New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Unsounded, quite possibly the (2nd) best webcomic I have seen.

I can imagine Winailis taking notes. "Need better waterproof enchantments..."
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looking at the position of Mattys foot he's totally going to step on the eye and it sounds like he's had the talk himself about biting policemen.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

It was posted on Patreon, so I really don't think it should be posted like that, unless Ashley made it publicly available somehow.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It was posted on Patreon, so I really don't think it should be posted like that, unless Ashley made it publicly available somehow.
    Yeah, I guess you're right. I just wanted to share that excerpt

Oh well.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

I can't entirely blame Quigley for how he's acting. He's an ass, sure, but Duane's existence does fly in the face of everything Kassalynians know about how their world works. If we met a person appearing to be a walking corpse here in the real world, we wouldn't be so eager to accept it at face value, either - except we'd be hard-pressed to explain it differently, while Quigley can just assume Duane is a construct.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1266

MindFlayer

I can't entirely blame Quigley for how he's acting. He's an ass, sure, but Duane's existence does fly in the face of everything Kassalynians know about how their world works. If we met a person appearing to be a walking corpse here in the real world, we wouldn't be so eager to accept it at face value, either - except we'd be hard-pressed to explain it differently, while Quigley can just assume Duane is a construct.
    Quigley is also very right in having witnessed Duane being controlled and made to attack Toma, proving that Duane can be manipulated by magic in a way that humans can't (at least as far as we've seen) and is potentially dangerous to the people around him. So that's fair.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

What you guys say makes sense. However didn't they just witnessed giant tentacle monster made from pain of dead people?

How is highly sofisticated plod/lich, that much difficult than harvesting painful memories into a walking nuke, made of pain.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-04-22 at 11:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1268

I think the problem is the I'm alive and a true soul part. If I met a talking car I would find it difficult to believe it's a person.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    How is highly sofisticated plod/lich, that much difficult than harvesting painful memories into a walking nuke, made of pain.
    I can think of numerous reasons that could apply in this case. The fight or flight instinct would make it hard to be denial of something huge that would kill you, but Duane isn't as obvious of a threat. Quigley can think of alternate explanations for Duane that he prefers and that make more sense to him, but what would be a better explanation for the monster? The monster was killing lots of people, so issues of pride wouldn't have come up; With Duane, things were personal. Duane prevented Quigley from investigating him; Quigley could investigate the monster and could see how it worked.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I think the problem is the I'm alive and a true soul part. If I met a talking car I would find it difficult to believe it's a person.
    If talking car was followed by an angry people eating bus, I'd be more inclined to believe the talking car.

@eschmenk: Everything you said makes sense. It makes sense Quigley said the things he said. And that Duane did things/say he did. I'm noting that Quigley's mind is a lot more conservative than I expected, which is somewhat justifiable in that he did most of his time hunting people, unlike his wife that dreamed of what's possible. Perhaps if Quigley realizes Duane is another BT creation he'll be more inclined to believe him.

Although Duane shouldn't speak about titty-bird. No one but Sette (and Deliceu) would believe him.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-04-22 at 12:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Perhaps if Quigley realizes Duane is another BT creation he'll be more inclined to believe him.
    Yeah, a meta reason for Quigley to loudly disbelieve Duane could be to provide a plot hook for someone to brag about Duane's creation. Given that Quigley expects Duane to pretend to be human, he's interpreting anything Duane as part of that pretense and Duane only knows so much anyway, but there happens to be someone nearby who would be tempted to brag and clarify matters for Quigley and provide some exposition for the readers. I think that might happen. I don't know when, though. Quigley is heading somewhere (toward the entrance to the cave?) and Duane is changing the subject.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-04-22 at 01:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Although Duane shouldn't speak about titty-bird. No one but Sette (and Deliceu) would believe him.
    The other black tongues would as well, considering their organization is named after her. Rahm had stained glass windows of it somewhere in the house, too.
    Awesome Edward Elric avatar by gurgleflep!
    Let's Watch Steins;Gate!

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    The other black tongues would as well, considering their organization is named after her. Rahm had stained glass windows of it somewhere in the house, too.
    Depends how much they believe and nature of belief in actual Lady Black tongue. If you approached a random Christian, and said you made out with their God last night, they wouldn't really think you are sane, would they?

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

The First Silver weapon was entirely honest about its purpose and intention - a monstrosity fuelled by pain, using methods unknown to human spellwrights. Duane, meanwhile, claims to be a man despite - as far as Quigley knows - simply being a deluded, sophisticated construct. Not really equivalent.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

If talking car was followed by an angry people eating bus, I'd be more inclined to believe the talking car.

@eschmenk: Everything you said makes sense. It makes sense Quigley said the things he said. And that Duane did things/say he did. I'm noting that Quigley's mind is a lot more conservative than I expected, which is somewhat justifiable in that he did most of his time hunting people, unlike his wife that dreamed of what's possible. Perhaps if Quigley realizes Duane is another BT creation he'll be more inclined to believe him.

I don't think Quigley has a conservative mindset, he just knows too much about the process. He rides Uiad by sitting in his brain and moving a few levers, that gives him a bit of a different viewpoint. Uaid has a mind of his own, and has relationships to Matty and Quigly, but still is just a construct. And there are some really impressive constructs out there, like the ghost boy. Since Quigley hasn't known Duane before his death or was with him in the Khert he has no evidence that someone indeed managed to bring someone back from the death, or at least keep his soul together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    And there are some really impressive constructs out there, like the ghost boy.
    I think Timofey is an actual ghost. He might be some sort of combination of ghosts, but I don't think he is a physical construct at all.

I also think that Quigley does have a fairly conservative mindset. He's willing to believe what others tell him, but only if he trusts them or they have evidence, and he seems to start out with a dubious attitude each time.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic

Duane Adelier. Alderode's undoubting son, best wright in centuries, lich and a master troll.

Him and Quigley will get along like cats and dogs.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-04-25 at 12:13 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    I think Timofey is an actual ghost. He might be some sort of combination of ghosts, but I don't think he is a physical construct at all.
    Or, he might be a practice toy. He is Winallis creation, Timmy might be his first attempt at dabbling in resurrecting people.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

Good show, Duane. It won't change Quigley's attitude, but it certainly is entertaining.

In other news, a Duane vs. Quigley rap battle.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Or, he might be a practice toy. He is Winallis creation, Timmy might be his first attempt at dabbling in resurrecting people.
    IDK. This page makes him seem like a normal ghost. I think that Winalils at least did something to keep the Khert from reclaiming Timofey, though. Did Ashley say that there was more to it?

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway in case someone missed it, there is a picture I previously posted in part on Unsounded tumblr.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Duane was always overly dramatic, whether alive or dead.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

It's... it's so beautiful.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Bugbear in the Playground

Damn, I love him when he is in a good mood.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

New Comic.

I guess Quigs is jealous.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Oh right, I think he was also jealous of that guy lifting his wife.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Oh right, I think he was also jealous of that guy lifting his wife.
    Well, Quigs doubts he is a good father to Matty. I remember him having nightmares about his wife telling him, he isn't right for Matty, that he didn't love him or her so that's why he stood away far from home. It's why he wanted to leave Matty with a fellow Black Tongue. Plus he seems like he has a death wish, while hating his short lifespan.

Plats are supposed to be in tune with Khert. They are naturally good at it. Seeing Duane wipe floor with him, is a blow to his ego.

On the plus side, Matty will get a kick-ass pymary teachers.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quigley has always been resentful and even his wife seemed to be better than him.

Meanwhile, so far Duane isn't exactly helping to convince Quigley that Duane is still a rational human being and not some sort of malfunctioning construct by going all giddy like that.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Ceiling Winallis is watching you socialize.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Winalils doesn't seem too happy about what's going on. I wonder why.

Also, Quigley's parting line about "death's door swinging only in one direction" gives a bit of an extra dimension to his grouchiness. Maybe he doesn't want Matty to start hoping his mother can be brought back.
    Last edited by Morty; 2016-04-29 at 04:02 AM.