New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1303
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

As a former subscriber, Preferred status will get you a fair bit of the important stuff. Like enough credit cap to buy the more important unlocks on GTN, Sprint, the ability to send private messages, and your quickbars.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'm I the only one that hears that name sung Bond-style in my head whenever reading that?
    Honestly the SCORPIO name makes me think of the guy from Just Cause 2. I should have named my Agent Bolo Santosi.

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    The SWTOR forums indicate it'll be a title - "Revan's Heir"; though could just be forum gossip though.
    Probably will be used about as much as I use the Founder title.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

I always use my class titles myself. When I'm a trooper, having a rank just 'fits'; and as my current Jedi I love being , Knight of the Republic.*

In unrelated news, I'm currently yelling at customer service. <x.x> I swear, given the ridiculous amount of cash I've spent in this game they could at least bother to read my ticket before tossing it in the bin. Ah well, hopefully I'll get it straightened around.

*Though I'd prefer the title be "Jedi Knight" to be honest. Or even just Jedi. I mean Smugglers and Troopers share "Captain" as a title, even if the context is different... so why do Consulars get Jedi, and Knights don't? Minor thing that's always bugged me.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    As a former subscriber, Preferred status will get you a fair bit of the important stuff. Like enough credit cap to buy the more important unlocks on GTN, Sprint, the ability to send private messages, and your quickbars.
    I logged on and I had all my quick bars for my established characters and 6 slots, which was entirely different than what I was expecting.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I logged on and I had all my quick bars for my established characters and 6 slots, which was entirely different than what I was expecting.
    Not ALL your quick bars, max is 6, pref only gets 4 without unlocks.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Six character slots, he means. I had forgotten that was also a thing!

Which is to say I forgot that F2P only gets two. lol, what is even the point of that a 100% freeper is just going to make multiple accounts anyway
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2013-07-08 at 01:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post

Probably will be used about as much as I use the Founder title.
    I love using the Founder title; it makes me feel very pretentious.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

Why would a 100% freeper make multiple accounts, character slot unlocks go for 50-100k on the GTN, that ought to be within their credit cap.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

That too. A noob who wants to try everything out will make more accounts, an experienced player...

...well, I guess those character slots are being bought, and Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows. *shrug*

Sith Warrior spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tivva: No women, no couples, and no, I don't want to hear any argument.
    Vette: Tivva?
    Female Sith Warrior: Hold on Vette, I want to explore this rule against women. I mean we're all open-minded here.
    Vette: Shut up. Please? Crazy Sith channel turned to mute?

Oh, Sith Warrior. Someone enjoyed writing you.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2013-07-08 at 07:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

Reminding the thread that today is the day you can pick up Revan's Heir for 10 coins.
    Swoop Falcon

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    That too. A noob who wants to try everything out will make more accounts, an experienced player...

...well, I guess those character slots are being bought, and Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows. *shrug*

Sith Warrior spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tivva: No women, no couples, and no, I don't want to hear any argument.
    Vette: Tivva?
    Female Sith Warrior: Hold on Vette, I want to explore this rule against women. I mean we're all open-minded here.
    Vette: Shut up. Please? Crazy Sith channel turned to mute?

Oh, Sith Warrior. Someone enjoyed writing you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's nothing. Male Sith Warrior's comment there when Vette is asked if she's looking for work; "I would look fantastic in your outfit. Ami I hired?" Female Sith might get it too, but it's funnier with the male.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I've been binging on SWTOR like crazy the last few days, and I'm now on the final Knight class mission.

Unfortunately due to my incredible aversion to spoilers, and the game being completely unwilling to give me a hint ahead of time... I've had to log out and wait for some crafting to complete so I can even stand a chance. See...

Spoiler
    Show
    Nobody told me the only companion I could have for this fight was T7; and as much as I like him, I liked Kira better, so I've used her pretty much exclusively since I got her. Meaning she has up to date gear and T7 is using stuff that was old at level 13.

I mean the reason why you have to use T7 is sound, I'm not questioning it from a story perspective or anything... but it's such a totally last-second thing, you find out about halfway through the mission! that I'm rather annoyed. On the upside, at least I had the materials to craft what I need, I'll probably have to spend a few minutes on the fleet tomorrow too to get a new weapon for him, but otherwise I should be gold in the morning. Just annoyed to have my climactic moment interrupted by undergearing. Oh well.

Then it'll be on to Makeb, and once I finish that well... we'll see, but probably going to hit my Bounty Hunter next. (While my Sith Marauder interests me greatly as well... I've had an awful lot of force shenanigans to put up with over the past few days... starting to want to just blast things.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1273

So, I've been binging on SWTOR like crazy the last few days, and I'm now on the final Knight class mission.

Unfortunately due to my incredible aversion to spoilers, and the game being completely unwilling to give me a hint ahead of time... I've had to log out and wait for some crafting to complete so I can even stand a chance. See...

Spoiler
    Show
    Nobody told me the only companion I could have for this fight was T7; and as much as I like him, I liked Kira better, so I've used her pretty much exclusively since I got her. Meaning she has up to date gear and T7 is using stuff that was old at level 13.

I mean the reason why you have to use T7 is sound, I'm not questioning it from a story perspective or anything... but it's such a totally last-second thing, you find out about halfway through the mission! that I'm rather annoyed. On the upside, at least I had the materials to craft what I need, I'll probably have to spend a few minutes on the fleet tomorrow too to get a new weapon for him, but otherwise I should be gold in the morning. Just annoyed to have my climactic moment interrupted by undergearing. Oh well.

Then it'll be on to Makeb, and once I finish that well... we'll see, but probably going to hit my Bounty Hunter next. (While my Sith Marauder interests me greatly as well... I've had an awful lot of force shenanigans to put up with over the past few days... starting to want to just blast things.
    Actually

Spoiler
    Show
    There's a hidden chest in the middle of the Dark Temple "atrium" in front of the big ugly Satanic-looking statue that has level 50 upgrades for T7. You have to do a puzzle on some pillars. There are six. They create a ray-traced-looking image on the Dark Temple "atrium" floor.

Answer is in spoiler below.

More detail on spoiler above
    Spoiler
    Show
    The answer is to create the Sith Empire emblem.

Alternatively, in previous quests on Corellia or other planets, you're given options for companion equipment, and those will have level-appropriate upgrades for droids. On Corellia, it's all level 48 or 50. You should also have a ton of planetary commendations and you can turn those into enhancements/mods/armor to plug into the slots in the droid armor. If you spent the PCs on other things, go run a few bonus missions or daily missions on Taris or Nar Shadda. You'll complete them in no time and you'll still get the same number of PCs that you would anywhere else.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

*facepalm* I really ought to start reading spoilers at least a little in advance I think... oh well, T7 will be well outfitted at any rate, so that's a plus.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1275

If it makes you feel better, I had someone explain that factoid to me like I was a mouth-breathing fool after I mentioned I was getting my butt kicked in guild chat, as though everyone in the world should know about that, even though there is no clue provided in the game whatsoever. "Well, like, didn't you read about it in the Bioware forums? Ermmahgosh, you're such a looser" is the actual quote, complete with the "like", the "ermmahgosh", and the "looser". I generally don't take things personally, but at that point, I wanted to meet this man-child in a parking lot.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Is part of it not glowy like every other clickable?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Colossus in the Playground

There's an obvious puzzle there, but there's no indication of what the puzzle will get you. And...without being spoilered, I would expect most people to think, "What, if I have to take T7 for this part I need to upgrade T7's gear, guess I'ma switching to my cybertech for a few hours!!" well before they got to the Dark Temple and saw the puzzle.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    There's an obvious puzzle there, but there's no indication of what the puzzle will get you. And...without being spoilered, I would expect most people to think, "What, if I have to take T7 for this part I need to upgrade T7's gear, guess I'ma switching to my cybertech for a few hours!!" well before they got to the Dark Temple and saw the puzzle.
    Exactly this pretty much.

I got to the part where you have to start using T7 and it was all "Oh, T7 has level 13 gear and is dying in every fight, and I'm nearly dying in every fight since I'm a squishy DPS Guardian and need a companion to deflect some attention, which T7 cannot adequately do at the moment..."

So I upgraded T7s gear, though thanks to GungHo I didn't have to go back to the fleet to get a new weapon, so that was a plus. Of course by the time I saw what GungHo had said the upgrades were finished/nearly so, so doing the puzzle was pretty much entirely for the gun at that point.

@GungHo - and that's really crap of whoever said that to you btw; I don't understand why people are like that at all.

Working on some fashion for my bounty hunter, may have some pictures soon depending.

*edit*

Adding some screenshots -

Spoiler
    Show

My Jedi Knight -

Was really happy to finally get her in a cutscene; it's hard as heck to get a screenshot like that as for some reason printscreen doesn't want to work during cutscenes for me about 90% of the time. I've taken to just spamming the button during them and hoping to get one picture out of the lot... usually it doesn't work but this time I got one.

My Bounty Hunter -

Mako -

Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2013-07-17 at 06:07 PM.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

Was really happy to finally get her in a cutscene; it's hard as heck to get a screenshot like that as for some reason printscreen doesn't want to work during cutscenes for me about 90% of the time. I've taken to just spamming the button during them and hoping to get one picture out of the lot... usually it doesn't work but this time I got one.
    I'm more surprised that it did work that one time. Generally you use a third-party machinima application, like Fraps.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2013-07-17 at 08:52 PM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Banned

If it makes you feel better, I had someone explain that factoid to me like I was a mouth-breathing fool after I mentioned I was getting my butt kicked in guild chat, as though everyone in the world should know about that, even though there is no clue provided in the game whatsoever. "Well, like, didn't you read about it in the Bioware forums? Ermmahgosh, you're such a looser" is the actual quote, complete with the "like", the "ermmahgosh", and the "looser". I generally don't take things personally, but at that point, I wanted to meet this man-child in a parking lot.
    I think that I would just assume anyone who said that was kidding. There's no way anyone besides a pre-teen girl can type "ermmahgosh" and be serious.

21. - Top - End - #1281

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Is part of it not glowy like every other clickable?
    Not until it's been "exposed". It's hidden. However, from certain angles, the object which hides the chest (an altar-like table thingy) disappears due to graphical glitches, and so you know something is there, but you have no idea how to get it. If you just swing your mouse over the altar, IIRC, you do not get a mouseover context clue like you might on another object that isn't clickable for you but is a non-background object (like you might if you moused over a crystal formation and you're not a archaeologist).

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I think that I would just assume anyone who said that was kidding. There's no way anyone besides a pre-teen girl can type "ermmahgosh" and be serious.
    No, things pretty much escalated from there. He may have used sarcastic words in the beginning, but he stuck firmly to his guns and continued to call me an idiot for not reading the Bioware forums and/or intuiting the chest was there.
    Last edited by GungHo; 2013-07-18 at 08:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

:edit: post no longer relevant, I managed to get me the crystal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bit of a longshot here, but are any of you guys rich and on The Shadowlands? I spent the majority of my credits on stuff yesterday after deciding that waiting around for a white hawkeye crystal (not the white/black ones, plain old vanilla white) wasn't getting me anywhere, and shortly after that, a pair of them showed up on the GTN. So now I'm grinding the heck out of dailies trying to get 4.5mil together before the GTN listing expires, and I'm not sure I'm gonna make it.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2013-07-19 at 10:57 AM.
    Swoop Falcon

23. - Top - End - #1283

Sorry... all my folks are on Beregren Colony.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

Delicious. Now it's time to take a bit of a break, because if there's one thing that can kill one's desire to play a game, it's grinding out the dailies/weeklies on as many alts as you can to fill your wallet up.
    Swoop Falcon

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Banned

Not until it's been "exposed". It's hidden. However, from certain angles, the object which hides the chest (an altar-like table thingy) disappears due to graphical glitches, and so you know something is there, but you have no idea how to get it. If you just swing your mouse over the altar, IIRC, you do not get a mouseover context clue like you might on another object that isn't clickable for you but is a non-background object (like you might if you moused over a crystal formation and you're not a archaeologist).

No, things pretty much escalated from there. He may have used sarcastic words in the beginning, but he stuck firmly to his guns and continued to call me an idiot for not reading the Bioware forums and/or intuiting the chest was there.
    Well, look at the bright side. You don't want to associate with that type of person anyway, so it's best when they out themselves.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Troll in the Playground

Gree event is back, and this time it's scaled to level 55, including the drops from Xenoanalyst II
    Swoop Falcon

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm curious - I've never run the Gree Event before (I was taking a break the last time it was around); but I've seen the Gray Helix lightsaber and would really like one for my Knight...

Problem is, everything I'm reading online makes it sound like I have to group up if I want to get the Gray Helix components. Is that true? Or is it just longer and slower to do it solo? Cause I'm OK with longer and slower, but I'm not going to worry with it at all if I'd have to group up.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Helix Components come from the following places:

1) The [HEROIC] mission
    2) A one-time mission you pick up inside the Grey Secant
    3) Xenoanalyst II

So yeah, you basically have to group up. Not sure how soloable the heroic is.
    Swoop Falcon

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well, no Gray Helix saber for me I guess. < . .>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Grey Helix Components come from the following places:

1) The [HEROIC] mission
    2) A one-time mission you pick up inside the Grey Secant
    3) Xenoanalyst II

So yeah, you basically have to group up. Not sure how soloable the heroic is.
    I've soloed the heroic a few times, in the contested area where it's weaker. It's a long, annoying slog, but it's doable.