0 bolts
    Ryxikor: 0 arrow
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #2300

ElfPirate

The elf's eyebrows arch once he discovers the iron coffer. A smile plays across his face as he takes out his supple leather pouch containing his picks and tools. After checking for traps, and disarming any, Ryx tries to pick the lock on the coffer.

Spoiler
    Show

search for traps: (1d20+12)[13]
    disable device (if needed): (1d20+12)[14]
    open lock: (1d20+11)[31]

21. - Top - End - #2301

Seeing the sorry state the books are in the accounted demises any idea that the books are of any worth to be sold on the market.

As he goes over the books he stops at Zatharmas notes

"If I read this the Cyric worshippers allied with our foes because they wanted to use Dead Magic.
    No... wait are they trying to berev us from magic al together?"

22. - Top - End - #2302
    Titan in the Playground

Savin stands guard as the others go through what is found. He listens as they describe the contents of the book as he slowly feels his strength return.
    "I have never fought a wyrm. I do not look forward to it. May Tempus protect and strengthen us." he says somberly.

23. - Top - End - #2303
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor easily opens the iron lockbox and finds inside a small purse. Inside there is 14 PP, 120 GP and a beautiful emerald worth about 300 GP.

Quill judges the books to be worthless but is quite interested by Zatharmas’ notes. He shares them with Axara and the findings trouble the cleric. She turns white and starts thinking out loud. “So this is true. The Shadow Weave is real and powerful. And it does not suffer from dead magic spot. So the plan is to damage the Weave to hurt Mystra. What do they want? Replace the Weave by the Shadow Weave? Do they want to create a huge hole in the Weave that would be a dead magic place but the Shadow Magic would work? I that the plan? This would explain the use of shadow creatures in the plan. Knowing Shar feeling for Mystra and Cyric overall feeling for all the good deities, their association nearly make sense in that light. Cyric knows that weaking the Weave would help him with his goal of chaos and evil. What I still do not get is what role does a black dragon have to do with this? Black dragons are not creatures of the shadows. Why would a black dragon work with Sharrans and Cyricists to hurt the Weave? I have a feeling that something is different from this black dragon, the one they call Despayr.”

She breathes heavily “Now I understand the worry and the sense of urgency Tunaster and the elders in the Church of Mystra have tried to communicate to me. The Weave, the source of all magic and Mystra’s gift to the real is under attack.”

She looks at the rest of group “You might not have realized it but potentially, the future of the Weave and the Realms as we know is in our hands. We have found the goal, may be, unless the tiefling is hallucinating. It is possible the demon spawn was just crazy. However, I have this sense that the priests of Mystra have sense that something is not all right with the Weave. We need to find the how the Weave is damaged and stop it.”

Savin is fully aware of the danger facing them and is not looking forward fighting the black flying monster. He knows that the fight could easliy spell the end of his life or his friend lives.

Ryxikor nods and decides to go check the door to the west door, in the last building of the monastery that the group has not explored yet. Unlike the other buildings in the monastery, this large stone house seems to be in good shape. Two staircases lead from the chapel (south door) and the dormitory (east door where Ryxikor is) up to the priory to a pair of sturdy wooden doors. Lantern light spills out from narrow windows about 6 feet from the ground.

Ryxikor listens at the door but hears nothing. He finds the door locked from the inside. As he fiddles the door, he hears a voice from the

Status and Effect
    Spoiler
    Show

Ammunition:
    Maesyn 0 bolts
    Last edited by achinca; 2014-01-22 at 11:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #2304

With his interest of Architecture Quill catches on that the room they wish to enter is connected to an other room.

"Silks it might be an idea that when you finished to unlock the door where heading toward the other door and swarm our enemies."

"Wait I will conjure some help."

With two waves of his hand he created two purple dragon illusions one with a black brushing stash and an other with long blond hair.

the blond one picks out a mirror out of his pocket and starts to admire itself.

While the the other holds up the served head of the warlock.

"To substantially?" the illusionist asked looking at the manly illusion

Spoiler
    Show
    casting Silent Image + ghost sound

25. - Top - End - #2305

ElfPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's my post if Powers doesn't object. I have no problem with trying to talk to these cultists, but our character that is best suited for the dialogue is never here. So could you imagine how long this game would take if we talked out each encounter.

After watching Savin get prepared, the elf drinks another protection from evil potion, then Ryx pulls his picks back out, and works on the door, trying to unlock it.

Spoiler
    Show

open lock: (1d20+11)[22]

ooc: people, don't forget we got a few potions from Tunaster to help on the campaign

26. - Top - End - #2306
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborosi View Post
    "If I read this the Cyric worshippers allied with our foes because they wanted to use Dead Magic.
    No... wait are they trying to berev us from magic al together?"
    "More likely Shar wishes to assume control over magic on Faerun. That could make her the most powerful deity known. If she has created an alternative Weave, and she can entice magic-users to use it, then that alone would weaken Mystra and strengthen Shar.

"From a purely theoretical standpoint, I'd suggest that the scholar who wrote this tome was half-right. It's certainly possible that the Shadow Weave has holes, dead-magic zones... but considering Zatharmas' commentary, it's likely they do not correspond with dead-magic zones in the Weave. And since those are only common due to the Time of Troubles, it's likely that there are very few such holes in the Shadow Weave."

At the door, Maesyn catches Ryx's glance. "Go ahead," he shrugs. "I doubt knocking is going to produce useful results. Though if anyone has an idea of how to parlay with evil of this scale, I'm open to suggestions."
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2014-01-23 at 10:35 AM.

27. - Top - End - #2307
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara pulls out the wand of healing and using it 6 times, brings Savin and herself back to full health.

There is a little discussion between Maesyn and Quill trying to understand what the notes actually meant. Axara intervenes "I think we are at this point in a pure hypothesis zone. As you might recall, the existence of the Shadow Weave is considered a myth by a lot of people. So how is this Weave behaving is above our understanding at the moment. All I know is that my goddess is under attack and I will not stand idle."

Ryxikor and Maesyn discuss the idea of trying to fool the people inside the stone house but conclude that it is probably a waste of time.

The people inside the house yells again "WHO GOES THERE?" The answer they get is seeing two purple dragons appear at each window, each with a mane of a different color.

Ryxikor swallows a protection from evil potion before working on the lock.

Axara says "How many do you have left? And who will open the door. You have to bet that they are ready for us whoever is inside
    ."

Ryxikor hears the click of the lock finally giving to his superior thief skills.

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

CLW Wand 1d8+3 – 28 charges left
    Ryxikor – Protection from Evil (+2 Ac +2 saves vs. evil) – 69 /70 left -
    Ammunition:
    Maesyn 0 bolts
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #2308

ElfPirate

Ryx opens the door to reveal who is inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Need to know who is inside, before I can post a reaction for Ryx.

29. - Top - End - #2309

Quill readies his illusions to storm inside when Ryx opens the door.

With his magic missle wand in hand

30. - Top - End - #2310
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor opens the door and the two illusionary Purple Dragons enter the room accompanied by the sound of rushing men. On the other side of the room, the group sees that the foyer is comfortably appointed with wooden benches, a large carpet on the floor and a writing desk by the far wall. Two pale human warriors dressed in black armor stand watch here. Their surcoats are emblazoned with the emblem of a skull on a black sunburst. The group recognizes the uniform of an ebon spur. Both fires their crossbow at the incoming illusions.

One bolt goes right at the purple dragon head and just goes through. The guard thinks for a second before yelling IGNORE THE PURPLES, THEY ARE JUST ILLUSION” as he focuses on Ryxikor.

Initiative time

Status
    Spoiler
    Show

CLW Wand 1d8+3 – 28 charges left
    Ryxikor – Protection from Evil (+2 Ac +2 saves vs. evil) – 68 /70 left -
    Ammunition:
    Maesyn 0 bolts