New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1503

Thread: [Nexus] Home 11

1. - Top - End - #1111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 11

SET Spaceship

The male is momentarily distracted by something on the tablet, but quickly goes back to paying attention to Jakob.

"It happens that your [hive mind?] would be excellent for..." and then he goes on about data storage and networking and that apparently the alternative is to make a small moon? A number of very un-dangerous sounding things.

Cottage

"I do not. I believe I was thrown, or perhaps knocked away. I was able to rise to my feet, and don my robe, and fled while my assailant was distracted. I'm not sure what saved me, but I am thankful. Then you found me, here in this place where the sun is not longer glutinously swollen, and doom does not loom so strongly. Where is this place?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-06-25 at 01:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cottage

"Guess you got lucky. And yeah, sun's still okay here.
    This place? It's called the Nexus. Sort of a place where all sorts of worlds come together. I'm not very good at explaining it, just know people from different worlds drop in all the time."

Apartment

Peter sighs as he looks at the number he wrote down on the paper in front of him.
    Trying to work up the courage to call the pretty dragon lady.
    A few minutes of insecurity later, he picks up his cellphone and dials the number. It rings and he waits for her to pick up. Fingers crossed!
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

The phone will ring twice before a voice on the other end answers, "Hello? This is Ormirrah speaking."

Background noice can be heard for a moment before it dies down; apprently she turned down the television volume as she was speaking.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cottage

"Curious. I suppose a dying world might be more likely to offer up lost souls than a healthy one would be."

She sips her soup some more It's about gone by now.

5. - Top - End - #1115

SET Spaceship

Jakob would frown if he had lips, and instead allows a deep rumble out of one of his throats as the other two speak, "If you wish to build computer out of flesh, I will provide you samples for it after you have shown me you can do what I require. Give me something that can create havoc, and I will supply you with what you need for these fleshy machines."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1116

[Cottage]

"This is more a sort of world between worlds."
    She shrugs. "It's complicated, but you're safe now. Want some more?"

[Apartment]

Oh my, she's answering! Quick, say something.
    "Er, hi. This is Peter. I read your text on the wall and you seemed like a nice girl, so I thought I'd call."
    Smooth, Peter. Very smooth
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

"Good to hear my post got some notice! Anywhere in particular you want to meet me? We can save getting to know each other for when we meet face to face."

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The male looks a bit perplexed for a moment. "Do you mean that [literal?], or that you want [an thing?] highly damaging?" He turns his attention back to the tablet. "Anyway, [lacking?] data we can not do much. Data is required [prior] we do anything."

Cottage

"I would not want to inconvenience you or others, the safety you have provided me with should be ample. In fact, when I am rested I believe I shall leave and examine this new world."

It seems to be that she misinterpreted what the question was about.

9. - Top - End - #1119

[Apartment]

"Uhm, not really. Want to meet in a park or go somewhere to grab a bite to eat? "

That's what people do on dates, right? Right?

Cottage

Oh no, that's not what I meant! I just meant if you wanted some more soup.
    You're welcome to stay as long as you want."
    Last edited by Eadin; 2012-06-25 at 04:35 PM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

10. - Top - End - #1120

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    SET Spaceship

The male looks a bit perplexed for a moment. "Do you mean that [literal?], or that you want [an thing?] highly damaging?" He turns his attention back to the tablet. "Anyway, [lacking?] data we can not do much. Data is required [prior] we do anything."
    SET Spaceship

"You may still have samples of a stone tower from the city, it was there when you captured the queen. Jakob knows that it can be used to make more of the horde if energies are replicated. If you are in need of data, you can study Jakob." A rather bold decision to make, but it's not as if he hasn't proven himself capable of dealing with these creatures before.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

"We don't know how [chitinous horde] works. You have stated you are a... [oddity?]? What was the word? In any case, without data what what is already [available?] your kind, and how we should go about designing [improve?]."

The male looks at the tablet again. Hmm...

"If we can prove that we can possibly design [danger], will you get us a [meeting] with this queen?"

Cottage

"Oh. Thank you for your hospitality and the offer of additional food. However, I believe I will pass up on the offer of food for now. At this time, I desire rest. Would you mind if I did so on this item of furniture?"

She has not seemed to have noticed the pile of sheets and pillows.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-06-25 at 04:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

"Why not both? we could go get something to eat and then walk around and talk for a little while. I hear the parks can be a lot of fun." Ormirrah says. There isn't much sound beyond her voice coming from the other end of the phone line, so it'll be hard to tell what she's doing.

13. - Top - End - #1123

SET Spaceship

Jakob considers it, "I cannot account for her, but I will tell her you wish to meet with her, and explain why it is in her best interests to do so."

14. - Top - End - #1124

Cottage

"Oh, yes! Of course. Here are some blankets and pillows." She hands them to the woman.
    "Might make you a bit more comfortable."

Apartment

"Oh, that sounds nice. How about we meet at La Rosa Negra in Inside? Tomorrow at noon?"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

"Well, after an incident with the [DOOM] you left, and [something about a pumpkin?] we have something that might interest you. It's not [biological?], but I'm sure we could accomplish something [mathematically similar] if given the data. Do you want to see it?"

Cottage

"Ah, thank you. I hope that you will have a nice rest of the day, Eadin."

She then makes herself comfortable on the couch. After a bit, she closes her eyes and appears to go to sleep.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Apartment]

"I've never heard of it before, but the name sounds really nice. I'll get some directions from the Nexnet and meet you there tomorrow at noon." Ormirrah says, pleasantly

17. - Top - End - #1127

Cottage

The hydriad will give the woman a smile. "Goodnight."
    She'll gather the bowl and go into the kitchen, probably going to sleep after that.
    [Apartment]
    "Cool, er. I'll see you there. I'll wait outside."
    He sounds a little nervous, poor guy.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

18. - Top - End - #1128

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    SET Spaceship

"Well, after an incident with the [DOOM] you left, and [something about a pumpkin?] we have something that might interest you. It's not [biological?], but I'm sure we could accomplish something [mathematically similar] if given the data. Do you want to see it?"

Cottage

"Ah, thank you. I hope that you will have a nice rest of the day, Eadin."

She then makes herself comfortable on the couch. After a bit, she closes her eyes and appears to go to sleep.
    SET Spaceship

"I will look at it, and tell you if it is something I could use. However, I have come to you with purpose in mind, and will not be forgetting it now. I wish to show the hive what a true warrior breed can do."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-06-25 at 06:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

"No, there is no way you would be able to use it."

Hey, a whole sentence through the translator.

"But [female name] is very proud of it, and wants to try it out."

20. - Top - End - #1130

SET Spaceship

"Very well, show me your proof then. I received my chance to show off, and so now it is only fair you have yours."

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The male nods, and touches the tablet. A large door will swing open on the far side of the room from where Jakob is, revealing a 20 foot tall silvery robot.

Fully articulated hands, sleek yet solid arms and legs. There is no neck, but there is a transparent thing showing the female inside the robot. No weaponry is obvious on the robot, but it does have some sort of backpack. What kind of backpack is impossible to tell at this angle.

The robot stands like it's dangerous, and the female looks... sure of herself.

22. - Top - End - #1132

SET Spaceship

Jakob only wishes he could grin at her cockiness. "You seal yourself in a tin can and serve yourself up to me? How kind." Without wasting anymore words, Jakob's tails slap against the floor of the room and propel him as high as the roof allows. His arc should take him to the mech's current position, where he'll attempt to wrap his tails up under the arms and around the backpack so he can gain purchase on it. A claw scythes down for a probing strike to see just how strong this might be.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The female retorts in kind, "Go ahead, make my day."

A pair of tesla coils pop up from the backpack, trying to shock Jakob. Either way, however, Jakob should be able to get a claw against the bot, leaving a number of scratches. Superficial, but it does mean that this is made of the less invincible silvery stuff, as opposed to the very invincible silvery stuff.

24. - Top - End - #1134

SET Spaceship

Jakob's body seems to... flow impossibly around the coils for the moment as it becomes clear he is still under the effects of the spell earlier which allows him to warp his body to his advantage. The material he pulls from his tails and lower torso bunches up around his necks, which each swivel a hundred and eighty degrees so they are facing the clear section.

Then he bends over backwards, three separate strikes heading for where the edge of the transparent thing where it meets the silvery metal, trying to dig in deep and produce some kind of fracture or tear it clean off. His tails will let the arms go so he can continue the motion into an awkward flip, landing somewhat unsteadily and somewhat disoriented in front of the robot.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

Interesting things about the materials the SETs use: while they are very durable, after a certain point they just give way, even more so than normal materials. As thus, Jakob's attack causes big dents in the metal and large cracks in the transparent parts. The transparent part does not simply pop open, but the female is suddenly looking considerably less sure.

This does not dissuade her completely, though. The robot moves faster than it has any right to, trying to get on top of Jakob and pin him to the ground.

Obviously, the female in the robot does not know the first thing about wrestling. That is a very poor attempt at a pin.

26. - Top - End - #1136

SET Spaceship

A very poor attempt indeed, considering Jakob's less than normal physiology. Pinning a creature without legs has been known to be impossible, and Jakob having three arms can only make things worse. For example, while the robot has arms enough to hold the left and right scythed claws to the ground, the one in the center is completely unbound, and lashes upwards directly at one of the cracks he made earlier. The muscle mass around the necks shrinks as the attack is made, boosting the force of this strike even further.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The SET is suddenly quite surprised to find a claw bursting into her cockpit! She flattens herself against the back of the cockpit, which isn't realyy saying anything since the cockpit is very small.

Not being trained AT ALL, the SET does not think to try and, you know, get off of Jakob and away from the claw that way. She instead tries to worm around inside the cockpit which is far too small to worm around in.

She knows how to build weapons, but not how to fight.

28. - Top - End - #1138

SET Spaceship

Jakob gives a rumbling growl of approval from three throats, "Machine is good, but weakness is too obvious. Replace glass with more metal, and have person inside look out through cameras. That way, it will be harder to tell you are in there, waiting to be crushed." With his claw hovering a handful of centimeters from her, Jakob pulls back, raising his other two claws up despite the weight of the mech so he can fully extract it.

"Joints may also be weak. Jakob will test." The center claw lashes out again, this time for the mech's left arm shoulder socket, trying to deform the metal enough to cause problems.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The claw will Be able to shear through the surface with some trouble, but apparently not enough to actually damage the inner workings. This can be deemed by the bot successfully pushing off of and away from Jakob.

The mech then takes up a defensive stance, not pushing the attack this time.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dave and Clarissa's Haunted House

Released from Clarissa's grasp the undead rat-thing begins to move, claws scrabbling against the stone floor as it pulls itself along by it's forepaws, lower torso dragging uselessly behind.

Needless to say, it takes it a while to get anywhere, but eventually it manages to squeeze under one of the shelves and... Well, it's sort of hard to tell where the rat goes after that 'cause there's a shelf in the way.

Ex-LANTERN HQ

Dragging Jack down into the basement where the teleport-torpedo hit, Riv types the return code in on a small keypad.

Nothing happens.

No flash of light, sudden spatial distortion, certainly no sudden re-appearance a thousand miles away in a covert para-military research facility.

"What the hell? Work, dammit!" Riv snarls, succeeding only in hurting his foot as he kicks at the machine.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.