New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1503

Thread: [Nexus] Home 11

1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 11

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    SET Spaceship

The claw will Be able to shear through the surface with some trouble, but apparently not enough to actually damage the inner workings. This can be deemed by the bot successfully pushing off of and away from Jakob.

The mech then takes up a defensive stance, not pushing the attack this time.
    SET Spaceship

Good joint protection there, or at least equal to the rest of the mech's armor. Jakob quickly levers himself up to balance on his tails once more, beaks snapping viciously.

"Is there any point to continued struggle? You are a builder, not a warrior. Unless you can overwhelm me with force, this thing will not be sufficient to win you the day." Jakob hangs back as well, his distorted form slowly evening out as he waits for her response.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The female will sigh and the front hatch will pop open. She get out and looks at the damage.

Man... She had been proud of this thing. But he's right...

The male looks a bit uneasy. He's not sure what will happen next.

3. - Top - End - #1143

SET Spaceship

Jakob's own form shifts back to his smaller golem form for now, "Is good machine. In the hands of a fighter, it could avoid the damage I have done more easily." The overlord looks up to the male questioningly, "What is it you are doing up there that you cannot come down to speak?"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

"Making sure nothing goes [horrible?] wrong."

The female nods. "You came in when we [examine?] a new [creature?]. [fascinating?], both [physical] and [mental]."

The male looks over his shoulder at the Weredeor. Had it fallen back asleep?

5. - Top - End - #1145

[SET Spaceship]

Asleep?

No.

Just observing for the time being.

It has no idea what in the Huntress' name is going on. Just lots of crazy moon-gibberish and some thrashing sounds coming from... somewhere.

However!

If it can hear Jakob speaking that's an upside!

Finally someone who makes sense!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1146

SET Spaceship

Jakob gets a gleam in his eye at the mention of a new creature, and bends down to pick up his sword, "May Jakob see this new creature? I wish to be... fascinated..."

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The Weredeor can, in fact, hear Jakob. This isn't the best conversation to only hear half of, but it might be better than just some gibberish.

The male moves the Weredeor's table to the window, turning it so that Jakob can get a good look at it. The female starts talking about their discoveries: the destruction that it caused, what it did to the being it ate, the whole deal with multiple minds: three bestial ones and the sentient one (which is in control right now) and other things about the beast that they know. There is a lot of [no translation] and some [technobabble], but Jakob should get the gist of the situation.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-06-26 at 06:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1148

[SET Spaceship]

Weredeor on display!

It doesn't look like a door at all.

Instead it looks like some kind of horrific human/elephant/hyena/pangolin chimera. The creature is quite hideous. And pretty darn strong, too!

But that's hard to tell given that the creature is strapped to a table with some pretty darn strong bounds.

It wiggles a bit. And peers at Jakob if it can see him.

9. - Top - End - #1149

SET Spaceship

Jakob studies the beast, even as he absorbs what information he can from the incomprehensible aliens, looking into its eyes for any shred of intelligence he can find. Assuming he finds what he's looking for, he'll nod once, then turn to the female.

"Once you have learned all you can from this beast, I would ask you turn it into what I require, in exchange for the materials to build your computer of flesh." This is almost certainly what he was hoping to find here, perhaps even better. A hybrid crafted from such a powerful creature would easily top anything else the hive could produce naturally.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The SETs look confused. Why would they do that?

"We were intending to attempt to [repair] him so that he could live with it. Or perhaps [extract] it, if possible. I don't think he would like being made into a [chitinous horde] member."

11. - Top - End - #1151

[SET Spaceship]

Intelligence?

Yes.

This creature is most certainly intelligent. And about that device that was installed into it? The other minds. The other spirits. Are currently working ad possessing the piece of machinery. If they can control a biological computer why not non-living one?

"Turn it into..." the weredeor echoes. "What are you intending to do with me?"

And then some snarling, rawr! And straining against the restraints with redoubled effort. It doesn't like where this conversation is going.

12. - Top - End - #1152

SET Spaceship

"What is more important to you, this experiment's ease of mind, or what I have to offer in return for what I ask?" They really should think about that. Their experiment's feelings didn't seem to come into play when they captured and mutated Jenna, so he's unsure why they would have a change of heart now, when he's offering something of far greater value.

"You need not alter its thoughts. It must think, if it is to become what I require." A powerful warrior, the likes of which he has not seen since his first encounters with the hivemind.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-06-26 at 07:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

Oh my goodness why is it growling?

Jakob's plea for consistency is ignored for a moment while the male tries to figure out what's wrong with the beast. He didn't tell it to switch! He tries to figure out what's going on and fix it.

The female is also distracted by the sudden growling, and heads for a wall.

14. - Top - End - #1154

[SET Spaceship]

Why the weredeor is upset?

Well!

Let us count the reasons, shall we?

Apparently it is being bartered over. And it is lashed to a table. And it has no idea what the SETs intend to do with it. And apparently someone is planning on turning it into something else.

Though in considering it...

Maybe that last one isn't so bad?

If it were turned into something else would the animal spirits still be able to cling to it? If not then that would be great! Better to be a monster with a mind of its own rather than a monster fighting off the will of three other monsters.

Oh. And the device in its brain is steadily being taken over by the three other consciousnesses. It will be, at best, a temporary solution.

"If you can keep me lucid I don't care what you turn me into," the weredeor says.

15. - Top - End - #1155

SET Spaceship

"You see? Even it knows its fate will only improve. Do what you will, but only one path will lead you to what you desire." Jakob settles back and lets the SETs do whatever they wish. He is done speaking reasonably with them. If they do not comply with his request, then this was an unfortunate waste, and nothing more.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The female steps through a doorway that appears in the wall, and up to the room almost instantly. She goes over the data: what happened?

The female having come up, the male turns his attention to Jakob.

"Could you leave some kind of [contact information?]? We will get back to you. Oh, and please leave the [translator?]? We really need it."

17. - Top - End - #1157

SET Spaceship

"If you have map, Jakob can show you where hive is. Otherwise, Jakob will have someone contact you when you need him." No explanation as to how he'll know when they'll need him.

"Take translator then, as a gift. When I next see you, you had best have an answer about my offer. I will extend it no longer." Jakob takes the circlet off his head and places it on the floor, then turns and heads for the hole he blasted through the door.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

When Jakob gets to the outdoors, the lobster in a kilt is there with a tablet. the tablet has a map on it. The tablet also has a note on it, in common.

I didn't know the SETs could use other languages at ALL.

We are scientists. Not gun smiths. If we help you? Yay. If no? QQ.

19. - Top - End - #1159

SET Spaceship

Jakob only gives the note a barest glance before looking at the map, and touching the location of the hive's mountain with a forefinger. The he walks away at a measured pace.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac]

Strolling along the street is a young woman. Those that live in the area would at least notice the family resemblance to the family of rabbit-people that live here. Naturally, she's a rabbit-person herself. Her hair is brown and skin tanned. She's dressed casually in shorts and a light tshirt. She pushes her sunglasses up her nose as a cloud moves away from the sun.

Her feet drag, intentionally slowing her pace. At the moment she's not all that keen on facing her sister. She stops at the driveway, thinking if there's any way she can avoid doing just that.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Trium, presumably accompanied by Spec, has returned here, after far too long an absence. Though rather than the forest clearing that they first went to, the mage has come to a soft, springy, platform high in the trees, formed by weaving rather a lot of branches together and letting them grow in that shape.

In addition to its comfort, it also provides a rather nice view of the sky, which is having one of its rare eight-moon nights, where all eight moons are together, made all the more spectacular by the fact that this particular is taking place in front of the nearby gas giant.

22. - Top - End - #1162

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

Emerging from the house of the rabbit family is a decidedly not rabbit looking girl. The curly-haired Emmi sits down at the stoop and wriggles her feet into a pair of red rollerskates. As she stands up she notices the rabbit-girl at the end of the driveway. Friendly as ever, she waves at the girl and skates over to meet her.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Dwarf in the Playground

SET Spaceship

The SETs seem rather distraught and preoccupied with what just happened. They talk, the female paces, they seem worried, and things don't get better very fast. It quickly becomes obvious that this is a full-blown argument. It's a very gentlemanly argument, but the atmosphere is tense and not loosening up at all.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

The bunnygirl is a bit surprised to see Emmi, but her mind quickly connects the dots. "Hey. You must be Emmi, right? I'm Angie's aunt. Name's Lisa." She says with a smile.

25. - Top - End - #1165

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac

"Yeah, that's me," Emmi says cheerfully. "It's nice to meet you. You've heard about me? Good stuff, I hope?" she asks, seeming a little self concious.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

Lisa laughs and nods. "Oh yeah. Angie babbles on about you every so often. She's crazy about you, bu you could probably guess that."

27. - Top - End - #1167

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

Emmi visibly relaxes a bit and laughs herself. "I guess so. You probably know about every time I've ever visited then. I don't know anything about you, though. I guess you're... *Orchestra goes back and looks the name up* Celia's sister?"

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

Lisa taps her nose. "Right on the mark. One of many. Having kids crawling all over the place runs in the family."

29. - Top - End - #1169

A pleasant Cul-De-Sac

"It's pretty incredible. I couldn't imagine having that many brothers and sisters. Or kids for that matter."
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-06-30 at 09:16 PM.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

"Heh, I know what you mean about the kids. I couldn't imagine having more than five myself." It doesn't even occur to Lisa that most people would consider five fairly high too.