New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXVIII: Nopony Expects Sponish Pinquisition!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkReaper1382 View Post

6)And lastly, I need ideas for characters in my fanfic so if you could send me a name, quick description, picture if possible, and what side you would like them to be on Sith, Jedi, Bounty hunter, Outer rim gang, or Freelancer
    Any ideas would be great thanks a lot!
    Get me a darkish black-purple Sith pegusi with a fondness of whiping up hostile storm clouds in places that they normaly could never be made in, such as, say, a hallway. May or may not be able to completely cover himself in the clouds while flying with force lighting contrails. Names Rasil.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-02-18 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Phew. And we're done with the panto for another year... The Saturday is always the most draining day (two performances, which is why I've been more quiet than usual on all fronts). Rousing success as always.

Especially this year's shocking twist - the witches' henchman, evil tax collector Clump (i.e. me, unusually enough not being the main bad guy for once ) turned out to be - *gasp* - the good Prince, ensorcelled! (That's a first in twenty-one years...!1)

And I have recieved my customary reward of Chocolate.

So now I can collapse in a drained stupor (because Undead are not completely immune to mental exhasution!) and go and watch Pony.

Responces and reactions later...

1While I haven't played the villain in all those years - since I started at eleven - in the years before I took that role, I tended to play supporting cast or neutrals - I've never been a proper good guy before! Stretching my boundaries clearly...!

(Oh, and it was Hansel and Gretel, before you ask, so no, there wasn't any shipping involved; I remind you there people know me all too welll!)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-02-18 at 05:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    ...bonks Hopereaver in her dome and sets her right...
    Not saying anything. Just felt like quoting that out of context.

Pony tax:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Second, I like the perspective, but it's really hard to imagine this in Derpy's voice. It's too... well-spoken, I suppose. It also, for some reason, reminded me of John Coffey from the Green Mile (the movie, at least, haven't read the novel), or Lennie from Of Mice and Men. Maybe that is why I can't imagine it in Derpy's voice, because that's not quite how I imagine Derpy. Would probably take a lot of time and effort to change this, so I'm just noting it because it was a constant thought while reading that something was off about it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is impossible to write an entire story like this in Derpy's canon voice, so I opted to not even try.

Thanks everypony for the assist, I'll give it an editing pass after I get back from work today.

New Episode, speculation!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, suddenly I think this explains Pinkie Sense!

Pinkie's Pinkie Sense is based on a Sherlock Holmesian level of memory, attention to details and deductive power, only unlike him Pinkie's is subconscious. Everywhere she goes she picks up on everything, every little detail, and her mind just subconsciously chugs away creating connections between it all. And when all these connections lead to some realization, her tail twitches or something else. She can predict the future simply through brain power, and it's a good enough prediction that it's usually true.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're right, actually. Huh. Pinkie has really high Intelligence (mental power) and relatively low Wits (mental finesse). This is consistent across past experience and has me thinking about really intelligent characters in a remarkably new way. Thank you for pointing this out!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I ... um ... I ...

I'll get back to you on this one, I have to think about it.
    If you're wondering why you value thinking, thinking isn't going to give you the answer. A system can't comprehend it's own limits. You've got to experience not thinking. Go for a run around the block, focus on action/reaction. Let your body and not your mind give you the answer.

Episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slick episode. Even though I'm still not a fan of Pinkie Pie, this was a good execution. I was going to get all deep on you all, but I'll instead focus on the reality

- I'm still listening to the song on repeat
    - I'm still smiling.

I think that's my review.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-02-18 at 05:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Ponythread:

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that one of our members recently lost a treasured family member.

RoninHiroX recently lost his mother. I ask that the entirety of the ponythread keep him in their thoughts and hearts, and that those inclined too pray for him.

Thank you.
    I'm sorry to hear this, Ronin. I'll definitely be thinking of you and your family in the days to come.

Spoiler
    Show

Pinkie's Pinkie Sense is based on a Sherlock Holmesian level of memory, attention to details and deductive power, only unlike him Pinkie's is subconscious. Everywhere she goes she picks up on everything, every little detail, and her mind just subconsciously chugs away creating connections between it all. And when all these connections lead to some realization, her tail twitches or something else. She can predict the future simply through brain power, and it's a good enough prediction that it's usually true.
    This is actually a pretty good theory...I think I'm gonna call this my fanon until something challenges it!

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    are these things made to order, or is the pony fandom just that prolific?
    The second one

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Agreed. I don't mind additional submissions to the name-pool, but let the thread decide.
    Yeah, it did kind of come out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Phew. And we're done with the panto for another year... The Saturday is always the most draining day (two performances, which is why I've been more quiet than usual on all fronts). Rousing success as always.

Especially this year's shocking twist - the witches' henchman, evil tax collector Clump (i.e. me, unusually enough not being the main bad guy for once ) turned out to be - *gasp* - the good Prince, ensorcelled! (That's a first in twenty-one years...!1)

And I have recieved my customary reward of Chocolate.

So now I can collapse in a drained stupor (because Undead are not completely immune to mental exhasution!) and go and watch Pony.

Responces and reactions later...

1While I haven't played the villain in all those years - since I started at eleven - in the years before I took that role, I tended to play supporting cast or neutrals - I've never been a proper good guy before! Stretching my boundaries clearly...!

(Oh, and it was Hansel and Gretel, before you ask, so no, there wasn't any shipping involved; I remind you there people know me all too welll!)
    Congratulations! A part of me kind of wonders what the whole thing was like, but unless someone Youtubed it, I suppose I won't ever know...

New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personally, I really enjoyed this one! The song was of course a lot of fun, and the feel of it being a large-scale musical number was nice.

Did anyone else notice that there was quite a bit of Lyra and Bon Bon togetherness in the background of the song?

Cranky Doodle...heh, nice one

Pinkie's brain being felt board really kind of explains a lot

CDD is growing on me, and definitely reminding me of Up <.<

I'm enjoying that they're bringing back/fleshing out the presence of other quadrupeds in Equestria. I remember that was a big topic for discussion during the first season and over the summer.

"Let's be Wagon Buddies!"

So many Pinkie songs!

Hmm, the "stomping the toupee" gag; that one's a classic, aye

Derpy's flying in the snowglobe! I love the animators!

Dash is reading! Hmm, TwiDash fuel for the shippers? Loving the continuity in any case!

Pinkie, where did you get those extra hooves?

The B&W Gala scene is kind of sweet, and in some ways this episode feels more romantic than Hearts and Hooves. Kind of ironic, really.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2012-02-18 at 06:14 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I like that theory. Someone contact Twilight, quickly! She'll want to know so that we can subject it to empirical testing. Get the hidden cameras set up throughout all of Ponyville, that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

New Ep Speculation Not-Quite-Spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show

I like this theory. Pinkie Pie just has a massive level of spatial awareness and attention to detail. She's aware of everything going on around her even if she isn't consciously aware of it. Then the tail twitches and eye flutters are just a result of her brain firing off almost random signals caused by the increased mental activity.

...Does this mean that Pinkie has access to a larger portion of her brain than most ponies?

Spoiler
    Show
    YAY!
    That is one of my favorite bits of personal headcanon and I cannot express how happy I am to see it spread.
    The best part is how it explains so much Pinkie does even from the very first episode of the first season.
    Her incredibly fast, but still reasonable if you follow them trains of thoughts, why she can pull a the correct book and page with a needed spell just by having seeing it for a second as it fell on her, her apparent hyperness as the world moves to slowly for her head.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is impossible to write an entire story like this in Derpy's canon voice, so I opted to not even try.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Won't argue with that. Derpy is hard enough in general, in first-person it's no doubt worse. That said, I think my problem here is more the association I get with other characters from other stories, which is probably just me. Perhaps it's the many "ma'am"s in particular

Spoiler
    Show
    You're right, actually. Huh. Pinkie has really high Intelligence (mental power) and relatively low Wits (mental finesse). This is consistent across past experience and has me thinking about really intelligent characters in a remarkably new way. Thank you for pointing this out!
    You're welcome :)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

...since when does Hansel and Gretel have a prince and an evil tax collector? xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    YAY!
    That is one of my favorite bits of personal headcanon and I cannot express how happy I am to see it spread.
    The best part is how it explains so much Pinkie does even from the very first episode of the first season.
    Her incredibly fast, but still reasonable if you follow them trains of thoughts, why she can pull a the correct book and page with a needed spell just by having seeing it for a second as it fell on her, the her apparent hyperness as the world moves to slowly for her head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Makes me wonder if the Rainboom would simply be a trigger or the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...since when does Hansel and Gretel have a prince and an evil tax collector? xD
    Its the Speilburg version.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-02-18 at 06:18 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

New Episode reactions:

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was jolly. Not one of the best episodes, but not a bad one nontheless. Not much to say, other that it's interesting to see donkeys and cows again. Good song.

Yay, Zecora cameo.

Derpy in the snow-globe...? Why I am not surprised...?

Ha, RD has fallen right into this reading lark, ain't she?

And there are going to be so many new Pinkie emotes, aren't there...?

Right, thread catch-up time...

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slick episode. Even though I'm still not a fan of Pinkie Pie, this was a good execution. I was going to get all deep on you all, but I'll instead focus on the reality

- I'm still listening to the song on repeat
    - I'm still smiling.

I think that's my review.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

I've been listening to that song for about 5-5.5 hours now. It still isn't getting old, and is still making me stupidly happy. I'm not sure if it's because Pinkie is my favourite pony and it's awesome to have an entire song devoted to why she's my favourite or if it's the upbeat tempo of the song or what it is, but the song is seriously serving it's purpose of making me smile. Daniel Ingram is a freaking genius and this is now my favourite song. Such happy visuals too, with all the ponies bouncing along the rooftops and especially the "Happy friends of mine" chorus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Won't argue with that. Derpy is hard enough in general, in first-person it's no doubt worse. That said, I think my problem here is more the association I get with other characters from other stories, which is probably just me. Perhaps it's the many "ma'am"s in particular
    Thanqol's Story
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd just like to say that personally I loved the constant "ma'am"s. I was picturing Derpy actually doing that and it made me chuckle, made the entire story seem a lot lighter than it would be otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    YAY!
    Her incredibly fast, but still reasonable if you follow them trains of thoughts, why she can pull a the correct book and page with a needed spell just by having seeing it for a second as it fell on her, her apparent hyperness as the world moves to slowly for her head.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

Huh. I had forgotten about the parts with the books and spells. You worked out some really good headcanon with so little to go on there. So Pinkie's clearly a high Wis low Int character. She picks up on every little detail but has a hard time interpreting it all properly. (IE Cranky just wants to be left alone, it's NOT time to play with the babies, Rainbow Dash clearly doesn't want to hear about the awesome cider, etc)

And finally...
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler
    Show

[/color]
    Derpception?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

And finally...
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

[/color]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Derpception?
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP

And a quick Google search reveals:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-02-18 at 06:45 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    DEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP

And a quick Google search reveals:

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, I really miss the Roamin' Rarity meme
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by People View Post
    Derpception
    We must go derper.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

We must go derper.
    I bestow upon your one Derpy Point.

Spoiler
    Show

Treasure it. And please, keep a total.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-02-18 at 07:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

First of all, I saw the post this morning, but with all the kerfuffle, I wanted to leave until I was awake and of clear-mind before responding.

RoninHiroX, let me offer my deepest condolences for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers already.

New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think perhaps my less-rousing-than-everyone else's commendations might perhaps stem somewhat from exhaustion, as everyone raised points I'd forgotten by the time I came to post. Pinkie's felt-animation thoughts, for example.

I'm still going with Pinkie just being psionic. Total recall and enhanced perception are just part of the package...

Or he finds the outdated video software and well-spliced clips with smarmy sound that look like someone on his ship was making an AMV of himself and Lic being all relationship-y, before he hillariously bonks Hopereaver in her dome and sets her right. Then he could show you the fancy hologram of himself being cute wih Lix without either of the. Actually having done so.

Course, then Hopereaver is gonna get mad at her crewmen for setting her up like that. I mean, Hopereaver herself being a 'shipper? Long odds, amirite?
    Hopereaver, if this pans out, tomorrow, I am going to hurt you in ways you cannot concieve. If I were you, I would spend the grace period of tonight ensuring that it does not.

*gulp* Getting right on that chief!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Because it is written by people who have met me, and conspired with me1 in writing some of the scripts when my family took over running the panto seven or so years ago. (My sister directed this year, taking over from Mum, who has directed in since.) And thus, basic things like plot-holes are addressed...

I didn't have a hand in writing it this time (I haven't for a year or three now), but the chap that does thinks in slightly similar lines...

Stripped of the humour, the basic plot was actually quite clever. The evil witch wanted a child for the feast (because this is a children's show based on a fairy tale, and thus requires some requiste implied nastiness, because kids eat that stuff up!) So, she basically mind-controlled the Prince and had him "move away." The pivotal part of her plan was an enchantment that fogged everyone's memories (starting with the forest she lived in, even affecting the local fairy druid2 and her animal companions, and spreading out, so that no-one could clearly remember what life had been like before she came to the village. She married into the family of Sam Woodman (Hansel and Gretel's father), rather suddenly. She then sent "Clump" (the Prince) around as the tax-collector, with ever-increasing amount of rent. (Up 15% over the course of the panto itself.) Using this position, she was to instigate a scheme whereby the "prince" (through Clump) would allow the villagers to send their children into the forest in lieu of paying the ever-increasing and exorbitant rent (where, of course, she could capture them).

She used her position in Sam Woodman's family (with him wrapped around her little finger, him being of a Fluttershy-ish sort of nature, as it were) to try to cajoule the poor fellow into sending Hansel and Gretel off into the woods (as she'd already spent all his money, leaving him very poor, and by far the worst off in the village.) (Tacicitly, this was helped by more magic, as well, clouding his normal parental judgement.) He resisted until the very last straw, when (co-incidentally) officials came around, to demolish the village to make way for a new bypass (and it turned out Sam's cottage was he only one that was actually not a business, historical monument or subject to other legislation). And at this point, of course, Hansel and Gretel encounter the witch in her other disguise, and were nearly eaten, save for the local fairy druid showing up to distract the witch long enough for her mask - which held all her power - to be destroyed in her oven, thus breaking all her spells and freeing every one's memories.

That is the basic plot, leaving aside all the jokes. As you can see, it's actually practically worthy as a quest plot-line with only minor modifications! We take our panto plot-cohesion quite seriously!

Even if absolutely nothing else...

So, sometime after the weekend, I may even have scraped together enough cogniscent function to resume more normal operations, and deal with all the things I've left hanging (i.e. Prince's lichification, retribution on Kyouhen etc etc etc).

1Okay, I didn't write much for the panto, though for a year or two I did write a good couple of my own scenes and lines, and the occasional pun-laden minor scene as well...!

2Spellcaster, lives in a forest, talks to animals, has five animal companions; totally a druid.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-02-18 at 07:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode Thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    This episode should have been about Pinkie Pie's adventure with Cranky Doodle in his flying balloon house as a promise to his long lost somepony. As they do battle with an old explorer pony leading an army of Diamond Dogs in fighter planes.

Spoiler
    Show

I know you're an apple farmer and you've been invalided home from Appaloosa. I know you've got a brother who's worried about you, but you won't go to him for help because you don't approve of him—possibly because he's an alcoholic, more likely because he recently walked out on his special somepony. And I know that your therapist thinks your limp's psychosomatic, quite correctly I'm afraid. That's enough to be going on with, don't you think?

The name's Pinkie Pie and the address is Sugarcube Corner Baker Street.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2012-02-18 at 07:37 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Because it is written by people who have met me, and conspired with me1 in writing some of the scripts when my family took over running the panto seven or so years ago. (My sister directed this year, taking over from Mum, who has directed in since.) And thus, basic things like plot-holes are addressed...

I didn't have a hand in writing it this time (I haven't for a year or three now), but the chap that does thinks in slightly similar lines...

Stripped of the humour, the basic plot was actually quite clever. The evil witch wanted a child for the feast (because this is a children's show based on a fairy tale, and thus requires some requiste implied nastiness, because kids eat that stuff up!) So, she basically mind-controlled the Prince and had him "move away." The pivotal part of her plan was an enchantment that fogged everyone's memories (starting with the forest she lived in, even affecting the local fairy druid2 and her animal companions, and spreading out, so that no-one could clearly remember what life had been like before she came to the village. She married into the family of Sam Woodman (Hansel and Gretel's father), rather suddenly. She then sent "Clump" (the Prince) around as the tax-collector, with ever-increasing amount of rent. (Up 15% over the course of the panto itself.) Using this position, she was to instigate a scheme whereby the "prince" (through Clump) would allow the villagers to send their children into the forest in lieu of paying the ever-increasing and exorbitant rent (where, of course, she could capture them).

She used her position in Sam Woodman's family (with him wrapped around her little finger, him being of a Fluttershy-ish sort of nature, as it were) to try to cajoule the poor fellow into sending Hansel and Gretel off into the woods (as she'd already spent all his money, leaving him very poor, and by far the worst off in the village.) (Tacicitly, this was helped by more magic, as well, clouding his normal parental judgement.) He resisted until the very last straw, when (co-incidentally) officials came around, to demolish the village to make way for a new bypass (and it turned out Sam's cottage was he only one that was actually not a business, historical monument or subject to other legislation). And at this point, of course, Hansel and Gretel encounter the witch in her other disguise, and were nearly eaten, save for the local fairy druid showing up to distract the witch long enough for her mask - which held all her power - to be destroyed in her oven, thus breaking all her spells and freeing every one's memories.

That is the basic plot, leaving aside all the jokes. As you can see, it's actually practically worthy as a quest plot-line with only minor modifications! We take our panto plot-cohesion quite seriously!

Even if absolutely nothing else...

So, sometime after the weekend, I may even have scraped together enough cogniscent function to resume more normal operations, and deal with all the things I've left hanging (i.e. Prince's lichification, retribution on Kyouhen etc etc etc).

1Okay, I didn't write much for the panto, though for a year or two I did write a good couple of my own scenes and lines, and the occasional pun-laden minor scene as well...!

2Spellcaster, lives in a forest, talks to animals, has five animal companions; totally a druid.
    That's actually a pretty interesting and overly complicated story. I remember the good old days when witches were evil because they were jerks and they sat around waiting for idiots to wander into their houses. Things were so much simpler back then.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Heh, I really miss the Roamin' Rarity meme
    It was pretty funny. I have some backgrounds with Roamin' Rarity.

22. - Top - End - #172

Re: Pinkie's Int and Wis
    Spoiler
    Show
    perceptiveness in a social sense, like with the baby Cakes or Cranky would probably be within the domain of Wisdom. The ability to absorb new information quickly would fall under Intelligence, with Wisdom informing what exactly to do with divining the meaning of that information, which is where she usually fails. For example, Pinkie's misunderstanding her friends' intent in Party of One is probably a series of failed Sense Motive(Wis) checks against her friends' Bluff checks. Pinkie most likely has great perceptive abilities because of skill ranks, rather than ability bonuses. A relatively high Int (and the bard class, incidentally) would give her the bonus skill points to spread around to perceptive skills as well as Craft: party or Perform: cartoon buffoonery

And I'm ninja'd five times over

@Thanqol Re: the Zecorax
    Spoiler
    Show

I read your Derpy story a bit ago, so my recollection may not be clear, I have a couple issues with it. It seems odd that no one with prodigious magical power attempted to stop the burning before it consumed everything. Also, Filthy Rich doesn't strike me as the type to destroy such a large amount of everything on hat is essentially for him, an extra project on top of his main source of revenue. He struck me as perhaps a bit ruthless in business competition, but basically a decent and considerate person, in contrast to the predatory scammers Flim and Flam. Also, he seems attached to Ponyville, since he actually lives there, as has his entire family; he even has a filly who has spent her entire life there. Maybe I'm totally off base, and the characters serve a consistent purpose regardless.

Also, you may want to make the anti-monster machine bigger, I see no way it's big enough to hamper an Ursa Major or similarly sized creature as presently described. Since you want to end on a hopeful note, perhaps take a cue from the original story of the Lorax, and have Derpy beginning to plant Zap Apple tree seeds as a more direct invocation of hope than her unsubstantiated promise. I don't know how useful this is for you, but that's what I thought. Liked the concept overall though
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh and one last thing:

Spoiler
    Show

Season 2:

Episode 7: Song
    Episode 8: No song
    Episode 9: Song
    Episode 10: No song
    Episode 11: Song
    Episode 12: No song
    Episode 13: Song
    Episode 14: No song
    Episode 15: Song
    Episode 16: No song
    Episode 17: Song
    Episode 18: Song

NO NO NO

GODDAMNIT

GODDAMNIT

GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT

GODDAMNIT

YOU BROKE THE PATTERN

YOU BROKE THE PATTERN PINKIE

Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

24. - Top - End - #174

Derpception?
    Wait.... Does this mean Equestria
    Spoiler
    Show
    is inside a snowglobe?! On the flank on another derpy?!
    *head'splode*
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

That's actually a pretty interesting and overly complicated story. I remember the good old days when witches were evil because they were jerks and they sat around waiting for idiots to wander into their houses. Things were so much simpler back then.
    Of course, the bare bones were covered by a lot of the general panto-ness, silliness and jokes, but the point is, if you looked at the basic plot, it made sense; it wasn't lazily written just because it was a panto! A fact I'm very proud of!

It also allowed things like the fact that the father didn't have to painted as a heartless would-be child-murderer (as in the fairy tale) - all the better for the happy ending - and facilitated the plot-twist of me being the Prince. Which was, as I say, a genuine twist, (bigger than Hansel and Gretel's wicked step-mother being the evil witch) because by now, everyone expects from me to be the bad guy, so it was a geniunely out-of-the-blue surprise for all our regulars!

(Though one you could concievably have guessed, given the prince's rent demands were all delivered through Clump and no-one could remember what the Prince looked like ("He was a great big tall little chap with blond black hair and a ginger beard. No, wait a minute – that can’t be right.") and Clump was seen meeting and being subserviant to the witch. The clues were there, but, of course, with this being a panto, you tend not to concentrate so much on the plot - because, like, it's a panto.)

The fridge-cleverness of the plot (if you'll forgive my paraphrasing of the tropes) was just background, really. It didn't matter if you never thought about it, the fact it was there made all of the nit-pickers among the group feel better!

(All our pantos tend to be a bit like that. We're sort of quite popular, for a small and entirely amateur crowd. The fact we've been doing it for years does help rather, even if I'm now the joint veteran for doing it the longest at this stage. Even if I do say so myself, we're actually quite good at it!)

Also, there needs to be more Popeye/Pony references.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-02-18 at 08:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Oh and one last thing:

Spoiler
    Show

Season 2:

Episode 7: Song
    Episode 8: No song
    Episode 9: Song
    Episode 10: No song
    Episode 11: Song
    Episode 12: No song
    Episode 13: Song
    Episode 14: No song
    Episode 15: Song
    Episode 16: No song
    Episode 17: Song
    Episode 18: Song

NO NO NO

GODDAMNIT

GODDAMNIT

GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT

GODDAMNIT

YOU BROKE THE PATTERN

YOU BROKE THE PATTERN PINKIE

We've damned enough gods to know there's not nearly that many in Equestria.

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *head'splode*
    Nah, its contained on the flank of the Derpus Major, which in turn is inside the Derpus Ultra, which is in turn on the flank on the Derpus Bombastus Fantasticus Maximus, which is found on the flank of one Derpy Hooves if you look close at her cuti mark with a very, very strong microscope.

Note: If I ever become a rapper, my new name would be Fantasticus.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Am i the only one who ISN'T annoyed by the fact that there are all these random songs that all seem to start within 5 minutes into the episode?!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *head'splode*
    That's the final reveal of the series! Just like St. Elsewhere!
    Spoiler
    Show

great, now I'm sad. Time to spend another hour looping

Spoiler
    Show
    Smile Smile Smile
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am i the only one who ISN'T annoyed by the fact that there are all these random songs that all seem to start within 5 minutes into the episode?!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you kidding? Smile Smile Smile has consumed my last five waking hours!
    Show